Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239881 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#138709 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And your purpose in life is to gratuitously aggravate the shit out of people. Must make you feel very special.
Go chop a tree down. That you can do successfully. You are a higher order of vegetation.
How did Scar agravate you?

And stop with the tree-chopping suggestions.

I'm a member of the Sierra Club and the California League of Conservation Voters.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#138710 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a wise young woman.
what do u want?

lol, if u think so!

Long Beach, CA

#138711 Nov 18, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me repeat my last statement.
“That generation born in the 30’s and 40’s had some hard core ruthless and heartless people. I guess every generation does but man they beat the hell out of kids.”
Notice the words,“had some hard core.” That hardly says everyone now does it?
You were blessed that you didn’t get the living tar beat out of you everyday. My wife and I made a pact when we got married that we would never hit our kids in the face or head. And we abided by the pact.
Children are not to be beaten but loved. And children can be corrected without ruthlessness.
I didn't say "everyone."

I just said you shouldn't generalize about generations.

Nor was I "blessed" that I wasn't beaten daily. That's a felony you know, and you suggest it's normal behavior?

OMG, before you even HAD children, you and your wife were discussing where and how you would hit them? That's really bizarre, man (and I use the term charitably).

I have bad news for you: You may be going to hell when you reach the end of the trail.

Location hidden

#138712 Nov 18, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12.....
.....but, but 'catcherSnatcher' is waiting for you to respond.
Ps:....he and the udder eeejits...lurks for young things like you. Just watch out.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
respond? huh?

Catcher is really nice to me. You're the one that likes to bully me!! sort yourself out, before i sort you out!!:)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#138713 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
what do u want?
lol, if u think so!
Dave wants your magnets.

He's building a thingy.

Location hidden

#138717 Nov 18, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12.....
STOP speaking in 'generalities'...
.....Do NOT 'blame' ALL Christians for the 'handful' dat have picked on you.
Ps:.....If that's your modus Operandi...den BobLoblah should dink that ALL Hindi are despicable tooooooooooo. Yes!!!
...and by da vey, there are some 'good' hAtheists toooo, but few and far between hereIN.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
CALM DOWN, BLUMIN CALM DOWN!!!!

I wasn't angry with anyone, I was just sayin, that's all.

lol, Hindi is a language spoken by hindus. i'm a sikh and i speak punjabi but i can also speak hindi too.

The atheists I've met are bloody awesome!!!!!!

Long Beach, CA

#138718 Nov 18, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wants your magnets.
He's building a thingy.
Or something like that.

Location hidden

#138719 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Don't say you Christians. A lot of posters here are simply deist and not Christians. In fact, Christians may disagree with other Christians. If you believe in a deity, then you are not an atheist and since you follow a religion, your statement is likely that of the topic heading "Atheism requires as much faith as religion".
yh i got it!

i know i'm not an atheist!!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#138722 Nov 18, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ahem. You're the theist coming to the atheist forum to troll so you get what you deserve.
Anyways what's the big deal? You are the one who not only believes in Yahweh/Jesus but you also worship him! And his book the holy bible says very clearly he loves the smell of burning flesh especially the burning flesh of little girls.
We clearly see this in the story of Jephtha where your god had two months to stop that little girl from being tied down and set on fire screaming. But he stayed silent and enjoyed the show.
After all he loves that burning flesh smell! No ambulance or attempt to heal/save/comfort Jephtha's daughter. Just a nice show and smell for the god you pray to.
Sweet dreams
:)
<quoted text>
We clearly see a lot more in the Bible than you do..... and this is a question about atheist's needing faith in a top stories forum about religion. Your faith is the belief of nothing and no after life; my Faith is totally different.

Just because I am a Christian does not mean you can try and write hurtful things without proving that you are cold hearted.

Sweet dreams also to you

:)

Location hidden

#138723 Nov 18, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wants your magnets.
He's building a thingy.
i only have freak magnets, what if he gets stuck to them?

what's he building? A spaceship????

#138724 Nov 18, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your god not ours.
If I were to start writing horrid postings to people, would you make comment?

Location hidden

#138725 Nov 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
something like what?

#138726 Nov 18, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your god that is one sick being.
I challenge you to find a single atheist who would approve of roasting a child.
I challenge you to find a single Christian who would appreciate it; and I also challenge you to find a single Christian who would write cruel postings to others that had written about their little sister being burned to death.....

Location hidden

#138727 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Catcher is a bully. He attacks Dave Nelson and Eagle12 and that is his only purpose. Eagle 12 is an elderly gentleman, so Catcher's actions is like attacking your grandfather.
i'm not getting myself involved, they all enjoy it. let them play!

#138728 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
In the past I lived in a couple of places with some neat zoos. Sunday morning would often find me and my family at the zoo, spending a good while just walking around and kind of communicating with the animals, or just being friendly observers. People tend to be sympathetic to the larger creatures confined, but then how else could you see and experience them.
Most in the viewing public would just regard them, while you always had those that try to get a reaction from them. Especially around the monkey cages. You can learn a lot about people by watching them around the animals.
The Creator of all things has provided Topix as a zoo to observe animals in the wild, so to speak. In this case a place for Topix atheists to come out of the shadows and screech. A place to manifest themselves to their fullest.
Fortunately, there are no dietary restrictions or social conventions to be followed in getting them to perform on here. Don't feel guilty giving them empty peanut shells. They would rather screech than eat.
Good point ~ we learn to know the person hiding behind the avatar..... they are as they are :)

#138730 Nov 18, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are correct. The problem with some of these people, though, is that they're all pooh. Wash, wash, wash awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~!
I definitely agree, although we are probably thinking of different people....

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#138731 Nov 18, 2012
He claims to know what life will be like in heaven, without actually being there. Perhaps you missed that.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
No, I did not. You must have misread your own post.
My own post asked him a question about heaven, since he claimed to be knowledgable about it. So how, exactly, would I be misreading my own post?

Tampa, FL

#138732 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
Eagle 12 is an elderly gentleman, so Catcher's actions is like attacking your grandfather.
So you're saying that elderly individuals should be above criticism here on Topix?

Location hidden

#138733 Nov 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey don't generalize about generations.
In my family no parent ever struck a child.
I come from an educated, civilized family.
@Eagle...i don't think we should even spank kids, it's just not nice. We need to discipline them with love!!!

Tampa, FL

#138736 Nov 18, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
it is like these atheists and there so-called Christian friends think it okay to attack God, Christ and the Bible.
Would it be ok to attack Zeus or Thor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr ChristineM 2,236
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Thinking 7,634
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr lozzza 19,142
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 11 hr NoahLovesU 7,514
Is God a Perfect Being? Mon Thinking 16
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists Mon True Christian wi... 137
News America is losing religion - and why more and m... May 30 P_Smith 1
More from around the web