Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138002 Nov 16, 2012
I also love skipping his posts.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, I actually pay little attention to your posts, I don't have the time or the desire to try and decipher what your childish accented words mean. Once you again, its very obvious that you crave attention, that you somehow think what you're doing is "cool" and that people think "oh its just Bob being funny again." Well, it's neither funny nor intelligent in any way. Oh, you are drawing attention to yourself, but its people seeing what a desperate child you are begging for attention. You are pitiful. I'll just pass over all you posts from now on, like I do with the T town clown, or whatever his posting name is. Your posts contain NOTHING relevant or intelligent, the last word I'll ever post to you is ..........PITIFUL!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138003 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís one whale of a tale.
Iím sorry Doctor, I simply can not believe in tall tales of whales. Like I said, I just donít have the faith that you do to believe in such grand imaginations on the scale of a childrenís fantasy.
Theyíre mammals no doubt but many land creatures arenít mammals. So both land and sea contain mammals and non mammals. What it comes down to Doctor you have a greater faith.
On a more personal note Doctor, were you parents believers of Christ. Please take a minute and tell me about your Mom and Dad.
"Grand imaginations" are one thing, observable evidence is quite something else. One on side we have piles of evidence, you can touch it, see it, study it, examine it from every angle, that would be the information of the evolution of Whales. On the other side we have....well, not much. We have the words that are contained in a holy book, a book who's authors we are not sure of. A book that is obviously completely ignorant on matter of science, and i this case evolutionary science. Yet you make the most unusual choice of ignoring factual information and settling with a book of unsupported ideas, Without meaning to be rude, I do believe this is called WILLFULLY IGNORANT. It takes a "Grand Imagination" to accept that mankind appeared after a mythical being scooped up some dirt and blew on it. Then yanked out one of his ribs and a fully formed women magically appeared.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#138004 Nov 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In time of need I have seen atheist say "Oh, God, please don't let this happen."
It's their ignorant version of prayer.
I have said similar myself,ďOh god, Oh god, Ohhhh goddddd

That does not mean I was praying, it just means I was deifying the man giving me the pleasure I needed.

Had I not been brought up with the word god, perhaps Allah or salt biscuit I would have used another word.

#138005 Nov 16, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Nov12.....
..ListenUp Biff..
.....STOP 'stalking' BobLoblah ya cyberBully.
Ps:.....Vot's an Ugly 'troll-op' like you doin' in a Beautiful place like dis.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
When I want to talk to you Iíll rattle your cage

Stop stalking me

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#138006 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha yeah.. he does seem to have trouble letting other people talk. I just thought it was a funny joke.
I like him.

He doesn't mince words when it comes to religious science deniers, but he does it with humor.

I'd love to meet him in person.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#138007 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>A fair penance.
Boston creme.

Make sure there are plenty of Boston creme.

#138008 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha!
I thought it was funny too, obviously our friendly nob gobbler didnít

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#138009 Nov 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I also love skipping his posts.
Likewise.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#138010 Nov 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I also love skipping his posts.
At least he makes them recognizable at a glance.

Makes it much easier to scroll past.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#138011 Nov 16, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
No, I actually pay little attention to your posts, I don't havethe time orthe desire to try and decipher what your childish accented words mean. Once you again,its very obvious that you crave attention, that you somehow think what you're doing is "cool" and that people think "ohits just Bob being funny again." Well,it's neither funny nor intelligent in any way. Oh, you are drawing attention to yourself, butits people seeing what a desperate child you are begging for attention. You are pitiful. I'll just pass over all you posts from now on, like I do withthe T town clown, or whatever his posting name is. Your posts contain NOTHING relevant or intelligent,the last word I'll ever post to you is ..........PITIFUL!!
17Nov12.....

....Liar.

Yes you do read'em haul tooooooooo, jest like da udder lyin' eeejits in your class.

Ps:.....Let's see how long it vill beee before you post annudder word to BobLoblah....ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#138012 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Better eat up all those nice God-made bacteria to show your respect then. Stop washing your vegetables and never cook them! Us the old English recipes for meat - let it sit out for one week, if it's a fowl, and three if it's deer. After that you can gut them.

Bacteria reproduce every 20 minutes. There are billions times billions times billions times billions of the little guys around. Do you think that's what keeps God busy? He's always like "oh, no! I need another one over there! And over there! And there! And ther! Ther! The..! T..!" pretty soon, no more time on His hands. Only bacteria.

Finally, on Sunday, He climbs into bed, aching arms and knees, and says "Gosh darnit. I should have listened to Thor when He said evolution was the way to go..."
I read an article a couple of years ago that said one of the reasons we have mineral deficiencies now, and sometimes need mineral supplements, is that in pre industrial days, is that we don't eat enough dirt.

Back then, people ate vegetable pulled from the ground, maybe brushed them off or have them a quick rinse, and ate them.

Location hidden

#138013 Nov 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
17Nov12.....

.....You 'dinKing' have schidt-for-brains and cannot remember replying to haul BobLoblah's posts....especially to you, ya eeejit.

Ps:....and den sum toooooooooooo.

Have da police shown up at yer door yet for being part of the BBC's paedophilia scandal!!!!

...'Who's dat knockin' at my door
....It must be quarter ta four'(Rod Stewart)

Rod just hates being referred to as British, by da vey....but alas, you have yer Gary Glitter....covering yer back. Hun!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#138014 Nov 16, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
When I want to talk to you Iíll rattle your cage
Stop stalking me
17Nov12.....

....Waddsamadda....

Ps:....suffering vit yer 'seepage' problem again.

Stop stalking BobLoblah, ya 'troll-op'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#138015 Nov 16, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
I read an article a couple of years ago thatsaid one ofthe reasons we have mineral deficiencies now, and sometimes need mineral supplements, is that in pre industrial days, is that we don't eat enough dirt. Backthen, people ate vegetable pulled fromthe ground, maybe brushedthem off or havethem a quick rinse, and atethem.
17Nov12.....

.....Berry goot.

In adddition people ate plenty of fruits pulled from da trees dat were 'tainted' with birdSchidt of sorts. It helped the metabolism work better in humans and not to become so dainty and fragile like today....especially with females who got physical jobs and cannot keepHup like christineM and sidingDumbView and dat foul-mouthed transvestite 'dinKing'.

Ps: Pertinent to your last sentence: Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes.

(ate them and not atheism).

Go to da head of the schidt-for-brains class today.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#138016 Nov 16, 2012
He's a clustertwat.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he makes them recognizable at a glance.
Makes it much easier to scroll past.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#138017 Nov 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
He's a clustertwat.
<quoted text>
Shane Watson in second Test!

Game on!

As you can guess, Double Fine is on a sporting high
Joker

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#138018 Nov 16, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to be totally honest with you guys. I am a retard. Unfortunately for me, there is no vaccine for this level of stupidity.

I apologise to all of you, normal people and godbots, for ruining this thread.
Finally... some honesty!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#138019 Nov 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it when Bob posts if I haven't been on in awhile. It makes it easy to catch up. Scroll, scroll, scroll.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#138020 Nov 16, 2012
Salt biscuit! Lmfao
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said similar myself,ďOh god, Oh god, Ohhhh goddddd
That does not mean I was praying, it just means I was deifying the man giving me the pleasure I needed.
Had I not been brought up with the word god, perhaps Allah or salt biscuit I would have used another word.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#138021 Nov 16, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Grand imaginations" are one thing, observable evidence is quite something else. One on side we have piles of evidence, you can touch it, see it, study it, examine it from every angle, that would be the information of the evolution of Whales. On the other side we have....well, not much. We have the words that are contained in a holy book, a book who's authors we are not sure of. A book that is obviously completely ignorant on matter of science, and i this case evolutionary science. Yet you make the most unusual choice of ignoring factual information and settling with a book of unsupported ideas, Without meaning to be rude, I do believe this is called WILLFULLY IGNORANT. It takes a "Grand Imagination" to accept that mankind appeared after a mythical being scooped up some dirt and blew on it. Then yanked out one of his ribs and a fully formed women magically appeared.
My good Doctor, you have more faith than I do. I just can't believe a wolf like animal was running in the ocean and then turned into a whale. Iím not going to belittle you my good man. You have just got all caught up in the evolutionary net of nonsense.

You inspired me to go and review the so called evidence. Just as I thought, someoneís wild and fantastic imagination. They take a fossil and magically associates it with whales. Itís a Carney high pitch sales job done on the public.

To believe in evolution one must believe in magic. Because that is what it would take for a four legged creature to morph into a whale. I donít mean to be disrespectful to you my good Doctor, but you believe in fairy tales.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr woodtick57 2,407
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr _Bad Company 23,208
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr _Bad Company 163
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 21 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... Sun Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... Sun Thinking 3
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Dec 20 Yiago 148
More from around the web