Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
132,841 - 132,860 of 225,719 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Kitten!:)
Is that your opinion? Or are you asking me for mine?
Just repeating what you said.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
So, then you don't believe in Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Mercury .....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[tipping hat and bowing]:)
I'm giving you two a standing ovation!!! you're welcome!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just repeating what you said.
I didn't say that. You're twisting what I said. I'm pH 7!!!!!I can't say anything like that!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
The bible is a fact. Without one, my garden table would wobble like a
bastard.
<quoted text>
How can you say that about someone's belief? Surely, the Bible can't be that bad!!!!!
Thinking

Dalry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Good on you. Richard still gets your money. He gives loads more in charity than most believers. You couldn't understand his words anyway.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell, you don’t say, I use “The God Delusion”
by Richard Dawkins to steady my table.
But Dawkins book has another function. When we run out of toilet paper, I have to pull it out and rip off two or three pages and use it to wipe my a**. Its a little course but hey, that's atheism for you.
Thinking

Dalry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I call Poe.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say that about someone's belief? Surely, the Bible can't be that bad!!!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that. You're twisting what I said. I'm pH 7!!!!!I can't say anything like that!
You did, you just worded in a manner that makes it "feel" better to you is all, so you can pretend you didn't. If something is fact then it does not need interpretation nor is it allegory, those are both contradictory to fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want truth, here it is, the bible is the most gory, violent, hate filled book of smut on the planet. Even the Koran, or however that's spelled, has less blood, guts, torture, killing, raping, and genocide in it. The god in the bible is a monster, who even Cthulhu would be hard pressed to match on a good day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I call Poe.
<quoted text>
Who are you posing to be? What are you? Atheist or christian?

FYI...I'm abit sloooooooooooow! you have to be frank with me, dear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You did, you just worded in a manner that makes it "feel" better to you is all, so you can pretend you didn't. If something is fact then it does not need interpretation nor is it allegory, those are both contradictory to fact.
Look, I don't like hurting people, ok! I personally don't agree with some things written in the Bible, but I have met nice christians too, so for them i don't want to say nasty things to their religion. If that is what helps them become better people then that is fine with me. I said before that we are responsible for our own actions, we need to stop blaming religion for everything. God gave us a brain, we should use it!!!
Thinking

Dalry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I'm a very open hand.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you posing to be? What are you? Atheist or christian?
FYI...I'm abit sloooooooooooow! you have to be frank with me, dear.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it a whole lot differently, than you.
I applied for a job, when I was 16.{Details are not required for the story}
I had a dream that night about not getting the job.
A day or so later, every detail of my dream came true.
A few nights later, I had another dream about the job.
A day or so later, every detail of my dream came true.
Can you explain that? No.
Nearly 40 years has passed and I never experienced another dream that came true like those two did.
A scientist would study such an event and a believer would claim that god did it and they are sure that there is a reason behind it.
For awhile some time ago (in my notes LOL) I was writing about certain dreams, describing their main image as such, and when the 'event of my dream' occurred, I was giving the links to the sources and how the event fitted in with the cryptic image.

I stopped doing it after about 7 (listed somewhere) because I realised all I would be doing would be making people scared of something somewhere would happen.

We all have the ability to work out the standing out point in the dream; and keep it in focus. We can actually be aware of ourselves in our dreams; I studied dream control for awhile and it works. Simply a matter of concentration and focus. The focus I used when I was aware I was dreaming was a scar left on my hand from a drip many years ago ~ and when we are in control, dreams take on a whole different aspect. You can take it where ever you want :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I believe the information is probably already stored in our DNA, we are only repeating that which is just somewhere a little bit ahead of ourselves, somewhere down the track.

When something triggers of the realisation that you are exactly where you knew you were going to be gives you an awe inspiring Spiritual feeling of the grandest kind :)

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I don't like hurting people, ok! I personally don't agree with some things written in the Bible, but I have met nice christians too, so for them i don't want to say nasty things to their religion. If that is what helps them become better people then that is fine with me. I said before that we are responsible for our own actions, we need to stop blaming religion for everything. God gave us a brain, we should use it!!!
That is the point. With a lot of religions you should not think for yourself, but only do as you are told.

Yes there are numerous good religious people, but for most religions it is their way or the highway.

It is religious beliefs that cause a lot of problems and death in the world to day as it has been for centuries. It is only when one understands the need for religion and the obedience of the followers does one see the truth in religion. The old saying the blind leading the blind is the foundation of religion.

You say “god gave us a brain” but most religions people refuse to use it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want truth, here it is, the bible is the most gory, violent, hate filled book of smut on the planet. Even the Koran, or however that's spelled, has less blood, guts, torture, killing, raping, and genocide in it. The god in the bible is a monster, who even Cthulhu would be hard pressed to match on a good day.
yh, i read the koran when i was really young, i had f*cking nightmares!!! honest to God, i was scared!!

coz i went to christian primary school, we were always told good things about jesus. He was a good man who didn't harm anyone, so how can the Bible be bad then? Jesus even said to God, " Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." How can a man who is asking God to forgive his enemies be bad? I really don't get it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I'm a very open hand.
<quoted text>
ok,ok,ok! we playin that game, r we? well u go on and play, pal!! I'll just ask the 'guys' what u r!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
most time your posts are posts glorifing yourselves,whoa are you,most words are I I I I
even your avatar picture shows narcizm very deadly and ugly end of horible dissapointment

focus rather on eternal beauty of God,and all doubts and own earthly weak narcizm will dissapear,
and you start to be most beautiful spiritual creation belonging only to God Creator of all beauties and awsome antidimesional Universes with milions spiritual planets turning around in the eternal light of GREAT GOD HA SHEME

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Unable to dispute facts? Check.
Totally reliant on childish ad hom? Check.

Daffy as usual fails in epic proportions? Check.

Oh well you are here for our personal amusement after all.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you,
I always enjoy a piss ants view of things. So much so that I’m going to set your opinion in a art form in concrete.
[boot centered over piss ant]
[boot comes down on piss ant]
[piss ant is now a collage in concrete]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the point. With a lot of religions you should not think for yourself, but only do as you are told.
Yes there are numerous good religious people, but for most religions it is their way or the highway.
It is religious beliefs that cause a lot of problems and death in the world to day as it has been for centuries. It is only when one understands the need for religion and the obedience of the followers does one see the truth in religion. The old saying the blind leading the blind is the foundation of religion.
You say “god gave us a brain” but most religions people refuse to use it.
It's not like that with sikhi/vedic religions, we told to think about things! The GGS asks questions like, "how were we created, why were we created, what's the point" and then it tries to answer those questions, but then even GGS says, nobody really knows the answers to those questions but maybe as God increases our intellect, we might one day understand things abit better.

Sikhism is against every kind of ritual done for God. To understand God, understand your own heart and then the heart of other's and you will see God!!! Without love (or as Tide calls it, empathy) rituals done for God have no meaning at all.

verses from GGS about rituals in all the religions;

The Vedas and the Scriptures (ketab: bible and koran) are only make-believe (the rituals only, not the bani tho, that's true), O Siblings of Destiny; they do not relieve the anxiety of the heart. If you will only center yourself on the Lord, even for just a breath, then you shall see the Lord face-to-face, present before you.|| 1 ||

O human being, search your own heart every day, and do not wander around in confusion. This world is just a magic-show; no one will be holding your hand.|| 1 || Pause ||

Reading and studying falsehood, people are happy; in their ignorance, they speak nonsense. The True Creator Lord is diffused into His creation; He is not in the image the dark-skinned Krishna of legends.|| 2 ||

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••