Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
132,861 - 132,880 of 225,643 Comments Last updated 26 min ago
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
yh, i read the koran when i was really young, i had f*cking nightmares!!! honest to God, i was scared!!
coz i went to christian primary school, we were always told good things about jesus. He was a good man who didn't harm anyone, so how can the Bible be bad then? Jesus even said to God, " Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." How can a man who is asking God to forgive his enemies be bad? I really don't get it.
you dont know your Jesus very well do ya?

http://nobeliefs.com/jesus.htm

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
most time your posts are posts glorifing yourselves,whoa are you,most words are I I I I
even your avatar picture shows narcizm very deadly and ugly end of horible dissapointment
focus rather on eternal beauty of God,and all doubts and own earthly weak narcizm will dissapear,
and you start to be most beautiful spiritual creation belonging only to God Creator of all beauties and awsome antidimesional Universes with milions spiritual planets turning around in the eternal light of GREAT GOD HA SHEME
Two points:-
1. Which god?
2. Please learn to use the spell checker.

All you have done so far is prove how dumb you are.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
most time your posts are posts glorifing yourselves,whoa are you,most words are I I I I
even your avatar picture shows narcizm very deadly and ugly end of horible dissapointment
focus rather on eternal beauty of God,and all doubts and own earthly weak narcizm will dissapear,
and you start to be most beautiful spiritual creation belonging only to God Creator of all beauties and awsome antidimesional Universes with milions spiritual planets turning around in the eternal light of GREAT GOD HA SHEME
do tell...,how can you focus on something thats NOT real??
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to H-E-L-L after you die...unless you REPENT and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Your soul is the property of the devil,PORTER.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
only God knows who has a pure heart! don't judge a book by it's cover!!

Also, I'm not a egoistic person and if i came across like that i ask God to forgive me!! I know beauty, money etc... is not forever, only my God is!!!

and the most words i use are we and lol, lol!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

<quoted text>
Hell is REAL. And you're well on your way. Satan has BLINDED your mind that you might not REALIZE that your soul is LOST without the Lord Jesus Christ. And that's....for REAL.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're going to H-E-L-L after you die...unless you REPENT and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
stop lying Porter,

when people DIE they wont go anywhere,or are you too stupid to comprehend that?LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't know what to say to that, but i believe in my jesus, the one we were taught about in school, the nice one who loved his enemies! i don't know any other jesus but him!!!

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not like that with sikhi/vedic religions, we told to think about things! The GGS asks questions like, "how were we created, why were we created, what's the point" and then it tries to answer those questions, but then even GGS says, nobody really knows the answers to those questions but maybe as God increases our intellect, we might one day understand things abit better.
Sikhism is against every kind of ritual done for God. To understand God, understand your own heart and then the heart of other's and you will see God!!! Without love (or as Tide calls it, empathy) rituals done for God have no meaning at all.
verses from GGS about rituals in all the religions;
The Vedas and the Scriptures (ketab: bible and koran) are only make-believe (the rituals only, not the bani tho, that's true), O Siblings of Destiny; they do not relieve the anxiety of the heart. If you will only center yourself on the Lord, even for just a breath, then you shall see the Lord face-to-face, present before you.|| 1 ||
O human being, search your own heart every day, and do not wander around in confusion. This world is just a magic-show; no one will be holding your hand.|| 1 || Pause ||
Reading and studying falsehood, people are happy; in their ignorance, they speak nonsense. The True Creator Lord is diffused into His creation; He is not in the image the dark-skinned Krishna of legends.|| 2 ||
As I stated “With a lot of religions” not all, but as with all religions it must be contained and monitored to keep it in check.
If one becomes a mindless follower of the flock it can transform into something totally different.

You must think for yourself at all times, and watch for the slow and subtle changes.

No one should become as a god even the god you look for and worship.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
like u can focus on santa, silly! come on, even the kids can do it, get with it u oldy!:)

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
He makes several good points though. I'm assuming your not gonna watch it, so here are a few:
Why do human fetuses grow a coat of hair while in the womb only to shed it shortly before birth? Why would god make that happen?
Vestigal organs on whales - evidence of rear legs. Creationists apparently say that these bones are "penis struts," which is hilarious.
Why do we have (broken) genes that code for egg yolk?
Why do we have genes that code for vitamin c, even though our bodies don't actually make it?
1. vestigial
2. vestigial
3. pseudogenes denote ancestry
4. co-evolution with fruit plants

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the point. With a lot of religions you should not think for yourself, but only do as you are told.
The red light at the intersection tells you what to do. Everybody tells you what to do. If you go to the grocerie store do you think you can do whatever your please without consequences? You can think whatever you want but it is always better if your thoughts conform with reality.
Yes there are numerous good religious people, but for most religions it is their way or the highway.
It society it is their way or prison in may cases. It's not like you can cruse down the interstate at 110 mph without other taking notice.
It is religious beliefs that cause a lot of problems and death in the world to day as it has been for centuries. It is only when one understands the need for religion and the obedience of the followers does one see the truth in religion. The old saying the blind leading the blind is the foundation of religion.
You say “god gave us a brain” but most religions people refuse to use it.
If your post is an example of someone who uses their brain than i am not seeing it. Your analysis is hostile and one sided and indicative of a mind the size of a mustard seed.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is REAL.
It is?

Where is it?

Can we see it?

Can we touch it?

Can we hear it?
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're well on your way.
Really! You are the judge and jury?
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>

Satan has BLINDED your mind that you might not REALIZE that your soul is LOST without the Lord Jesus Christ. And that's....for REAL.
Again.

Satan is real?

Where is Satan?

Can we see Satan?

Can we touch Satan?

Can we hear Satan?

Can we talk to Satan?

If what you say is true please show us the proof of your truth.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

<quoted text>
stop lying Porter,
when people DIE they wont go anywhere,or are you too stupid to comprehend that?LOL
You're going to HELL,PORTER.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell, you don’t say, I use “The God Delusion”
by Richard Dawkins to steady my table.
But Dawkins book has another function. When we run out of toilet paper, I have to pull it out and rip off two or three pages and use it to wipe my a**. Its a little course but hey, that's atheism for you.
A little course?

Do you really mean that?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I call Poe.
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, Poe for sure.

But delightful nevertheless.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

<quoted text>
stop lying Porter,
http://www.jesuspictures.co/jesusonthecross-1...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask these people why bacteria is so important;
Yeah, the Japanese "medical research" aka torture of patients was every bit as bad as the Nazis. I apologize. Those people should have been tried for crimes against humanity, along with the emperor. They weren't, and that was a failure of justice on the part of Western powers.

In terms of bacteria, you cannot live without them. Some of the genes that your immune system relies upon are only found in bacteria. Some of the genes that you rely upon for digestion are only found in your gut bacteria.

This is an example of "coevolution." We evolved with these bacteria. Since evolution is efficient, it will only allow for one set of genes in a system of gene pools (human + bacteria gene pools is our system), many of the genes were lost in the free living animal (us).
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
It is?
Where is it?
Can we see it?
Can we touch it?
Can we hear it?
<quoted text>
Really! You are the judge and jury?
<quoted text>
Again.
Satan is real?
Where is Satan?
Can we see Satan?
Can we touch Satan?
Can we hear Satan?
Can we talk to Satan?
If what you say is true please show us the proof of your truth.
http://dickiebo.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/j...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr mannnu81 21,448
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 1 hr religionisillness 287
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Jaimie 4
If Christianity were true... 3 hr CunningLinguist 149
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 4 hr CunningLinguist 83
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 5 hr NightSerf 146
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr NightSerf 364

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••