Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,655)

Showing posts 133,081 - 133,100 of217,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, you really shouldn't make such a ridiculous comment in a public forum like this. "A deer running near the ocean and it TURNED into a whale?" Is this really how you believe the process of evolution works? Seriously???
Yes I can see that you don't see the correlation between a running animal the the up and down flexing of a Whales spine as it moves throughout the water. I'm a bit mystified just why you don't. I think, or at least thought you possessed a modicum of intelligence. To that point, I have read your posts and still believe you are capable of intelligent thought, thats why I'm not so sure your acting the poe. Contrary for the sake of being country. It is very difficult for anyone to ignore the mountain of evidence for evolution. Don't you EVER accept information from people much more informed on a subject than yourself? Don't you do it in many phases of your life? The doctor, dentists, neurosurgeon, plumber, car mechanic? As I see it there are only two valid reasons for NOT accepting information from people much more informed that yourself. 1.) You're simply not intelligent enough to understand the information, or 2.) Your religious dogma will not let you accept something that is contrary to that doctrine. Which is it with you?
A friend of mine who I worked with for years was a degreed anthropologist and a devout atheist. Like myself his father was also an atheist. He told me a story of his mother pressuring his Dad to at least introduce the kids to religion.

So his Dad took all the kids and wife to church one day. When they got back home the wife asked him what he thought about the religious service. Very gruffly he replied,ďThatís just too much God da*n religion for me.Ē

His Dad never took the kids to church again. When my buddy told me that I just laughed. Doctor, I kind of feel a bit like my buddyís Dad. When it comes to evolution, Thatís just too much [beep][beep] bull sh*t for me.

I just canít handle that much hyper bull sh*t Doctor. I do have a imagination but itís microscopic compared to the gargantuan unrealistic imagination of these evolutionist. Holy sh*t these people have an imagination. And they get mad if you donít believe like they do.

The imagination of evolution supersedes anything Disney dreamed up. Iím sorry you believe in all that horse sh*t Doctor. I promise I donít think less of you because of it. You just sort of got all caught up in its cult following. My good father believed in all that crap for most of his life. I just couldnít make myself go that far.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The points made by whomever is merely discredited because they are associated with a different point of view?
I donít know this Casey Luskin personally Doctor. I look at the content of what was said and judge it accordingly. So I have went to find out about Casey,
{I am an attorney who works in Seattle, Washington as Program Officer in Public Policy & Legal Affairs with The Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture. Before pursuing law, I studied geology, devoting much of my time to studying evolution and conducting geological research at Scripps Institution for Oceanography}.
Heís no different than you Doctor, heís intelligent, accomplished, and studies outside of his discipline.
He believes in ID there is no science behind ID, anything he has to say is based on NONSCIENCE and is not worth paying attention to. ID has a religious agenda, science simply is the very BEST explanation at the present time, no AGENDA, just facts based on evidence.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true, why do you insult and occasionally even abuse some of the people here? Why the name-calling? Don't you realize that loving people is more about how your treat them than anything else?
I do make a point to treat people as they treat me. For example I have always viewed you as a gentleman and respectful Atheist. There are others that maintain a certain dignity in their belief.

Then there are those that go over the top with their sarcasm and cynicism. I have mentioned this true story before. The neighbors down the street had a real monkey. The three neighbor boys were abusive to this animal and would take it out and beat it often.

Well one day the monkey got loose and got a hold of that stick. He took it upon himself to even things up a bit. He went on a rage and whipped some ass. Iím talking about a serious ass beating. Those boys learned a lesson that day. Itís no fun getting beat on.

I must confess to you my distinguished Nightserf. There are Atheist that just enjoy being abusive. I enjoy the blessed opportunity thanks to their efforts, to do some good ole fashion ass whipping myself. Itís down right fun and they provide a non stop opportunity. For this Iím very thankful.

[tipping hat]

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I comment on the horrible design of Whales and you respond by telling me how magnificent they are and what a wonderful song they have, too funny. Why not address the comment directly? Do you agree that Whales fare a terribly flawed design?
Yes there could have been designed better, I could have designed them much better here:
1.) I would have given them gills so hunting for food and giving birth would have been much easier. This would also cut down on the number of newborns that drowned before MOM could push them to the surface.
2.)I would have given them a dorsal fin like all other fish, including Dolphins, to make swimming more efficient.
3.) I would have given them a spine more like a fish and sharks were the side to side motion is more efficient.
And they are NOT the elite of the sea Sharks are. Unlike the Whales that have evolved from a land mammal, the shark is so well designed his characteristic have no change in millions of years. Sharks eat Whales, especially baby Whales. The slightest sign of weakness or blood and the sharks amass and tear the whale to bits.
I see whales completely different Doctor. I donít see a flawed design. If they had gills we wouldnít get the chance to see them come up to the surface in all their grander.
Not to mention these mammals are extremely intelligent with their own language.

Sharks are preprogrammed biological robots. At sea world you donít see sharks doing tricks. Theyíre just not trainable. Dolphins and whales are the opposite. Theyíre capable of doing a lot of things including communicating with humans.

How many sharks have you seen play basketball? Iíve see dolphins play it at sea world. Iíve never seen a shark do that.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You still will not answer the question.
How ironic, neither will you.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true, why do you insult and occasionally even abuse some of the people here? Why the name-calling? Don't you realize that loving people is more about how your treat them than anything else?
Nightserf, read this post from Givemeliberty,#138316

Does this kind of conduct deserve respect?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is REAL. And you're well on your way. Satan has BLINDED your mind that you might not REALIZE that your soul is LOST without the Lord Jesus Christ. And that's....for REAL.
Here's something you don't know about HELL. Satan's ONLY goal is to recruit warriors to do battle for him. Satan is looking for Allies, and when he finds them do you real think he's going to torture them forever? He rewards those who fall to his side with the task of converting more to his side. He returns them to Earth with new bodies to do his bidding.

Now Heaven on the other hand is the LIVING HELL. An eternity of servitude, everyday on bended knee. No real goals to achieve, nothing to inspire to, just everyday look that last, for a million years, and you haven't even started yet. Yes skippy, here is the description of what hell really is, eternal worship, never ending. I am so thankful for Satan.

Yes I know, you think you know about He because of your holy book, the same one that says the Earth is flat and covered with a dome. How do you know that Satan is the bad being and God the Good? Satan only killed two people according to your bible, God on the other hand murdered Thousands, including little babies and unborn fetuses. Logic and reason would point to Satan as the good being. Hey, I'm with Satan!!!1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that Iím one of your most admired posters. I do find you rather interesting. Why you felt the need to parade as two different posters is beyond me. Iím a little disappointed that you did that and continue to do so. Perhaps it was the sport of it all.
It destroys your credibility. Then all this tagging you do. Itís like you are seeking attention. Isnít that why young people tag vacant buildings? They want people to know theyíre there and that they have a message.
I just find it hard to believe a lawyer would spend his time doing this sort of thing. But who knows maybe you are a lawyer. In my mind the jury is out on that issue. Lots of people know about the law including court clerks. Who knows what you do for a living. Honesty from you would be refreshing.
I will admit I have chopped away at your over inflated ego. I do realize that you are not a evil person at least you have a love for animals. A lot of people who live in social isolation tend to be drawn to animals that donít disappoint them. In your real life you have faced perhaps some deep disappointments in relationships that left you heartbroken.
You are fiercely guarding your heart. Not letting anyone come close enough to break your heart again. We are all a product of our upbringing. How we were molded and shaped back in childhood has made us what we are today.
I hope you have the courage to love someone again. If you never do I shall understand the pain and agony cut deep into your heart.
No, you are NOT one of my most admired posters. You are sometimes fun to goof on, but in my view you cannot be taken seriously because you are dense and stubborn.

Nor do I find you interesting. I am interested in people who actually think. You don't.

I am just myself, and have never posted as somebody else. As I recall, HL and I played around with you a little about me being her and she being me, but it was just in fun. As usual, you are in a state of confusion.

Yes, I am a lawyer, and a very good one. And I do like to have fun. I have a very good sense of humor.

I will cop to having an ego.

I do not live in social isolation. I have many friends and my family is very close. I am fortunate to be financially successful and believe in giving something back. I am very happy and have nothing to complain about.

I do love animals. I have one dog, a 13-year-old rott-retriever mix.

I don't know what to say about your fantasies of heartbreak.

Any food for thought, eagle?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Of course you don't.
:)
;)
:D
:d
;P
:()
<quoted text>
omg, i need an energy drink!!

somebody call the ghostbusters, liberty guy is possessed my weird fishy spirit!!!! dw liberty guy, we're going to get the real u back!!!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not a dirty meaning.
Tide, you explain it to Clementine.
Do u want me to change my name to clementine? lol

is basket case like a nut job?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine who I worked with for years was a degreed anthropologist and a devout atheist. Like myself his father was also an atheist. He told me a story of his mother pressuring his Dad to at least introduce the kids to religion.
So his Dad took all the kids and wife to church one day. When they got back home the wife asked him what he thought about the religious service. Very gruffly he replied,ďThatís just too much God da*n religion for me.Ē
His Dad never took the kids to church again. When my buddy told me that I just laughed. Doctor, I kind of feel a bit like my buddyís Dad. When it comes to evolution, Thatís just too much [beep][beep] bull sh*t for me.
I just canít handle that much hyper bull sh*t Doctor. I do have a imagination but itís microscopic compared to the gargantuan unrealistic imagination of these evolutionist. Holy sh*t these people have an imagination. And they get mad if you donít believe like they do.
The imagination of evolution supersedes anything Disney dreamed up. Iím sorry you believe in all that horse sh*t Doctor. I promise I donít think less of you because of it. You just sort of got all caught up in its cult following. My good father believed in all that crap for most of his life. I just couldnít make myself go that far.
It is unfortunate for you that you can't distinguish between imagination and evidence. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but you certainly have proven it true. Imagination.......A mythical being for which there is not ONE shred of evidence, created everything as it NOW appears. That means everything, cats dogs, birds, fish, from the moment of creation up until this point in time, all living things appear now as they did then, completely unchanged. Evidence.......A collection of fossils, bones, skulls, DNA, all tirelessly accumulated by very intelligent scientists who have spent years learning their craft. From this EVIDENCE they are able to created a chain of events back through time and supply us with very accurate information on how various species changed over many generations.

You can't make yourself "Go that far" because you simply don't understand the information available to you. And I do think less of you for electing to be willfully ignorant. I don't care how old you are, being willfully ignorant is one of the worse traits a human being can possess.

Please DO continue to plug your fingers into your ear and sing la la trala la la every time evidence is presented.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes darling you are wrong. I learned a long time ago itís not my place to judge people into eternity. Judgment is reserved for God almighty.
ok dear, if u say so!:)
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see whales completely different Doctor. I donít see a flawed design. If they had gills we wouldnít get the chance to see them come up to the surface in all their grander.
Sharks are preprogrammed biological robots. At sea world you donít see sharks doing tricks. Theyíre just not trainable. Dolphins and whales are the opposite. Theyíre capable of doing a lot of things including communicating with humans.
How many sharks have you seen play basketball? Iíve see dolphins play it at sea world. Iíve never seen a shark do that.
I'm sorry sir, you are an idiot!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
@Clementia:
Smoking after sex occurs when there is so much friction, the pubic hair dries out and starts to smoke, and has on occasion, caught fire. Shaving the pubic hair prevents this, and is a safety measure that nobody should overlook.
u liars, u LIARS!!! U think i'm that gullible? ok maybe i am! REALLY??? it can't catch fire tho, i'm not believing that!! LOL!

Why the hell did God give us public hair?? That is a question i want to ask God, if i ever meet him!!! BUT WHY????? come on, why did evolution not get rid of that???? come on u clever clogs, tell me??? i ain't meeting God soon!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are NOT one of my most admired posters. You are sometimes fun to goof on, but in my view you cannot be taken seriously because you are dense and stubborn.
Nor do I find you interesting. I am interested in people who actually think. You don't.
I am just myself, and have never posted as somebody else. As I recall, HL and I played around with you a little about me being her and she being me, but it was just in fun. As usual, you are in a state of confusion.
Yes, I am a lawyer, and a very good one. And I do like to have fun. I have a very good sense of humor.
I will cop to having an ego.
I do not live in social isolation. I have many friends and my family is very close. I am fortunate to be financially successful and believe in giving something back. I am very happy and have nothing to complain about.
I do love animals. I have one dog, a 13-year-old rott-retriever mix.
I don't know what to say about your fantasies of heartbreak.
Any food for thought, eagle?
A lawyer eh. See if I can get some free information. I was told by an advisor that a living trust would be better than a will. However the cost of this trust was 2 grand. I have been told that a will is in the vicinity of 600 to 1,000. I'm probably being rude here, sorry, and I'll understand completely if you don't care to respond.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic, neither will you.
There is no irony just you telling lies and then ducking.

You said that I have posted lies when I asked you to show us where I have posted lies and you could not.

Instead you tried to deflect by asking whether or not I have ever lied which entirely irrelevant.

So I will ask again show us a post where I lied or you are admitting that you lied in the first place by your lack of evidence.
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So entertaining humans takes priority to giving whale cubs a better chance of survival in your god's design plans? That's kind of sick.
Most animals communicate in some way and have some kind of language. Bees for example have different 'dances' they perform to tell other bees where they can find flowers.
So sharks aren't 'cute' and don't roll over and play dead for fish, that doesn't mean they are somehow less evolved. When talking about evolution we're talking about which animal has best evolved to adapt to their environment, not which animal has evolved to be more entertaining to an audience at Sea World.

Playing basketball is not a useful skill when trying to survive in an ocean. In fact, it's not even a necessary skill when trying to survive at Sea World...

Also if all animals were designed by an omnipotent god, shouldn't they all their designs be equally perfect? You know, including the preprogrammed biological robot...
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
u liars, u LIARS!!! U think i'm that gullible? ok maybe i am! REALLY??? it can't catch fire tho, i'm not believing that!! LOL!
Why the hell did God give us public hair?? That is a question i want to ask God, if i ever meet him!!! BUT WHY????? come on, why did evolution not get rid of that???? come on u clever clogs, tell me??? i ain't meeting God soon!!!!
so dudes got something to grab onto!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are good and kind, which is one of the reasons that so much emphasis is put on the more benevolent passages of each religion's scriptures that the more violent, vengeful, and judgmental passages are overlooked or quickly forgotten by those who follow the various credos that are based on them. Reading the Koran (Q'uran), you were taking it in with the same openness with which atheists read, resulting in the same level of shock and horror. But when you read the Bible, you probably do so with the image of a loving Jesus behind it, so it becomes necessary to ignore or obscure the darker parts.
But the dark parts are there, descriptions of horrors supposedly committed by YHWH written in more primitive times when such behavior was admired by savage warriors, tales of more savagery committed in the name of that childish bully of a god by its creators who, ironically, went on to become one of the most intelligent and enlightened peoples in human history in spite of the vile beginnings of their faith.
They did this by changing that faith to suit them better as they developed both as individuals and a society. Christians do much the same after their fashion by rejecting or soft-pedaling the cruelty and violence fond in the bible and replacing it with more modern oral traditions. How much of what you "know" about the Bible comes from the Bible itself and how much comes from what you've heard people--parents, preachers, friends, neighbors, TV evangelists--say about it? Be honest.
This is why so many have become atheists as a result of reading the Bible, believing that they already knew what it contained, shocked by what they had never been told, and why so many respond with a relentless skepticism that believers can neither understand nor respect.
I never said i follow the bible, i don't believe in it!! I'm a sikh and my sikh faith has taught me to respect good people and i was always taught in christian school that jesus was a good person. I can't change the image i have of jesus in my head, that image helped me soo much, i don't know what the bible says jesus was really like and i don't care either!!

I've never sat down and read the bible like i did the koran or GGS/vedic books, i have read verses here and there, that's all. Everything i known about christianity is from christian school. And then when i went to uni, i made atheist friends/'boyfriends', who would keep telling me to stay away from christianity and christians coz they nuts, but i was like noooooooo they're nice people, but then christians started telling me i'm going to hell coz i'm sikh and no matter how nice i was if i didn't convert i would burn in hell.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But he is speedy Gonzales?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 133,081 - 133,100 of217,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••