Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
133,461 - 133,480 of 225,655 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s tories/U/US_NUDITY_BAN?SITE=FL TAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPL ATE=
This shows up after I posted that link about San Francisco.
Preach! Dave, what, oh what do we do? What do we, your loyal Magnetitos, do in the face of this gay menace of flapping testicles and blindingly pale perineums?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wants your magnets.
He's building a thingy.
19Nov12.....

.....So, as you can see Clementia

Ps:....This 'didwVitBleach' is a dirty old man wit NO shame.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12.....
.....ListenUP there now.
Ps:.....Keep dis up and you are entering the 'verge' of entering da schidt-for-brains club.
BobLoblah Rules.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
O'Doyle Rules!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, the first sign of godhood is the rejection of godhood. A truly humble man you are, dave. I would be proud to call you my god. Your followers shall wear wall outlets around their necks and they shall pray during lighting storms.
Thoust are experienced in the ways of godhood, and doth knoweth of these things?

If you have any complaints to make about how things are run, please look elsewhere.

I want no followers. I would trip over them, fall, and break my geriatric hip. I am just a simple technician.

And feeling a great need to go sheepy bye.

Good night.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case: believe away. I don't have all the answers and I think people that claim they do are kind of silly.
In my experience most of those people are theists.
I don't know enough about Sikhism to make any comments on your creation story really, but like I said people can believe pretty much whatever they want if they don't ignore basic facts or try to shove it down my throat.
<quoted text>
Quite right. And I'll support that as long as faith stays out of my government and judicial system. I think if you're going to interfere with those you should have some evidence that what you're saying has merit.
<quoted text>
They don't know you and they don't now me. If it makes them feel better to call me names or imply I'm a bad teacher they should go right ahead.
Besides, I am part of the firing squad occasionally so it's only fair the other side gets some shots in.
<quoted text>
"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Alice in Wonderland.
LOL!

This is what sikhi says about creation, we can have a guess but honestly we don't know, at the moment only God knows!

"What was that time, and what was that moment? What was that day, and what was that date?
What was that season, and what was that month, when the Universe was created?
The Pandits, the religious scholars, cannot find that time, even if it is written in the Puraanas.
That time is not known to the Qazis, who study the Koran.
The day and the date are not known to the Yogis, nor is the month or the season.
The Creator who created this creation-only He Himself knows."

The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived. Its limits here and beyond cannot be perceived. Many struggle to know His limits, but His limits cannot be found. No one can know these limits. The more you say about them, the more there still remains to be said." (SGGS p5)
"So many worlds beyond this world-so very many! What power holds them, and supports their weight?" (SGGS p3)
"All are in the One, and the One is in all. This is what the True Guru has shown me.(5). He who created the worlds, solar systems and galaxies - that God cannot be known.(6). From the lamp of God, the lamp within is lit; the Divine Light illuminates the three worlds.(7)." (SGGS p907)

"For so many ages, there was only pitch darkness; the Creator Lord was absorbed in the primal void." (SGGS p1023)
"For endless eons, there was only utter darkness. There was no earth or sky; there was only the infinite Command of His Hukam. There was no day or night, no moon or sun; God sat in primal, profound Samaadhi.(1) There were no sources of creation or powers of speech, no air or water. There was no creation or destruction, no coming or going. There were no continents, nether regions, seven seas, rivers or flowing water.(2)" (SGGS p1035)
"From this primal void, came the moon, the sun and the earth....From this primal void, the earth and the Akaashic Ethers were created....From this primal void, came the four sources of creation, and the power of speech....They were created from the void, and they will merge into the void....." (SGGS p1037)

i hope that helps u understand sikhi belief!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, you and my wife agree on something.:)
Smart women!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That spoilsport Supervisor Wiener.
Sounds like he got tired of being Weiner Supervisor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I beg *your* pardon.
huh?

i said i'm sorry!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
CALM DOWN, BLUMIN CALM DOWN!!!!
I wasn't angry with anyone, I was just sayin, that's all.
lol, Hindi is a language spoken by hindus. i'm a sikh and i speak punjabi but i can also speak hindi too.
The atheists I've met are bloody awesome!!!!!!
19Nov12.....

.....Would you open up your dictionary and define the word 'awesome'.

Ps:....So far, Nothing awesome has happened hereIN.

No need for BobLoblah to calm down. BobLoblah is always calm.

'Sides it's 'bloomin'....and you were Not 'just sayin'.....you seem to be sayin' things dat are far removed from 'just sayin'.

You said ALL Christians were picking on you.

BobLoblah says dat's bullschidt.

You just cannot take being told that you're fulla schidt.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect vegetarianism.
thank u very much, i feel so relieved that u respect my belief!:) lol
Loren Eberly

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Obama Health Care:

USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demands every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoust are experienced in the ways of godhood, and doth knoweth of these things?
If you have any complaints to make about how things are run, please look elsewhere.
I want no followers. I would trip over them, fall, and break my geriatric hip. I am just a simple technician.
And feeling a great need to go sheepy bye.
Good night.
And jesus was but a simple carpenter. The similarities are too great to ignore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
i only have freak magnets, what if he gets stuck to them?
what's he building? A spaceship????
19Nov12.....

.....ya wanna know what!!!!!

Ps:.....you are nothing more than 'jailBait'.....that 'tosses' guys around like candyBars.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....ListenUP there now.
Ps:.....Keep dis up and you are entering the 'verge' of entering da schidt-for-brains club.
BobLoblah Rules.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
hehehheee

did i scare ya?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the principle of the beating that doesn‘t make sense not the spelling of principal.
I spanked my kids on rare occasions when they were little but never beat the hell out of them. Neither did I take a tree limb to them, or a car fan belt, or a water hose or any other object.
What the hell was accomplished by beating children? I know at times you have to get tough with mischievous children but you don’t have to beat the hell out of them.
That generation born in the 30’s and 40’s had some hard core ruthless and heartless people. I guess every generation does but man they beat the hell out of kids.
I guess it's a good thing we don't follow the teaching of the bible when it comes to disciplining our children, otherwise we'd have stoned them to death. Now talk about heartless people. I guess since it came from your God we can conclude that he is ruthless and heartless. See how much we have progressed, from stoning misbehaving children to death, to mere beating with a fan belt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure what your post had to do with anything. But, since you brought up shellfish, then it had to do with your bigotry and hate. If you think that the Bible was intended to address only you gays, then I ask again, Do you take a soft line when it comes to pedophilia and bestiality?- I was only curious if you disagree with the Bible's condemnation of pedophilia and bestiality, since they are mentioned in the same chapter, three verses apart from homosexuality. I you disagree, then you would still be a bigot, but at least you would be a consistent bigot.
But I'm sure you don't, and that all your posturing about using the bible to the letter is really just your way of justifying your bigotry and deviancy.
Be gay, troll.
Is this your new strategy? Are you just gonna copy and paste what people say and slightly change the wording in an attempt to look clever? Your post doesn't even make any sense, you are trying to equate me bringing up shellfish with me being a bigot. It was a valid question. If you fall back on the bible to justify your bigotry, do you also follow the other condemnations the bible makes on things such as shellfish? Or do you only pick and choose to suit your taste?

What do my views on pedophila and beastiality have to do with anything? My views are completely independent of the bible, so their proximity to the bible's admonitions on shellfish and homosexuality don't matter to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not getting myself involved, they all enjoy it. let them play!
19Nov12.....

.....But you ARE involved....you called BobLoblah a bully.

Ps:....You are so 'underAged' in MIND to be in this Topic. You startUP something, and then you turnTail and RUN for cover.

Most Sikhs would NOT behave like that. Neither would MOST Christians.

You are fulla schidt to the eyeballs along with the rest of da udder schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Would you open up your dictionary and define the word 'awesome'.
Ps:....So far, Nothing awesome has happened hereIN.
No need for BobLoblah to calm down. BobLoblah is always calm.
'Sides it's 'bloomin'....and you were Not 'just sayin'.....you seem to be sayin' things dat are far removed from 'just sayin'.
You said ALL Christians were picking on you.
BobLoblah says dat's bullschidt.
You just cannot take being told that you're fulla schidt.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
lllllol!

stop getting jealous, i haven't forgotten u yet, my Bobby Lobby lah!!:)

no i say blumin, not blooooooooooomin! that's old, get with the times init, man!

in the 'real world' christians told me i'm going to hell if i don't convert!! and atheists i know in the 'real world' are awesome!!!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it's a good thing we don't follow the teaching of the bible when it comes to disciplining our children, otherwise we'd have stoned them to death. Now talk about heartless people. I guess since it came from your God we can conclude that he is ruthless and heartless. See how much we have progressed, from stoning misbehaving children to death, to mere beating with a fan belt.
Those goatherders did hit their children with fan belts.

That's what I've heard anyway.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right and it is like these atheists and there so-called Christian friends think it okay to attack God, Christ and the Bible.
I call some fake Christians, because they treat God and Christ as not real. If their parent, spouse of child were attacked, then they would be angry. But, I say to them, how is it that they as Christians can regard God and Christ as less.
Then why don't you defend your God thing and the bible? Are you so unsure of your beliefs you can't defend your demon God from us nasty old Atheists? Here's your chance, go for it Christard. Your God murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses!! Defend away!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr mannnu81 21,463
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 2 hr religionisillness 104
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr religionisillness 365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 2 hr religionisillness 44
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 2 hr religionisillness 84
If Christianity were true... 2 hr religionisillness 151
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr religionisillness 152

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••