Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#138978 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You should come to Japan. You'd see that the true meaning of Christmas is commerce, commerce, commerce. Now is the time to buy!
All our stupid stores have already begun playing your Christmas music. Very few of them can actually understand the words, but the constant barrage of it all drives me crazy.
Anyways, yeah, Xmas is a time of family and friends. I liked that about Western countries. In Japan, New Years is the most important holiday for family. Xmas is the time when your boyfriend takes you out for a nice dinner, and then you go to a nice hotel to repay him.
she nian. February 10th.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#138979 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Is it a safe assumption then that you take the soft line on pedophilia and bestiality?
Nice fundie two-step!! You avoided his question like a pro!

What does the bible say about pedophilia?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#138980 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm a GIRL!!!!!!!!!! u want proof, huh, huh? i am the f*cking proof!!!!!!
LOL! I guess I am not the only one!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#138981 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
there's no evidence to show there isn't a God!
u're just a meany then!:(
Actually, there is plenty of proof that there is no god, at least the ones that have been written about. Their writings contain the proof.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#138982 Nov 19, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He's also smelly.
I saw something matted in his hair.
I think he found some more diapers in the landfill.
That's his - "Hair poomade".
Thinking

Andover, UK

#138983 Nov 19, 2012
?

I've got a US friend who will host us this Thursday and we'll also have a great christmas unsullied by any of that churchy nonsense.

I've got no problem saying "Merry christmas" to anyone. It's "Happy holidays" that grates on me.
Eagle12 wrote:
Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days and Christmas not that far behind. Also the Jewish Holidays are around the corner.
I assume most atheist participate in the Christmas Holidays even if they donít believe in Christ. Parties, friends, loved ones, oh the little munchkins running and playing. A time to exchange gifts and the hugs & kisses and hot coffee, coco, or what ever warms the soul.
If itís not asking too much, try not to be Mr. Scrooge this Christmas. You wonít crack and break into a million pieces if you say,ďMerry Christmas.Ē Youíll be going by that Salvation Army Kettle. Donít drop in a measly quarter. Stuff at least two or three dollars in.
If your community is having a food drive during the holidays, let go of a few cans for some family that has little to nothing. Some work sites adopt families for Christmas. Think about giving to someone who is less fortunate than yourself.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#138984 Nov 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
she nian. February 10th.
Nice.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#138985 Nov 19, 2012
Thinking wrote:
?
I've got a US friend who will host us this Thursday and we'll also have a great christmas unsullied by any of that churchy nonsense.
I've got no problem saying "Merry christmas" to anyone. It's "Happy holidays" that grates on me.
<quoted text>
Tough luck in that first test, mate.

What says you about the rugby? 1)Why on earth did you guys spoil all those kickable penalties, and 2) What in the hell is with the purple strip?

#138986 Nov 19, 2012
I posted this before.

Simply staggering:

Location hidden

#138987 Nov 19, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
I'll miss it. I have to go back to the U.S. tomorrow. Culture shock, again.

#138988 Nov 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
she nian. February 10th.
Also, the birthday of Double Fine

Location hidden

#138989 Nov 19, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, the birthday of Double Fine
Year of the snake.

I hear DF has a large snake.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#138990 Nov 19, 2012
Only saw the F1 so can't comment, had a very social weekend.
Well done Lewis, shame he's off to Mercedes. Maybe they'll have a good car in 2014 when the regs change...
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough luck in that first test, mate.
What says you about the rugby? 1)Why on earth did you guys spoil all those kickable penalties, and 2) What in the hell is with the purple strip?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#138991 Nov 19, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days and Christmas not that far behind. Also the Jewish Holidays are around the corner.
I assume most atheist participate in the Christmas Holidays even if they donít believe in Christ. Parties, friends, loved ones, oh the little munchkins running and playing. A time to exchange gifts and the hugs & kisses and hot coffee, coco, or what ever warms the soul.
If itís not asking too much, try not to be Mr. Scrooge this Christmas. You wonít crack and break into a million pieces if you say,ďMerry Christmas.Ē Youíll be going by that Salvation Army Kettle. Donít drop in a measly quarter. Stuff at least two or three dollars in.
If your community is having a food drive during the holidays, let go of a few cans for some family that has little to nothing. Some work sites adopt families for Christmas. Think about giving to someone who is less fortunate than yourself.
I give all year round. I don't require a special time of the year to give.

I love christmas! It is one of the best pagan rituals we follow!

You know the routine:

Evergreens in the house = pagan.

Celebrating the Winter Solstice = pagan

So on and so forth...

Xmas has been a secular holiday for a long time and it has never been christian.

#138992 Nov 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Year of the snake.
Double Fine was born in 1986 - Year of the Dragon :)
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear DF has a large snake.
Your sources are very accurate, indeed

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#138993 Nov 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll miss it. I have to go back to the U.S. tomorrow. Culture shock, again.
Just in time for the hefty Reindeer Jesus and his 12 elf disciples.

#138994 Nov 19, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Only saw the F1 so can't comment, had a very social weekend.
Well done Lewis, shame he's off to Mercedes. Maybe they'll have a good car in 2014 when the regs change...
<quoted text>
We are set up for a thriling climax. I have a soft spot for Alonso - the guy that dethroned King Schumacher will always have my support.

You didn't watch the rugby? Missed a number of good games. New Zealand's second team found going surprisingly tough against Italy, Ireland destroyed Fiji, Scotland rallied from 18 points down to give the Boks a scare, Australia inched out the English, France had too many guns for Argentina, and Samoa beat Wales in Cardiff, my choice for game of the weekend.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#138995 Nov 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I give all year round. I don't require a special time of the year to give.
I love christmas! It is one of the best pagan rituals we follow!
You know the routine:
Evergreens in the house = pagan.
Celebrating the Winter Solstice = pagan
So on and so forth...
Xmas has been a secular holiday for a long time and it has never been christian.

That isn't pagan. Transcended borders.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#138996 Nov 19, 2012

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#138997 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
None. We are are all instruments of a greater will.
It may not have been the intention from the beginning to have Topix developed, but rather as an adaption to things that have developed. A deity can roll dice if one chooses to do so. It is not obligated to have a pre-determined outcome of its creations. It may very well have ultimate control over the destiny of those creations, but it may just very well enjoy surprises. How many times have you wound up a toy to see what it does, and it was up to you whether you kept it falling off the table top or not?
It is YOUR assumption creations are made for a serious purpose.
Someone mentioned mouse traps last night. The best mouse traps are glue traps. Put a little bait on the glue, and pick up at your leisure later. A mouse can see another stuck and will get stuck doing the same thing. Neat thing about bait, the vermin come to it.
If it is omniscient then it's all been predetermined already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 34 min _Bad Company 141
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 50 min woodtick57 2,410
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 56 min thetruth 34
God' existence 59 min thetruth 67
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr thetruth 142
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web