Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,688)

Showing posts 133,741 - 133,760 of223,220
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to get through the Thanksgiving festivities first. Picture a large table in a sterile dining room. 30 or so people dining on the carcasses of 5 large birds. My favorite chef (in the whole world) brings me a plate of wild rice, wild mushrooms and asparagus. Furtive glances my way, "is she sane now"?
Fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been through this a couple of times before. Please pay attention.
Iron gets magnetized. It concentrates magnetic fields. It is in your blood. It is affected by magnetic fields, and it also induces electricity on the cellular level. The smaller fields follow the larger fields, but there is time delays between what happens in different sections. It contributes to animation. The core of the earth is iron. Collecting cosmic magnetic emissions on a larger scale, which are then also passed onto the smaller fields walking around on the surface. Those cosmic fields have a shaping affect on those walking bodies, including their "thoughts". They were shaped and formed within those emissions for a long time.
Everything alive has an EM signature. Derived from chemical processes and cosmic influences. Cosmic not just from what radiates from the sky directly on you, but also what is collected and retransmitted via the earth core, possibly even amplified. This is flows, not "super magnets".
At the least, carbon organisms are collections of tuned EM circuits.
DNA amplifies coding in very small thingies into much larger creatures. Almost, if not every bit, done by EM processes. Those DNA are also tuned circuits.
Gravitationally, the center of mass for you, me, and every object in this solar system is almost dead center of the sun. That is where the balance point between us and the sun is. You shift an ounce here, and you shift an ounce there.
You are flying on remote control.
Even when you aren't attacking science, you still make the fallacious equivocation of machine to biology. There is no comparison, the two are vastly different. You should stop before you make more a fool of yourself on this matter.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
so u truly believe we created out of thin air?
Yes, they do. That is what makes there religion quite dangerous and very delusional.

They have actually deceived themselves into believing a Lie. They believe a Lie. They believe that somehow a Big BANG explosion...then by itself evolved into planets...one of these planets being Earth....then non life dead materials on earth somehow gave life...then that life eventually grew scales...and eventually Voilą...Marilyn Monroe.

Science disproves that...yet they cling to it. Some religion eh? How can you not crack up laughing.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

"East is the direction toward which the Earth rotates about its axis, and therefore the general direction from which the Sun appears to rise."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East

The earth and sun rotate the same direction. Earth arises in the east of the sun.

" So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do u hate the idea of there being a God?
@Tam... u r not gay!!! u just messin with my head!!!
She r so gay.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
"East is the direction toward which the Earth rotates about its axis, and therefore the general direction from which the Sun appears to rise."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East
The earth and sun rotate the same direction. Earth arises in the east of the sun.
" So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Even when you aren't attacking science, you still make the fallacious equivocation of machine to biology. There is no comparison, the two are vastly different. You should stop before you make more a fool of yourself on this matter.
You are the fool for equivalating collections of atomic particles called biological molecules as something different than collections of metal molecules making a lever.

I thought you believed in abiogenetic evolution?

The body is classified as a machine. Look it up. You think those parts work by magic? Appears so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
Little Oral Annie would have been more interesting.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Clementia wrote:
so u truly believe we created out of thin air?
I believe that all modern living things evolved from a common ancestral population of living things, using natural processes that we can still observe operating around us today.

So are you asking about evolution? Abiogenesis (the origin of life)? The origin of planet Earth? The origin of the Solar System? The origin of the Universe?

Which?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they do. That is what makes there religion quite dangerous and very delusional.
They have actually deceived themselves into believing a Lie. They believe a Lie. They believe that somehow a Big BANG explosion...then by itself evolved into planets...one of these planets being Earth....then non life dead materials on earth somehow gave life...then that life eventually grew scales...and eventually Voilą...Marilyn Monroe.
Science disproves that...yet they cling to it. Some religion eh? How can you not crack up laughing.
well, i believe all that but i can't understand how it could just happen on it's own.

Marilyn Monroe was a goddess!! my role model, lol!

Raag Goojaree, Fifth Mehl:
Why, O mind, do you plot and plan, when the Dear Lord Himself provides for your care?
From rocks and stones He created living beings; He places their nourishment before them.||1||
O my Dear Lord of souls, one who joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, is saved.
By Guru's Grace, the supreme status is obtained, and the dry wood blossoms forth again in lush greenery.||1||Pause||
Mothers, fathers, friends, children and spouses-no one is the support of anyone else.
For each and every person, our Lord and Master provides sustenance. Why are you so afraid, O mind?||2||
The flamingoes fly hundreds of miles, leaving their young ones behind. Who feeds them, and who teaches them to feed themselves? Have you ever thought of this in your mind?||3||

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
She r so gay.
r u serious?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

bossdrop wrote:
Yes, they do. That is what makes there religion quite dangerous and very delusional.
What is delusional (and often dangerous) is believing that a supernatural, invisible skydaddy magically "poofed" everything into existence in a period of 6 days and then required sacrificing himself to himself in order to prevent himself from committing further genocide against his creations.
bossdrop wrote:
They believe that somehow a Big BANG explosion...then by itself evolved into planets...one of these planets being Earth....then non life dead materials on earth somehow gave life...then that life eventually grew scales...and eventually Voilą...Marilyn Monroe.
Science disproves that
And how does science disprove any of that?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Clementia wrote:
i believe all that but i can't understand how it could just happen on it's own.
So if it didn't happen on its own, how did it happen?

If you say that a "god" did it, then how did a "god" come into existence on its own?

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
r u serious?
Why is it so hard to believe?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What is delusional (and often dangerous) is believing that a supernatural, invisible skydaddy magically "poofed" everything into existence in a period of 6 days and then required sacrificing himself to himself in order to prevent himself from committing further genocide against his creations.
<quoted text>
And how does science disprove any of that?
I understand what your saying, some things written in religious books don't make sense!!

I don't agree with the above either, but i also don't agree with atheists when they say the world just created itself.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Get make with he in a sauna after a few glasses of wine and find out.

Let me watch.

:getting the popcorn:

:)
;)
:0
XD
:P
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
r u serious?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So if it didn't happen on its own, how did it happen?
If you say that a "god" did it, then how did a "god" come into existence on its own?
Sikhi also asks the same question; "How did u create yourself?"

God is some kind of energy or something like that, i'm waiting for science to figure it out!

How many times do i have to tell u, dear?? huh, how many? God is NOT an old man with a long white beard sitting on a cloud!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Get make with he in a sauna after a few glasses of wine and find out.
Let me watch.
:getting the popcorn:
;)
:0
XD
:P
<quoted text>
what? get in sauna with who?

i aint gay, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! not that i have a problem with tam if she is!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Go is a work of fiction. Discuss it with Tam in a sauna after some wine she will explain it to you.

;)
:D
;P
XD
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikhi also asks the same question; "How did u create yourself?"
God is some kind of energy or something like that, i'm waiting for science to figure it out!
How many times do i have to tell u, dear?? huh, how many? God is NOT an old man with a long white beard sitting on a cloud!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so hard to believe?
coz u guys always messin with me, i don't know when u joking or not!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 133,741 - 133,760 of223,220
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••