Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#138190 Nov 16, 2012
It's time to go and refuel, turning and burning.

Love you guys.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#138191 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist have to believe in evolution. They donít have a choice. A Christian doesnít have to believe it. Some do and some like myself donít. Itís completely optional to us.
I had it in high school but it was brief and we moved on.
Those that dedicate to a specific science major in college get more evolution indoctrination. Especially those in archeology, biology, anthropology.
My Son will soon graduate with his second graduate degree and this one will be in science. He had the evolution courses recently. And they failed at the university level to sway him to believe in evolution.
Tim, millions of people believe in it because they were taught that. And millions donít believe it like myself. We have been talking about whales lately. Thereís very sparse fossil evidence. Some fossils but not enough to show a transition from a deer to a whale.
Evolutionist will take one fossil, a jawbone and hand full of other bones then jump for joy. Claiming this is the link. The undeniable evidence. Theyíre going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that.
Human fossil evidence is even more sparse. A bone here, a fragment there, another fragment. Pile on top of that a lot of hype and you have evolution.
You asked for it, Timn

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#138192 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to tell us you have never lied? You keep avoiding the question.
Stop been a coward. Stop trying to deflect
You said I have posted lies yet you have NEVER show one one post where I have lied.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#138193 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist have to believe in evolution. They donít have a choice. A Christian doesnít have to believe it. Some do and some like myself donít. Itís completely optional to us.
I had it in high school but it was brief and we moved on.
Those that dedicate to a specific science major in college get more evolution indoctrination. Especially those in archeology, biology, anthropology.
My Son will soon graduate with his second graduate degree and this one will be in science. He had the evolution courses recently. And they failed at the university level to sway him to believe in evolution.
Tim, millions of people believe in it because they were taught that. And millions donít believe it like myself. We have been talking about whales lately. Thereís very sparse fossil evidence. Some fossils but not enough to show a transition from a deer to a whale.
Evolutionist will take one fossil, a jawbone and hand full of other bones then jump for joy. Claiming this is the link. The undeniable evidence. Theyíre going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that.
Human fossil evidence is even more sparse. A bone here, a fragment there, another fragment. Pile on top of that a lot of hype and you have evolution.
The world needs more intelligence.

Embrace the grey.

#138194 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for it, Timn
Should we call an ambulance?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#138195 Nov 16, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Imaginary things are just for silly people,
LOL
grow up
That's not true.

http://www.deshow.net/d/file/cartoon/2009-06/...

Embrace the grey.

#138196 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for it, Timn
The damn ambulance is late.

I know those guys who drive it.

Jimn and Samn.

They sometimes go to the beach on a whimn.

Location hidden

#138197 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[hugs] The world needs more love.
http://www.nighttours.com/gaypride/

Embrace the grey.

#138198 Nov 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
Does Disney know about Disney Gay Days?

I always thought Goofy was a little gay.

"Garsh Mickey! Oh Garsh! Gaaaarsh! Yaahaaahoooeeeey!"

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#138199 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
First I appreciate safe oil well drilling operations. We need oil and gas. Bob, Iím from Houston Texas. I never worked on a oil platform but I did work in the Petro-Chemical industry for 32 years as a Production Shift Superintendent and in Production Engineering.
I have conducted thousands of accident investigations. Most of them were minor but a few were in the major category. One that comes to mind was the decomposition of a chemical in 8 x 55 gallon drums. I had argued with the engineer that this decomposition needed to be done in the lab first. Then a procedure written up on how to do it.
He fought me on this and the operator pumped 8 drums of this toxic chemical into a glass lined 3,000 gallon reactor. The reactor contained about a thousand gallons of 15% caustic before the charge of the 8 drums. It took a few minutes but the reaction started a dynamic exothermic reaction.
Alarms began going off on the computer control system. We had printers that would print every alarm. The printers started going crazy. The reactor pressured up and blew off the 200 pound man way cover. A geyser shot out of the reactor like old faithful.
It was a freaking mess and the wind carried this material to our main power grid coming into the facility. The main fuses on the power grid blew out and causing a complete shutdown of all systems. This little incident cost the company boo coos of money because all process units shutdown.
No one was hurt except the pride of one arrogant engineer.
17Nov12.....

.....Fine for that.

Ps:.....BUT do not use a coupla examples dat makes ALL engineeers and technicians in Oil and Gas industry look like eeejits.

BobLoblay has been there for 40+ yearsand 25+ as Project Manager and was raised with oil in BobLoblah's veins. Been there. Done that.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#138200 Nov 16, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
17Nov12.....

.....Your ILK always try to take down something dat's sacred.

Ps:....You owe ELMO (of Sesame Street fame) an apology because annudder hAtheist like you took advantage of his name to feed his paedophilia.

Go Figure, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#138201 Nov 16, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Nov12.....
.....Your ILK always try to take down something dat's sacred.
Ps:....You owe ELMO (of Sesame Street fame) an apology because annudder hAtheist like you took advantage of his name to feed his paedophilia.
Go Figure, ya schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Warning spam attack

Location hidden

#138202 Nov 16, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Goofy

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#138203 Nov 17, 2012
With so many questions you won't be able to sleep for a week it seems! Lol

:)
;)
:D
XD
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
yh i did know that. lol
what do u want? why u being nice? why o why?
did u miss me too much? llllllol
redneck, make more bloody mistakes, I'm enjoying liberty guy being nice to me!!
love the faces, keep em comin!:-)
u better not start picking on me again! that's not a empty threat, i'm kindly requesting that u don't, sir!:)

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#138204 Nov 17, 2012
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138205 Nov 17, 2012
I've only recently rejoined the fray but it smelt of Poe very quickly to me- thanks for the confirmation.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, Poe for sure.
But delightful nevertheless.
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138206 Nov 17, 2012
I don't *like*(unscientific, I know) the idea of infestation, but it certainly works for some.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Helminth worms, baby, the wave of the future :)
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138207 Nov 17, 2012
But then the infections would form a power bloc against the cooperative bacteria and who knows where that would lead...

If you arranged all the bacteria in the world in a line, one of them would wriggle and spoil it.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we'd negotiate with "ok, but you have to do a better job fighting our infections for us."

Location hidden

#138208 Nov 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc -blogs/oklahoma-judge-sentence s-teen-church-10-years-2049202 27--abc-news-topstories.html
Let the jokes begin!
Oklahoma Highway Patrol issued a Breathalyzer at the time, and although Alred was under the state's legal alcohol limit, he had been drinking underage.

Oklahoma's measure for underage drinking is 0.02 blood to alcohol content.

Most kids would rather go to church than jail. Church has boys and girls depending on his preference.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

SŲdertšlje, Sweden

#138209 Nov 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell, you donít say, I use ďThe God DelusionĒ
by Richard Dawkins to steady my table.
But Dawkins book has another function. When we run out of toilet paper, I have to pull it out and rip off two or three pages and use it to wipe my a**. Its a little course but hey, that's atheism for you.
use bible pages as tobacco paper

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 18 min Eagle 12 2,173
God' existence 3 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 4 hr Geezerjock 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 1,436
Australia: black magic pervert retard 5 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 7 hr ChristineM 366