Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#138660 Nov 18, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Nov12......
....does dis mean dat you have a husband now and dat you will have two husbands when you get married!!!
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
nooooooo, i meant don't tell my future hubby, that i'm clementia!!

and don't act innocent with me, u christians pick on me and tell me my faith is wrong too AND that i'm going to hell!!!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#138661 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in deities and the vedas don't too. When i say God, I don't mean an old man sitting on a cloud!!I just believe there is something that created us, we can't have just created ourselves!!
The true sikh/hindu religion was very different when it first started. It was against all stupid supernatural rituals, but somehow greedy clever people always corrupt silly stupid people into believing in something, that isn't even written in the religious books!
You are a wise young woman.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#138662 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I actually just watched one of her videos the other day. It looked like an interesting place. Some people were doing some pretty wack stuff, but if they like it, so what? They're not hurting anyone.
You think those are normal rational people, that have to act out like that?

That was done on public streets. Subsidized by the general public.

You did notice the commercialization of that, didn't you? They all had something to sell. With the aid of the local government.

Such things have always been done, but usually in private settings. Helps not to offend others, or keep them from taking their children to public places.

That is what happens when you empower freaks. They took over the local government, although a small minority of the people, and imposed their phreak on everyone else. I thought you hated religions for doing that.

You really think a guy walking on all fours with a tail sticking out of his bare asshole is a suitable personal expression for public streets? Or of the guy shoving his thing up another guy's ass? Or public demonstrations of brutality?

Perhaps you do.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#138663 Nov 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Even if we didn't have any fossil evidence at all, the evidence for evolution would still be overwhelming. And the fossil evidence is solid, anyway. How do you explain the fossil record without assuming that your god is a trickster? How do you explain the evidence from other scientific disciplines all converging at the same conclusion without invoking a trickster god?
I'm sure there are some people that believe it simply because they were taught that, but that doesn't mean that the evidence isn't there. Those that choose to dig a little bit deeper will find so much evidence for it that it simply makes no sense to deny it. Your disbelief, and your sons disbelief do not mean that evolution didn't happen. If anything, the higher education level that your son has attained coupled with his disbelief in evolution is nothing more than a real life example of just how much religious indoctrination can warp one's thinking.
The automobile industry has evolved. We have evidence that it evolved over time in museums and personal collections all over the country. But each and every vehicle from the beginning to what we have now has been designed, blue printed, engineered and manufactured.

I have not dedicated my life to running around looking for evolutionary evidence. If I’m wrong about evolution and I acknowledge that is a possibility. I believe that every creature that has allegedly evolved has been designed and engineered.

Every engineer that designs something builds prototypes, experiments, refines, evaluates, adjust, makes changes, then has his design mass produced. Once it’s mass produced more refining, evaluations, adjustment, tinkering, and remodeling occurs.

God is no different than any other engineer. Perhaps has built prototypes. He’s had lots of time to make adjustments and tinker with his design. Anyway you look at creation with evolution or without it. I believe God created the heavens and the earth, and all living things.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#138664 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You think those are normal rational people, that have to act out like that?
That was done on public streets. Subsidized by the general public.
You did notice the commercialization of that, didn't you? They all had something to sell. With the aid of the local government.
Such things have always been done, but usually in private settings. Helps not to offend others, or keep them from taking their children to public places.
That is what happens when you empower freaks. They took over the local government, although a small minority of the people, and imposed their phreak on everyone else. I thought you hated religions for doing that.
You really think a guy walking on all fours with a tail sticking out of his bare asshole is a suitable personal expression for public streets? Or of the guy shoving his thing up another guy's ass? Or public demonstrations of brutality?
Perhaps you do.
You seem to have some pretty detailed and vivid memories concerning this, Dave.

Tell me, Dave, just how many times have you visited the site, and how many times have you watched the vids?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#138665 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
None. We are are all instruments of a greater will.
Speak for yourself.

Not for Catcher.

Catcher is nobody's instrument.

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

(If perchance I have one.)

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#138666 Nov 18, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Order does not come out of chaos unless a little law is laid down first.
Now you're talking my language.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#138667 Nov 18, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The automobile industry has evolved. We have evidence that it evolved over time in museums and personal collections all over the country. But each and every vehicle from the beginning to what we have now has been designed, blue printed, engineered and manufactured.
I have not dedicated my life to running around looking for evolutionary evidence. If I’m wrong about evolution and I acknowledge that is a possibility. I believe that every creature that has allegedly evolved has been designed and engineered.
Every engineer that designs something builds prototypes, experiments, refines, evaluates, adjust, makes changes, then has his design mass produced. Once it’s mass produced more refining, evaluations, adjustment, tinkering, and remodeling occurs.
God is no different than any other engineer. Perhaps has built prototypes. He’s had lots of time to make adjustments and tinker with his design. Anyway you look at creation with evolution or without it. I believe God created the heavens and the earth, and all living things.
He's all yours, timn.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#138668 Nov 18, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Internet TROLL
Why do trolls do it?
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.
Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.
For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.
Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?
Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!)
Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship. Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.
If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends'(who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.
If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.
Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.
Sex Life
Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.
The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.
There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.
This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.
19Nov12.....

.....For someOne with a BLACK moniker who is Not a True member of TOPIX Forums.....BobLoblah has you 'responding'...ya hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist.

Ps:....and schidt-For-Brains.

ALL you eeejits readUP on BobLoblah's postings. Bar NONE.

Ven it comes to you 'christianitySnivel'.....BobLo blah dinks dat there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#138669 Nov 18, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
here are all the answers,babe
www.google.com
19Nov12.....

.....you're just annudder 'Troll-op'.

Your BLACK moniker only confirms dat you have been 'tossed' out of TOPIX Forums so ofter dat you have become toooooooooooo lazy to startUP annudder account.

Ps:....In da same class as yer udder schidt-for-brains eeejit buddies.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#138670 Nov 18, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing sick and twisted about the fact that your God murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Notice I said fact, not belief. If what your holy says is true, then this is all factual information. How can you possible worship a being that kills little babies? Oh, and he thinks that owning another human being and being able to beat him with a rod is absolutely ok. You'd be much better off worshipping Haniman the monkey God.
19Nov12.....

.....Your abortion clinics aren't dooooing toooooo bad.

Ps:.....You otta know. You have da brains less dan dat of a monkey. You have schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#138671 Nov 18, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
I humbly suggest religious stop picking on atheists, gay people and religious people that have a different religion then. After all if none of us have free will and all our actions are determined by god then we are all acting out god's will.
All of us.
Including those of us who are acting out god's will by raping and murdering children.
<quoted text>
Can I jus point out here that there is a bit of a difference between a toy and a human being?
Really your idea of god playing chess against himself and sacrificing humans because he feels like it does not cast your creator in a favourable light.
<quoted text>
No, it was yours. You said god created Topix for a purpose and, serious or not, this means he made the human creator of Topix make Topix.
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting humans are god's vermin and he's killing us at his leisure? this actually makes more sense than a kind benevolent god. Even though statistics indicate your god is pretty bad at exterminating us.
19Nov12.....

.....How many years are you in Kindergarten???

Ps:....Jest wait until you get outta yer backYard.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#138672 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I love the compliments u give me!:-)
u dirty old man, haven't u got wife and kids? have some shame!
19Nov12.....

.....but, but 'catcherSnatcher' is waiting for you to respond.

Ps:....he and the udder eeejits...lurks for young things like you. Just watch out.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#138673 Nov 18, 2012
If bob nobgobbler had a poo transplant, the poo would reject him.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are correct. The problem with some of these people, though, is that they're all pooh. Wash, wash, wash awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~!

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#138674 Nov 18, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are NOT one of my most admired posters. You are sometimes fun to goof on, but in my view you cannot be taken seriously because you are dense and stubborn.
Nor do I find you interesting. I am interested in people who actually think. You don't.
I am just myself, and have never posted as somebody else. As I recall, HL and I played around with you a little about me being her and she being me, but it was just in fun. As usual, you are in a state of confusion.
Yes, I am a lawyer, and a very good one. And I do like to have fun. I have a very good sense of humor.
I will cop to having an ego.
I do not live in social isolation. I have many friends and my family is very close. I am fortunate to be financially successful and believe in giving something back. I am very happy and have nothing to complain about.
I do love animals. I have one dog, a 13-year-old rott-retriever mix.
I don't know what to say about your fantasies of heartbreak.
Any food for thought, eagle?
I stand behind what I previously stated. You’re a introvert, with few real friends. Nothing is wrong with that, nothing at all. Being acquainted with lots of people and having superficial hypoderm, subcutaneous friendships is hardly real friendships.

You have few real friends that know the inner workings of your mind. I’m talking about the deepest recess of your soul. You have this force field you put up to guard your heart. You have been hurt, deeply hurt, cut all the way to the bone. Perhaps more than once.

It may be you are one of those people that can’t have a long term relationship. Because the callousness and harshness of your heart. The taking for granted one’s relationship, ignoring your mate for long periods, openly flirting with others to spar a reaction.

They rebel against your narcissist dominated personality. Seek to break away and then they’re set free. I won’t claim you have been abusive. Only you know that but what would your former partner tell us about you?

Your outward person can be friendly, polite, generous. But the real you, masked inside, is cold, rash, and indifferent. You’ve been unhappy for so long the doldrums have become the norm. You don’t even know what happiness is. Your afraid, afraid of revealing yourself to others because what they may see.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#138675 Nov 18, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
nooooooo, i meant don't tell my future hubby, that i'm clementia!!
and don't act innocent with me, u christians pick on me and tell me my faith is wrong too AND that i'm going to hell!!!
19Nov12.....

STOP speaking in 'generalities'...

.....Do NOT 'blame' ALL Christians for the 'handful' dat have picked on you.

Ps:.....If that's your modus Operandi...den BobLoblah should dink that ALL Hindi are despicable tooooooooooo. Yes!!!

...and by da vey, there are some 'good' hAtheists toooo, but few and far between hereIN.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#138676 Nov 18, 2012
Thinking wrote:
If bob nobgobbler had a poo transplant, the poo would reject him.
<quoted text>
19Nov12.....

.....and dere's NO room inside 'dinKing' for a poo transplant.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#138677 Nov 18, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no irony just you telling lies and then ducking.
You said that I have posted lies when I asked you to show us where I have posted lies and you could not.
Instead you tried to deflect by asking whether or not I have ever lied which entirely irrelevant.
So I will ask again show us a post where I lied or you are admitting that you lied in the first place by your lack of evidence.
Dude, get over yourself. No one here gives a rats ass about your self love.

Are you that vain? Self absorbed?

Freakazoid no one gives a sh**.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#138678 Nov 18, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand behind what I previously stated. You’re a introvert, with few real friends. Nothing is wrong with that, nothing at all. Being acquainted with lots of people and having superficial hypoderm, subcutaneous friendships is hardly real friendships.
You have few real friends that know the inner workings of your mind. I’m talking about the deepest recess of your soul. You have this force field you put up to guard your heart. You have been hurt, deeply hurt, cut all the way to the bone. Perhaps more than once.
It may be you are one of those people that can’t have a long term relationship. Because the callousness and harshness of your heart. The taking for granted one’s relationship, ignoring your mate for long periods, openly flirting with others to spar a reaction.
They rebel against your narcissist dominated personality. Seek to break away and then they’re set free. I won’t claim you have been abusive. Only you know that but what would your former partner tell us about you?
Your outward person can be friendly, polite, generous. But the real you, masked inside, is cold, rash, and indifferent. You’ve been unhappy for so long the doldrums have become the norm. You don’t even know what happiness is. Your afraid, afraid of revealing yourself to others because what they may see.
Now you are sounding like one of those those psychics, eagle baby.

How much do I owe you for the reading?

Two final comments:

1. I don't have a soul.
2. It's you're afraid, not your afraid.

Will you never make an effort?(I hate to sound cold, rash and indifferent, but geez dude!)

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#138679 Nov 18, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, it's not about respect, but kindness--and focus. But you go farther, saying that you love everyone here. As a Christian, you might consider the words of Paul:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
If that does not describe your behavior, can it be described as love?
Thank you, your words are so kind and on target. My good Mr. Nightserf, I should do better, but I’m just having way too much fun. But thank you for your advice.

A new year is coming up and perhaps I may strive to be above the fray starting the new year. You have set an excellent example for all of us to follow, thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Subduction Zone 75,207
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 48 min Brendatucker 183
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 1 hr John 580
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr John 6,099
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr John 32,052
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 17 hr Nemesis 4,068
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat John 4,952
More from around the web