Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245202 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#138346 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
u liars, u LIARS!!! U think i'm that gullible? ok maybe i am! REALLY??? it can't catch fire tho, i'm not believing that!! LOL!
Why the hell did God give us public hair?? That is a question i want to ask God, if i ever meet him!!! BUT WHY????? come on, why did evolution not get rid of that???? come on u clever clogs, tell me??? i ain't meeting God soon!!!!
so dudes got something to grab onto!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#138347 Nov 17, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are good and kind, which is one of the reasons that so much emphasis is put on the more benevolent passages of each religion's scriptures that the more violent, vengeful, and judgmental passages are overlooked or quickly forgotten by those who follow the various credos that are based on them. Reading the Koran (Q'uran), you were taking it in with the same openness with which atheists read, resulting in the same level of shock and horror. But when you read the Bible, you probably do so with the image of a loving Jesus behind it, so it becomes necessary to ignore or obscure the darker parts.
But the dark parts are there, descriptions of horrors supposedly committed by YHWH written in more primitive times when such behavior was admired by savage warriors, tales of more savagery committed in the name of that childish bully of a god by its creators who, ironically, went on to become one of the most intelligent and enlightened peoples in human history in spite of the vile beginnings of their faith.
They did this by changing that faith to suit them better as they developed both as individuals and a society. Christians do much the same after their fashion by rejecting or soft-pedaling the cruelty and violence fond in the bible and replacing it with more modern oral traditions. How much of what you "know" about the Bible comes from the Bible itself and how much comes from what you've heard people--parents, preachers, friends, neighbors, TV evangelists--say about it? Be honest.
This is why so many have become atheists as a result of reading the Bible, believing that they already knew what it contained, shocked by what they had never been told, and why so many respond with a relentless skepticism that believers can neither understand nor respect.
I never said i follow the bible, i don't believe in it!! I'm a sikh and my sikh faith has taught me to respect good people and i was always taught in christian school that jesus was a good person. I can't change the image i have of jesus in my head, that image helped me soo much, i don't know what the bible says jesus was really like and i don't care either!!

I've never sat down and read the bible like i did the koran or GGS/vedic books, i have read verses here and there, that's all. Everything i known about christianity is from christian school. And then when i went to uni, i made atheist friends/'boyfriends', who would keep telling me to stay away from christianity and christians coz they nuts, but i was like noooooooo they're nice people, but then christians started telling me i'm going to hell coz i'm sikh and no matter how nice i was if i didn't convert i would burn in hell.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#138348 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
u liars, u LIARS!!! U think i'm that gullible? ok maybe i am! REALLY??? it can't catch fire tho, i'm not believing that!! LOL!
Why the hell did God give us public hair?? That is a question i want to ask God, if i ever meet him!!! BUT WHY????? come on, why did evolution not get rid of that???? come on u clever clogs, tell me??? i ain't meeting God soon!!!!
But he is speedy Gonzales?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#138349 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Pubic hair is for keeping your naughty bits warm.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#138350 Nov 17, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
So entertaining humans takes priority to giving whale cubs a better chance of survival in your god's design plans? That's kind of sick.
<quoted text>
Most animals communicate in some way and have some kind of language. Bees for example have different 'dances' they perform to tell other bees where they can find flowers.
<quoted text>
So sharks aren't 'cute' and don't roll over and play dead for fish, that doesn't mean they are somehow less evolved. When talking about evolution we're talking about which animal has best evolved to adapt to their environment, not which animal has evolved to be more entertaining to an audience at Sea World.
Playing basketball is not a useful skill when trying to survive in an ocean. In fact, it's not even a necessary skill when trying to survive at Sea World...
Also if all animals were designed by an omnipotent god, shouldn't they all their designs be equally perfect? You know, including the preprogrammed biological robot...
Gee, you can't be saying god is imperfect.

:)

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#138351 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u want me to change my name to clementine? lol
is basket case like a nut job?
A nut job is when you...

Ah, nevermind. You're innocent.

Location hidden

#138352 Nov 17, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But he is speedy Gonzales?
andele arriba arriba arrrriba!! hehehehe, don't u just wish cartoons were real? i do!

who is?

Location hidden

#138353 Nov 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Pubic hair is for keeping your naughty bits warm.
no it's not, that's what clothes are for! it's a mistake!!!!!!! and so is men having nipples heheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee lllol!!! evolution is funny!

“Rising”

Milky Way

#138355 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
andele arriba arriba arrrriba!! hehehehe, don't u just wish cartoons were real? i do!
who is?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#138356 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
no it's not, that's what clothes are for! it's a mistake!!!!!!! and so is men having nipples heheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee lllol!!! evolution is funny!
Clothing is optional.

Didn't you see the sign?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#138357 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u want me to change my name to clementine? lol
is basket case like a nut job?
Basket case is like hopeless, beyond help.

I like the name Clementine. You don't have to change your name, but do you mind if I call you that?

If you prefer, I can call you Clementia, it's ok.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#138358 Nov 17, 2012
Oh hmmm...

&fe ature=related

Long Beach, CA

#138359 Nov 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry sir, you are an idiot!!!!
Clementine, that's another definition of a basket case.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#138360 Nov 17, 2012
OMGosh!

&fe ature=related
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

#138361 Nov 17, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you can't be saying god is imperfect.
:)
I wouldn't dare commit such blasphemy ;)

I might suggest that their god, creator of black widow spiders, the black plague and vampire fish that swim up a man's penis, has a bit of a sadistic streak though ...

And then I remember he's a part of their collective delusion and that makes me happy.

Location hidden

#138362 Nov 17, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is a composite of the many languages that have been spoken in the British Isles over the centuries. "Tail," for instance, is Germanic in origin, as is "tale" but from very different roots (taegl vs talu), and they were probably pronounce quite differently from each other in their original forms. In modern English, they are pronounce the same, but the spellings reflect their etymologies.
Oh, thank for that!:-))

i think i overreacted to what kitten said. well i'm human too, even i loose it sometimes!!

i'm sorry kitten!!!!

Location hidden

#138363 Nov 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Clothing is optional.
Didn't you see the sign?
lol what sign? oh blumin heck, why don't i get stuff????

Long Beach, CA

#138364 Nov 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>A lawyer eh. See if I can get some free information. I was told by an advisor that a living trust would be better than a will. However the cost of this trust was 2 grand. I have been told that a will is in the vicinity of 600 to 1,000. I'm probably being rude here, sorry, and I'll understand completely if you don't care to respond.
There are differences from state to state, but yes, generally a living trust is generally far preferable to a will. This is especially the case if you are (or even were) married, have children, own real property, have a business, or have a sizable estate.

Fees can vary. Boston of course tends to be high-end, but you should be able to find a sole practitioner or a small firm that specializes in estate planning, for a fee closer to what you quote here for a will. I have attorney friends (in large firms) who might know of somebody. If you're interested, send me a pm and I can inquire.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#138365 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol what sign? oh blumin heck, why don't i get stuff????
Can you see my avatar picture?

It might not be visible yet. Topix is sometimes slow to check avatar pics.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#138366 Nov 17, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know, I have never looked.
18Nov12.....

......annudder schidt-for-brains dat just got up and copied Catcher.

Ps:....You 'richardFU' really are an eeejit.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min dirtclod 20,730
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 49 min Eagle 12 11,079
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr thetruth 14,671
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 11 hr Shizle 23
John 3:16 18 hr Thinking 98
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Mon Thinking 19
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 31 thetruth 42
More from around the web