Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
133,041 - 133,060 of 224,368 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
yh i know, but she'll have to kill me to do that. I'm not living in a world that doesn't allow me to believe in my religion!!! The saints are the only people that are good on this planet, i'm never going to stop loving them, i'd rather die then live without love!!!!!!
If i can accept people not believing in God, why can't she accept people that believe in him? atheists are murders and rapists too, i don't say, OMG the atheist is a rapist coz he doesn't believe in God. Noooooooooooooo, he's a rapist coz he doesn't understand love!!!! Just coz people say they love God from their mouths, that doesn't mean they love him from their hearts!
And it is the heart kind of love that counts :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, you really shouldn't make such a ridiculous comment in a public forum like this. "A deer running near the ocean and it TURNED into a whale?" Is this really how you believe the process of evolution works? Seriously???
Yes I can see that you don't see the correlation between a running animal the the up and down flexing of a Whales spine as it moves throughout the water. I'm a bit mystified just why you don't. I think, or at least thought you possessed a modicum of intelligence. To that point, I have read your posts and still believe you are capable of intelligent thought, thats why I'm not so sure your acting the poe. Contrary for the sake of being country. It is very difficult for anyone to ignore the mountain of evidence for evolution. Don't you EVER accept information from people much more informed on a subject than yourself? Don't you do it in many phases of your life? The doctor, dentists, neurosurgeon, plumber, car mechanic? As I see it there are only two valid reasons for NOT accepting information from people much more informed that yourself. 1.) You're simply not intelligent enough to understand the information, or 2.) Your religious dogma will not let you accept something that is contrary to that doctrine. Which is it with you?
Other way around, according to the experts;

*** Like the plants, animals evolved in the sea. And that is where they remained for at least 600 million years. This is because, in the absence of a protective ozone layer, the land was bathed in lethal levels of UV radiation. Once photosynthesis had raised atmospheric oxygen levels high enough, the ozone layer formed, meaning that it was then possible for living things to venture onto the land.

The oldest fossil evidence of multicellular animals, or metazoans, is burrows that appear to have been made by smooth, wormlike organisms. Such trace fossils have been found in rocks from China, Canada, and India, but they tell us little about the animals that made them apart from their basic shape.

http://sci.waikato.ac.nz/evolution/AnimalEvol... ***

Everything came from the sea......... if you believe it!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

My imaginary world involves playing an MMO not letting women die by refusing them an abortion. Or holding back life saving scientific progress. Yes my next post was fixed it back to tears instead of years of course you didn't want to comment on that one but your desperation is duly noted. When one lacks facts, like yourself I suppose minor keyboard slip ups are all you can hang your pitiful hat on.

Sorry to have to remind you again but Catholics really are Christians. I know that's mind blowing to a half wit like you but trust me it is true.

BTW you are an idiot not smart enough to do yardwork properly.

Don't you ever get tired of getting factually crushed on here?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As is yours.
<quoted text>
How does one "scream with years"?
FYI, I'm Christian, not Catholic...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

600 million years in the sea ~ just a skip and a hop really!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>18Nov12.....
.....Do you smoke after sex???
Ps:....You have ta 'dink' about dis von.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Don't know, I have never looked.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Hmmm I fixed that onmmy iphone but it didn't stay I guess the bot deleted it as a double post.: shrugs:

I notice God loves the smell of burning flesh especially from little girls as the bible shows. What do you think of that?

:)
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Years rolling down your fat face?
Tears would have read much better... years makes no sense at all! When insulting people, or trying to, it is better to make sense.
Have you ever noticed that when someone is yelling at someone, or trying to belittle them, it is the one doing the yelling or belittling that looks like the bad guy?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Land mammals predominantly move their tales from side to side. A deer is the same, with side to side movement but when alarmed it will raise itís tale up as a warning.
An exception might be the beaver which uses itís tale for swimming. A skunk will raise itís tale vertically in order to spray. There is no indication that whales evolved from neither skunks or beavers.
Whales and dolphins as you have previously pointed out have this very powerful specially designed tale that propels them forward with a up and down movement.
My question to you Doctor, where are the transitional fossils that show this spectacular change from a tale that moves from side to side to a whales that moves up and down?
One jawbone or one bone doesnít constitute a slew of transitional fossils. There should be hundreds of fossils that show each phase of the transition. But thereís not but a few sparse examples. Very sparse examples are known Doctor.
If you are going to win me over with evidence, it slim pickings out there Doctor.
Then by your logic the Whale should still move its tail from side to side. Deers and other animals with tails do not use it for locomotion. You know about the transitional fossils, you posted them a few posts ago. The transitional fossils show the gradual movement of the nostrils toward the top of the head, obviously a much more efficient position to an animal that will spend its life in the sea. You people are famous for that traditional fossil game. You see two fossils and you say "OPPS, there is a gap between fossil one and two, you have no transitional fossils." You really should stop paying attention the the conscience of creationist web sites.

BTW I'm not trying to "win you over" I could care less that you chose to ignore the mountain of evidence available. I'm just curious how anyone with a fair amount of intelligence can do that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself, are you telling us that you have never lied?
You still will not answer the question.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Your God loves the smell burning flesh, especially little girls.

Neato eh?

:)
Serah wrote:

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes darling you are wrong. I learned a long time ago itís not my place to judge people into eternity. Judgment is reserved for God almighty.
Yet you do.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Serah wrote:
Yes Serah, this is how evolution works: fish just jump out of the ocean and magically transform into horses and cows and adorable little puppies.

It's not like we can point out a long list of transitional species or anything.

Something like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transiti...

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
what? she said she was going to wipe me off the planet! how did i not understand it?
And i'm no religious bigot, so i can't be eagle!
What she actually said was, "That's the big issue I have with it, and I will not rest until I see those injustices ended, or religion gone from the planet." Unless you are the personification of religion on the planet, you have misread her and shown a bit of weakness in your ability to comprehend what you read.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{worst examples of design by your almighty designer}.
Here I disagree with you again. I think whales and dolphins are magnificent breathtaking creatures. They are the elite of the ocean creatures.
They tell me our submariners can hear them singing for hundreds of miles in the ocean. I donít know if they are singing the Blues or Country & Western. But theyíre damn sure singing some type of heartache song.
I just hate the thought of countries hunting these magnificently designed intelligent creatures. They have such beauty Doctor. They couldnít have been designed any better. Iím surprised Doctor at your statement and you being a seaman.
I comment on the horrible design of Whales and you respond by telling me how magnificent they are and what a wonderful song they have, too funny. Why not address the comment directly? Do you agree that Whales fare a terribly flawed design?

Yes there could have been designed better, I could have designed them much better here:

1.) I would have given them gills so hunting for food and giving birth would have been much easier. This would also cut down on the number of newborns that drowned before MOM could push them to the surface.

2.)I would have given them a dorsal fin like all other fish, including Dolphins, to make swimming more efficient.

3.) I would have given them a spine more like a fish and sharks were the side to side motion is more efficient.

And they are NOT the elite of the sea Sharks are. Unlike the Whales that have evolved from a land mammal, the shark is so well designed his characteristic have no change in millions of years. Sharks eat Whales, especially baby Whales. The slightest sign of weakness or blood and the sharks amass and tear the whale to bits.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, they're tell-tails.
it's the english language, it's got too many words that sound the same, but spelt differently and have different meanings. Why is it like that?
Because it is a composite of the many languages that have been spoken in the British Isles over the centuries. "Tail," for instance, is Germanic in origin, as is "tale" but from very different roots (taegl vs talu), and they were probably pronounce quite differently from each other in their original forms. In modern English, they are pronounce the same, but the spellings reflect their etymologies.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweets, I do love everyone on this site. How could I say I hate them when I really donít.
I do my best to not tell people theyíre going to hell. Itís not for me to judge people where they are going.
2 Peter 3:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
If that's true, why do you insult and occasionally even abuse some of the people here? Why the name-calling? Don't you realize that loving people is more about how your treat them than anything else?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Serah wrote:
Yep , here I'll sing abut it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, you really shouldn't make such a ridiculous comment in a public forum like this. "A deer running near the ocean and it TURNED into a whale?" Is this really how you believe the process of evolution works? Seriously???
Yes I can see that you don't see the correlation between a running animal the the up and down flexing of a Whales spine as it moves throughout the water. I'm a bit mystified just why you don't. I think, or at least thought you possessed a modicum of intelligence. To that point, I have read your posts and still believe you are capable of intelligent thought, thats why I'm not so sure your acting the poe. Contrary for the sake of being country. It is very difficult for anyone to ignore the mountain of evidence for evolution. Don't you EVER accept information from people much more informed on a subject than yourself? Don't you do it in many phases of your life? The doctor, dentists, neurosurgeon, plumber, car mechanic? As I see it there are only two valid reasons for NOT accepting information from people much more informed that yourself. 1.) You're simply not intelligent enough to understand the information, or 2.) Your religious dogma will not let you accept something that is contrary to that doctrine. Which is it with you?
A friend of mine who I worked with for years was a degreed anthropologist and a devout atheist. Like myself his father was also an atheist. He told me a story of his mother pressuring his Dad to at least introduce the kids to religion.

So his Dad took all the kids and wife to church one day. When they got back home the wife asked him what he thought about the religious service. Very gruffly he replied,ďThatís just too much God da*n religion for me.Ē

His Dad never took the kids to church again. When my buddy told me that I just laughed. Doctor, I kind of feel a bit like my buddyís Dad. When it comes to evolution, Thatís just too much [beep][beep] bull sh*t for me.

I just canít handle that much hyper bull sh*t Doctor. I do have a imagination but itís microscopic compared to the gargantuan unrealistic imagination of these evolutionist. Holy sh*t these people have an imagination. And they get mad if you donít believe like they do.

The imagination of evolution supersedes anything Disney dreamed up. Iím sorry you believe in all that horse sh*t Doctor. I promise I donít think less of you because of it. You just sort of got all caught up in its cult following. My good father believed in all that crap for most of his life. I just couldnít make myself go that far.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The points made by whomever is merely discredited because they are associated with a different point of view?
I donít know this Casey Luskin personally Doctor. I look at the content of what was said and judge it accordingly. So I have went to find out about Casey,
{I am an attorney who works in Seattle, Washington as Program Officer in Public Policy & Legal Affairs with The Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture. Before pursuing law, I studied geology, devoting much of my time to studying evolution and conducting geological research at Scripps Institution for Oceanography}.
Heís no different than you Doctor, heís intelligent, accomplished, and studies outside of his discipline.
He believes in ID there is no science behind ID, anything he has to say is based on NONSCIENCE and is not worth paying attention to. ID has a religious agenda, science simply is the very BEST explanation at the present time, no AGENDA, just facts based on evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Talking some sense into you people... 58 min Cujo 27
What does "Atheism" mean? 1 hr Buck Crick 13
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr Carchar king 4
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Carchar king 243
Introducing The Universal Religion 2 hr Patrick 734
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 18 hr Patrick 385
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Sun DonPanic 21,400
•••
•••