Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#138225 Nov 17, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I don't *like*(unscientific, I know) the idea of infestation, but it certainly works for some.
<quoted text>
I'm going to argue in an upcoming paper that liking and not liking parasitic worms is cultural. Developed nations find them utterly disgusting, but many low-tech cultures believe they're essential for health.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#138227 Nov 17, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's what Eagle's like on meth?
Christian Speed Dating

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138228 Nov 17, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to argue in an upcoming paper that liking and not liking parasitic worms is cultural. Developed nations find them utterly disgusting, but many low-tech cultures believe they're essential for health.
What kind of parasitic worms?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#138229 Nov 17, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of parasitic worms?
Helminth worms. Ascaris, hookworm, whipworm. But for auto-immune disorders, you want something that doesn't cause so many symptoms, so people are trying pig worms (Trichuris suis).

Here's an interesting news piece:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AllergiesNews/st...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#138230 Nov 17, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How would low tech cultures know they were beneficial? Wouldn't that take a bit of modern scientific expertise and study to figure out?

Caution, your answer may be used against you,

Location hidden

#138231 Nov 17, 2012
http://slutever.com/

San Francisco Sex Mecca

Enlightenment. Topix atheists should like this.

Open public streets to the playing out and glorification of fantasies. You be the judge. Take your children to watch.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#138232 Nov 17, 2012
It's funny to pop in every once in a while at my leisure and see all the atheists that don't have enough faith in their disbelief as atheists.

Nothing pleases me more than seeing the failures and worries of atheists.

Their anger, empty excuses , and outbursts of Christian persecution proves my point.

Location hidden

#138233 Nov 17, 2012
http://www.cnn.com/video/...

I wonder if that is Hiding's hero?

The Church of Scientism

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138235 Nov 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
It's funny to pop in every once in a while
Makes me chuckle.

Can you give us a timeline?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138236 Nov 17, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://slutever.com/
San Francisco Sex Mecca
Enlightenment. Topix atheists should like this.
Open public streets to the playing out and glorification of fantasies. You be the judge. Take your children to watch.
You're not a fan of fashion?

Grey sweat pants, Tshirt, black socks and sandals?

Rock it, baby.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#138237 Nov 17, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Helminth worms. Ascaris, hookworm, whipworm. But for auto-immune disorders, you want something that doesn't cause so many symptoms, so people are trying pig worms (Trichuris suis).
Here's an interesting news piece:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AllergiesNews/st...
Cat, the other yellow meat.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138239 Nov 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You Atheist love to use the word,“meltdown.”
How ironic, that’s exactly what the Nazi’s did to the Jews.
Please be more accurate, "Thats what the Christian Nazi's did to the Jew's. Being as clear as possible is important in these discussions.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#138240 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What is you problem with religious people? What have I done or said to you, that you keep calling me delusional? huh? some atheists are fanatics too, it seems!
ok, kitten and u guys goodnite! it's too late now, i have to get some sleep! sweet dreams guys!!:)
It's concern for the human species and general safety of humanity. When a person who maintains a delusional state congregates with others who support that delusion it eventually turns into violence or progresses into something worse, and then we see the Salem witch hunts all over again. Crowds of delusional people will hide and mask even more dangerous behaviors and exceptionally unstable individuals, preventing us from finding them before it's too late. Do you prefer we wait until murderers kill, then have to put them to death because they are beyond help?

Delusion also opens the door for many other abusive behaviors, such as drug and alcohol abuse. Of course I haven't even gotten to the fact that religion teaches people to be weak, useless, and incapable as a method of it's indoctrination.

Perhaps instead of looking to mythology for false strength and support, you should find where your own personality is lacking, and correct that. Of course what you do with your life is not really the important factor. In the US many people are denied the ability to help themselves because of religious notions, ideas, that are intended to keep them weak. That's the big issue I have with it, and I will not rest until I see those injustices ended, or religion gone from the planet.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#138241 Nov 17, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Cat, the other yellow meat.
That's not true , you know it is pink!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#138242 Nov 17, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Nov12.....
....always remember that when you are dealing with 'dinKing', you are dealing with the most foul of the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists in TOPIX Forums.
Ps> 'dinKing' is da king of schidt-for-brains....and by da vey, he's spending a lotta time down at the BBC under investigation lately.
He is a reknown paedophile.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
lol, thanks Bobby!

What the hell is goin on at the BBC? Things just come out of thin air! God give me strength!!!

Location hidden

#138243 Nov 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's concern for the human species and general safety of humanity. When a person who maintains a delusional state congregates with others who support that delusion it eventually turns into violence or progresses into something worse, and then we see the Salem witch hunts all over again. Crowds of delusional people will hide and mask even more dangerous behaviors and exceptionally unstable individuals, preventing us from finding them before it's too late. Do you prefer we wait until murderers kill, then have to put them to death because they are beyond help?
Delusion also opens the door for many other abusive behaviors, such as drug and alcohol abuse. Of course I haven't even gotten to the fact that religion teaches people to be weak, useless, and incapable as a method of it's indoctrination.
Perhaps instead of looking to mythology for false strength and support, you should find where your own personality is lacking, and correct that. Of course what you do with your life is not really the important factor. In the US many people are denied the ability to help themselves because of religious notions, ideas, that are intended to keep them weak. That's the big issue I have with it, and I will not rest until I see those injustices ended, or religion gone from the planet.
OMG! Your're a atheist nut! Why can't you nuts live in peace?

Being very close to atheists, I always thought that they were very nice human-beings, but meeting you i found out that not all of them are. Honestly, you are the first atheist nut i have ever met!

I don't drink, smoke or take drugs!! But what are you on???

so are you going to have me killed? you going to be an atheist Hitler and start killing religious people?

Location hidden

#138244 Nov 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
With so many questions you won't be able to sleep for a week it seems! Lol
:)
;)
:D
XD
<quoted text>
Don't say that pls, I haven't been able to sleep for the past week, i can't take no more!!!!!!!!

I know you're up to something! something very fishy!!!:-?

Location hidden

#138245 Nov 17, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
good tobacco paper if it's the one with thin pages
smoking is bad for you!

Location hidden

#138246 Nov 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[hugs] The world needs more love.
>:D<!!!

It needs true love, from the heart!! Not just pretend love.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#138247 Nov 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Your're a atheist nut! Why can't you nuts live in peace?
Being very close to atheists, I always thought that they were very nice human-beings, but meeting you i found out that not all of them are. Honestly, you are the first atheist nut i have ever met!
I don't drink, smoke or take drugs!! But what are you on???
so are you going to have me killed? you going to be an atheist Hitler and start killing religious people?
You shouldn't have responded to that post if you didn't understand it.

Also, you're looking a lot like Eagle in this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 40 min Eman 22,413
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 43 min Reason Personified 7
Our world came from nothing? 55 min Patrick n Angela 492
Indiana Governor Mike Pence Stands Up to Atheis... 1 hr nOgOd 1
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 1 hr sava 3
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 3 hr Patrick n Angela 4,511
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 5 hr hpcaban 348
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE