Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#138810 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>But seriously though.
i beg your pardon?

Location hidden

#138811 Nov 18, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah he is trying to hold creationists together in a zoo with magnets , so atheists can visit it and look at them.
LOL.

i'll let him have my freak magnets then, they'll defo work!!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#138812 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
i beg your pardon?
I beg *your* pardon.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#138813 Nov 18, 2012
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NUD...

This shows up after I posted that link about San Francisco.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#138814 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
yh i was joking, do u really think i would call him that from the bottom of my heart? nah! I WAS MESSIN!!!
i don't believe in any bad religious belief, all i believe in is 1 God, THAT'S IT!!!
U think with me being vegetarian, i'm happy seeing animal sacrifice?? but what can we do, people r sooooo stupid, they not going to change!
I get it, I got it ever since i read my GGS!!!
I respect vegetarianism.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#138815 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s tories/U/US_NUDITY_BAN?SITE=FL TAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPL ATE=
That spoilsport Supervisor Wiener.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#138816 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
respond? huh?
Catcher is really nice to me. You're the one that likes to bully me!! sort yourself out, before i sort you out!!:)
19Nov12.....

.....ListenUP there now.

Ps:.....Keep dis up and you are entering the 'verge' of entering da schidt-for-brains club.

BobLoblah Rules.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#138817 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s tories/U/US_NUDITY_BAN?SITE=FL TAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPL ATE=
Preach! Dave, what, oh what do we do? What do we, your loyal Magnetitos, do in the face of this gay menace of flapping testicles and blindingly pale perineums?

Location hidden

#138818 Nov 18, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wants your magnets.
He's building a thingy.
19Nov12.....

.....So, as you can see Clementia

Ps:....This 'didwVitBleach' is a dirty old man wit NO shame.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#138820 Nov 18, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12.....
.....ListenUP there now.
Ps:.....Keep dis up and you are entering the 'verge' of entering da schidt-for-brains club.
BobLoblah Rules.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
O'Doyle Rules!

Westcliffe, CO

#138821 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, the first sign of godhood is the rejection of godhood. A truly humble man you are, dave. I would be proud to call you my god. Your followers shall wear wall outlets around their necks and they shall pray during lighting storms.
Thoust are experienced in the ways of godhood, and doth knoweth of these things?

If you have any complaints to make about how things are run, please look elsewhere.

I want no followers. I would trip over them, fall, and break my geriatric hip. I am just a simple technician.

And feeling a great need to go sheepy bye.

Good night.

Location hidden

#138822 Nov 18, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case: believe away. I don't have all the answers and I think people that claim they do are kind of silly.
In my experience most of those people are theists.
I don't know enough about Sikhism to make any comments on your creation story really, but like I said people can believe pretty much whatever they want if they don't ignore basic facts or try to shove it down my throat.
<quoted text>
Quite right. And I'll support that as long as faith stays out of my government and judicial system. I think if you're going to interfere with those you should have some evidence that what you're saying has merit.
<quoted text>
They don't know you and they don't now me. If it makes them feel better to call me names or imply I'm a bad teacher they should go right ahead.
Besides, I am part of the firing squad occasionally so it's only fair the other side gets some shots in.
<quoted text>
"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Alice in Wonderland.
LOL!

This is what sikhi says about creation, we can have a guess but honestly we don't know, at the moment only God knows!

"What was that time, and what was that moment? What was that day, and what was that date?
What was that season, and what was that month, when the Universe was created?
The Pandits, the religious scholars, cannot find that time, even if it is written in the Puraanas.
That time is not known to the Qazis, who study the Koran.
The day and the date are not known to the Yogis, nor is the month or the season.
The Creator who created this creation-only He Himself knows."

The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived. Its limits here and beyond cannot be perceived. Many struggle to know His limits, but His limits cannot be found. No one can know these limits. The more you say about them, the more there still remains to be said." (SGGS p5)
"So many worlds beyond this world-so very many! What power holds them, and supports their weight?" (SGGS p3)
"All are in the One, and the One is in all. This is what the True Guru has shown me.(5). He who created the worlds, solar systems and galaxies - that God cannot be known.(6). From the lamp of God, the lamp within is lit; the Divine Light illuminates the three worlds.(7)." (SGGS p907)

"For so many ages, there was only pitch darkness; the Creator Lord was absorbed in the primal void." (SGGS p1023)
"For endless eons, there was only utter darkness. There was no earth or sky; there was only the infinite Command of His Hukam. There was no day or night, no moon or sun; God sat in primal, profound Samaadhi.(1) There were no sources of creation or powers of speech, no air or water. There was no creation or destruction, no coming or going. There were no continents, nether regions, seven seas, rivers or flowing water.(2)" (SGGS p1035)
"From this primal void, came the moon, the sun and the earth....From this primal void, the earth and the Akaashic Ethers were created....From this primal void, came the four sources of creation, and the power of speech....They were created from the void, and they will merge into the void....." (SGGS p1037)

i hope that helps u understand sikhi belief!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138823 Nov 18, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, you and my wife agree on something.:)
Smart women!!!

Westcliffe, CO

#138824 Nov 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That spoilsport Supervisor Wiener.
Sounds like he got tired of being Weiner Supervisor.

Location hidden

#138825 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I beg *your* pardon.
huh?

i said i'm sorry!!

Location hidden

#138826 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
CALM DOWN, BLUMIN CALM DOWN!!!!
I wasn't angry with anyone, I was just sayin, that's all.
lol, Hindi is a language spoken by hindus. i'm a sikh and i speak punjabi but i can also speak hindi too.
The atheists I've met are bloody awesome!!!!!!
19Nov12.....

.....Would you open up your dictionary and define the word 'awesome'.

Ps:....So far, Nothing awesome has happened hereIN.

No need for BobLoblah to calm down. BobLoblah is always calm.

'Sides it's 'bloomin'....and you were Not 'just sayin'.....you seem to be sayin' things dat are far removed from 'just sayin'.

You said ALL Christians were picking on you.

BobLoblah says dat's bullschidt.

You just cannot take being told that you're fulla schidt.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#138828 Nov 18, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect vegetarianism.
thank u very much, i feel so relieved that u respect my belief!:) lol
Loren Eberly

Bellefontaine, OH

#138829 Nov 18, 2012
Obama Health Care:

USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demands every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

Location hidden

#138830 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoust are experienced in the ways of godhood, and doth knoweth of these things?
If you have any complaints to make about how things are run, please look elsewhere.
I want no followers. I would trip over them, fall, and break my geriatric hip. I am just a simple technician.
And feeling a great need to go sheepy bye.
Good night.
And jesus was but a simple carpenter. The similarities are too great to ignore.

Location hidden

#138831 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
i only have freak magnets, what if he gets stuck to them?
what's he building? A spaceship????
19Nov12.....

.....ya wanna know what!!!!!

Ps:.....you are nothing more than 'jailBait'.....that 'tosses' guys around like candyBars.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min Denisova 18,848
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 17 hr Amused 25
News Confessions of a black atheist 17 hr thetruth 465
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Sun thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sun thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism Sat Koala_Gums 1,340
News Gary Gutting and Alvin Plantinga "Is Atheism Ir... Sat geezerjock 1
More from around the web