Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,646)

Showing posts 132,901 - 132,920 of216,686
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask these people why bacteria is so important;
Yeah, the Japanese "medical research" aka torture of patients was every bit as bad as the Nazis. I apologize. Those people should have been tried for crimes against humanity, along with the emperor. They weren't, and that was a failure of justice on the part of Western powers.

In terms of bacteria, you cannot live without them. Some of the genes that your immune system relies upon are only found in bacteria. Some of the genes that you rely upon for digestion are only found in your gut bacteria.

This is an example of "coevolution." We evolved with these bacteria. Since evolution is efficient, it will only allow for one set of genes in a system of gene pools (human + bacteria gene pools is our system), many of the genes were lost in the free living animal (us).
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
It is?
Where is it?
Can we see it?
Can we touch it?
Can we hear it?
<quoted text>
Really! You are the judge and jury?
<quoted text>
Again.
Satan is real?
Where is Satan?
Can we see Satan?
Can we touch Satan?
Can we hear Satan?
Can we talk to Satan?
If what you say is true please show us the proof of your truth.
http://dickiebo.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/j...
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
like u can focus on santa, silly! come on, even the kids can do it, get with it u oldy!:)
Imaginary things are just for silly people,
LOL
grow up

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Land mammals predominantly move their tales from side to side.
Yes, Eagle! You've just taken your first step as a morphologist!

Cetaceans don't use "tails" like land mammals do. They use their abdomen to move their massive tails - it's a whole body motion instead of a small limb motion. The mammalian abdomen moves in which direction?

That's right - dorsal/ventral (front to back). That's exactly what we would expect if mammals evolved into whales.

Now you understand a little more about tails and a little more about whales, and how they are linked to mammals. Good job!

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Crohn's, asthma, eczema. All examples of what an immune system gets up to when it's out of a job.
<quoted text>
Helminth worms, baby, the wave of the future :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
As I stated “With a lot of religions” not all, but as with all religions it must be contained and monitored to keep it in check.
If one becomes a mindless follower of the flock it can transform into something totally different.
You must think for yourself at all times, and watch for the slow and subtle changes.
No one should become as a god even the god you look for and worship.
what, my God that loves everyone? the God that loves straight people and gays? blacks, whites, browns etc..he loves them all! what u sayin i shouldn't become like that? lol dw i couldn't love paedophiles, i don't care if my God does.

I understand what you're saying, but again most people don't use their brain, so they going to take 1 section of religion and focus on that and become fanatics! I guess some people are just crazy!

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Thinking wrote:
But maybe they'd call for disarmament talks regarding our stockpiles of antibiotics.
<quoted text>
Then we'd negotiate with "ok, but you have to do a better job fighting our infections for us."

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The points made by whomever is merely discredited because they are associated with a different point of view?
It's because he's being dishonest. He's not a cetacean scholar and doesn't base his writing on actual evidence but strange ideas that he has.

That's not science, not even slightly.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The red light at the intersection tells you what to do. Everybody tells you what to do. If you go to the grocerie store do you think you can do whatever your please without consequences? You can think whatever you want but it is always better if your thoughts conform with reality.
<quoted text> It society it is their way or prison in may cases. It's not like you can cruse down the interstate at 110 mph without other taking notice.
<quoted text> If your post is an example of someone who uses their brain than i am not seeing it. Your analysis is hostile and one sided and indicative of a mind the size of a mustard seed.
It is nice to see that you display the examples I stated to look out for.

You show your hate very well.

Are you one of the blind followers of the flock?

I cannot make you understand, but if you want to show your ignorance then at least you have a chance to learn, now if it is stupidity then you are lost.

The truth of religions history hurts you. I am sorry, but it is true.

With that said religion has done a lot of good as well as bad, but do you not think it should concentrate only on doing good?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Imaginary things are just for silly people,
LOL
grow up
u grow down, u weirdo! lol

I can't grow up, coz i'm silly! well, you're the one that said it!

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{the whale has a vertical shape to its spine much more adapted to running. Watch any land dwelling animal run and you will see EXACTLY the same motion as a whale moving throughout the water}.
I’m sorry Doctor I don’t see any correlation with whales and land animals running. None what so ever. Neither am I aware of any land animals with blow holes.
Again it takes a stretch, I mean a hell of a stretch of the imagination to believe a deer or whatever animal was running near the ocean and then turned into a whale. Hey, it’s your life, if you want to believe that, ok, but I just can’t. It’s waaaaaaaaaaay too far fetched for me.
Wow, it's tough for you, hey?

When you are doing sit ups, what part of your body are you using? The abs.

When swimmers move like this, what do they look like:

From 20-24 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

That's how mammals swim to maximize a streamline shape. That's one clue telling us that whales evolved from mammals.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Well don't be too hard on yourself you did outsmart riverside redneck who doesn't know that Catholics are Christians so hey two thumbs up there.:)
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you posing to be? What are you? Atheist or christian?
FYI...I'm abit sloooooooooooow! you have to be frank with me, dear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A little course?
Do you really mean that?
heheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee OMG!!

Who makes more mistakes, me or eagle?

catcher, who is this 'thinking' poster?

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the hell did you dig up that crack head, lol.
Uhm...they're just speeding up his speaking and removing some of the words.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
what, my God that loves everyone? the God that loves straight people and gays? blacks, whites, browns etc..he loves them all! what u sayin i shouldn't become like that? lol dw i couldn't love paedophiles, i don't care if my God does.
I understand what you're saying, but again most people don't use their brain, so they going to take 1 section of religion and focus on that and become fanatics! I guess some people are just crazy!
I was not trying to degrade your belief just pointing out reality. From what I have read about your belief system it is as of yet to comment any of the atrocities that most other religions have perpetrated on this world.

Others here of religious belief take any truth in statements as an insult without truly looking at were their religious belief system came from. That is where the blind leading the blind system came from.

I am not trying to change anyones faith but challenge it.
Make them think for themself and not just, what you are told.
Throughout history, man was told what to believe, could not, and was not allowed to even read the text.

Control of man and his faith or belief was and is a powerful tool to control him. If you would go as sheep to slaughter then you are blind and cannot know the truth.

I live my life the way I want to be treated and not the way that others tell me or mandate so that I will be in some heavenly place. That is extortion and terrorism in my view. Reading the whole bible “word of god” has shown me that there cannot be a god, but I do not disallow others beliefs unless that belief becomes overbearing, pushy, and harmful to others and at times all religious beliefs become just that.

Too much harm, unjust, crime, murders, bigotry have been in the name of religion. Too many words in the “good Book” justify the above. Too many follow the words. Too many do not understand where the book came from. Too many believe it came from a god and not men that wrote it. The book took hundreds of years to be written, transcribed and interpreted. That is why the bible cannot be trusted as a source.

Live your life in peace and stay true to yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well don't be too hard on yourself you did outsmart riverside redneck who doesn't know that Catholics are Christians so hey two thumbs up there.:)
<quoted text>
OMG! LOL! I missed alot then!

awww thanks, next time i want a smiley face sticker, when i outsmart redneck. I have a feelin it's goin to happen again! LOL, SORRY REDNECK!

r u still calling me a dog, tho?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

You show your hate very well.
As do you. In my case it had more to do with disgust.
Are you one of the blind followers of the flock?
Believe Christ resurrected. What is a blind follower of the flock mean? What does religion tell you to do that you do not want to do?
I cannot make you understand, but if you want to show your ignorance then at least you have a chance to learn, now if it is stupidity then you are lost.
To quote you.''you show your hate very well.''
The truth of religions history hurts you. I am sorry, but it is true.
I don't know how religions history hurts me. Are you a young person?
With that said religion has done a lot of good as well as bad, but do you not think it should concentrate only on doing good?
Yes. But not at the cost of truth telling.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Hey I was just giving credit where credit is due. You knew Catholics are Christian and he didn't.:)

:)
XD
;)
:P

How is that for smiley faces?
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! LOL! I missed alot then!
awww thanks, next time i want a smiley face sticker, when i outsmart redneck. I have a feelin it's goin to happen again! LOL, SORRY REDNECK!
r u still calling me a dog, tho?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

<quoted text>
I was not trying to degrade your belief just pointing out reality. From what I have read about your belief system it is as of yet to comment any of the atrocities that most other religions have perpetrated on this world.
Others here of religious belief take any truth in statements as an insult without truly looking at were their religious belief system came from. That is where the blind leading the blind system came from.
I am not trying to change anyones faith but challenge it.
Make them think for themself and not just, what you are told.
Throughout history, man was told what to believe, could not, and was not allowed to even read the text.
Control of man and his faith or belief was and is a powerful tool to control him. If you would go as sheep to slaughter then you are blind and cannot know the truth.
I live my life the way I want to be treated and not the way that others tell me or mandate so that I will be in some heavenly place. That is extortion and terrorism in my view. Reading the whole bible “word of god” has shown me that there cannot be a god, but I do not disallow others beliefs unless that belief becomes overbearing, pushy, and harmful to others and at times all religious beliefs become just that.
Too much harm, unjust, crime, murders, bigotry have been in the name of religion. Too many words in the “good Book” justify the above. Too many follow the words. Too many do not understand where the book came from. Too many believe it came from a god and not men that wrote it. The book took hundreds of years to be written, transcribed and interpreted. That is why the bible cannot be trusted as a source.
Live your life in peace and stay true to yourself.
Sikhi doesn't know everything and it says just that! we r sikhs(learners) and we are here to learn, that's all we know!

I agree. sikhi is against idol worship for lots of logical/ethical reasons, but if you want to worship a stone we not going to stop you, but if that belief is causing pain to others then something has to be done.

If you ever read sikh history, you will know that sikhi was never forced on anybody. All baba nanak said was "look at the world with one eye". Don't discriminate and treat everyone equal.

and we don't believe in hell/heaven or the devil!

the GGS was written by the guru jis themselves.

I agree, live and let live!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey I was just giving credit where credit is due. You knew Catholics are Christian and he didn't.:)
XD
;)
:P
How is that for smiley faces?
<quoted text>
yh i did know that. lol

what do u want? why u being nice? why o why?

did u miss me too much? llllllol

redneck, make more bloody mistakes, I'm enjoying liberty guy being nice to me!!

love the faces, keep em comin!:-)

u better not start picking on me again! that's not a empty threat, i'm kindly requesting that u don't, sir!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 132,901 - 132,920 of216,686
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••