Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#139135 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been through this a couple of times before. Please pay attention.
Iron gets magnetized. It concentrates magnetic fields. It is in your blood. It is affected by magnetic fields, and it also induces electricity on the cellular level. The smaller fields follow the larger fields, but there is time delays between what happens in different sections. It contributes to animation. The core of the earth is iron. Collecting cosmic magnetic emissions on a larger scale, which are then also passed onto the smaller fields walking around on the surface. Those cosmic fields have a shaping affect on those walking bodies, including their "thoughts". They were shaped and formed within those emissions for a long time.
Everything alive has an EM signature. Derived from chemical processes and cosmic influences. Cosmic not just from what radiates from the sky directly on you, but also what is collected and retransmitted via the earth core, possibly even amplified. This is flows, not "super magnets".
At the least, carbon organisms are collections of tuned EM circuits.
DNA amplifies coding in very small thingies into much larger creatures. Almost, if not every bit, done by EM processes. Those DNA are also tuned circuits.
Gravitationally, the center of mass for you, me, and every object in this solar system is almost dead center of the sun. That is where the balance point between us and the sun is. You shift an ounce here, and you shift an ounce there.
You are flying on remote control.
Even when you aren't attacking science, you still make the fallacious equivocation of machine to biology. There is no comparison, the two are vastly different. You should stop before you make more a fool of yourself on this matter.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

#139136 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
so u truly believe we created out of thin air?
Yes, they do. That is what makes there religion quite dangerous and very delusional.

They have actually deceived themselves into believing a Lie. They believe a Lie. They believe that somehow a Big BANG explosion...then by itself evolved into planets...one of these planets being Earth....then non life dead materials on earth somehow gave life...then that life eventually grew scales...and eventually Voilą...Marilyn Monroe.

Science disproves that...yet they cling to it. Some religion eh? How can you not crack up laughing.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139137 Nov 19, 2012
"East is the direction toward which the Earth rotates about its axis, and therefore the general direction from which the Sun appears to rise."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East

The earth and sun rotate the same direction. Earth arises in the east of the sun.

" So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#139138 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do u hate the idea of there being a God?
@Tam... u r not gay!!! u just messin with my head!!!
She r so gay.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#139139 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
"East is the direction toward which the Earth rotates about its axis, and therefore the general direction from which the Sun appears to rise."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East
The earth and sun rotate the same direction. Earth arises in the east of the sun.
" So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139140 Nov 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Even when you aren't attacking science, you still make the fallacious equivocation of machine to biology. There is no comparison, the two are vastly different. You should stop before you make more a fool of yourself on this matter.
You are the fool for equivalating collections of atomic particles called biological molecules as something different than collections of metal molecules making a lever.

I thought you believed in abiogenetic evolution?

The body is classified as a machine. Look it up. You think those parts work by magic? Appears so.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139141 Nov 19, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Yop62wQH498XX
Little Oral Annie would have been more interesting.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#139142 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
so u truly believe we created out of thin air?
I believe that all modern living things evolved from a common ancestral population of living things, using natural processes that we can still observe operating around us today.

So are you asking about evolution? Abiogenesis (the origin of life)? The origin of planet Earth? The origin of the Solar System? The origin of the Universe?

Which?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139143 Nov 19, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they do. That is what makes there religion quite dangerous and very delusional.
They have actually deceived themselves into believing a Lie. They believe a Lie. They believe that somehow a Big BANG explosion...then by itself evolved into planets...one of these planets being Earth....then non life dead materials on earth somehow gave life...then that life eventually grew scales...and eventually Voilą...Marilyn Monroe.
Science disproves that...yet they cling to it. Some religion eh? How can you not crack up laughing.
well, i believe all that but i can't understand how it could just happen on it's own.

Marilyn Monroe was a goddess!! my role model, lol!

Raag Goojaree, Fifth Mehl:
Why, O mind, do you plot and plan, when the Dear Lord Himself provides for your care?
From rocks and stones He created living beings; He places their nourishment before them.||1||
O my Dear Lord of souls, one who joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, is saved.
By Guru's Grace, the supreme status is obtained, and the dry wood blossoms forth again in lush greenery.||1||Pause||
Mothers, fathers, friends, children and spouses-no one is the support of anyone else.
For each and every person, our Lord and Master provides sustenance. Why are you so afraid, O mind?||2||
The flamingoes fly hundreds of miles, leaving their young ones behind. Who feeds them, and who teaches them to feed themselves? Have you ever thought of this in your mind?||3||

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139144 Nov 19, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
She r so gay.
r u serious?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#139145 Nov 19, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
Yes, they do. That is what makes there religion quite dangerous and very delusional.
What is delusional (and often dangerous) is believing that a supernatural, invisible skydaddy magically "poofed" everything into existence in a period of 6 days and then required sacrificing himself to himself in order to prevent himself from committing further genocide against his creations.
bossdrop wrote:
They believe that somehow a Big BANG explosion...then by itself evolved into planets...one of these planets being Earth....then non life dead materials on earth somehow gave life...then that life eventually grew scales...and eventually Voilą...Marilyn Monroe.
Science disproves that
And how does science disprove any of that?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#139146 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
i believe all that but i can't understand how it could just happen on it's own.
So if it didn't happen on its own, how did it happen?

If you say that a "god" did it, then how did a "god" come into existence on its own?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#139147 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
r u serious?
Why is it so hard to believe?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139148 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What is delusional (and often dangerous) is believing that a supernatural, invisible skydaddy magically "poofed" everything into existence in a period of 6 days and then required sacrificing himself to himself in order to prevent himself from committing further genocide against his creations.
<quoted text>
And how does science disprove any of that?
I understand what your saying, some things written in religious books don't make sense!!

I don't agree with the above either, but i also don't agree with atheists when they say the world just created itself.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#139149 Nov 19, 2012
Get make with he in a sauna after a few glasses of wine and find out.

Let me watch.

:getting the popcorn:

:)
;)
:0
XD
:P
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
r u serious?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139150 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So if it didn't happen on its own, how did it happen?
If you say that a "god" did it, then how did a "god" come into existence on its own?
Sikhi also asks the same question; "How did u create yourself?"

God is some kind of energy or something like that, i'm waiting for science to figure it out!

How many times do i have to tell u, dear?? huh, how many? God is NOT an old man with a long white beard sitting on a cloud!!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139151 Nov 19, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Get make with he in a sauna after a few glasses of wine and find out.
Let me watch.
:getting the popcorn:
:)
;)
:0
XD
:P
<quoted text>
what? get in sauna with who?

i aint gay, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! not that i have a problem with tam if she is!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#139152 Nov 19, 2012
Go is a work of fiction. Discuss it with Tam in a sauna after some wine she will explain it to you.

:)
;)
:D
;P
XD
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikhi also asks the same question; "How did u create yourself?"
God is some kind of energy or something like that, i'm waiting for science to figure it out!
How many times do i have to tell u, dear?? huh, how many? God is NOT an old man with a long white beard sitting on a cloud!!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139153 Nov 19, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so hard to believe?
coz u guys always messin with me, i don't know when u joking or not!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139154 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that all modern living things evolved from a common ancestral population of living things, using natural processes that we can still observe operating around us today.
So are you asking about evolution? Abiogenesis (the origin of life)? The origin of planet Earth? The origin of the Solar System? The origin of the Universe?
Which?
Yes, i believe in evoltion, big bang, etc........but something must have initiated those events and that is the thing i call God!

I'm asking how u believe the big bang was initiated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 13 min Samoan Irish 406
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr DebraE 14,608
News The Consequences of Atheism 7 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 1,319
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr DanFromSmithville 18,692
News The rise of militant atheism (Sep '09) 10 hr prophecydotorg 9,235
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 11 hr prophecydotorg 7,407
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 14 hr Freebird USA 9,329
More from around the web