Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,678)

Showing posts 133,541 - 133,560 of222,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12.....
.....YES mean dat you 'were' beating your parents.
.....NO means dat you 'are' beating your parents.
Ps:....Catch 22.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
OMG I GOT THAT!!!! that's why i said stupid question and didn't answer it first time!! OMG!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12......
.....Your calling yourself a 'bitch' sounds much worser.
Ps:...Yes. Worser.
Notice how da udder schidt-for-brains have shutUP. And dey say dey don't readUP on BobLoblah's postings. LIARS all. Yes!!!
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
but bitch is female dog, i find that cute! oh dear i'm crazy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....But you must standUp for your morals and Ideals.
Ps:....Would you give your life for the UK if the UK went to war???
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
i would't give my life for any country if i thought it was wrong! if another country attacks england then i would fight, i'm sikh so i have warrior blood in my somewhere, but if england said lets go and kill people in france, then no, i'm going to say england is wrong, you can't kill innocent people!!!

i'm a sikh (human-being) before i'm british or indian or whatever u want to call me! I'm not going to support england if it becomes like nazi germany!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bastard" gets used a lot to convey pity. It's not always a mean thing to say.
For example, if someone lost all his money at the poker tables, you might say, "Oh, you poor greedy bastard. Lost all your money again?"
Oh! thanks!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Keep Santa in 'reserve'.
Ps:....You don't have BobLoblah. Quite yet.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You just made a very big mistake! hehehehehheheeeeeeeeeeeee

it's too early for christmas shopping yet, i'll start when dec comes! but i am going to buy a santa hat, that i saw in the shops!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

oh shit, i got work placement in morning, it's bloody 3.31am, why do i forget the time when i'm on here?

Ok BobLoblah, nite-nite! sweet cutie dreams!:-)

nite guys! X

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
The Creator of all things has provided Topix as a zoo to observe animals in the wild, so to speak. In this case a place for Topix atheists to come out of the shadow.
Cool. You're not going to throw feces again, are you?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
i thought u were straight!
What gave you that idea?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Clementia wrote:
there's no evidence to show there isn't a God!
There's no evidence to show that the entire Universe *wasn't* created Last Thursday (with all of us created with fake memories), but I would hope that you would consider such a belief to be irrational.

That's why beliefs need to have a rational justification. The burden of proof is on the person who has the belief, not on the person who points out that the belief isn't supported by any objective evidence.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

The difference being, of course, that Christians are supposed to love their neighbor. Atheists are under no such obligation, and therefore, unlike Christians, aren't acting like hypocrites when they don't.
Guess you missed that.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
Says who? I suggest you read who God tells us to be neighbors with.
Everyone. Unless you've invented your own Bible.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
The Son of man shall send forth his angels
So you're claiming to be an angel now?

Good luck with that career choice.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Clementia wrote:
Sorry Drew! I wasn't being serious when i called u a bigot.
No problem.

But I *was* being serious when I called your religious belief irrational.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Can't you just feel that Christian love?
Just Results wrote:
I'm glad your fear allowed me to make you angry again.
Since I was neither afraid nor angry, I have no idea who you think you're addressing.

Project much?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is your issue and your parents raised you. My laughter is the defense against your ignorance, and hell is your reward. If hell and my laughter do not bother you, then the defense is done. Now, go play games with toys in parks.
Yeah, that what I thought, ya got NOTHIN!! I think your demon God is upset with you front having the strength of your own convictions. I can't tell you how many times I've posed this question, and to how many Christians, and non, have had an answer. It's almost as thought you realize the evil done and can't come to grips with it so yo ignore it. What cowardly Christians you all are, too funny. LMAOAROTF

Ok now, you can go back to your childish conversation about Batman!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

A double, just incase you missed being called a coward!!!

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

There's no evidence to show that the entire Universe *wasn't* created Last Thursday (with all of us created with fake memories), but I would hope that you would consider such a belief to be irrational.

That's why beliefs need to have a rational justification. The burden of proof is on the person who has the belief, not on the person who points out that the belief isn't supported by any objective evidence.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
NO, the burden of proof is on the one who sets the standard.
No. Otherwise, you're engaged in an "Appeal to Popular Belief" logical fallacy.

The burden of proof is on the one who is making the existential claim. In this case, the claim is that a god exists. So the burden of proof necessarily falls upon the theist, not upon the atheist.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
So, if you suggest that the entire universe does not have evidence of being created last Thursday, and you have a fake memory then two things follow. One, you do not know if your fake memory was just created a second ago and the universe was created today and two, you have no idea or evidence to support the universe evolving 11 billion years ago.
Again, if there is no evidence to support a Last Thursday creation, then it is irrational to have a belief that the Universe was created Last Thursday.

Meanwhile, there *is* evidence that the Universe dates back to nearly 14 billion years ago (I have no idea where you got the 11 billion year value from).

And there is still no evidence that a supernatural skydaddy magically "poofed" everything into existence in a 6-day period.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
There is no rational justification for a belief that the universe just expanded from nothing into the universe 11 billion years.
The Big Bang theory doesn't claim that the Universe expanded from "nothing", so you're engaged in a straw man argument.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
With singularities, gravitational variations in time, quantum mechanics, the theory of relativity at risk, a Jurassic rat being alleged as humans oldest mammal ancestor 190 million years ago and Sebida being discovered as alleged to be 2 million years old, you are dealing with your beliefs and not facts.
None of that is evidence for a "god". I'll assume you meant Australopithecus sediba (not "Sebida"). In any event, we don't know yet whether A. sediba is an ancestor to modern humans or another branch, but neither option seems to make a point for you. So what is your point?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Since I was neither afraid nor angry, I have no idea who you think you're addressing.
Project much?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
Perception is projection, so consider since you are projecting anger then you must be afraid.
And the evidence that I am "projecting anger" is what, exactly?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Hey sweetie, I forgot to tell you.
Hey Creepy, I forgot to tell you. You're creepy.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>No, gays do that
You do?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
You might want to try reading the Bible, instead of listening to this person who calls herself "everyone".
I didn't say that I was listening to anyone called "everyone". I said that, according to most versions of the Bible, Christians are supposed to *love* everyone, and yet the Christians on this thread are hardly acting in a "loving" manner by their choice of language.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
clearly it was the atheists who did not believe, in the Bible, who were flushed in the flood
You mean that worldwide flood for which there is a complete lack of scientific evidence?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
The word of God and scripture was written long before anyone had a chance to be a Christian.
Weird that a god wouldn't give all of his "children" the same option to be Christian. I guess he doesn't believe in fairness, eh?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
angels do not have freewill, so I would be worse all being here and acting on a freewill which God did not give me. The 1/3 angels tried that
If angels don't have free will, then you must be claiming that your god *forced* them to rebel and then punished them for what he forced them to do. Gee, he's just a wealth of fairness, ain't he?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
the Bible is a wonderful book, try reading it, if you are going to try to misquote it.
Read it. I wasn't impressed. And I didn't misquote it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>:) Sad. Actually, you do care about what the Bible says. It was you who tried to make a poor and lame analysis using shellfish. That is because you wished to make a point using shellfish.
If you wish to talk about mouth things like eating pork, eating lots of sugar, eating shellfish, eating rats, eating dogs, or even inhaling nicotine, the be sure to talk about mouth things when you talk about mouth things.
Sorry, if you are upset because you whining childish game did not work, also please don't announce that you are done, just be done.
Now, if you wish to talk about sexual sins, that is covered in Leviticus 18, and those are homosexuality, pedophilia, incest, bestiality and necrophilia. You have no idea what my position is on eating shellfish, so why are you lying. You already said that it did not matter, so what is your problem?
The way you post is like, you trying to discuss science in a math class. Don't do that.
No, I hope that one day you realize that your lack of faith is too weak to manipulate. Until then, you doing not have the moral material to define faith.
Sorry, fella, you wanted a bash session and to pretend that all the world hates gays and that is not true.
Gays have the right to choose to oppose same sex marriage, get therapy and to choose Christianity over homosexuality.
As for you, it is your right to choose whatever path you choose, and not to be surprised at the end result.
It is just not going to work, when you try to inject shellfish, get upset, then pretend that there was hatred towards you. The days of gay pity parties are over, and the days where you tell the world that the streets of America are not safe for gays are over too.
Try another tactic, this one of yours is not working.
God is here to bless all and all shall profess Him as Lord. That is fact.
<smile>....<God made away for you>
I didn't pretend there was hatred toward me. I'm not gay. Enjoy your life of hatred, troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 133,541 - 133,560 of222,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Texas 21,326
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 15
Introducing The Universal Religion 5 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 14 hr Buck Crick 324
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 15 hr Mikko 1,274
The Ultimate Evidence of God Jul 7 Ben_Masada 18
•••
•••