Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,669)

Showing posts 133,361 - 133,380 of222,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dogedog

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Divine Alien wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
i agaree when you pass from this world you will enter heaven and there you will be for all eternity you will worship our father in heaven god for he is worthy of our praise . and i know that i know there is absolutley god in heaven because i read the word i heard the word and i believe the word of god . people read your bible go to church and live a good wholesome crime free loving life and spread the word of god to all that will listen you never know when a word you say or a quote from your bible or a word that god himself whispers in you ear will touch the heart of a sinner and they will ask gods forgivness and be a new person he can take the most evil person and use them to spread his word and the love of our savior . god so loved this world he gave his only begotten son how much more should he do to save your soul that you can enter the kingdom of god and escape the wrath of god which will be hell for eternity burning but never consumed that is a horrible way to go when all you need to do is ask god to forgive you of your sins that people is a fact and you can argue all you want but it will come to pass when god gets ready he will tell gabriel to blow the trumpet and the sound will be so loud it will wake the dead and we will all stand before god and give account of our lives good or bad we shall be rewarded according to our works here on earth .... end of sermon take what you will from it i was obligated to give it because i am a born again christian doing the work of god ... i will defend him against all athiest please pay attention to what i have said test it for yourself dont take my word find out the truth then you will feel the same way i do i give all praise and glory to god !!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have some pretty detailed and vivid memories concerning this, Dave.
Tell me, Dave, just how many times have you visited the site, and how many times have you watched the vids?
I viewed it once before posting it, Scaredy.

You did not observe those things viewing it? Very hard to miss.

You have some serious observational issues. Perhaps you should re-evaluate the world about you, because it appears you have missed a lot.

Little boy, by now you should surely know that you are not going to freak me out with your with your little accusing others of being gay crap. You have too many personal issues for anyone to take your morality serious.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

dogedog wrote:
<quoted text> i agaree when you pass from this world you will enter heaven and there you will be for all eternity you will worship our father in heaven god for he is worthy of our praise . and i know that i know there is absolutley god in heaven because i read the word i heard the word and i believe the word of god . people read your bible go to church and live a good wholesome crime free loving life and spread the word of god to all that will listen you never know when a word you say or a quote from your bible or a word that god himself whispers in you ear will touch the heart of a sinner and they will ask gods forgivness and be a new person he can take the most evil person and use them to spread his word and the love of our savior . god so loved this world he gave his only begotten son how much more should he do to save your soul that you can enter the kingdom of god and escape the wrath of god which will be hell for eternity burning but never consumed that is a horrible way to go when all you need to do is ask god to forgive you of your sins that people is a fact and you can argue all you want but it will come to pass when god gets ready he will tell gabriel to blow the trumpet and the sound will be so loud it will wake the dead and we will all stand before god and give account of our lives good or bad we shall be rewarded according to our works here on earth .... end of sermon take what you will from it i was obligated to give it because i am a born again christian doing the work of god ... i will defend him against all athiest please pay attention to what i have said test it for yourself dont take my word find out the truth then you will feel the same way i do i give all praise and glory to god !!!!
Do they have paragraphs in heaven?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I viewed it once before posting it, Scaredy.
You did not observe those things viewing it? Very hard to miss.
You have some serious observational issues. Perhaps you should re-evaluate the world about you, because it appears you have missed a lot.
Little boy, by now you should surely know that you are not going to freak me out with your with your little accusing others of being gay crap. You have too many personal issues for anyone to take your morality serious.
LULZ... You're so touchy.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>You are above most of them, so do not deter. I see that you have hovered over Catcher aka Happy Lesbo and not allowed yourself to be pushed around by Hiding. Good for you.
God Bless.
Thank you but I do need to do better. With a new year coming up I shall try to turn over a new leaf.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Do they have paragraphs in heaven?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
Which is a dumb question, unless you are assuming that he is posting from heaven.
He claims to know what life will be like in heaven, without actually being there. Perhaps you missed that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
LULZ... You're so touchy.
And your purpose in life is to gratuitously aggravate the shit out of people. Must make you feel very special.

Go chop a tree down. That you can do successfully. You are a higher order of vegetation.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Principles don't beat anybody's ass.
Very revealing though.
It's the principle of the beating that doesn‘t make sense not the spelling of principal.

I spanked my kids on rare occasions when they were little but never beat the hell out of them. Neither did I take a tree limb to them, or a car fan belt, or a water hose or any other object.

What the hell was accomplished by beating children? I know at times you have to get tough with mischievous children but you don’t have to beat the hell out of them.

That generation born in the 30’s and 40’s had some hard core ruthless and heartless people. I guess every generation does but man they beat the hell out of kids.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

turkey wrote:
<quoted text> I hear chickens in the background
I do too, lol. They're fighting over chicken feed.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the principle of the beating that doesn‘t make sense not the spelling of principal.
I spanked my kids on rare occasions when they were little but never beat the hell out of them. Neither did I take a tree limb to them, or a car fan belt, or a water hose or any other object.
What the hell was accomplished by beating children? I know at times you have to get tough with mischievous children but you don’t have to beat the hell out of them.
That generation born in the 30’s and 40’s had some hard core ruthless and heartless people. I guess every generation does but man they beat the hell out of kids.
Hey don't generalize about generations.

In my family no parent ever struck a child.

I come from an educated, civilized family.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And your purpose in life is to gratuitously aggravate the shit out of people. Must make you feel very special.
Go chop a tree down. That you can do successfully. You are a higher order of vegetation.
Don't be angry, Dave.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you but I do need to do better. With a new year coming up I shall try to turn over a new leaf.
Why wait?

Do you need New Years Power to overcome this hurdle?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey don't generalize about generations.
In my family no parent ever struck a child.
I come from an educated, civilized family.
Let me repeat my last statement.

“That generation born in the 30’s and 40’s had some hard core ruthless and heartless people. I guess every generation does but man they beat the hell out of kids.”

Notice the words,“had some hard core.” That hardly says everyone now does it?

You were blessed that you didn’t get the living tar beat out of you everyday. My wife and I made a pact when we got married that we would never hit our kids in the face or head. And we abided by the pact.

Children are not to be beaten but loved. And children can be corrected without ruthlessness.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Scar agravate you?

And stop with the tree-chopping suggestions.

I'm a member of the Sierra Club and the California League of Conservation Voters.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a wise young woman.
what do u want?

lol, if u think so!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me repeat my last statement.
“That generation born in the 30’s and 40’s had some hard core ruthless and heartless people. I guess every generation does but man they beat the hell out of kids.”
Notice the words,“had some hard core.” That hardly says everyone now does it?
You were blessed that you didn’t get the living tar beat out of you everyday. My wife and I made a pact when we got married that we would never hit our kids in the face or head. And we abided by the pact.
Children are not to be beaten but loved. And children can be corrected without ruthlessness.
I didn't say "everyone."

I just said you shouldn't generalize about generations.

Nor was I "blessed" that I wasn't beaten daily. That's a felony you know, and you suggest it's normal behavior?

OMG, before you even HAD children, you and your wife were discussing where and how you would hit them? That's really bizarre, man (and I use the term charitably).

I have bad news for you: You may be going to hell when you reach the end of the trail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12.....
.....but, but 'catcherSnatcher' is waiting for you to respond.
Ps:....he and the udder eeejits...lurks for young things like you. Just watch out.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
respond? huh?

Catcher is really nice to me. You're the one that likes to bully me!! sort yourself out, before i sort you out!!:)

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
what do u want?
lol, if u think so!
Dave wants your magnets.

He's building a thingy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12.....
STOP speaking in 'generalities'...
.....Do NOT 'blame' ALL Christians for the 'handful' dat have picked on you.
Ps:.....If that's your modus Operandi...den BobLoblah should dink that ALL Hindi are despicable tooooooooooo. Yes!!!
...and by da vey, there are some 'good' hAtheists toooo, but few and far between hereIN.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
CALM DOWN, BLUMIN CALM DOWN!!!!

I wasn't angry with anyone, I was just sayin, that's all.

lol, Hindi is a language spoken by hindus. i'm a sikh and i speak punjabi but i can also speak hindi too.

The atheists I've met are bloody awesome!!!!!!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wants your magnets.
He's building a thingy.
Or something like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 133,361 - 133,380 of222,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Texas 21,326
Our world came from nothing? 6 hr Patrick 15
Introducing The Universal Religion 8 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 17 hr Buck Crick 324
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 18 hr Mikko 1,274
The Ultimate Evidence of God Jul 7 Ben_Masada 18
•••
•••