Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
133,301 - 133,320 of 224,657 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

The really amusing reality of this zoo is that the Topix atheists believe they are visiting a zoo.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12.....
.....and you're so Sad.
Ps:....Never mind, BobLoblah nose dat you are BiPolar.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Internet TROLL

Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!)

Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship. Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.

If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends'(who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.

If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.

Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.

Sex Life

Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.

The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.

There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.

This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

turkey wrote:
<quoted text> It kills them jelous wackadooooss . They seem to be an interesting collection of misfits who read a few books.
youre PROJECTING

google it

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
The really amusing reality of this zoo is that the Topix atheists believe they are visiting a zoo.
Here I'll throw you a peanut.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>How long did a limp fish thrash around on the ground before turning into its' next species? How long do you reckon it took to grow eyelashes for example, or legs that would hold itself up? And where is the evidence of these half baked species that don't have a name?
here are all the answers,babe

www.google.com
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
The Creator of all things has provided Topix as a zoo to observe animals in the wild, so to speak. In this case a place for Topix atheists to come out of the shadows and screech. A place to manifest themselves to their fullest.
You just had to ruin a perfectly intelligent, if rather patronising, post by implying god created Topix, didn't you?

Did your creator also provide us with the steam engine and the weel?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Here I'll throw you a peanut.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
You just had to ruin a perfectly intelligent, if rather patronising, post by implying god created Topix, didn't you?
Everything that exists in this physical existence is a derivative of an original action.
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything that exists in this physical existence is a derivative of an original action.
In your post you suggest god created Topix for a specific purpose. That means he intended to create it.

If that's true than he's basically using humans to create the things he wanted to have on Earth.

And that ultimately means whoever created Topix had no free will. God intended for him to create Topix therefore he had to create Topix.

This seems to me to be a very sad way to view the world. Do you leave any room for human ingenuity and creativity?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
In your post you suggest god created Topix for a specific purpose. That means he intended to create it.
If that's true than he's basically using humans to create the things he wanted to have on Earth.
And that ultimately means whoever created Topix had no free will. God intended for him to create Topix therefore he had to create Topix.
This seems to me to be a very sad way to view the world. Do you leave any room for human ingenuity and creativity?
That is an excellent wording of something they have no answer for. To them, everything is a contradiction and only contradictions are real.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of "wheels".

The first wheels weren't those rolling thingies you are familiar with. They were actually spokes used to drag loads over rough ground. Slow, but they worked.

Take two logs and tie them together at the top, then put a cross brace near the bottom. You make an "A" frame. With the bottom digging into the ground, and a rope tied to a sled or travois, you pull on the tied top and gain mechanical leverage. The rising cross brace lifts the end of the sled, reducing friction, and at the same time causes gravity to pull the load toward the bottom of the tip, like what happens with a pendulum. Beats hauling a huge chunk of mastodon on your shoulders home for dinner. Worked over all sorts of terrain, uphill and downhill, even in the mud with modifications to the base tips. This evolved into multiple A frames that turned into a spoked wheel looking thingy. You just crossed longer logs and the brace became an axle. Then two guys could pull or push the tips. Then it was learned that animals could pull on the axle. However the leverage gain was cut in half. But it was faster. Then paved roads were developed.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
The complete idiots guide to atheism

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
None. We are are all instruments of a greater will.

It may not have been the intention from the beginning to have Topix developed, but rather as an adaption to things that have developed. A deity can roll dice if one chooses to do so. It is not obligated to have a pre-determined outcome of its creations. It may very well have ultimate control over the destiny of those creations, but it may just very well enjoy surprises. How many times have you wound up a toy to see what it does, and it was up to you whether you kept it falling off the table top or not?

It is YOUR assumption creations are made for a serious purpose.

Someone mentioned mouse traps last night. The best mouse traps are glue traps. Put a little bait on the glue, and pick up at your leisure later. A mouse can see another stuck and will get stuck doing the same thing. Neat thing about bait, the vermin come to it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I'll never be good with the birds and the bees talk either.
are u gay? when did that happen? i thought u were straight!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Which is indicative of your poor education, likely Junior high school at best.
Here is some basic stuff, for some one as baseless as you.
Whales are large, intelligent, aquatic mammals. They breathe air through blowhole(s) into lungs (unlike fish who breathe using gills). Whales have sleek, streamlined bodies that move easily through the water. They are the only mammals, other than manatees (seacows), that live their entire lives in the water, and the only mammals that have adapted to life in the open oceans.
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/wha...
Life in an aquatic environment is difficult without gills. Diving for food and having to hold their breath gives them very little time to search for prey, especially the Sperm whales which has to dive sometimes a mile deep to find it's food. Giving birth underwater is a risk to the newborn, he must be brought to the surface for his first breath. Whales propel themselves throughout the water with an up and down flexing of their spine, not the most efficient way of moving throughout the water, they even lack a dorsal fin to help stabilize them. They have adapted well to their environment thanks to evolution, but they were NOT created for a life in the ocean rather for life on land like most mammals. For those who insist on the magical fairytale that God designed all life, then we can only conclude from this that is A,) Your God is an incredibly inept designer. B.) he has a bizarre sense of humor. C.) He really just doesn't give a shit. or C.) There is no such thing as God. I chose C. Now that you have bee totally educated as to the flawed design of all Whales, why don't you simply piss off!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
The complete idiots guide to atheism
Yep, a giant leap of faith on their parts.

While the more rational of the species will understand from our observations and experience that SOMETHING has to fashion the environment in some sort of fashion.

Order does not come out of chaos unless a little law is laid down first.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism by Lewis Black

blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
All the great cartoons died with the old Warner Brothers toons.
You are absolutely correct!!! Those were works of art, painstakingly done one frame at a time, and really great situational comedy.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Monty Python Crackpot Religions LTD

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we did not. We even had a Hindu atheist on here a long while back, but he has since passed away, sadly. He said often you could be both atheist and Hindi.
I don't believe in any deities, so I wouldn't agree with any supernatural views you have, though.
I don't believe in deities and the vedas don't too. When i say God, I don't mean an old man sitting on a cloud!!I just believe there is something that created us, we can't have just created ourselves!!

The true sikh/hindu religion was very different when it first started. It was against all stupid supernatural rituals, but somehow greedy clever people always corrupt silly stupid people into believing in something, that isn't even written in the religious books!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 min Buck Crick 852
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 3 hr John 70,965
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Buck Crick 261
Talking some sense into you people... 4 hr Buck Crick 29
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Magyar 101 21,407
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 6 hr CunningLinguist 30
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 15 hr CunningLinguist 229
•••
•••