Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#139033 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You should come to Japan. You'd see that the true meaning of Christmas is commerce, commerce, commerce. Now is the time to buy!
All our stupid stores have already begun playing your Christmas music. Very few of them can actually understand the words, but the constant barrage of it all drives me crazy.
Anyways, yeah, Xmas is a time of family and friends. I liked that about Western countries. In Japan, New Years is the most important holiday for family. Xmas is the time when your boyfriend takes you out for a nice dinner, and then you go to a nice hotel to repay him.
20Nov12.....

....and vhy do you say 'our stores' when you are Not a True Jap!!!

Ps:....but a wannabee Jap.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#139034 Nov 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice fundie two-step!! You avoided his question like a pro!
What does the bible say about pedophilia?
20Nov12.....

....Its clean enough to confirm dat you practice it.

Ps:....paedophilia....you nitWit. Ask 'dinKing'.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

Location hidden

#139035 Nov 19, 2012
Thinking wrote:
?
I've got a US friend who will host us this Thursday and we'll also have a great christmas unsullied by any of that churchy nonsense.
I've got no problem saying "Merry christmas" to anyone. It's "Happy holidays" that grates on me.
<quoted text>
20Nov12.....

.....at least you spell Christmas as 'Christmas' and NOT as 'Xmas' like those Commies do by crossing Christ out of Christmas.

Ps:....Guess you took some rags and 'blew' some schidt-for-brains outta yer skull. Having hosts dat have intelligence vill do dat to hypocrites like you.

....so be on yer toes. Americans know a fake when dey see one.

By da vey,'Happy Holidays'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139036 Nov 19, 2012
Yet your god chooses to kill Americans (37th place for life expectancy by country) before the Japanese (numero uno)... is it because you've been a bad little nob gobbler?
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>20Nov12.....
.....The Japs have no GOD.
Ps:....You can see where dat got'em. If it weren't due to 'stealing' technology from the West, and luring the West into buying their products from 1950's to 1980's in order for them to 'save up' some monies....the Japs would still be livng in schidt houses.
As it it, they barely have room to turn around. More and more young Jap males are complaining that they cannot marry because jap girls want a Western man to take'em away from their schiddtHoles.
The 'tsunami' helped to flush out a lotta schidt tooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#139037 Nov 19, 2012
Hey, Bob is here !!

Easy scrollin.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139038 Nov 19, 2012
As it is a rude gesture on this side of the pond, I have two fingers just for his sort... thank you Apple trackpad for two finger scrolling.
River Tam wrote:
Hey, Bob is here !!
Easy scrollin.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#139039 Nov 19, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Well if the cap fits... oh sorry, you're a catholtard.
<quoted text>
Cap. Capacitance.

That's it. That's the problem.

Too much dielectric in atheist brains, cutting them off from the greater universe. They can't "feel" it. They can't communicate with it. It is just a photograph to them.

The energy, we will call it electricity for convenience, builds up within each enclosed unit with no release, which then overpowers other components within, scrambling the circuitry. Spurious signals. Overheating. A constipation of sorts.

They can't break the barrier from the inside of themselves. One reason they scream for someone to "prove" the higher authority exists. By showing them a photograph.

This shouldn't be that hard to fix.

By golly, God works in mysterious ways.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139040 Nov 19, 2012
Got some dirt and some magic? Sure saved you time studying biology.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cap. Capacitance.
Too much dielectric in atheist brains, cutting them off from the greater universe. They can't "feel" it. They can't communicate with it. It is just a photograph to them.
The energy, we will call it electricity for convenience, builds up within each enclosed unit with no release, which then overpowers other components within, scrambling the circuitry. Spurious signals. Overheating. A constipation of sorts.
They can't break the barrier from the inside of themselves. One reason they scream for someone to "prove" the higher authority exists. By showing them a photograph.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#139041 Nov 19, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
According to some ladies, yes.
Norwich says ManU doesn't.

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#139042 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cap. Capacitance.
Do you wear a tinfoil hat too?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#139043 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. You witnessed this?
Doesn't matter. It is called Christmas now. Deal with it.
Yes, and in that warm spirit, I offer you my magnet collection, left over from a science experiment.

They are so powerful that I have been unable ti separate the stack.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#139044 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Norwich says ManU doesn't.
That didn't happen and I have no idea what you are talking about. No matter how much evidence you can supply, I will still not know about it.

I will go all Yellodog on you here

Location hidden

#139045 Nov 19, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Got some dirt and some magic? Sure saved you time studying biology.
<quoted text>
Tsk.

Magic is for the abiogenetic crowd.

Biology is the study of how things are assembled, not the ultimate causation for the assembly process. That would fall under what is now called physics, which so far states we all emanated from a seed that sprouted. Something those that have their heads buried in the Scriptures of Scientism fail to see, as they don't know how to look up on their own and see things the way they were designed to see.

BTW, most of those that wrote those Scriptures of Science were deist or theist.

Gee, you just can't believe nobody, can you?

Location hidden

#139046 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and in that warm spirit, I offer you my magnet collection, left over from a science experiment.
They are so powerful that I have been unable ti separate the stack.
Bullshit.

You slide them sideways.

I don't need them.

Location hidden

#139047 Nov 19, 2012
http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMC6TS1VED_index_0....

Da Biggie Bangie.

Interesting thing about the heat, though. How did it cool off?

Heat travels by conduction or as light. If it ain't got nowhere to go, and no way to get there, it don't cool.

Location hidden

#139048 Nov 19, 2012
Oh, yeah.

Maybe 1(that's one)% of visible matter is what you could call neutral matter. The rest is plasma. We as humans are in that 1%.

This neutral matter is neutral because it has a collection of balanced charges within it, that can become unbalanced from external forces. Turned into ions and plasma by a variety of means.

But here we still are, after all of this time. Amazing.

This balance of charges, and external influences on them cause all sorts of neato stuff to happen, up to and including sex and the sensations of such. To stay neutral, that fine balance has to pass on energies it receives. Or it kind of goes to pieces. This sets up a very fine web of interactivity.

But, again, here we still are, after all of this time. Still in mostly one piece, so to speak. With that very energetic universe all around us. Amazing.

Gee, how lucky can a person be, huh? To be formed and self sustaining in such a hostile environment for so long. Makes you want to spend your savings on lotto tickets.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139049 Nov 19, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days and Christmas not that far behind. Also the Jewish Holidays are around the corner.
I assume most atheist participate in the Christmas Holidays even if they donít believe in Christ. Parties, friends, loved ones, oh the little munchkins running and playing. A time to exchange gifts and the hugs & kisses and hot coffee, coco, or what ever warms the soul.
If itís not asking too much, try not to be Mr. Scrooge this Christmas. You wonít crack and break into a million pieces if you say,ďMerry Christmas.Ē Youíll be going by that Salvation Army Kettle. Donít drop in a measly quarter. Stuff at least two or three dollars in.
If your community is having a food drive during the holidays, let go of a few cans for some family that has little to nothing. Some work sites adopt families for Christmas. Think about giving to someone who is less fortunate than yourself.
And why would you ASSUME that because we reject God that we don't have compassion for those less fortunate? There are, in fact, many atheist foundations that do wonderful work for the less fortunate. I find it only a little aggravating that you would think that someone who believes differently than you is devoid of caring and compassion.

Location hidden

#139050 Nov 19, 2012
There is an interesting something or other, watchamacallit, or whatever about gravity and stereo and thingies like that.

Play your music in the open air and the stereo kinda hits your years, and the compression waves kinda drift off to the rest of the planet. Oh, eventually they return after a fashion, but you wouldn't recognize them.

Put those speakers in a barrel of water and see if you recognize the tune, with you submerged in it. It ain't stereo no more.

The barrel of water is a barrel of water because gravity squashes it together. It winds up being called bouyancy. Gravity kind of does the same thing it does to this universe.

A mono amplifier will do the same as a stereo amp, you just have less standing waves created, and it may sound like stereo. Depends how and where you turn your head to listen.

You can get a lot of echoes. Hard to tell where the source is. Have to cock your ear the right way.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139051 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>The last Thursday foolishness came from you and if you think that a false memory is plausible, then that is your issue and it only relates to an idea of a 11 billion year old universe.
Nope, you are the one make two claims, one that there is no god and two that the universe is 11 billion years old. the burden of proof is on you, since those are your claims and they are your beliefs. So, since all of your mental projecting is based on your beliefs, then the burden of proof is on you.
Actually, it is your position that is an "Appeal to popular belief" which is why your kind also believed in the flat earth and now the 11 billion year old earth. So, the burden of proof buy necessity falls on the atheist, because he is making a claim and making a challenge based on his belief.
Actually, there is no evidence that the earth dates back to 14 billion years ago, and the fact that you do not know that the range is 11 to 18 billion years, as proposed by various scientist is further proof of your tag along nature.
There is still no evidence that you were born gay, or that a magically frog turned into a land creature. The Bible does not fall when the menial lab tech bottle nature of science. Science is not big enough or capable.
Yes, the Big bang theory does attempt to propose that the universe expanded from nothing, it also says that the void and nothing was in a Black hole. So, your failure is duly noted.
Sediba or Jurassic rat is just another theory, not tested but proposed, that have yet to be proven or supported. But, I see that your desperation has not stopped you from making such claims. In fact, both camps advise that they are 10 to 15 years away from classification or proposing a theory.
But but but, you forgot about singularities, quantum mechanics, laws of physics collapsing in black holes, gravity not always holding up to physics, and all the unsupported observations which you ignore. Such as the major one, which is that not one of the so-called millions of black holes in this universe have ever been seen or observed. Oops.
But, none of this is necessary for you to come here daily just to fall on your sword.
The Christian tactic of attempting to sift the burden of proof was laid to rest with Bertram Russell's celestial teapot. It's a stupid and illogical tact, and you're falling into the same fallacy as many before you have. All intelligent people KNOW that the burden of proof is always on the shoulders of those make a POSITIVE claim. The LACK of belief is NOT a positive claim.

BTW, science doesn't have to observe something to know it exists. We KNOW the orbit of Pluto around the sun is 203 years, but have actually never observed one full orbit. Math and physics are really wonderful things.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139052 Nov 19, 2012
The scientific method strives to get to the right answer based on the best evidence available.

Scripture tries to defend itself, whatever the evidence. Scripture is self serving wank.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk.
Magic is for the abiogenetic crowd.
Biology is the study of how things are assembled, not the ultimate causation for the assembly process. That would fall under what is now called physics, which so far states we all emanated from a seed that sprouted. Something those that have their heads buried in the Scriptures of Scientism fail to see, as they don't know how to look up on their own and see things the way they were designed to see.
BTW, most of those that wrote those Scriptures of Science were deist or theist.
Gee, you just can't believe nobody, can you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 21,998
Stump a theist with 2 questions 2 hr CunningLinguist 13
The Ultimate Evidence of God 4 hr sriKim 120
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 68
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 5 hr Patrick 178
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 11 hr Patrick 4,085
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 11 hr Patrick 38
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••