Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
133,381 - 133,400 of 225,700 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Don't say you Christians. A lot of posters here are simply deist and not Christians. In fact, Christians may disagree with other Christians. If you believe in a deity, then you are not an atheist and since you follow a religion, your statement is likely that of the topic heading "Atheism requires as much faith as religion".
yh i got it!

i know i'm not an atheist!!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ahem. You're the theist coming to the atheist forum to troll so you get what you deserve.
Anyways what's the big deal? You are the one who not only believes in Yahweh/Jesus but you also worship him! And his book the holy bible says very clearly he loves the smell of burning flesh especially the burning flesh of little girls.
We clearly see this in the story of Jephtha where your god had two months to stop that little girl from being tied down and set on fire screaming. But he stayed silent and enjoyed the show.
After all he loves that burning flesh smell! No ambulance or attempt to heal/save/comfort Jephtha's daughter. Just a nice show and smell for the god you pray to.
Sweet dreams
:)
<quoted text>
We clearly see a lot more in the Bible than you do..... and this is a question about atheist's needing faith in a top stories forum about religion. Your faith is the belief of nothing and no after life; my Faith is totally different.

Just because I am a Christian does not mean you can try and write hurtful things without proving that you are cold hearted.

Sweet dreams also to you

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wants your magnets.
He's building a thingy.
i only have freak magnets, what if he gets stuck to them?

what's he building? A spaceship????

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your god not ours.
If I were to start writing horrid postings to people, would you make comment?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
something like what?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your god that is one sick being.
I challenge you to find a single atheist who would approve of roasting a child.
I challenge you to find a single Christian who would appreciate it; and I also challenge you to find a single Christian who would write cruel postings to others that had written about their little sister being burned to death.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Catcher is a bully. He attacks Dave Nelson and Eagle12 and that is his only purpose. Eagle 12 is an elderly gentleman, so Catcher's actions is like attacking your grandfather.
i'm not getting myself involved, they all enjoy it. let them play!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
In the past I lived in a couple of places with some neat zoos. Sunday morning would often find me and my family at the zoo, spending a good while just walking around and kind of communicating with the animals, or just being friendly observers. People tend to be sympathetic to the larger creatures confined, but then how else could you see and experience them.
Most in the viewing public would just regard them, while you always had those that try to get a reaction from them. Especially around the monkey cages. You can learn a lot about people by watching them around the animals.
The Creator of all things has provided Topix as a zoo to observe animals in the wild, so to speak. In this case a place for Topix atheists to come out of the shadows and screech. A place to manifest themselves to their fullest.
Fortunately, there are no dietary restrictions or social conventions to be followed in getting them to perform on here. Don't feel guilty giving them empty peanut shells. They would rather screech than eat.
Good point ~ we learn to know the person hiding behind the avatar..... they are as they are :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are correct. The problem with some of these people, though, is that they're all pooh. Wash, wash, wash awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~!
I definitely agree, although we are probably thinking of different people....

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

He claims to know what life will be like in heaven, without actually being there. Perhaps you missed that.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
No, I did not. You must have misread your own post.
My own post asked him a question about heaven, since he claimed to be knowledgable about it. So how, exactly, would I be misreading my own post?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
Eagle 12 is an elderly gentleman, so Catcher's actions is like attacking your grandfather.
So you're saying that elderly individuals should be above criticism here on Topix?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey don't generalize about generations.
In my family no parent ever struck a child.
I come from an educated, civilized family.
@Eagle...i don't think we should even spank kids, it's just not nice. We need to discipline them with love!!!

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
it is like these atheists and there so-called Christian friends think it okay to attack God, Christ and the Bible.
Would it be ok to attack Zeus or Thor?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, you should meant some more atheists. Like on the 'Prove there is a god" thread or even meet these same atheists over there.
When I first came to 'Top Stories' they were nice to me too. I soon found out that they were targeting a few female and harassing them and even stalking them offline.
They make it clear that if I followed along or ignore their actions, they would be cool with me.
Well, I am not like that, I do not put up with bullies, so I let them know. They made the mistake of attacking me, and now they are simply pissed because I post their harassing posts.
Have you ever been to the Bay of Bengal? We went there for our Honeymoon. I white sands were awesome. In fact, it was sort of like a couple's treat, well if you van call two couples a retreat.
I was talking about atheists i know in 'real life'. Honestly, i've never had to argue with an atheist, we always seem to get on. they don't force their veiw on me and i don't on them, so we all happy!!!

i'll try but it's always weird not talking to people face to face. you wouldn't act the same if u were talking to someone's face!

i'm hoping to go to bengal, coz my grandad lives their. i think i would go to a cold country for my honeymoon, bengal isn't the first place that comes to mind. is your wife from there, so that's why u went?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Scar agravate you?
And stop with the tree-chopping suggestions.
I'm a member of the Sierra Club and the California League of Conservation Voters.
Out of the world of fruits and nuts, and other forms of vegetation, their champion appears. You represent them well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be ok to attack Zeus or Thor?
NO! it's not. i love Thor!!! and Zeus is cool too!! Learn to respect the beliefs of others, u bigot!:)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
something like what?
The expression is a DaveNelsonism.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of the world of fruits and nuts, and other forms of vegetation, their champion appears. You represent them well.
Thank you.

You didn't answer my question though.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
here are all the answers,babe
www.google.com
Google all you want ~ there are no answers......... on these half baked animals and there are no answers on how something that lived in the sea turned into birds either, or butterflies, or anything.... Google away and if and when you find a link, post it and I'll follow it :)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
You didn't answer my question though.
It wasn't worthy of my effort.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 33 min NightSerf 369
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 35 min inbred Genius 115
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 36 min susanblange 293
If Christianity were true... 58 min Thinking 155
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Thinking 417
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr I can read 21,464
The Ultimate Evidence of God 13 hr religionisillness 44

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••