Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#138940 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, here you are filled with hate and bigotry, and in your gay denial. If troll is all you got, then your parents really did a bad number on you. If you smell like a gay, walk like a gay, prance around with gays, then you are gay.
Ok.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#138945 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>If you smell like a gay, walk like a gay, prance around with gays, then you are gay.
You are?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138952 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>When you can post in English, then you might have something. What is "front having the strength" and "non" when it should be none, and 'thought' when you should have said though.
I am simply laughing because your demon dad, satan, has tried this so many times, using you, but as you admit, he keeps failing. Is it as if you think that you matter.
This is your reality, your anger and self hatred is your issue and if you think that we are supposed to go into that deep abyss with you, then you read the wrong comic book.
Now, you can continue with the joy that must be your life. Have you ever just thought that God was having a party, by special invitation only and you just were not invited?
Until you have evidence of Satan, then he is no different from your demon God, nothing but a myth. But since you refuse to recognize your aliment, delusional disorder, then you must believe what your holy book tells you. In this book that you put so much trust in, it clearly states that God murdered little babies and destroyed unborn fetuses. Do you at least acknowledge that this is true? I know you can't deny it, I will simple post the sections were it is so stated. So by not addressing the issue you acknowledge that it is true, and you simply have no argument. You willingly accept the fact that the God you worship, the all loving, caring, compassionate, and just God, is also a murdering psychopath. Cool!!!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138953 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>When you can post in English, then you might have something. What is "front having the strength" and "non" when it should be none, and 'thought' when you should have said though.
I am simply laughing because your demon dad, satan, has tried this so many times, using you, but as you admit, he keeps failing. Is it as if you think that you matter.
This is your reality, your anger and self hatred is your issue and if you think that we are supposed to go into that deep abyss with you, then you read the wrong comic book.
Now, you can continue with the joy that must be your life. Have you ever just thought that God was having a party, by special invitation only and you just were not invited?
So at this party I wasn't invited to, does God use the slaves he endorses in the bible to serve you all? Boy that must really hurt when they drive that awl through their ears. Whats on the menu, roasted babies?

Location hidden

#138954 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Keep enjoying being gay and your self hatred. It is not a good life to live, but it is yours.
:)

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138955 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Poor Hiding, it hiding out as creepy Tam. TA..
Is my wittle boi toopid? Yes he EEEiis.

Was there any doubt?

Nope.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138956 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>if you had red even one chapter of the Bible, the first one, then you would not have such an erroneous understanding of freewill. Doing something does not mean that you have the freewill to do that. Here is an example, wives do not have the freewill in the confines of marriage to have sex with other people. So, doing such is a violation and destruction of the marriage promise.
Get a little education, then try to discuss something or else keep your attention on little mind's like River Tam and Tide with Beach.
Try posting in English, it might help people better understand your point, what is "If you had RED even on chapter." RED is a color, are you confused?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138957 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one stuck with being gay, trapped huh?....choices oh choices!!!
My wittle boi is afwaid to come out of hims wittle cwoset. It's scarwy out there. Yes it EEEiis.

Keep hiding wittle boi.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#138958 Nov 18, 2012
My my my you sure are focused on gay men. Who was the gay guy that broke your heart? Go ahead talk about it, you'll feel better.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Keep enjoying being gay and your self hatred. It is not a good life to live, but it is yours.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#138959 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't pretend there was hatred toward me. I'm not gay. Enjoy your life of hatred, troll.
I don't think she enjoys life. I think she hates herself.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138960 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text> The diapers I understand, you gay men are stuck will wearing diapers all your life.
What?

You get happy fingers when you think of gay men, right?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#138961 Nov 18, 2012
(to mirror)
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, here you are filled with hate and bigotry, and in your gay denial. If troll is all you got, then your parents really did a bad number on you. If you smell like a gay, walk like a gay, prance around with gays, then you are gay.
Patty, this new avatar suits you well. It perfectly displays your miserable morality, terrible writing ability and embarrassingly low intelligence.

Well done!

United States

#138962 Nov 18, 2012
He is stuck in the closet no doubt. He should just go to a gay bar, take home 13 friends and just get it over with already.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My wittle boi is afwaid to come out of hims wittle cwoset. It's scarwy out there. Yes it EEEiis.
Keep hiding wittle boi.

Location hidden

#138965 Nov 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she enjoys life. I think she hates herself.
Yeah. It is a strange creature. So this is the fabled pattie?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138968 Nov 18, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
He is stuck in the closet no doubt. He should just go to a gay bar, take home 13 friends and just get it over with already.
<quoted text>
He has. Of that there is no doubt. He feels guilty.

Ted Haggard may not approve.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#138969 Nov 18, 2012
Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days and Christmas not that far behind. Also the Jewish Holidays are around the corner.

I assume most atheist participate in the Christmas Holidays even if they donít believe in Christ. Parties, friends, loved ones, oh the little munchkins running and playing. A time to exchange gifts and the hugs & kisses and hot coffee, coco, or what ever warms the soul.

If itís not asking too much, try not to be Mr. Scrooge this Christmas. You wonít crack and break into a million pieces if you say,ďMerry Christmas.Ē Youíll be going by that Salvation Army Kettle. Donít drop in a measly quarter. Stuff at least two or three dollars in.

If your community is having a food drive during the holidays, let go of a few cans for some family that has little to nothing. Some work sites adopt families for Christmas. Think about giving to someone who is less fortunate than yourself.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138970 Nov 18, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days and Christmas not that far behind. Also the Jewish Holidays are around the corner.
I assume most atheist participate in the Christmas Holidays even if they donít believe in Christ. Parties, friends, loved ones, oh the little munchkins running and playing. A time to exchange gifts and the hugs & kisses and hot coffee, coco, or what ever warms the soul.
If itís not asking too much, try not to be Mr. Scrooge this Christmas. You wonít crack and break into a million pieces if you say,ďMerry Christmas.Ē Youíll be going by that Salvation Army Kettle. Donít drop in a measly quarter. Stuff at least two or three dollars in.
If your community is having a food drive during the holidays, let go of a few cans for some family that has little to nothing. Some work sites adopt families for Christmas. Think about giving to someone who is less fortunate than yourself.
Pagan rituals are cool, right?

United States

#138971 Nov 18, 2012
Hell ya! Those pagans knew how to celebrate I'll give them that. In fact I think we should get the old Mithraism religion going again just so we could sue the Christians for billions on copyright infringement for Christmas alone.

Son of God, the Lamb, the way, eating bread and wine as the savior's flesh as blood, saints, sacraments, the cross and more will be follow up lawsuits.

We'll be trillionaires and own the Vatican (aka the worlds largest club for gay men) and every church across the world by 2015.

:)
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pagan rituals are cool, right?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#138972 Nov 18, 2012
Dumb.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>That I don't get. If an atheists wants an example of a Christian, then that example is Christ and Christ alone.
If you see me drunk, then you see me in sin.
If you see me in adultery, then you see me in sin.
If you see me in fornication, then you see me in sin.
If you see me stealing, then you see me in sin.
What I do not get to do, is change God's word so as to omit my sins. Don't ask me how I live, but how I am supposed to live.
That said, a Christian should never intend to live his or her life so as not to be distinguished from the unbeliever and sinner. If God every sends a lightning bolt to strike a bar, it see all wearing the same clothing.
Gosh, I don't get it, why try to fool God and pretend that the chapters you don't approve of really are not even in the Bible, when in fact God intended them to be there.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#138973 Nov 18, 2012
Good post - intelligent design just isn't intelligent.
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there's no evidence to back up that claim.
Look, I hold to the fact that people are allowed to have their own beliefs, but not their own facts. Plenty of people I hang out with believe that something somewhere set evolution in motion and thus in a way created us.
I can't disprove the deist position on the origin of the universe. It is possible that some kind of godly entity interfered a very long time ago and set evolution in motion. I find it highly unlikely, but I can't rule it out.
But there are some things about life on Earth we know for a fact. We know the Earth is more than 10.000 years old. We know different species evolved over the course of millions of years. We know the world wasn't created in 6 days.
These are facts.
Just like the fact that the grass is green.
Of course you can stand there and tell me the grass is pink and god created the earth in 6 days, but then I do get to point out that you're wrong.
<quoted text>
Creationism to me became an issue when christians tried to pretend it was science.
It isn't. Never was, never will be.
Faith and science should be kept apart and as long as creationist want to teach intelligent design in science classes I will b*tch about it.
Religious education does NOT belong in biology lessons.
Other than that I tolerate plenty of irrational beliefs, including one of my friends' belief that he has a magic pair of socks that helped him pass his exams.
It's not like I hate everyone that believes in a supernatural entity, but all too often religious people start talking to atheists just to tell them science is wrong, they're going to burn in hell and religious people are much nicer and cooler than atheists will ever be.
You'll understand if we get a little defensive, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 3 min _Bad Company 671
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 min Eman 22,916
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 31 min Andre 463
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 36 min Thinking 2
Is Religion Childish? 1 hr Thinking 2
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr NightSerf 146
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 21 hr TheHeadlines 139

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE