Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,637)

Showing posts 132,721 - 132,740 of223,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hitler was a paid up catholic all his life. He also liked the occult. Atheists do not believe in either.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly - I cannot know how many times Hitler is tossed our way ..... but we can just toss him right back :)
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Replying twice to one of my posts. Mentalist. I've got you running like a (bad) dream!
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Nov12.....
.....and you 'dinKing', scream out dis jest as you ejaculate into your weekly troll-op.
Ps:...for a fee, of course.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Yes. Look what happens when you let Haliburton near *anything*. BP should be allowed to use British contractors in the future for the good of the environment. But that's not how US contracts work.
Eagle12 wrote:
I wonder if Tony Hayward got his life back after his company destroyed the eco system of the Gulf of Mexico.. The sad part of all this he should be locked up in one of our Gulf Coast Prisons. Since this site is about faith. I hope BP and other companies ďbelieveĒ they will get hammered if they fail to protect their employees and the environment.
The fine is a bit low. It should have been 15 or 20 billion. Like I said, itís disappointing Hayward didnít get charged with a felony.
The Wall street Journal.
#PLC agreed to accept criminal responsibility for the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster that killed 11 workers and to pay $4.5 billion in fines and restitution, the biggest penalty ever levied by the U.S. Justice Department.
But the oil producer still faces an even costlier battle with the government over civil penalties for the pollution unleashed when the drilling rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico and caused the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.
The oil damaged the region's important seafood and tourism industries, resulting in billions of dollars in lost revenue. For weeks, repeated efforts to stop the gushing crude failed, as underwater cameras sent the live images to TV viewers. Finally, almost three months later, the well was capped.
Under the agreement, BP said it will plead guilty to 11 felony counts of "seaman's manslaughter" relating to the deaths aboard the drilling rig, admitting that its workers were negligent when they misinterpreted a key well safety test.
The company also will plead guilty to one felony count of obstruction of Congress stemming from false information it gave about the rate that oil was leaking from the well.
In addition to the settlement Thursday, three former BP employees were charged by a federal grand jury with felonies in the incident, two of them for allegedly failing to carry out a critical safety test properly.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No dents, no problem! I honestly hope that you don't take my word for anything! I don't rake your word for anything; I research all claims, you should too.
I do Black Sheep, it is the pasting of many postings taken from many links, with my take on how I see it.
I am not sure whether I told you or not about wanting to buy plastic flowers for the three different grave sites I visited, but I searched the shops on the Thursday night before we were going, and couldnít find any anywhere.
However, I have some beautiful roses in bloom of my own, and decided to pick those and take in bowls of water (it is a 3 hour drive in the heat) and wrap them in foil to make posies. Actually, I think I have written this before, but not to worry, I am writing it in my journal and adding it to my Spiritual experiences.
When my Step Father passed away,(I received a message from him not long after his passing about his teeth, for those who might recall that event) he was cremated and put in a wall in the same cemetery as my Sister and Grandfather, and my Mother had her place next to him. She needed to go home to the little girl she lost about 60 years ago but a few months before she died, she said she changed her mind and wanted to be buried with her daughter, Gillian.
We werenít allow to bury her in that spot, although she never knew that while she was alive because she died so suddenly, because it was only a single depth grave. So, we did the next best thing and had her buried as close to Gillian as possible, and decided to take Step Father from the wall and place him in my Motherís coffin.
Took a bit of organising that, because it is so far away, but the funeral people did it while we were having our Ďwakeí at the Church she went to for 30 years or so.
Due to certain circumstances, we were one short of a pall bearer at the other end, so I ended up being one of Mumís bearers, and was very proud to do so.
When we arrived at the cemetery, it is all dry and dusty ground at the moment, but when it rains up there it can flood, so they have made a dirt track from the older graves to the newer ones, and Mum is nearly at the beginning of that trackÖ.
Right in front of Mumís grave was a brand new bunch of plastic flowers, which must have been blown from their bright purple basket, and my heart had another one of those events that gives one goosebumps of awe and happiness, an excitement it is hard to explain and hard to contain. I had the plastic flowers I had been searching for, right at the place I wanted them. I put the flowers into their container with a few rocks to hold it down, put it in front of Mumís little white cross (still waiting for her headstone) and took some photos.
Then I moved them into the empty plot next door,Ďcause I didnít know where they came from, but didnít want anyone thinking we had pinched them, and made up the posies with my daughter. I have a couple of lovely photos of my daughter cleaning the head plate and photos of my Grand Fathers grave, all with roses taken from my garden. That would have made my Step Father happy, he always laughed at my attempt at gardening :)
How much time have you spent researching your Angels, Black Sheep? Do you know how to use their energy to help resolve issues in your life? What do you know of contacting your ancestors and loved ones Black Sheep, who have moved to their other realm? What do you know of Scientists who acknowledge we are way too spectacular to be flukes of circumstance?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Have you studied on what has happened to the people they have harmed with their ignorance? Do you eat all natural foods and have you studied the complications that can arise from additives and chemicals? Have you ever questioned why obesity and diabetes is growing at such a huge rate, along with all of the other epidemics that are now on the scene?

You think GOD might be making bacteria for fun; then look at those in the country villages who survive into their 90ís and 100ís, hips and knees in place, no triple bypass, no daily needles for insulin, and marvel at how they can do it without the help of man(kind); because that is how it should and could be.

That is what we have to look forward to; if we are lucky.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
Have you studied on what has happened to the people they have harmed with their ignorance? Do you eat all natural foods and have you studied the complications that can arise from additives and chemicals? Have you ever questioned why obesity and diabetes is growing at such a huge rate, along with all of the other epidemics that are now on the scene?
You think GOD might be making bacteria for fun; then look at those in the country villages who survive into their 90ís and 100ís, hips and knees in place, no triple bypass, no daily needles for insulin, and marvel at how they can do it without the help of man(kind); because that is how it should and could be.
Better eat up all those nice God-made bacteria to show your respect then. Stop washing your vegetables and never cook them! Us the old English recipes for meat - let it sit out for one week, if it's a fowl, and three if it's deer. After that you can gut them.

Bacteria reproduce every 20 minutes. There are billions times billions times billions times billions of the little guys around. Do you think that's what keeps God busy? He's always like "oh, no! I need another one over there! And over there! And there! And ther! Ther! The..! T..!" pretty soon, no more time on His hands. Only bacteria.

Finally, on Sunday, He climbs into bed, aching arms and knees, and says "Gosh darnit. I should have listened to Thor when He said evolution was the way to go..."

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

There is much fail with him. He wants to discuss matters of science but lacks the education and ability to do so.

You can't play chess with a pigeon.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes your inability to think amuses me, and sometimes it gets on my nerves. Hiding types out this long, interesting post for you, and you respond with the same old "durrrr I can't believe it." Why even talk about it if you won't even consider it as a possibility?
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Whilst you're espousing all things natural, please don't forget to thank your god for childhood leukaemia.
Serah wrote:
NoticedToo

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Atheists require as much faith? No. Why? Because we're all atheist about something. Christians are atheist about all the other gods they don't believe in. Does it take faith about each and every other god they don't believe in?

Whenever I hear a believer say atheists have just as much faith as them I know I'm in the presence of a retard. All fully atheist people disbelieve in is one extra god more than a monotheist. However, they don't believe in all the other same gods as an atheist.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Interesting link on estimating bacteria numbers: 5x10^30. That's nearly a thousand billion billion for each one of us.

http://www.sdearthtimes.com/et0998/et0998s8.h...

If they get the vote we will feel under represented.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Better eat up all those nice God-made bacteria to show your respect then. Stop washing your vegetables and never cook them! Us the old English recipes for meat - let it sit out for one week, if it's a fowl, and three if it's deer. After that you can gut them.
Bacteria reproduce every 20 minutes. There are billions times billions times billions times billions of the little guys around. Do you think that's what keeps God busy? He's always like "oh, no! I need another one over there! And over there! And there! And ther! Ther! The..! T..!" pretty soon, no more time on His hands. Only bacteria.
Finally, on Sunday, He climbs into bed, aching arms and knees, and says "Gosh darnit. I should have listened to Thor when He said evolution was the way to go..."

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Whilst you're espousing all things natural, please don't forget to thank your god for childhood leukaemia.
<quoted text>
You against the Wallabies!!

Feeling confident? They had a shocker against France

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

NoticedToo wrote:
Atheists require as much faith? No. Why? Because we're all atheist about something. Christians are atheist about all the other gods they don't believe in. Does it take faith about each and every other god they don't believe in?
Whenever I hear a believer say atheists have just as much faith as them I know I'm in the presence of a retard. All fully atheist people disbelieve in is one extra god more than a monotheist. However, they don't believe in all the other same gods as an atheist.
Good post.

Stick around, amigo. Sounds like you have a few braincells working

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, of course. I haven't been to one of the monthly meeting lately so my grasp of the terminology is slipping.
I'll let it slide this time.

But next meeting, you have to bring the donuts.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>How many are there?
Millions.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Since your claim to fame is being a pilot.

Who was the first person to die in an airplane in world history?
Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge.

I love google.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, do creatards believe in soap?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You really love my posts, hey? You read each and every one so very carefully!
Do you memorize them? Pray on their veracity?
I'm quite flattered to have you as my groupie, Boblblbalha!
17Nov12.....

.....Naw......you 'sidingDumbPhew' are in love vit BobLoblah and can't bear to hear BobLoblah tell you to fuck off. Get Lost. Since your boyfriend 'soresAssKate' got tossed off the Topic by BobLoblah you ain't gettin' any and are shrivillin' away.

.You're da von who can't wait to readUP the posts of BobLoblah. You're addicted more than anyOne here (christineM...dat troll-op comes a close second)and are a 5-star suckHole. All da boys are laughing their arse off at you, ya hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist.

Ps:....ALL members know hereIN dat you are the von dat dreams of sucking the dick of BobLoblah everyDime you lay your skull of schidt-for-brains down on your filty pillow......while drooling down your chin.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Should be a great game. The Aussies will want blood. Shame it's not league though, we just beat France 48-4!
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You against the Wallabies!!
Feeling confident? They had a shocker against France

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
I wonder if Tony Hayward got his life back after his company destroyed the eco system of the Gulf of Mexico.. The sad part of all this he should be locked up in one of our Gulf Coast Prisons. Since this site is about faith. I hope BP and other companies ďbelieveĒ they will get hammered if they fail to protect their employees and the environment.
The fine is a bit low. It should have been 15 or 20 billion. Like I said, itís disappointing Hayward didnít get charged with a felony.
The Wall street Journal.
#PLC agreed to accept criminal responsibility for the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster that killed 11 workers and to pay $4.5 billion in fines and restitution, the biggest penalty ever levied by the U.S. Justice Department.
But the oil producer still faces an even costlier battle with the government over civil penalties for the pollution unleashed when the drilling rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico and caused the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.
The oil damaged the region's important seafood and tourism industries, resulting in billions of dollars in lost revenue. For weeks, repeated efforts to stop the gushing crude failed, as underwater cameras sent the live images to TV viewers. Finally, almost three months later, the well was capped.
In addition to the settlement Thursday, three former BP employees were charged by a federal grand jury with felonies in the incident, two of them for allegedly failing to carry out a critical safety test properly.
17Nov12.....
.....The 'Oil & Gas' business is the biggest and safest and high-salaried in the WholeWideWorld.
Nothing is FailSafe and sometimes schidt happens.
BP has been in existance for many, many years and BobLoblah has had the good fortune to work (on contract) for BP a few times around the world.
Yes, BP committed some errors in its operations in the Gulf of Mexico....and so has BroncoBama in its operations of protecting his citizens in Benghazi. BP has accepted full responsibility and is stepping forward to pay the price.
It should be noted that 'quite a few' local fisherman, especially shrimp fisherman, were compensated in 2010 and 2011 and 2012 without having to wait for this 'penalty sum' to come down. What they had to say includes wordings 'we made more each of these three years than we could have earned actually fishing and we didn't have to get up in the mornings to do so. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a blowOut every once in a while'.
These comments followed on the heels of Alaskan fisherman who garnished so much monies as a result of the Exxon Valdex's accident and spilling its cargo of crude. For years the local fishermen and their dogs were involved in cleaning up at top Dollars and today are retired millionaires. The area looks pretty clean toooooo.
Now, on the other hand, a few years later when there was 'another' supertanker that went aground off the coast of Scotland and spilled a 'Larger Cargo' than the Exxon Valdez, nobody heard much about it. Wanna know why, well it has to do with ALL the monies that environmentalists expect to make and pocket from the oil companies. In this case, NO oil company OWNED the cargo of oil. It was owned by speculators and these are money shifters who buy low and sell high (they even do it to their mothers). As such all the Greenpeacers and ILK had no time to expend to garnish no monies for their efforts. There was just nothing in it, even though there was MORE crude emptied into the seas than there was in Alaska.
Go figure.
Ps:....In addition, the Oil & Gas industry hires millions of people and is the sustanance of families around the WholeWideWorld.
BobLoblah knows. BobLoblah is von of dose toooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying you don't believe a Model T Ford was ever built because you didn't see it happen. We have the Model T, we have pictures of it, it sure looks like it was built once.
Something tells me this isn't the best analogy to use with eagle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 132,721 - 132,740 of223,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Mikko 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 4 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 5 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 6 hr Patrick 4
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 14 hr NightSerf 1
•••
•••