Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,629)

Showing posts 132,561 - 132,580 of224,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Who does that? If someone were to go around at work insulting people's religious beliefs, he/she should be fired too. However, I don't think there would be anything wrong with discussing a scientific theory. People shouldn't be so touchy about it. Does gravity upset you?
It does when I'm at 3,000 feet over water and the engine starts sputtering.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Chromosome 2 fused because it has teleomeres in the middle of it. They're only at the ends of chromosomes.
This is what a teleomere is: http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/telo...
It didn't fuse gradually. It fused in one go. After that, it was organized gradually.
How do we know?
"The Evidence
Evidence for fusing of two ancestral chromosomes to create human chromosome 2 and where there has been no fusion in other Great Apes is:
1) The analogous chromosomes (2p and 2q) in the non-human great apes can be shown, when laid end to end, to create an identical banding structure to the human chromosome 2.(1)
2) The remains of the sequence that the chromosome has on its ends (the telomere) is found in the middle of human chromosome 2 where the ancestral chromosomes fused.(2)
3) the detail of this region (pre-telomeric sequence, telomeric sequence, reversed telomeric sequence, pre-telomeric sequence) is exactly what we would expect from a fusion.(3)
4) this telomeric region is exactly where one would expect to find it if a fusion had occurred in the middle of human chromosome 2.
5) the centromere of human chromosome 2 lines up with the chimp chromosome 2p chromosomal centromere.
6) At the place where we would expect it on the human chromosome we find the remnants of the chimp 2q centromere (4)."
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.ht...
and
"Let us re-iterate what we find on human chromosome 2. Its centromere is at the same place as the chimpanzee chromosome 2p as determined by sequence similarity. Even more telling is the fact that on the 2q arm of the human chromosome 2 is the unmistakable remains of the original chromosome centromere of the common ancestor of human and chimp 2q chromosome, at the same position as the chimp 2q centromere (this structure in humans no longer acts as a centromere for chromosome 2."
(same link above)
Could that fusing be the result of gene splicing, or did someone stand too close to the microwave?

How was the bond made? Not the technique, but the molecular linkage? Anything removed to bond them? Which chemicals bonded at the ends?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/heal th-20268044
The body makes the mind?
Very cool article

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>He's one of this so indoctrinated in his religious beliefs that his mind simply cannot accept evolution. In doing so, he thinks it will invalidate his beliefs. You shouldn't be surprised, I'm sure you've seen this kind of mind poisoning before. But please keep trying as I enjoy the information you provide, it broadens my understanding.
16Nov12.....

.....any friend of 'sidingDumbPhew' like you 'glackBagoon' is an enemy of BobLoblah.

Ps:.....BobLoblah believes dat ven it comes to you, dere's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

...and den sum tooooooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Daaaa! You promised not to tell!!!
River...are they...are they getting bigger?
sayyes sayyes sayyes!
16Nov12.....

.....Your daddy's dinks so.

Ps:....and your mommy told your brother Yes. When she did so, your brother said "oh, I already know mommy".

....keeping it all in da family, you hussys.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Right you are, BobLoblah.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/elmo_ac...
Aa usual.
<quoted text>
16Nov12.....

Now, these eeejits sound like a lovely mixture of wonderful 'nextDoor' neighbors....just like da kind nextDoor to BobLoblah and BillGates.

..for sure nextDoor to you,'dinKing', ya paedophilic sisterFucker.

.....The man who accused Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was underage has been identified as a wannabe model with multiple prior arrests — including one for a knifepoint robbery, according to a report.

The accuser, identified by the Smoking Gun web site as Sheldon Stephens, contacted Clash’s bosses at “Sesame Street” to claim he had sex with Clash when he was 16 years old.

Stephens, 24, quickly recanted Tuesday, one day after the allegations became public and Clash, 52, was forced to take a leave of absence from the beloved childhood program.

APElmo puppeteer Kevin Clash.TMZ reported Stephens released the statement after lawyers for him and Clash began discussions on a possible “six-figure” financial settlement.

Clash, a divorced dad who lives on the Upper West Side, e-mailed Stephens in either 2010 or 2011 and apologized for not being able to keep his mind off the much younger man.

“I’m sorry that I keep talking to you about sex with you, it’s driving me insane,” Clash wrote, according to TMZ.

Stephens, of Harrisburg, Pa., lived in Brooklyn from 2007 to 2008 when, according to his résumé obtained by the Smoking Gun, he was an intern at Blowback Productions in Chelsea.

On his Facebook page, Stephens says,“I like to consider myself a rare breed. I’m very spontaneous and random...I’m determined and goal oriented. My destiny is laid on a solid gold brick pathway ... MY FUTURE IS BRIGHT and never will it dim.”

But Stephens’ past includes an arrest for allegedly robbing a former boss of a $250,000 gold necklace at knifepoint in 2009, according to the Smoking Gun.

Stephens allegedly ripped off the jewelry in California from music manager Darian Pollard after being fired from his internship.

Stephens was taken into custody after returning to Pennsylvania, but California authorities never pursued the case. the Smoking Gun reported.

Stephens, whose modeling Web site lists him as single, also has been arrested for passing a bad check, and reckless driving.

His mother, Felicia Stephens, 48, was busted in 2011 for allegedly stabbing her husband with scissors.

Felicia, charged with attempted murder, is free on bail pending trial in Pennsylvania.

Sheldon stood by his mother, telling the Harrisburg Patriot News,“My mom is the nicest person in the world.”

Sheldon did not return requests for comment.

Ps:.....'dinKing' remains a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Psssstttt ~ Christians are Christians; it is not a matter of whether one calls themselves Catholic, Lutheran, Church of England, Presbyterian, Mormon; it is the acts of the individual that is what counts, not the name. We are known for our works; and the scriptures themselves tell us that there will be many who sit in their riches at the front of the Church, there will be those that continually Pray many times a day; but it is our ACTS that count.
Psst ~ a Christian is in behavior and intentions that are Christ Like....
16Nov12.....

......Right.

Ps:....and for those hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists who keep insisting that 'ol Hitler was a Christian, bullschidt. Hitler was an hAtheist..just like them. So was Stalin, Pol Pot, Napoleon, Genghis Khan, and the other whole 9 yards that have murdered more people than the Bible can shake a stick at.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a crush on Dave, too???
Oh, no, competition!
16Nov12.....

.....and you just continue to be 'jealous' don't you, ya schidt-for-brains, whenever BobLoblah takes sides vit annudder poster hereIN against your hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic rants and manure-slinging.

Ps:.....There is nothing better that you would ever want than to have BobLoblah in 'your corner'.

....unfortunately for you (and berry pleasurable for BobLoblah), da only dime you vill ever have BobLoblah in your corner is ven BobLoblah is giving you a frenchKiss on yer arseHole vit BobLoblah's boot.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Boblahblahahaha, if I'm not mistaken, you just accused me of being a cyberbully. But here you are giving very, very bad instructions about acid to impressionable young ladies.
I most emphatically don't think that's very nice of you.
Most emphatically!
16Nov12.....

......dat 'sulphuricAcid enema up yer arseHole vill do wonders in 'reaming' out all dat schidt-for-brains dat you call your mentality.

Ps:....BobLoblah is just trying to 'cleanUP' your act.

...and it is an act. In the midst of your panic attacks at night, you scream out for your mommy and GOD.

...and of course, BobLoblah tooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta update your OLD news, Boblbahsahalha:
"Tickle This Elmo … Kevin Clash, the Voice of Sesame Street’s Elmo Accused of Having ‘Sexual Relationship with Underage Boy (Update: Accuser Recants Allegations)"
It turns out they had an adult relationship - so there!
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/11/13/tickle-th...
16Nov12.....

......They sure did have a relationship....and you would fit right in with the kind of partners that Clash looks around for tooooo. After all, you started off vit yer brudder.

Ps:.....Clash has been taking advantage of his relationship with 'Elemo' and has been screwing him & others for years.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You love hearing about crabs?
Dude...
16Nov12.....

.....ppssssttttt

Ps:.....He snares a supply of crabs off of 'sidingDumbPhew' every udder Thurdsday.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
When I learn to speak Japanese I'm going to come train with you and we'll rule from the shadows.
I'm going to change my name to Shinobu Suzuki.
16Biv12,,,,,

.....and if you bring your camera...while having da permanent runs..

Ps:....Bobloblah will call you 'da snap-happy Jappy with the schidt-happy Pappy'.

....remember vere you heard it 'first'.(BobLoblah)

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.
16Nov12.....

.....LIAR....

Ps:....AnyVon but you, ya pencilDick and ballessm unpatriotic, eeejit.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fusion of chromosome #2 in one is exciting.
This means that a human kind appeared suddenly with 46 chromosomes.
It also means the chromosomes have been unchanged since #2 first fused.
All this discussion proves man didn’t evolve as claimed. A slow gradual change over 6 million years is not possible if chromosome #2 fused in one event.
This means there had to have been a first. A first man with the 46 chromosomes with #2 fused. That first man was Adam.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA. Eagle, I love you. The way you can seamlessly take something so utterly contradictory to your belief system, twist it around and make it fit all nice and pretty.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It does when I'm at 3,000 feet over water and the engine starts sputtering.
In that case I can see how you would be very upset about the existence of gravity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You rub piss on your joints for arthritis?!?
Might I suggest NSAIDs? Start with ibuprofen - you can easily take 2 tablets per 4 hours but, if you have a doctor monitoring you, you might be able to take more.
I don't think the piss will help you, Boblbalyahg. Those people who pour it on you are just stealing your money.
Or you could try acupuncture.
16Nov12.....

.....BobLoblah does Not and Never have taken any drugs of any kind.

Ps:.....Except for one time while working in da '70s in the far Northern regions of the former USSR and BobLoblah became constipated. On visiting the doctor, the doctor gave BobLoblah some suppositories, but when BobLoblah got home BobLoblah could Not figure out how to use them having never seen, nor heard of them before.

....and so Bobloblah ate them.

....and Nothing happened.

..BobLoblah returned to the doctor and when da doctor asked BobLoblah how were things going 'down below'...BobLoblah replied:

'Doc, it would have been better if BobLoblah had shoved these things up BobLoblah's arse'.

Needless to say, dat doctor is still reeling.

...and so are you tooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cool article
"Another Canadian patient, Steven Graham, was able to demonstrate that he had laid down new memories since his brain injury. Mr Graham answers yes when asked whether his sister has a daughter. His niece was born after his car accident five years ago."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20268044

Most intriguing, eh?

Did they tell him that on a hospital visit? I wonder how long after his accident the birth occurred.

“Catch a Troll by the toe.”

Since: Nov 12

Match the Socks if you Darn.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Anyone that wants to poke a Troll with a stick, or match up a pair of Socks - swing on by the Topix Troll Café.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TH0M17G...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Nov12.....
.....BobLoblah does Not and Never have taken any drugs of any kind.
Ps:.....Except for one time while working in da '70s in the far Northern regions of the former USSR and BobLoblah became constipated. On visiting the doctor, the doctor gave BobLoblah some suppositories, but when BobLoblah got home BobLoblah could Not figure out how to use them having never seen, nor heard of them before.
....and so Bobloblah ate them.
....and Nothing happened.
..BobLoblah returned to the doctor and when da doctor asked BobLoblah how were things going 'down below'...BobLoblah replied:
'Doc, it would have been better if BobLoblah had shoved these things up BobLoblah's arse'.
Needless to say, dat doctor is still reeling.
...and so are you tooooooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
ROFL!

+1

Double Fine likes this

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 132,561 - 132,580 of224,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••