Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
133,181 - 133,200 of 226,368 Comments Last updated 56 min ago
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138479 Nov 17, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're both mistaken. Whales are very well adapted, but have "evolutionary baggage" because of where they came from. That's what Blacklagoon is talking about. It's not poor adaptation, though, it's a phylogenetic history that, as time goes on, will continue to be selected against (although it's more accurate to say that mutations that damage the genes that produce these ancestral traits, like the hind limb buds, will not be selected against - I'm probably writing above your level here, Eagle, sorry).
Sharks are not machines. They are organic, intelligent creatures, too. They have been observed engaged in sophisticated pack hunting. A group of sharks will surround a school of fish in the same manner that dolphins do. They keep them schooling, trapped, in the middle. Then, one by one, the sharks will swim in to eat their fill and then return to the line.
Whales and sharks do not normally compete for the same food. So they're not in direct competition all that often. Each has created a niche, a way of exploiting the environment for energy and each does this so well that they remain extant, surviving and reproducing. It's true that sharks attack whales for their babies and weak, but it's also true that whales attack sharks and that whales have complex solutions to ward off the predation of sharks.
I don't think I ever said that Whales were not well adapted to their environment, I said they were poorly designed creatures considering their aquatic environment.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#138481 Nov 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding can be trusted. The Troll of Many Names cannot. He's sick.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_diso...
Well someone call a doctor then.

Or should I get my old uni notes out and check which medication we can put him on?

Location hidden

#138483 Nov 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That boy, you keep the conversation on the 12 year level and leave the adult conversation to the adults. Hey I know, why don't you tell us the more interesting parts of Sponge Bob Square Pants, and then give us some insight on Poke Mon, have at it junior!!!!
are u dissing Sponge Bob Square Pants?? u better not be!

and digimon was always better than pokemon!!

Location hidden

#138484 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>No,Mila is not Indian. Well, I followed them in the 90s, so I am certain that they had work done to keep up. I may start back watching some of the more recent Bollywood films.
watch rowdy rathore, it's sooooooo funny!

I also need to watch all the new indian films.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#138485 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, find out yourself. You can see her attacking Eagle12 and Dave Nelson right now. You can also ask Nano or waassssuuuup they have confronted them regarding their attacks.
Since, Hiding is going to lie, I will post the links.
My wittle boi goes from her to them very qwickwy. Is my wittle boi paranowd? Yes he EEEiis. Is my wittle boi going to post some winks? Hims so cute.

*pats his wittle pointy head*

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#138486 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, is he really? i really am a freak magnet!!! i don't know when u being serious and when u messin with me!
But what could he do to harm me? we had ok convo so far!
You callin' me a freak?

See, now I'm just messin'.

He seriously is a sociopath though. Best to ignore.

Location hidden

#138488 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, find out yourself. You can see her attacking Eagle12 and Dave Nelson right now. You can also ask Nano or waassssuuuup they have confronted them regarding their attacks.
Since, Hiding is going to lie, I will post the links.
ok, now my eyes are closing, goodnite and sweetie sweetie dreams to all u guys!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138490 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
are u dissing Sponge Bob Square Pants?? u better not be!
and digimon was always better than pokemon!!
I'm a mature adult, I don't watch children's shows. I know about both because both my grandchildren watch it. Both are utterly inane.

Embrace the grey.

#138491 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well someone call a doctor then.
Or should I get my old uni notes out and check which medication we can put him on?
He should probably be on lithium or something like that.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138492 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the evidence. If they lied,then these posts would not exist. I even provided the links. They will lie to you tomorrow and tell you that you did not read them. Boooots is on mental illness medication and I suspect that they are too. Since, Hiding mentioned Eagle12, then just ask him. Dave Nelson just tries to stay out of their mess.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>You don't seem to recognize boundaries, and you cross them all the time.
.. good point, Boooots. Don't think Patricia understands boundaries because she repeatedly crosses lines drawn in the sand by others and allows everyone to violate her boundaries by responding to vile, obnoxious posts ..
.. that means only one thing: her boundaries were constantly violated ..
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T85ELBGC7 ...
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. no, no, no - Passing Through didn't invade Patricia's privacy, she volunteered all the information. Would you like me to post links where she revealed her true name, parents' names, education, physical description or date of birth ??..
P.S. You forgot to answer my one burning questions - are you hot?
United in faith
“walking in the light”
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Nov 14
yes i would, i would like you to post where SHE mentioned her parents names FIRST, and where SHE mentioned a tombstone, and where SHE mentioned her ex's name, and where SHE mentioned a pastors name, and where SHE mentioned any 'trist' with a married man, and where SHE mentioned any of those gossipy lies you fornicated HL.
)
Happy Lesbo
“MEET TONTO-SHE SEEKS HOME”
[Early adopter]
WITH ESTABLISHED HAREM
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Nov 13
Judged:
[Funny]
[Touching]
[Brilliant]
.. are you sure you're not Patricia? I mean, you wouldn't fib, would you ??..
.. don't mean to question your honesty but Ms. Hadley always said, "the Bible says homosexuality is wrong.
P.S. Can you please post your physical measurements?
?
Has my wittle boi been hanging out on the gay threads again? My wittle gay boi is afwaid to come out, yes he EEEiis.

Location hidden

#138494 Nov 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You callin' me a freak?
See, now I'm just messin'.
He seriously is a sociopath though. Best to ignore.
oh damn! u scared me when i read first line, i thought i blew your switch and that u were really angry at me!!!

i'll just have a normal convo with him, nothing serious and if he starts acting crazy with me then it stops!

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#138495 Nov 17, 2012
Atheists are not allowed to even taste Ezekiel bread because it is only for the truest of believers. I am donating all of it to Eagle and RR's church!

Trust me on this one hiding you don't want to taste this because it tastes like their god. In fact their god is the secret ingredient!

:evil laughter:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So...does it taste good?
I had a communion wafer once. The nun told me that proved I was holy. Crazy old bat.

Embrace the grey.

#138498 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, now my eyes are closing, goodnite and sweetie sweetie dreams to all u guys!!
What was that? You wanted something to read? Okay:

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Location hidden

#138499 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Rowdy rathore? Is it a musical too? Do you like Hindi music? Have you ever heard "Eastern girl, western boy"?
mostly all indian films are musicals, but there are some very serious gangster films, which are very very very good!!

i love hindi/punjabi music!

no i never heard that!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#138501 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
oh damn! u scared me when i read first line, i thought i blew your switch and that u were really angry at me!!!
i'll just have a normal convo with him, nothing serious and if he starts acting crazy with me then it stops!
My darling Clementine.

Any time you want to blow my switch.

(Notice the eagle grammar.)

Location hidden

#138502 Nov 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a mature adult, I don't watch children's shows. I know about both because both my grandchildren watch it. Both are utterly inane.
i didn't like those two cartoons either! i was into digimon tho, i thought it was really cool when i was a kid!

Embrace the grey.

#138503 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
He's exhibiting symptoms of several personality disorders right now.

He's a salad bar of mental illness.

I'd like him to seek help.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138506 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is obvious that you are a child in mind, since you brought them up and likely only you and perhaps Hiding watch them. Inane would fit your mental level of efficiency.
My wittle boi has a cwush on Hiding. My wittle boi is having gender issues again. Yes he EEEiis.

Location hidden

#138507 Nov 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He should probably be on lithium or something like that.
Can I use a tranquilizer gun? I just want to use a gun, ok!

Location hidden

#138508 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Can you dance to Hindi/punjabi and move your hands to the music?
I'm a bhangra/gidha/kathak/belly dancer, I told u guys before!

Oh, I can move alot more than hands! yh, i can move my toes too, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 7 min CunningLinguist 428
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr Patrick 33
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 1 hr Thinking 5
The Ultimate Evidence of God 1 hr Thinking 59
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Patrick 52
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 5 hr Patrick 173
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 5 hr Patrick 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••