Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,639)

Showing posts 132,761 - 132,780 of217,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
I wonder if Tony Hayward got his life back after his company destroyed the eco system of the Gulf of Mexico.. The sad part of all this he should be locked up in one of our Gulf Coast Prisons. Since this site is about faith. I hope BP and other companies ďbelieveĒ they will get hammered if they fail to protect their employees and the environment.
The fine is a bit low. It should have been 15 or 20 billion. Like I said, itís disappointing Hayward didnít get charged with a felony.
The Wall street Journal.
#PLC agreed to accept criminal responsibility for the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster that killed 11 workers and to pay $4.5 billion in fines and restitution, the biggest penalty ever levied by the U.S. Justice Department.
But the oil producer still faces an even costlier battle with the government over civil penalties for the pollution unleashed when the drilling rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico and caused the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.
The oil damaged the region's important seafood and tourism industries, resulting in billions of dollars in lost revenue. For weeks, repeated efforts to stop the gushing crude failed, as underwater cameras sent the live images to TV viewers. Finally, almost three months later, the well was capped.
In addition to the settlement Thursday, three former BP employees were charged by a federal grand jury with felonies in the incident, two of them for allegedly failing to carry out a critical safety test properly.
17Nov12.....
.....The 'Oil & Gas' business is the biggest and safest and high-salaried in the WholeWideWorld.
Nothing is FailSafe and sometimes schidt happens.
BP has been in existance for many, many years and BobLoblah has had the good fortune to work (on contract) for BP a few times around the world.
Yes, BP committed some errors in its operations in the Gulf of Mexico....and so has BroncoBama in its operations of protecting his citizens in Benghazi. BP has accepted full responsibility and is stepping forward to pay the price.
It should be noted that 'quite a few' local fisherman, especially shrimp fisherman, were compensated in 2010 and 2011 and 2012 without having to wait for this 'penalty sum' to come down. What they had to say includes wordings 'we made more each of these three years than we could have earned actually fishing and we didn't have to get up in the mornings to do so. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a blowOut every once in a while'.
These comments followed on the heels of Alaskan fisherman who garnished so much monies as a result of the Exxon Valdex's accident and spilling its cargo of crude. For years the local fishermen and their dogs were involved in cleaning up at top Dollars and today are retired millionaires. The area looks pretty clean toooooo.
Now, on the other hand, a few years later when there was 'another' supertanker that went aground off the coast of Scotland and spilled a 'Larger Cargo' than the Exxon Valdez, nobody heard much about it. Wanna know why, well it has to do with ALL the monies that environmentalists expect to make and pocket from the oil companies. In this case, NO oil company OWNED the cargo of oil. It was owned by speculators and these are money shifters who buy low and sell high (they even do it to their mothers). As such all the Greenpeacers and ILK had no time to expend to garnish no monies for their efforts. There was just nothing in it, even though there was MORE crude emptied into the seas than there was in Alaska.
Go figure.
Ps:....In addition, the Oil & Gas industry hires millions of people and is the sustanance of families around the WholeWideWorld.
BobLoblah knows. BobLoblah is von of dose toooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying you don't believe a Model T Ford was ever built because you didn't see it happen. We have the Model T, we have pictures of it, it sure looks like it was built once.
Something tells me this isn't the best analogy to use with eagle.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions.
And Millions...!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's practice for when I finally meet my father, Darth Vader.
But I thought you were james woods? Now you're leia?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of it!
I have troubles watching Neil, especially when he's interviewing other people - he doesn't let them speak and he thinks his jokes are funny. Some are.
Haha yeah.. he does seem to have trouble letting other people talk. I just thought it was a funny joke.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

No.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Nov12.....
.....Yeah. You sure know what you are talking about, ya eeejit.
The 'Ocean Ranger' was filled with British contractors when it toppled over and 'went down' in 1982 taking All Hands along with it. The report that followed blamed the 'accident' on a simple matter of NOT turning the ballast and de-ballast valves in the correct fashion. Seems like the British bosses on board didn't read the 'manual' properly.
...and dere's the other one....da 'Production Platform' in the North Seas owned by Norway and operated and managed by British contractors. It exploded and caused the largest disaster of all.
While BP will say that BP is good (BobLoblah has worked for BP), BP is not No. 1.......Exxon is and has been for years. In addition Exxon is the largest corporation in the WholeWideworld. It hires Americans, Brits, and peoples from far beyond and 'trains' dem to do their jobs.
Ps:.....You don't know what you are talking about and continue to be a foul-mouthed schidt-for-brains. Get back under yer rock and fuck off.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let it slide this time.
But next meeting, you have to bring the donuts.
A fair penance.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Nov12.....
.....You are just 'annudder' eeejit dat pays 100% attention to haul da postings of BobLoblah and waits dere impatiently, hoping and praying (yes - praying) dat BobLoblah will send you some kind of message. ANY kind of message.
Ps:....Here's a message for you.....you are consistantly a schidt-for-brains, a loser, and a 5-Star eeejit.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
No, I actually pay little attention to your posts, I don't have the time or the desire to try and decipher what your childish accented words mean. Once you again, its very obvious that you crave attention, that you somehow think what you're doing is "cool" and that people think "oh its just Bob being funny again." Well, it's neither funny nor intelligent in any way. Oh, you are drawing attention to yourself, but its people seeing what a desperate child you are begging for attention. You are pitiful. I'll just pass over all you posts from now on, like I do with the T town clown, or whatever his posting name is. Your posts contain NOTHING relevant or intelligent, the last word I'll ever post to you is ..........PITIFUL!!
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I also love skipping his posts.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, I actually pay little attention to your posts, I don't have the time or the desire to try and decipher what your childish accented words mean. Once you again, its very obvious that you crave attention, that you somehow think what you're doing is "cool" and that people think "oh its just Bob being funny again." Well, it's neither funny nor intelligent in any way. Oh, you are drawing attention to yourself, but its people seeing what a desperate child you are begging for attention. You are pitiful. I'll just pass over all you posts from now on, like I do with the T town clown, or whatever his posting name is. Your posts contain NOTHING relevant or intelligent, the last word I'll ever post to you is ..........PITIFUL!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís one whale of a tale.
Iím sorry Doctor, I simply can not believe in tall tales of whales. Like I said, I just donít have the faith that you do to believe in such grand imaginations on the scale of a childrenís fantasy.
Theyíre mammals no doubt but many land creatures arenít mammals. So both land and sea contain mammals and non mammals. What it comes down to Doctor you have a greater faith.
On a more personal note Doctor, were you parents believers of Christ. Please take a minute and tell me about your Mom and Dad.
"Grand imaginations" are one thing, observable evidence is quite something else. One on side we have piles of evidence, you can touch it, see it, study it, examine it from every angle, that would be the information of the evolution of Whales. On the other side we have....well, not much. We have the words that are contained in a holy book, a book who's authors we are not sure of. A book that is obviously completely ignorant on matter of science, and i this case evolutionary science. Yet you make the most unusual choice of ignoring factual information and settling with a book of unsupported ideas, Without meaning to be rude, I do believe this is called WILLFULLY IGNORANT. It takes a "Grand Imagination" to accept that mankind appeared after a mythical being scooped up some dirt and blew on it. Then yanked out one of his ribs and a fully formed women magically appeared.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In time of need I have seen atheist say "Oh, God, please don't let this happen."
It's their ignorant version of prayer.
I have said similar myself,ďOh god, Oh god, Ohhhh goddddd

That does not mean I was praying, it just means I was deifying the man giving me the pleasure I needed.

Had I not been brought up with the word god, perhaps Allah or salt biscuit I would have used another word.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Nov12.....
..ListenUp Biff..
.....STOP 'stalking' BobLoblah ya cyberBully.
Ps:.....Vot's an Ugly 'troll-op' like you doin' in a Beautiful place like dis.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
When I want to talk to you Iíll rattle your cage

Stop stalking me

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha yeah.. he does seem to have trouble letting other people talk. I just thought it was a funny joke.
I like him.

He doesn't mince words when it comes to religious science deniers, but he does it with humor.

I'd love to meet him in person.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>A fair penance.
Boston creme.

Make sure there are plenty of Boston creme.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha!
I thought it was funny too, obviously our friendly nob gobbler didnít

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I also love skipping his posts.
Likewise.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I also love skipping his posts.
At least he makes them recognizable at a glance.

Makes it much easier to scroll past.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
No, I actually pay little attention to your posts, I don't havethe time orthe desire to try and decipher what your childish accented words mean. Once you again,its very obvious that you crave attention, that you somehow think what you're doing is "cool" and that people think "ohits just Bob being funny again." Well,it's neither funny nor intelligent in any way. Oh, you are drawing attention to yourself, butits people seeing what a desperate child you are begging for attention. You are pitiful. I'll just pass over all you posts from now on, like I do withthe T town clown, or whatever his posting name is. Your posts contain NOTHING relevant or intelligent,the last word I'll ever post to you is ..........PITIFUL!!
17Nov12.....

....Liar.

Yes you do read'em haul tooooooooo, jest like da udder lyin' eeejits in your class.

Ps:.....Let's see how long it vill beee before you post annudder word to BobLoblah....ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Better eat up all those nice God-made bacteria to show your respect then. Stop washing your vegetables and never cook them! Us the old English recipes for meat - let it sit out for one week, if it's a fowl, and three if it's deer. After that you can gut them.

Bacteria reproduce every 20 minutes. There are billions times billions times billions times billions of the little guys around. Do you think that's what keeps God busy? He's always like "oh, no! I need another one over there! And over there! And there! And ther! Ther! The..! T..!" pretty soon, no more time on His hands. Only bacteria.

Finally, on Sunday, He climbs into bed, aching arms and knees, and says "Gosh darnit. I should have listened to Thor when He said evolution was the way to go..."
I read an article a couple of years ago that said one of the reasons we have mineral deficiencies now, and sometimes need mineral supplements, is that in pre industrial days, is that we don't eat enough dirt.

Back then, people ate vegetable pulled from the ground, maybe brushed them off or have them a quick rinse, and ate them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
I also love skipping his posts.
<quoted text>
17Nov12.....

.....You 'dinKing' have schidt-for-brains and cannot remember replying to haul BobLoblah's posts....especially to you, ya eeejit.

Ps:....and den sum toooooooooooo.

Have da police shown up at yer door yet for being part of the BBC's paedophilia scandal!!!!

...'Who's dat knockin' at my door
....It must be quarter ta four'(Rod Stewart)

Rod just hates being referred to as British, by da vey....but alas, you have yer Gary Glitter....covering yer back. Hun!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 132,761 - 132,780 of217,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••