Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#138061 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've watched it two times and going to for a third. It's damn hilarious. It's not everyday I get a lesson from a caffeine freaked out meth head, lol.
K good. Maybe he will talk some sense into you.. and eagle, you know it's sped up right? It's funny, but that's not his real voice...
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138062 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor, you have more faith than I do. I just can't believe a wolf like animal was running in the ocean and then turned into a whale. Iím not going to belittle you my good man. You have just got all caught up in the evolutionary net of nonsense.
You inspired me to go and review the so called evidence. Just as I thought, someoneís wild and fantastic imagination. They take a fossil and magically associates it with whales. Itís a Carney high pitch sales job done on the public.
To believe in evolution one must believe in magic. Because that is what it would take for a four legged creature to morph into a whale. I donít mean to be disrespectful to you my good Doctor, but you believe in fairy tales.
Species Articles Glossary Time Periods Activities Top Lists

Rodhocetus

Name: Rodhocetus ( Rodho whale ).
Phonetic: Rod-ho-see-tus.
Named By: P. D. Gingerich, S. M. Raza, M. Arif, M. Anwar & &#8236;X. Zhou - 1994.
Classification: Chordata, Mammalia, Cetacea, Archaeoceti, Protocetidae.
Species: R. kasrani ( type ), R. balochistanensis.
Diet: Carnivore.
Size: A round 2.5 meters long.
Known locations: Pakistan.
Time period: Lutetian of the Eocene.
Fossil representation: Remains of 3 individuals.

Although not as well known as Pakicetus and Ambulocetus, Rodhocetus is nonetheless important to the study of how whales evolved from land animals. Rodhocetus is but one of a slowly but steadily growing number of transitional fossil genera, but in Rodhocetus the change can actually be seen across the species as well. The 2001 description of the second species, R. balochistanensis included recurved ankle bones which mean that the rear feet curved back towards the body. Later forms would take this progression with smaller rear limbs in line with the shape of the body until the point that the rear limbs were no longer visible. Study of Rodhocetus has also helped to establish an early origin of the mammals from artiodactyls like hippopotamuses rather than mesonychids like Mesonyx.
grendelll

Phoenix, AZ

#138063 Nov 16, 2012
It's difficult to understand why anyone would believe in an imaginary being, especially since all religions profess completely different and contradictory imaginary beings. But then I guess most people simple never grow up and jettison concepts of santa claus.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#138064 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, I would have to agree. How great would it be if it turned out he was running a gag this whole time? It would be brilliant.
No way.

San Francisco, CA

#138065 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim, that son of bit*h had to have drank 15 cups of black coffee and two meth pipes before he gave that speech, lol.
Your right. He just had to have drank that much.

San Francisco, CA

#138066 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>He seems to like analogies in which he is a german shepard and the world is a chihuahua nipping at his glorious, aryan heels.
And cowboys, riding to the end of the trail, straight to hell.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#138067 Nov 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I do Black Sheep, it is the pasting of many postings taken from many links, with my take on how I see it.
I see it a whole lot differently, than you.

I applied for a job, when I was 16.{Details are not required for the story}

I had a dream that night about not getting the job.

A day or so later, every detail of my dream came true.

A few nights later, I had another dream about the job.

A day or so later, every detail of my dream came true.

Can you explain that? No.

Nearly 40 years has passed and I never experienced another dream that came true like those two did.

A scientist would study such an event and a believer would claim that god did it and they are sure that there is a reason behind it.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#138069 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Better eat up all those nice God-made bacteria to show your respect then. Stop washing your vegetables and never cook them! Us the old English recipes for meat - let it sit out for one week, if it's a fowl, and three if it's deer. After that you can gut them.
Bacteria reproduce every 20 minutes. There are billions times billions times billions times billions of the little guys around. Do you think that's what keeps God busy? He's always like "oh, no! I need another one over there! And over there! And there! And ther! Ther! The..! T..!" pretty soon, no more time on His hands. Only bacteria.
Finally, on Sunday, He climbs into bed, aching arms and knees, and says "Gosh darnit. I should have listened to Thor when He said evolution was the way to go..."
Ask these people why bacteria is so important;

***Making Artificial Bacteria
www.astrobio.net/pressrelease/2598/making-art...
26 Jan 2008 Ė A team of researchers has created the largest man-made DNA structure by assembling the 582970 base pare genome of a bacterium..

https://www.google.com.au/search... ***

***Scientists create 1st bacteria strain from man-made DNA - USA Today
usatoday30.usatoday.com/.../2010-05-21-genome... ...

Dan Vergano

by Dan Vergano - in 112 Google+ circles
20 May 2010 Ė The advance is a $40 million milestone in the nascent field of synthetic biology and points toward a future of artificial life

https://www.google.com.au/search... ****

Gosh and darn it ~ we need more bacteria, so much so that we will spend millions and millions learning how to make new life in an over populated world (according to the experts) and why bother feeding the starving people when we can play GOD?

*** A trickle ofinformation about the germ warfare program has turned into a stream and now a torrent. Half a century after the end of the war, a rush of books, documentaries and exhibitions are unlocking the past and helping arouse interest in Japan in the atrocities committed by some of Japan's most distinguished doctors.

Scholars and former members of the unit say that at least 3000 people and by some accounts several times that number were killed in the medical experiments; none survived. No one knows how many died in the "field testing"

It is becoming evident that the Japanese officers in charge of the program hoped to use their weapons against the United States. They proposed using balloon bombs to carry disease to America and they had a plan in the summer of 1945 to use kamikaze pilots to dump plague infected fleas on San Diego.

The research was kept secret after the end of World War II in part because the U.S. Army granted immunity from war crimes prosecution to the doctors in exchange for their research data. Japanese and U.S. documents show that the United States helped cover up the human experimentation and instead of putting the ringleaders on trial, it gave them stipends.

The accounts now emerging are wrenching to read even after so much time has passed: a Russian mother and daughter reportedly left in a gas chamber, for example, as doctors peer through the thick glass and time their convulsions, watching as the woman sprawls over her child in a futile effort to save her from the gas.

http://www.toddlertime.com/bobbystringer/unit... ***

Yeah, it must really suck only believing in science..... IMO

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#138070 Nov 16, 2012
So Daffy Duck 12 admits he lacks basic reading comprehension, even video descriptions are beyond his abilities.

And btw moron, just because a scientist ponders a small facet in the evolutionary doesn't mean that evolution is incorrect.

See science unlike religion progresses and that's why.

No wonder your Dad lied about some Arab in his room an pretended to convert so you would be able to continue.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#138071 Nov 16, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, do creatards believe in soap?
do transvestites?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#138072 Nov 16, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Species Articles Glossary Time Periods Activities Top Lists
Rodhocetus
Name: Rodhocetus ( Rodho whale ).
Phonetic: Rod-ho-see-tus.
Named By: P. D. Gingerich, S. M. Raza, M. Arif, M. Anwar & &#8236;X. Zhou - 1994.
Classification: Chordata, Mammalia, Cetacea, Archaeoceti, Protocetidae.
Species: R. kasrani ( type ), R. balochistanensis.
Diet: Carnivore.
Size: A round 2.5 meters long.
Known locations: Pakistan.
Time period: Lutetian of the Eocene.
Fossil representation: Remains of 3 individuals.
Although not as well known as Pakicetus and Ambulocetus, Rodhocetus is nonetheless important to the study of how whales evolved from land animals. Rodhocetus is but one of a slowly but steadily growing number of transitional fossil genera, but in Rodhocetus the change can actually be seen across the species as well. The 2001 description of the second species, R. balochistanensis included recurved ankle bones which mean that the rear feet curved back towards the body. Later forms would take this progression with smaller rear limbs in line with the shape of the body until the point that the rear limbs were no longer visible. Study of Rodhocetus has also helped to establish an early origin of the mammals from artiodactyls like hippopotamuses rather than mesonychids like Mesonyx.
Land mammals predominantly move their tales from side to side. A deer is the same, with side to side movement but when alarmed it will raise itís tale up as a warning.

An exception might be the beaver which uses itís tale for swimming. A skunk will raise itís tale vertically in order to spray. There is no indication that whales evolved from neither skunks or beavers.

Whales and dolphins as you have previously pointed out have this very powerful specially designed tale that propels them forward with a up and down movement.

My question to you Doctor, where are the transitional fossils that show this spectacular change from a tale that moves from side to side to a whales that moves up and down?

One jawbone or one bone doesnít constitute a slew of transitional fossils. There should be hundreds of fossils that show each phase of the transition. But thereís not but a few sparse examples. Very sparse examples are known Doctor.

If you are going to win me over with evidence, it slim pickings out there Doctor.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#138073 Nov 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
So Daffy Duck 12 admits he lacks basic reading comprehension, even video descriptions are beyond his abilities.
And btw moron, just because a scientist ponders a small facet in the evolutionary doesn't mean that evolution is incorrect.
See science unlike religion progresses and that's why.
No wonder your Dad lied about some Arab in his room an pretended to convert so you would be able to continue.
Thank you,

I always enjoy a piss ants view of things. So much so that Iím going to set your opinion in a art form in concrete.

[boot centered over piss ant]

[boot comes down on piss ant]

[piss ant is now a collage in concrete]
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138077 Nov 16, 2012
But maybe they'd call for disarmament talks regarding our stockpiles of antibiotics.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha! Nice.
Bacteria would just vote for the status quo, they're doing pretty well.
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138078 Nov 16, 2012
Glad someone can do that amazing work instead of just praying helplessly.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend who's brother is a heart surgeon for children. He is an atheist. He says "if there is a God, why am I fixing children born with defective hearts, who would die without surgery?"
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138079 Nov 16, 2012
I vote for nothing. Nothing ever.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. Boblbbalahala, is like a spacer between potentially interesting and articulate posts.
Let's take bets as to what happened to him! I vote dropped into gasoline as a child.
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138080 Nov 16, 2012
Crohn's, asthma, eczema. All examples of what an immune system gets up to when it's out of a job.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting. It's possible. We eat three times less bacteria and have three times less bacteria in our guts than hunter-gatherers. That has effects on our immune system.
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138081 Nov 16, 2012
If no one was starving, religion would collapse.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask these people why bacteria is so important;
***Making Artificial Bacteria
www.astrobio.net/pressrelease/2598/making-art...
26 Jan 2008 Ė A team of researchers has created the largest man-made DNA structure by assembling the 582970 base pare genome of a bacterium..
https://www.google.com.au/search... ***
***Scientists create 1st bacteria strain from man-made DNA - USA Today
usatoday30.usatoday.com/.../2010-05-21-genome... ...
Dan Vergano
by Dan Vergano - in 112 Google+ circles
20 May 2010 Ė The advance is a $40 million milestone in the nascent field of synthetic biology and points toward a future of artificial life
https://www.google.com.au/search... ****
Gosh and darn it ~ we need more bacteria, so much so that we will spend millions and millions learning how to make new life in an over populated world (according to the experts) and why bother feeding the starving people when we can play GOD?
*** A trickle ofinformation about the germ warfare program has turned into a stream and now a torrent. Half a century after the end of the war, a rush of books, documentaries and exhibitions are unlocking the past and helping arouse interest in Japan in the atrocities committed by some of Japan's most distinguished doctors.
Scholars and former members of the unit say that at least 3000 people and by some accounts several times that number were killed in the medical experiments; none survived. No one knows how many died in the "field testing"
It is becoming evident that the Japanese officers in charge of the program hoped to use their weapons against the United States. They proposed using balloon bombs to carry disease to America and they had a plan in the summer of 1945 to use kamikaze pilots to dump plague infected fleas on San Diego.
The research was kept secret after the end of World War II in part because the U.S. Army granted immunity from war crimes prosecution to the doctors in exchange for their research data. Japanese and U.S. documents show that the United States helped cover up the human experimentation and instead of putting the ringleaders on trial, it gave them stipends.
The accounts now emerging are wrenching to read even after so much time has passed: a Russian mother and daughter reportedly left in a gas chamber, for example, as doctors peer through the thick glass and time their convulsions, watching as the woman sprawls over her child in a futile effort to save her from the gas.
http://www.toddlertime.com/bobbystringer/unit... ***
Yeah, it must really suck only believing in science..... IMO
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138082 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Land mammals predominantly move their tales from side to side. A deer is the same, with side to side movement but when alarmed it will raise itís tale up as a warning.
An exception might be the beaver which uses itís tale for swimming. A skunk will raise itís tale vertically in order to spray. There is no indication that whales evolved from neither skunks or beavers.
Whales and dolphins as you have previously pointed out have this very powerful specially designed tale that propels them forward with a up and down movement.
My question to you Doctor, where are the transitional fossils that show this spectacular change from a tale that moves from side to side to a whales that moves up and down?
One jawbone or one bone doesnít constitute a slew of transitional fossils. There should be hundreds of fossils that show each phase of the transition. But thereís not but a few sparse examples. Very sparse examples are known Doctor.
If you are going to win me over with evidence, it slim pickings out there Doctor.
Have you never wondered why a creature that spends its entire life in an aquatic environment doesn't have gills? You can deny the evolution of Whales but must face the fact that this may be one of the worst examples of design by your almighty designer. Billions of sea dwelling creatures, all marvelously designed for their environment (they evolved these design over millions of years) yet three species of mammals share the same environment with non of the designs the others have. Dolphins, Porpoises, and Whales all are air breathers. Very poor design for finding food, and giving birth. Newborns drown if the female doesn't get under it in time to bring it to the surface to breath. Sperm whales must hold theta breath to dive almost a mile down for food. It has very little time to hunt once down, very poor design.

You missed to point on the movement through the water. All fish and sharks swim with a side to side motion of the tail, an obviously superior action to move throughout the water, the whale has a vertical shape to its spine much more adapted to running. Watch any land dwelling animal run and you will see EXACTLY the same motion as a whale moving throughout the water. Couple that with the fully formed wrist bones found in the Right Whale, and the vestigial hind legs in most whales, and you have a species that was obviously a prior land mammal.

So if the evolution of whales if untrue, and there is simply way to much information to then contrary, then your Creator God is one terrible designed.

San Francisco, CA

#138083 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tall tales, eagle?
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138084 Nov 16, 2012
Good on you... but sometimes, you can have a bit too much sport. No, really.

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Shane Watson in second Test!
Game on!
As you can guess, Double Fine is on a sporting high

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 35 min Adam 22,990
Islam for peace, or violence? 1 hr JIN 36
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 2 hr Thinking 2
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Thinking 1,037
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE