Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#138421 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh only the one's with sexy Mr Bale in them, the older ones were bad!!
they changed dark to light??
I wouldn't pay any attention to the Troll of Many Names. Hit him with a rolled up newspaper if he humps your leg.

The new ones are collectively called the Dark Knight Saga.

Most of the older ones were not very good, especially Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. They were yuck.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#138423 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>No, the problem with the old ones had to do with the fact that they were made into dark movies.
Dark and light has to do with lighting.
i didn't like them coz they weren't serious, dangerous and they weren't mature, if u get what i'm saying? it's like, if i want to watch something like that, i could watch a hindi film!

i didn't pay attention to the lighting, i will now tho.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#138424 Nov 17, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

You also have to remember that Eagle was trying to claim that the first 46 chromosome hominin was "Adam."
Adam was a potato.

Location hidden

#138425 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>See, this is the point, you are comparing Batman and Spiderman movies, and Toby Maguire to Arnold, Jack Nicholson, Sharon Stone, Jim Carey, and that means that the stars were carrying the Batman movies.
that's not true, i never heard of Andrew garfield, but i loved watching him on the screen. he's not even really my type but i really loved watching him! i don't really like any of those actors!!

also, it was nice to see irfan khan in it, but his acting wasn't that great, maybe being in american film scared him!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#138426 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Carp and chicken. It's a gay thing.
My wittle boi is a gay thing. Yes he EEEiis.

Location hidden

#138427 Nov 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't pay any attention to the Troll of Many Names. Hit him with a rolled up newspaper if he humps your leg.
The new ones are collectively called the Dark Knight Saga.
Most of the older ones were not very good, especially Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. They were yuck.
u mean the poster who's jealous of hot people?

i can't stand robin or the older catwomen, they annoying and not even sexy!!!

Location hidden

#138428 Nov 17, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My wittle boi is a gay thing. Yes he EEEiis.
Hi Tam! Tam, u know today or maybe it was yesterday, there was a pic of a girl on your avatar thingy, was that the real u??

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#138429 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
u mean the poster who's jealous of hot people?
i can't stand robin or the older catwomen, they annoying and not even sexy!!!
Yes. That poster is the Troll of Many Names.

Uma Thurman was pretty hot as Poison Ivy. But that's just Uma Thurman. The character was silly. I liked her a lot in the Kill Bill movies. She was also in one of the best movies ever, Pulp Fiction.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#138431 Nov 17, 2012
ATTENTION ANYONE

who is interested in evolution. From the National Academy of Sciences comes a number of FREE books on the subject.

For those of you who are creationists, there's a book for you, too.

The link is below. Once you register, you can download the books for free as pdfs. If you want to own the book in hardcopy, it costs money.

http://www.nap.edu/collection.php...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#138433 Nov 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
I see whales completely different Doctor. I don’t see a flawed design. If they had gills we wouldn’t get the chance to see them come up to the surface in all their grander.
Not to mention these mammals are extremely intelligent with their own language.
Sharks are preprogrammed biological robots. At sea world you don’t see sharks doing tricks. They’re just not trainable. Dolphins and whales are the opposite. They’re capable of doing a lot of things including communicating with humans.
How many sharks have you seen play basketball? I’ve see dolphins play it at sea world. I’ve never seen a shark do that.
“We the undersigned, Christian clergy from many different traditions, believe that the timeless truths of the Bible and the discoveries of modern science may comfortably coexist. We believe that the theory of evolution is a foundational scientific truth, one that has stood up to rigorous scrutiny
and upon which much of human knowledge and achievement rests. To reject this truth or to treat it as ’one theory among others’ is to deliberately embrace scientific ignorance and transmit such ignorance to our children. We believe that among God’s good gifts are human minds capable of critical
thought and that the failure to fully employ this gift is a rejection of the will of our Creator.... We urge school board members to preserve the integrity of the science curriculum by affirming the teaching of the theory of evolution as a core component of human knowledge. We ask that science
remain science and that religion remain religion, two very different, but complementary, forms of truth.”

—“The Clergy Letter Project” signed by more than 10,000 Christian clergy members. For additional information, see
http://www.butler.edu/clergyproject/clergy_pr... .

Location hidden

#138435 Nov 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That poster is the Troll of Many Names.
Uma Thurman was pretty hot as Poison Ivy. But that's just Uma Thurman. The character was silly. I liked her a lot in the Kill Bill movies. She was also in one of the best movies ever, Pulp Fiction.
well u a guy, u no more about hot women then me and then i guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!! i can't remember her as ivy, but yh pulp fiction was awesome, i remember that coz my favourite actor is john travolta and he's my dream man(when he was young, lol). i've never seen kill bill.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#138437 Nov 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nightserf, read this post from Givemeliberty,#138316
Does this kind of conduct deserve respect?
For me, it's not about respect, but kindness--and focus. But you go farther, saying that you love everyone here. As a Christian, you might consider the words of Paul:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If that does not describe your behavior, can it be described as love?

Location hidden

#138441 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>No, we are saying the same thing. Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield were virtual unknowns. Andrew Garfield first really came out in the Social Network. At first I thought he was a bad fit for Spiderman, but when I watched the movie I forgot about his role in the Social Network.
The other actors were older and before your time, they had name recognition. The problem when you fill a screen with big names often is that you pay for the name and not the quality of the script and directing.
yh we saying the same thing, i get it now!

i don't know what social network is?

Andrew Garfield was amazing in my eyes, nobody could have done the role better!

I know the other actors, but i only want to see arnold in terminator not in bloody batman doing a stupid role! and jim carrey in ace ventura pet detective. jack nicholson was ok in batman but he done better roles and sharon i'm not a fan of!

Location hidden

#138442 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>No, that poster is Hiding and she is jealous because you are hot and she is not.
Yeah, the Robin character was a bad idea and they soon let it go. The problem with the older Batman movies was that they made the arch enemies of Batman the stars and they treated Batman as a side kick to them.
lol, also robin made batman look more gay then he already did in that gay bat costume!!

I'm sure Hiding is very beautiful! she has beauty and brains, so she scoring more points than me!! i don't think i could ever be like that!! what's your problem with Hiding, if u don't mind me asking?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#138444 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said i follow the bible, i don't believe in it!! I'm a sikh and my sikh faith has taught me to respect good people and i was always taught in christian school that jesus was a good person. I can't change the image i have of jesus in my head, that image helped me soo much, i don't know what the bible says jesus was really like and i don't care either!!
I've never sat down and read the bible like i did the koran or GGS/vedic books, i have read verses here and there, that's all. Everything i known about christianity is from christian school. And then when i went to uni, i made atheist friends/'boyfriends', who would keep telling me to stay away from christianity and christians coz they nuts, but i was like noooooooo they're nice people, but then christians started telling me i'm going to hell coz i'm sikh and no matter how nice i was if i didn't convert i would burn in hell.
Just out of curiosity, have you peeked in the Sikh forum?

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/sikh

Location hidden

#138448 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Uma Thurman is not attractive at all. I can take 10,000 Indian actresses and put her to shame. She put the bad in bad hair doos. She has split ends on top of split ends.
yh, i don't think she's pretty either, like i said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!!! in my eyes, catherine zeta jones in zorro was beautiful, she didn't look as good in other films tho. also i think jessica alba is stunning!!

not all indian actresses are pretty either!!! u watch bollywood films then? who's your favourite actress?

Location hidden

#138450 Nov 17, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity, have you peeked in the Sikh forum?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/sikh
LLLOL when i was here 4/5 years ago then i was on hindu/pakistan forum and i had a look at sikh forum, i thought what the f.....!

this is the best forum out of all of them, i like it here, u guys sooo nice!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#138452 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that exact same thing, when I saw Robin.
No, Hiding does not come close to you. Hiding is a very ugly person, you are sweet, cute and you have a nice disposition. Hiding is very ugly, looks, but mostly inside.
You form your own opinions of her. I have seen her posts to other posters, here and on other threads. Eagle12 had her back for months and as soon as she could not control him she started attacking him.
Maybe, I will share this, Hiding and some other posters tracked a female poster offline, threatened her, her job and tried to attack her mom who was in a hospital.
Just keep being sweet and yourself, be nice to all and you will be fine. Don't let them or me pull you any any direction.
They don't like me, as if I care, because I have defended a number of females who they have attacked and thus destroyed their bully game.
Chou!
awwww thank you!:)

OMG! I hope u joking about what Hiding did!!

goodnite!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#138454 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>No, that poster is Hiding and she is jealous because you are hot and she is not.
Yeah, the Robin character was a bad idea and they soon let it go. The problem with the older Batman movies was that they made the arch enemies of Batman the stars and they treated Batman as a side kick to them.
The predator that preys on the weak is always the star attraction.
But there will be the predator of predators , out the shadows and
to the end of time. It is a dance with the devil in the pale moonlight. Some foes can only be defeated by a dark knight.

Location hidden

#138456 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Social Network was the movie that came out about Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg. I know, Arnold is and was a terrible actor, but good for action films with not much talking. Sharon Stone had one scene where she opened her legs, and that made her famous.
oh, i might watch that then.

lol, that's the best and fastest way to get famous! hehehe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 25 min Eman 22,031
Atheism 101: What's the most aggravating argume... 1 hr Thinking 2
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr Thinking 183
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr Patrick 16
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 4 hr Patrick 41
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 hr Thinking 69
The Ultimate Evidence of God 16 hr sriKim 120
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••