Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#138116 Nov 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I don't like hurting people, ok! I personally don't agree with some things written in the Bible, but I have met nice christians too, so for them i don't want to say nasty things to their religion. If that is what helps them become better people then that is fine with me. I said before that we are responsible for our own actions, we need to stop blaming religion for everything. God gave us a brain, we should use it!!!
That is the point. With a lot of religions you should not think for yourself, but only do as you are told.

Yes there are numerous good religious people, but for most religions it is their way or the highway.

It is religious beliefs that cause a lot of problems and death in the world to day as it has been for centuries. It is only when one understands the need for religion and the obedience of the followers does one see the truth in religion. The old saying the blind leading the blind is the foundation of religion.

You say “god gave us a brain” but most religions people refuse to use it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#138117 Nov 16, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want truth, here it is, the bible is the most gory, violent, hate filled book of smut on the planet. Even the Koran, or however that's spelled, has less blood, guts, torture, killing, raping, and genocide in it. The god in the bible is a monster, who even Cthulhu would be hard pressed to match on a good day.
yh, i read the koran when i was really young, i had f*cking nightmares!!! honest to God, i was scared!!

coz i went to christian primary school, we were always told good things about jesus. He was a good man who didn't harm anyone, so how can the Bible be bad then? Jesus even said to God, " Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." How can a man who is asking God to forgive his enemies be bad? I really don't get it.

Location hidden

#138119 Nov 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I'm a very open hand.
<quoted text>
ok,ok,ok! we playin that game, r we? well u go on and play, pal!! I'll just ask the 'guys' what u r!!

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#138120 Nov 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I don't like hurting people, ok! I personally don't agree with some things written in the Bible, but I have met nice christians too, so for them i don't want to say nasty things to their religion. If that is what helps them become better people then that is fine with me. I said before that we are responsible for our own actions, we need to stop blaming religion for everything. God gave us a brain, we should use it!!!
most time your posts are posts glorifing yourselves,whoa are you,most words are I I I I
even your avatar picture shows narcizm very deadly and ugly end of horible dissapointment

focus rather on eternal beauty of God,and all doubts and own earthly weak narcizm will dissapear,
and you start to be most beautiful spiritual creation belonging only to God Creator of all beauties and awsome antidimesional Universes with milions spiritual planets turning around in the eternal light of GREAT GOD HA SHEME

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#138121 Nov 16, 2012
Unable to dispute facts? Check.
Totally reliant on childish ad hom? Check.

Daffy as usual fails in epic proportions? Check.

Oh well you are here for our personal amusement after all.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you,
I always enjoy a piss ants view of things. So much so that I’m going to set your opinion in a art form in concrete.
[boot centered over piss ant]
[boot comes down on piss ant]
[piss ant is now a collage in concrete]

Location hidden

#138122 Nov 16, 2012
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the point. With a lot of religions you should not think for yourself, but only do as you are told.
Yes there are numerous good religious people, but for most religions it is their way or the highway.
It is religious beliefs that cause a lot of problems and death in the world to day as it has been for centuries. It is only when one understands the need for religion and the obedience of the followers does one see the truth in religion. The old saying the blind leading the blind is the foundation of religion.
It's not like that with sikhi/vedic religions, we told to think about things! The GGS asks questions like, "how were we created, why were we created, what's the point" and then it tries to answer those questions, but then even GGS says, nobody really knows the answers to those questions but maybe as God increases our intellect, we might one day understand things abit better.

Sikhism is against every kind of ritual done for God. To understand God, understand your own heart and then the heart of other's and you will see God!!! Without love (or as Tide calls it, empathy) rituals done for God have no meaning at all.

verses from GGS about rituals in all the religions;

The Vedas and the Scriptures (ketab: bible and koran) are only make-believe (the rituals only, not the bani tho, that's true), O Siblings of Destiny; they do not relieve the anxiety of the heart. If you will only center yourself on the Lord, even for just a breath, then you shall see the Lord face-to-face, present before you.|| 1 ||

O human being, search your own heart every day, and do not wander around in confusion. This world is just a magic-show; no one will be holding your hand.|| 1 || Pause ||

Reading and studying falsehood, people are happy; in their ignorance, they speak nonsense. The True Creator Lord is diffused into His creation; He is not in the image the dark-skinned Krishna of legends.|| 2 ||
christianity is EVIL

Weymouth, Canada

#138123 Nov 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
yh, i read the koran when i was really young, i had f*cking nightmares!!! honest to God, i was scared!!
coz i went to christian primary school, we were always told good things about jesus. He was a good man who didn't harm anyone, so how can the Bible be bad then? Jesus even said to God, " Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." How can a man who is asking God to forgive his enemies be bad? I really don't get it.
you dont know your Jesus very well do ya?

http://nobeliefs.com/jesus.htm

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#138124 Nov 16, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
most time your posts are posts glorifing yourselves,whoa are you,most words are I I I I
even your avatar picture shows narcizm very deadly and ugly end of horible dissapointment
focus rather on eternal beauty of God,and all doubts and own earthly weak narcizm will dissapear,
and you start to be most beautiful spiritual creation belonging only to God Creator of all beauties and awsome antidimesional Universes with milions spiritual planets turning around in the eternal light of GREAT GOD HA SHEME
Two points:-
1. Which god?
2. Please learn to use the spell checker.

All you have done so far is prove how dumb you are.
christianity is EVIL

Weymouth, Canada

#138125 Nov 16, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
do tell...,how can you focus on something thats NOT real??
Doctor REALITY

United States

#138126 Nov 16, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to H-E-L-L after you die...unless you REPENT and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#138127 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Your soul is the property of the devil,PORTER.

Location hidden

#138128 Nov 16, 2012
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
only God knows who has a pure heart! don't judge a book by it's cover!!

Also, I'm not a egoistic person and if i came across like that i ask God to forgive me!! I know beauty, money etc... is not forever, only my God is!!!

and the most words i use are we and lol, lol!
Doctor REALITY

United States

#138129 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Hell is REAL. And you're well on your way. Satan has BLINDED your mind that you might not REALIZE that your soul is LOST without the Lord Jesus Christ. And that's....for REAL.
christianity is EVIL

Weymouth, Canada

#138130 Nov 16, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're going to H-E-L-L after you die...unless you REPENT and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
stop lying Porter,

when people DIE they wont go anywhere,or are you too stupid to comprehend that?LOL

Location hidden

#138131 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't know what to say to that, but i believe in my jesus, the one we were taught about in school, the nice one who loved his enemies! i don't know any other jesus but him!!!

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#138132 Nov 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not like that with sikhi/vedic religions, we told to think about things! The GGS asks questions like, "how were we created, why were we created, what's the point" and then it tries to answer those questions, but then even GGS says, nobody really knows the answers to those questions but maybe as God increases our intellect, we might one day understand things abit better.
Sikhism is against every kind of ritual done for God. To understand God, understand your own heart and then the heart of other's and you will see God!!! Without love (or as Tide calls it, empathy) rituals done for God have no meaning at all.
verses from GGS about rituals in all the religions;
The Vedas and the Scriptures (ketab: bible and koran) are only make-believe (the rituals only, not the bani tho, that's true), O Siblings of Destiny; they do not relieve the anxiety of the heart. If you will only center yourself on the Lord, even for just a breath, then you shall see the Lord face-to-face, present before you.|| 1 ||
O human being, search your own heart every day, and do not wander around in confusion. This world is just a magic-show; no one will be holding your hand.|| 1 || Pause ||
Reading and studying falsehood, people are happy; in their ignorance, they speak nonsense. The True Creator Lord is diffused into His creation; He is not in the image the dark-skinned Krishna of legends.|| 2 ||
As I stated “With a lot of religions” not all, but as with all religions it must be contained and monitored to keep it in check.
If one becomes a mindless follower of the flock it can transform into something totally different.

You must think for yourself at all times, and watch for the slow and subtle changes.

No one should become as a god even the god you look for and worship.

Location hidden

#138133 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
like u can focus on santa, silly! come on, even the kids can do it, get with it u oldy!:)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#138134 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
He makes several good points though. I'm assuming your not gonna watch it, so here are a few:
Why do human fetuses grow a coat of hair while in the womb only to shed it shortly before birth? Why would god make that happen?
Vestigal organs on whales - evidence of rear legs. Creationists apparently say that these bones are "penis struts," which is hilarious.
Why do we have (broken) genes that code for egg yolk?
Why do we have genes that code for vitamin c, even though our bodies don't actually make it?
1. vestigial
2. vestigial
3. pseudogenes denote ancestry
4. co-evolution with fruit plants

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#138135 Nov 16, 2012
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
The red light at the intersection tells you what to do. Everybody tells you what to do. If you go to the grocerie store do you think you can do whatever your please without consequences? You can think whatever you want but it is always better if your thoughts conform with reality.
It society it is their way or prison in may cases. It's not like you can cruse down the interstate at 110 mph without other taking notice.
If your post is an example of someone who uses their brain than i am not seeing it. Your analysis is hostile and one sided and indicative of a mind the size of a mustard seed.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#138136 Nov 16, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is REAL.
It is?

Where is it?

Can we see it?

Can we touch it?

Can we hear it?
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're well on your way.
Really! You are the judge and jury?
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>

Satan has BLINDED your mind that you might not REALIZE that your soul is LOST without the Lord Jesus Christ. And that's....for REAL.
Again.

Satan is real?

Where is Satan?

Can we see Satan?

Can we touch Satan?

Can we hear Satan?

Can we talk to Satan?

If what you say is true please show us the proof of your truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Paul Scott 70,368
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Paul Scott 30,412
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 8 hr Paul Scott 3,818
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 13 hr greymouser 70,631
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat John 14,736
How To Get To Heaven When You Die Fri Eagle 12 87
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Fri Eagle 12 462
More from around the web