Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#138170 Nov 16, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
17Nov12.........always remember that when youare dealing with 'dinKing', youare dealing withthe most foul ofthe hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists in TOPIX Forums. Ps> 'dinKing' is da king of schidt-for-brains....and by da vey, he's spendinga lotta time downat the BBC under investigation lately. He isa reknown paedophile. Foreverand Ever BobLoblah
17Nov12..........INaddition 'dinKing' isa jealous paedophileand while hehas a good head on him, toooooo bad its onthe top of his dick. Ps:....'dinKing's' speciality is 'managea Twaats' with his sisterand mommy while his wifeyand daddy carry onas transvestites in da udder room....The hole (sic) family live inDildo.The Dildo area has a long history, goingas far backas 2000 BC when MaritimeArchaicaboriginal people residedatAnderson's Cove. By 700AD, people ofthe Dorset culture inhabitedDildo Island. In 1613, Henry Crout, whilst sailing upDildo Arm, came in contact withthe Beothuks, who were residing onDildo Islandat this time. He traded withthemand left gifts. In 1711the inhabitants of Trinity Bay were ordered by Governor Crow to leavetheir homes duringthe winter, to defendthemselvesagainstthe French, who burnedtheir houses.Dildo Island was one ofthe places designated for this purpose.The town ofDildo was founded inthe late 18th centuryand settled to exploitthe abundance of marine resources suchas fish (mostly cod), whalesand seals.[7] Dinkabout dat toooooooo....and onceagain, BobLoblah has gotALL Lying posters readingUP.And so its dime fora drop of da 'red'. Foreverand Ever BobLoblah

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#138171 Nov 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Unable to dispute facts? Check.
Totally reliant on childish ad hom? Check.
Daffy as usual fails in epic proportions? Check.
Oh well you are here for our personal amusement after all.
<quoted text>
Go bait a hook stinkbait.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#138172 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. vestigial
2. vestigial
3. pseudogenes denote ancestry
4. co-evolution with fruit plants

9 out of 10 Creationist's believe the brain is a vestigial organ.

Southern Illinois

#138173 Nov 16, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharks.
Sharks are often thought of as the felines of the sea, and rightfully so. Their diversity and capability in the water has made it possible for them to exist without much change over millions of years. They can kill almost anything, if they have the mind to, and even in a feeding frenzy manage to protect their own. They have been known to topple ships, and more myths about them are known to any sea culture. Even the fresh water sharks can take you out.
Let's not forget the giant squid.
Giant squids grow large enough to consume killer whales, those are the really big ones in case you don't know. Yet they maintain the agility of their smaller counterparts. Darting through the water like leaves in the wind.
Oh, but what about the piranha!
Love these buggers, capable of stripping a cow to the bone in minutes. They are ravenous fish, which swim faster than pretty much anything. They feed in packs, strategically stripping their prey by ripping it apart while they eat it, bite by bite. A single piranha is little to no threat, but a pack of them will devour anything.
You don't get out much, do you?
Thank you, I think the ocean is a beautiful place.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#138174 Nov 16, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Nov12.....
.....Your fellow Brits can describe in vivid details the treatment of prisoners held by the Japs in the Burma camps and in Japland itself.
However, the Japs in Burma got their comeuppance when Burma was liberated.
Ps:.....You should be made to make da same 'death march'. Dat would bring you to prayer.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Oh Hiya Blob , is being obnoxious a god given talent , or do you practice....Oh n/m we can see you're a natural.

Southern Illinois

#138175 Nov 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I don't like hurting people, ok! I personally don't agree with some things written in the Bible, but I have met nice christians too, so for them i don't want to say nasty things to their religion. If that is what helps them become better people then that is fine with me. I said before that we are responsible for our own actions, we need to stop blaming religion for everything. God gave us a brain, we should use it!!!
[hugs] The world needs more love.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#138176 Nov 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
9 out of 10 Creationist's believe the brain is a vestigial organ.
For 9 out of 10 Creationists, it is.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#138177 Nov 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
heheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee OMG!!
Who makes more mistakes, me or eagle?
catcher, who is this 'thinking' poster?
Eagle IS a mistake.

You're doing fine.

Thinking thinks a lot. You'll have to get used to him.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#138178 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{worst examples of design by your almighty designer}.
I just hate the thought of countries hunting these magnificently designed intelligent creatures. They have such beauty Doctor. They couldnít have been designed any better. Iím surprised Doctor at your statement and you being a seaman.
You are literally impervious to any information that conflicts with your world view. You've been given many, many good pieces of information on evolution and you just cover your eyes and basically say that since you don't understand it, it can't possibly be true. Cmon man. It's getting annoying. Waxing poetic about the beauty of the dolphins doesn't prove that they were designed (not to mention you completely ignored the information that contradicts your design hypothesis).

Location hidden

#138179 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell, you donít say, I use ďThe God DelusionĒ
by Richard Dawkins to steady my table.
But Dawkins book has another function. When we run out of toilet paper, I have to pull it out and rip off two or three pages and use it to wipe my a**. Its a little course but hey, that's atheism for you.
*coarse

Therefore, your argument is invalid.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#138180 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[hugs] The world needs more love.
And less bigotry.

Location hidden

#138181 Nov 16, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want truth, here it is, the bible is the most gory, violent, hate filled book of smut on the planet. Even the Koran, or however that's spelled, has less blood, guts, torture, killing, raping, and genocide in it. The god in the bible is a monster, who even Cthulhu would be hard pressed to match on a good day.
Don't you *dare* insult my Cthulhu! The biblical god is but an insect compared to him.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#138182 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go bait a hook stinkbait.
"The world needs more love."

Location hidden

#138183 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. vestigial
2. vestigial
3. pseudogenes denote ancestry
4. co-evolution with fruit plants
Thank you, but we weren't supposed to give away the answers to eagle. Since I doubt he will ever "join our team," my goal is to convince him that he worships a trickster god.

Location hidden

#138184 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm...they're just speeding up his speaking and removing some of the words.
Eagle didn't get that. But it was kind of funny to watch it from his "point of view," meaning that I didn't allow myself to see the obvious video editing.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#138185 Nov 16, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"The world needs more love."
And less bigotry.

Southern Illinois

#138186 Nov 16, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Nov12.....
.....What you have to say about Oil & Gas engineers and their operating methodologies and happenstances is said in 'generalities' and oftenTimes is taken out of context by people that no hardly anything about the business. To refer to the very small minority as 'smart asses' will be reflected on the industy's finest as a 'Whole'.
Ps:....The smart asses applies to less than 0.5 per cent. This tells me that you have NOT met toooooooo many.
Some 38,000 wells had been drilled with fault in the Gulf up until the Horizon problem, and that's a damn fine record.
By the vey, can you give BobLoblah an example of an 'accident investigation, that you participated in.
.....Just curious. Yellow.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
First I appreciate safe oil well drilling operations. We need oil and gas. Bob, Iím from Houston Texas. I never worked on a oil platform but I did work in the Petro-Chemical industry for 32 years as a Production Shift Superintendent and in Production Engineering.

I have conducted thousands of accident investigations. Most of them were minor but a few were in the major category. One that comes to mind was the decomposition of a chemical in 8 x 55 gallon drums. I had argued with the engineer that this decomposition needed to be done in the lab first. Then a procedure written up on how to do it.

He fought me on this and the operator pumped 8 drums of this toxic chemical into a glass lined 3,000 gallon reactor. The reactor contained about a thousand gallons of 15% caustic before the charge of the 8 drums. It took a few minutes but the reaction started a dynamic exothermic reaction.

Alarms began going off on the computer control system. We had printers that would print every alarm. The printers started going crazy. The reactor pressured up and blew off the 200 pound man way cover. A geyser shot out of the reactor like old faithful.

It was a freaking mess and the wind carried this material to our main power grid coming into the facility. The main fuses on the power grid blew out and causing a complete shutdown of all systems. This little incident cost the company boo coos of money because all process units shutdown.

No one was hurt except the pride of one arrogant engineer.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#138187 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
First I appreciate safe oil well drilling operations. We need oil and gas. Bob, Iím from Houston Texas. I never worked on a oil platform but I did work in the Petro-Chemical industry for 32 years as a Production Shift Superintendent and in Production Engineering.
I have conducted thousands of accident investigations. Most of them were minor but a few were in the major category. One that comes to mind was the decomposition of a chemical in 8 x 55 gallon drums. I had argued with the engineer that this decomposition needed to be done in the lab first. Then a procedure written up on how to do it.
He fought me on this and the operator pumped 8 drums of this toxic chemical into a glass lined 3,000 gallon reactor. The reactor contained about a thousand gallons of 15% caustic before the charge of the 8 drums. It took a few minutes but the reaction started a dynamic exothermic reaction.
Alarms began going off on the computer control system. We had printers that would print every alarm. The printers started going crazy. The reactor pressured up and blew off the 200 pound man way cover. A geyser shot out of the reactor like old faithful.
It was a freaking mess and the wind carried this material to our main power grid coming into the facility. The main fuses on the power grid blew out and causing a complete shutdown of all systems. This little incident cost the company boo coos of money because all process units shutdown.
No one was hurt except the pride of one arrogant engineer.
Are you ever going show us a post where I have lied?

Southern Illinois

#138188 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are literally impervious to any information that conflicts with your world view. You've been given many, many good pieces of information on evolution and you just cover your eyes and basically say that since you don't understand it, it can't possibly be true. Cmon man. It's getting annoying. Waxing poetic about the beauty of the dolphins doesn't prove that they were designed (not to mention you completely ignored the information that contradicts your design hypothesis).
Atheist have to believe in evolution. They donít have a choice. A Christian doesnít have to believe it. Some do and some like myself donít. Itís completely optional to us.

I had it in high school but it was brief and we moved on.
Those that dedicate to a specific science major in college get more evolution indoctrination. Especially those in archeology, biology, anthropology.

My Son will soon graduate with his second graduate degree and this one will be in science. He had the evolution courses recently. And they failed at the university level to sway him to believe in evolution.

Tim, millions of people believe in it because they were taught that. And millions donít believe it like myself. We have been talking about whales lately. Thereís very sparse fossil evidence. Some fossils but not enough to show a transition from a deer to a whale.

Evolutionist will take one fossil, a jawbone and hand full of other bones then jump for joy. Claiming this is the link. The undeniable evidence. Theyíre going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that.

Human fossil evidence is even more sparse. A bone here, a fragment there, another fragment. Pile on top of that a lot of hype and you have evolution.

Southern Illinois

#138189 Nov 16, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ever going show us a post where I have lied?
Are you going to tell us you have never lied? You keep avoiding the question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr thetruth 202
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 2 hr chris toal 39
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr thetruth 2,598
Evidence for God! 3 hr thetruth 368
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 3 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 4 hr thetruth 162
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr thetruth 1,451
More from around the web