Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#137980 Nov 16, 2012
There is much fail with him. He wants to discuss matters of science but lacks the education and ability to do so.

You can't play chess with a pigeon.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes your inability to think amuses me, and sometimes it gets on my nerves. Hiding types out this long, interesting post for you, and you respond with the same old "durrrr I can't believe it." Why even talk about it if you won't even consider it as a possibility?
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#137981 Nov 16, 2012
Whilst you're espousing all things natural, please don't forget to thank your god for childhood leukaemia.
Serah wrote:
Have you studied on what has happened to the people they have harmed with their ignorance? Do you eat all natural foods and have you studied the complications that can arise from additives and chemicals? Have you ever questioned why obesity and diabetes is growing at such a huge rate, along with all of the other epidemics that are now on the scene?
You think GOD might be making bacteria for fun; then look at those in the country villages who survive into their 90ís and 100ís, hips and knees in place, no triple bypass, no daily needles for insulin, and marvel at how they can do it without the help of man(kind); because that is how it should and could be.
That is what we have to look forward to; if we are lucky.
NoticedToo

Loma Linda, CA

#137982 Nov 16, 2012
Atheists require as much faith? No. Why? Because we're all atheist about something. Christians are atheist about all the other gods they don't believe in. Does it take faith about each and every other god they don't believe in?

Whenever I hear a believer say atheists have just as much faith as them I know I'm in the presence of a retard. All fully atheist people disbelieve in is one extra god more than a monotheist. However, they don't believe in all the other same gods as an atheist.
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#137983 Nov 16, 2012
Interesting link on estimating bacteria numbers: 5x10^30. That's nearly a thousand billion billion for each one of us.

http://www.sdearthtimes.com/et0998/et0998s8.h...

If they get the vote we will feel under represented.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Better eat up all those nice God-made bacteria to show your respect then. Stop washing your vegetables and never cook them! Us the old English recipes for meat - let it sit out for one week, if it's a fowl, and three if it's deer. After that you can gut them.
Bacteria reproduce every 20 minutes. There are billions times billions times billions times billions of the little guys around. Do you think that's what keeps God busy? He's always like "oh, no! I need another one over there! And over there! And there! And ther! Ther! The..! T..!" pretty soon, no more time on His hands. Only bacteria.
Finally, on Sunday, He climbs into bed, aching arms and knees, and says "Gosh darnit. I should have listened to Thor when He said evolution was the way to go..."

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#137984 Nov 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Whilst you're espousing all things natural, please don't forget to thank your god for childhood leukaemia.
<quoted text>
You against the Wallabies!!

Feeling confident? They had a shocker against France

#137985 Nov 16, 2012
NoticedToo wrote:
Atheists require as much faith? No. Why? Because we're all atheist about something. Christians are atheist about all the other gods they don't believe in. Does it take faith about each and every other god they don't believe in?
Whenever I hear a believer say atheists have just as much faith as them I know I'm in the presence of a retard. All fully atheist people disbelieve in is one extra god more than a monotheist. However, they don't believe in all the other same gods as an atheist.
Good post.

Stick around, amigo. Sounds like you have a few braincells working

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#137986 Nov 16, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, of course. I haven't been to one of the monthly meeting lately so my grasp of the terminology is slipping.
I'll let it slide this time.

But next meeting, you have to bring the donuts.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#137987 Nov 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>How many are there?
Millions.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#137988 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Since your claim to fame is being a pilot.

Who was the first person to die in an airplane in world history?
Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge.

I love google.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#137989 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Better eat up all those nice God-made bacteria to show your respect then. Stop washing your vegetables and never cook them! Us the old English recipes for meat - let it sit out for one week, if it's a fowl, and three if it's deer. After that you can gut them.
Bacteria reproduce every 20 minutes. There are billions times billions times billions times billions of the little guys around. Do you think that's what keeps God busy? He's always like "oh, no! I need another one over there! And over there! And there! And ther! Ther! The..! T..!" pretty soon, no more time on His hands. Only bacteria.
Finally, on Sunday, He climbs into bed, aching arms and knees, and says "Gosh darnit. I should have listened to Thor when He said evolution was the way to go..."
Wait, do creatards believe in soap?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#137990 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You really love my posts, hey? You read each and every one so very carefully!
Do you memorize them? Pray on their veracity?
I'm quite flattered to have you as my groupie, Boblblbalha!
17Nov12.....

.....Naw......you 'sidingDumbPhew' are in love vit BobLoblah and can't bear to hear BobLoblah tell you to fuck off. Get Lost. Since your boyfriend 'soresAssKate' got tossed off the Topic by BobLoblah you ain't gettin' any and are shrivillin' away.

.You're da von who can't wait to readUP the posts of BobLoblah. You're addicted more than anyOne here (christineM...dat troll-op comes a close second)and are a 5-star suckHole. All da boys are laughing their arse off at you, ya hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist.

Ps:....ALL members know hereIN dat you are the von dat dreams of sucking the dick of BobLoblah everyDime you lay your skull of schidt-for-brains down on your filty pillow......while drooling down your chin.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#137991 Nov 16, 2012
Should be a great game. The Aussies will want blood. Shame it's not league though, we just beat France 48-4!
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You against the Wallabies!!
Feeling confident? They had a shocker against France

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#137992 Nov 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
I wonder if Tony Hayward got his life back after his company destroyed the eco system of the Gulf of Mexico.. The sad part of all this he should be locked up in one of our Gulf Coast Prisons. Since this site is about faith. I hope BP and other companies ďbelieveĒ they will get hammered if they fail to protect their employees and the environment.
The fine is a bit low. It should have been 15 or 20 billion. Like I said, itís disappointing Hayward didnít get charged with a felony.
The Wall street Journal.
#PLC agreed to accept criminal responsibility for the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster that killed 11 workers and to pay $4.5 billion in fines and restitution, the biggest penalty ever levied by the U.S. Justice Department.
But the oil producer still faces an even costlier battle with the government over civil penalties for the pollution unleashed when the drilling rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico and caused the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.
The oil damaged the region's important seafood and tourism industries, resulting in billions of dollars in lost revenue. For weeks, repeated efforts to stop the gushing crude failed, as underwater cameras sent the live images to TV viewers. Finally, almost three months later, the well was capped.
In addition to the settlement Thursday, three former BP employees were charged by a federal grand jury with felonies in the incident, two of them for allegedly failing to carry out a critical safety test properly.
17Nov12.....
.....The 'Oil & Gas' business is the biggest and safest and high-salaried in the WholeWideWorld.
Nothing is FailSafe and sometimes schidt happens.
BP has been in existance for many, many years and BobLoblah has had the good fortune to work (on contract) for BP a few times around the world.
Yes, BP committed some errors in its operations in the Gulf of Mexico....and so has BroncoBama in its operations of protecting his citizens in Benghazi. BP has accepted full responsibility and is stepping forward to pay the price.
It should be noted that 'quite a few' local fisherman, especially shrimp fisherman, were compensated in 2010 and 2011 and 2012 without having to wait for this 'penalty sum' to come down. What they had to say includes wordings 'we made more each of these three years than we could have earned actually fishing and we didn't have to get up in the mornings to do so. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a blowOut every once in a while'.
These comments followed on the heels of Alaskan fisherman who garnished so much monies as a result of the Exxon Valdex's accident and spilling its cargo of crude. For years the local fishermen and their dogs were involved in cleaning up at top Dollars and today are retired millionaires. The area looks pretty clean toooooo.
Now, on the other hand, a few years later when there was 'another' supertanker that went aground off the coast of Scotland and spilled a 'Larger Cargo' than the Exxon Valdez, nobody heard much about it. Wanna know why, well it has to do with ALL the monies that environmentalists expect to make and pocket from the oil companies. In this case, NO oil company OWNED the cargo of oil. It was owned by speculators and these are money shifters who buy low and sell high (they even do it to their mothers). As such all the Greenpeacers and ILK had no time to expend to garnish no monies for their efforts. There was just nothing in it, even though there was MORE crude emptied into the seas than there was in Alaska.
Go figure.
Ps:....In addition, the Oil & Gas industry hires millions of people and is the sustanance of families around the WholeWideWorld.
BobLoblah knows. BobLoblah is von of dose toooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#137995 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying you don't believe a Model T Ford was ever built because you didn't see it happen. We have the Model T, we have pictures of it, it sure looks like it was built once.
Something tells me this isn't the best analogy to use with eagle.

#137996 Nov 16, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions.
And Millions...!

Location hidden

#137997 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's practice for when I finally meet my father, Darth Vader.
But I thought you were james woods? Now you're leia?

Location hidden

#137998 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of it!
I have troubles watching Neil, especially when he's interviewing other people - he doesn't let them speak and he thinks his jokes are funny. Some are.
Haha yeah.. he does seem to have trouble letting other people talk. I just thought it was a funny joke.
Thinking

Dalry, UK

#137999 Nov 16, 2012
No.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Nov12.....
.....Yeah. You sure know what you are talking about, ya eeejit.
The 'Ocean Ranger' was filled with British contractors when it toppled over and 'went down' in 1982 taking All Hands along with it. The report that followed blamed the 'accident' on a simple matter of NOT turning the ballast and de-ballast valves in the correct fashion. Seems like the British bosses on board didn't read the 'manual' properly.
...and dere's the other one....da 'Production Platform' in the North Seas owned by Norway and operated and managed by British contractors. It exploded and caused the largest disaster of all.
While BP will say that BP is good (BobLoblah has worked for BP), BP is not No. 1.......Exxon is and has been for years. In addition Exxon is the largest corporation in the WholeWideworld. It hires Americans, Brits, and peoples from far beyond and 'trains' dem to do their jobs.
Ps:.....You don't know what you are talking about and continue to be a foul-mouthed schidt-for-brains. Get back under yer rock and fuck off.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#138000 Nov 16, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let it slide this time.
But next meeting, you have to bring the donuts.
A fair penance.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#138001 Nov 16, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Nov12.....
.....You are just 'annudder' eeejit dat pays 100% attention to haul da postings of BobLoblah and waits dere impatiently, hoping and praying (yes - praying) dat BobLoblah will send you some kind of message. ANY kind of message.
Ps:....Here's a message for you.....you are consistantly a schidt-for-brains, a loser, and a 5-Star eeejit.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
No, I actually pay little attention to your posts, I don't have the time or the desire to try and decipher what your childish accented words mean. Once you again, its very obvious that you crave attention, that you somehow think what you're doing is "cool" and that people think "oh its just Bob being funny again." Well, it's neither funny nor intelligent in any way. Oh, you are drawing attention to yourself, but its people seeing what a desperate child you are begging for attention. You are pitiful. I'll just pass over all you posts from now on, like I do with the T town clown, or whatever his posting name is. Your posts contain NOTHING relevant or intelligent, the last word I'll ever post to you is ..........PITIFUL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God' existence 8 hr Geezerjock 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 9 hr tha Professor 1,051
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 17 hr Morse 30
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Thu thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Thu thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Thu QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE