Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244956 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#137808 Nov 15, 2012
Some thoughts on why Christians try to justify the existence of the mythical Adam & Eve. I wasted a lot of time on this stuff when I was a deluded Christian.

The theology of Christianity is based largely on the writings of Paul. Paul writes in his letters that Jesus is the second Adam. The first Adam is a sinful man and the second Adam the perfect man. The silly story of the talking snake is actually the basis for christianity. They need to accept that we are all sinfull POS because of the actions of Adam and Eve in the garden of eden in eating an apple off a magical tree, because God told them not to.

The fall of man is the foundation for the whole myth. Cause the fall is the reason given for the need for a redeemer i.e. Jesus. Without an Adam and Eve, there is no fall of man, without the fall of man, there is no need for redemption. No Adam, no fall of man, no redeemer.

So catholic and mainstream churches have abandoned the 6 day creation in light of the overwhelming evidence of an old earth, and evidence of evolution. But they still cling to the mythical fall of man. Knowing that without a talking snake and first man, and rib woman, the house of cards falls down. Hence our resident fundies will sometimes accept evolution, but never back down over mythical first man and woman.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#137809 Nov 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Another, highly qualified, genius! Thank god we have these highly educated, god fearing, people to keep us straight! Otherwise, we might fall for the bs that scientists are pushing.
***Matthew 103:0 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows***

***Forensic investigators look for two different types of DNA in a strand of hair. Traditionally they look for nuclear DNA (nDNA) which comes from the nucleolus and you can get that if the strand of hair as the follicle intact and not too damaged. This is primary, but you can still get DNA from the hair shaft itself without the use of the follicle. This is Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), and though this type of DNA has less information than nuclear DNA, it is very stable and that's great for investigators or scientists because you can even extract that type of DNA from mummies that are many thousands of years old. So if you're wondering if you can be caught by the police if all they have is a piece of hair with no follicle, yes you can! The downside of using mtDNA versus nDNA is mitochondrial DNA is passed on from the mother, so if you pluck 3 pieces of hair, one from the mother, one from the brother, and the other from the sister, they will ALL be identical. So in this case it is no good at determining who is who. But if it's a random murder site where the suspect is being matched with a hair shaft, they are able to make a positive ID match that hair.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_scientists_g... ***

As a Tarot reader, I look for the cryptic 'image' or that which is seen within. There are many scriptures that I find fascinating and there are many scriptures that I can easily apply to my life. I have no doubts that others on a spiritual pathway will experience their own unique moments. Some things swim with time, and some things don't.

When things don't pan out the way science has promised, they just change their minds and say it is in the best interests of science ~ and many believe it is! Me thinks, for some reason, Black Sheep, you are one who will believe the scientists, forgive them for what they have done with their lies and deceit, and believe the next thing they have to say.

I think I AM already at the point you will end up, purely and simply because you are denying the very point of your own existence. Where I AM having fun in life and laughing, you are busy scoffing, and dragging out old Scriptures to support your scoffing.

If you think I am not making a dent in your faith of no faith, then let me assure you that you are not making a dent in my faith; you are just helping me water it!!

#137810 Nov 15, 2012
Adam wrote:
Some thoughts on why Christians try to justify the existence of the mythical Adam & Eve. I wasted a lot of time on this stuff when I was a deluded Christian.
The theology of Christianity is based largely on the writings of Paul. Paul writes in his letters that Jesus is the second Adam. The first Adam is a sinful man and the second Adam the perfect man. The silly story of the talking snake is actually the basis for christianity. They need to accept that we are all sinfull POS because of the actions of Adam and Eve in the garden of eden in eating an apple off a magical tree, because God told them not to.
The fall of man is the foundation for the whole myth. Cause the fall is the reason given for the need for a redeemer i.e. Jesus. Without an Adam and Eve, there is no fall of man, without the fall of man, there is no need for redemption. No Adam, no fall of man, no redeemer.
So catholic and mainstream churches have abandoned the 6 day creation in light of the overwhelming evidence of an old earth, and evidence of evolution. But they still cling to the mythical fall of man. Knowing that without a talking snake and first man, and rib woman, the house of cards falls down. Hence our resident fundies will sometimes accept evolution, but never back down over mythical first man and woman.
Evolution is adaption ~ extinction is failure to adapt.

#137811 Nov 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Omfg you didn't catch that! Pfffffffttttttt bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Wow you and eagle just keep getting dumber this is priceless! You idiots are like the stupid kid who keeps trying to argue with the smart kids in class and are to stupid to realize how bad you are failing and how everyone is giggling at you!
Oh keep it up Forrest Gump! Keep dancing red faced for our amusement!
Hahahaha!
Psssst Catholics are Christians!
<quoted text>
Psssstttt ~ Christians are Christians; it is not a matter of whether one calls themselves Catholic, Lutheran, Church of England, Presbyterian, Mormon; it is the acts of the individual that is what counts, not the name. We are known for our works; and the scriptures themselves tell us that there will be many who sit in their riches at the front of the Church, there will be those that continually Pray many times a day; but it is our ACTS that count.

Psst ~ a Christian is in behavior and intentions that are Christ Like....

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#137812 Nov 15, 2012
Wow RR even Serah knows this! Time to get an MRI of your head if you know what I mean man.

:)
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Psssstttt ~ Christians are Christians; it is not a matter of whether one calls themselves Catholic, Lutheran, Church of England, Presbyterian, Mormon; it is the acts of the individual that is what counts, not the name. We are known for our works; and the scriptures themselves tell us that there will be many who sit in their riches at the front of the Church, there will be those that continually Pray many times a day; but it is our ACTS that count.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#137813 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Who does that? If someone were to go around at work insulting people's religious beliefs, he/she should be fired too. However, I don't think there would be anything wrong with discussing a scientific theory. People shouldn't be so touchy about it. Does gravity upset you?
It does when I'm at 3,000 feet over water and the engine starts sputtering.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#137814 Nov 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Chromosome 2 fused because it has teleomeres in the middle of it. They're only at the ends of chromosomes.
This is what a teleomere is: http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/telo...
It didn't fuse gradually. It fused in one go. After that, it was organized gradually.
How do we know?
"The Evidence
Evidence for fusing of two ancestral chromosomes to create human chromosome 2 and where there has been no fusion in other Great Apes is:
1) The analogous chromosomes (2p and 2q) in the non-human great apes can be shown, when laid end to end, to create an identical banding structure to the human chromosome 2.(1)
2) The remains of the sequence that the chromosome has on its ends (the telomere) is found in the middle of human chromosome 2 where the ancestral chromosomes fused.(2)
3) the detail of this region (pre-telomeric sequence, telomeric sequence, reversed telomeric sequence, pre-telomeric sequence) is exactly what we would expect from a fusion.(3)
4) this telomeric region is exactly where one would expect to find it if a fusion had occurred in the middle of human chromosome 2.
5) the centromere of human chromosome 2 lines up with the chimp chromosome 2p chromosomal centromere.
6) At the place where we would expect it on the human chromosome we find the remnants of the chimp 2q centromere (4)."
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.ht...
and
"Let us re-iterate what we find on human chromosome 2. Its centromere is at the same place as the chimpanzee chromosome 2p as determined by sequence similarity. Even more telling is the fact that on the 2q arm of the human chromosome 2 is the unmistakable remains of the original chromosome centromere of the common ancestor of human and chimp 2q chromosome, at the same position as the chimp 2q centromere (this structure in humans no longer acts as a centromere for chromosome 2."
(same link above)
Could that fusing be the result of gene splicing, or did someone stand too close to the microwave?

How was the bond made? Not the technique, but the molecular linkage? Anything removed to bond them? Which chemicals bonded at the ends?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#137815 Nov 15, 2012

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#137816 Nov 15, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/heal th-20268044
The body makes the mind?
Very cool article

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#137817 Nov 15, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>He's one of this so indoctrinated in his religious beliefs that his mind simply cannot accept evolution. In doing so, he thinks it will invalidate his beliefs. You shouldn't be surprised, I'm sure you've seen this kind of mind poisoning before. But please keep trying as I enjoy the information you provide, it broadens my understanding.
16Nov12.....

.....any friend of 'sidingDumbPhew' like you 'glackBagoon' is an enemy of BobLoblah.

Ps:.....BobLoblah believes dat ven it comes to you, dere's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

...and den sum tooooooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137818 Nov 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Daaaa! You promised not to tell!!!
River...are they...are they getting bigger?
sayyes sayyes sayyes!
16Nov12.....

.....Your daddy's dinks so.

Ps:....and your mommy told your brother Yes. When she did so, your brother said "oh, I already know mommy".

....keeping it all in da family, you hussys.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137819 Nov 15, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Right you are, BobLoblah.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/elmo_ac...
Aa usual.
<quoted text>
16Nov12.....

Now, these eeejits sound like a lovely mixture of wonderful 'nextDoor' neighbors....just like da kind nextDoor to BobLoblah and BillGates.

..for sure nextDoor to you,'dinKing', ya paedophilic sisterFucker.

.....The man who accused Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was underage has been identified as a wannabe model with multiple prior arrests — including one for a knifepoint robbery, according to a report.

The accuser, identified by the Smoking Gun web site as Sheldon Stephens, contacted Clash’s bosses at “Sesame Street” to claim he had sex with Clash when he was 16 years old.

Stephens, 24, quickly recanted Tuesday, one day after the allegations became public and Clash, 52, was forced to take a leave of absence from the beloved childhood program.

APElmo puppeteer Kevin Clash.TMZ reported Stephens released the statement after lawyers for him and Clash began discussions on a possible “six-figure” financial settlement.

Clash, a divorced dad who lives on the Upper West Side, e-mailed Stephens in either 2010 or 2011 and apologized for not being able to keep his mind off the much younger man.

“I’m sorry that I keep talking to you about sex with you, it’s driving me insane,” Clash wrote, according to TMZ.

Stephens, of Harrisburg, Pa., lived in Brooklyn from 2007 to 2008 when, according to his résumé obtained by the Smoking Gun, he was an intern at Blowback Productions in Chelsea.

On his Facebook page, Stephens says,“I like to consider myself a rare breed. I’m very spontaneous and random...I’m determined and goal oriented. My destiny is laid on a solid gold brick pathway ... MY FUTURE IS BRIGHT and never will it dim.”

But Stephens’ past includes an arrest for allegedly robbing a former boss of a $250,000 gold necklace at knifepoint in 2009, according to the Smoking Gun.

Stephens allegedly ripped off the jewelry in California from music manager Darian Pollard after being fired from his internship.

Stephens was taken into custody after returning to Pennsylvania, but California authorities never pursued the case. the Smoking Gun reported.

Stephens, whose modeling Web site lists him as single, also has been arrested for passing a bad check, and reckless driving.

His mother, Felicia Stephens, 48, was busted in 2011 for allegedly stabbing her husband with scissors.

Felicia, charged with attempted murder, is free on bail pending trial in Pennsylvania.

Sheldon stood by his mother, telling the Harrisburg Patriot News,“My mom is the nicest person in the world.”

Sheldon did not return requests for comment.

Ps:.....'dinKing' remains a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137820 Nov 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Psssstttt ~ Christians are Christians; it is not a matter of whether one calls themselves Catholic, Lutheran, Church of England, Presbyterian, Mormon; it is the acts of the individual that is what counts, not the name. We are known for our works; and the scriptures themselves tell us that there will be many who sit in their riches at the front of the Church, there will be those that continually Pray many times a day; but it is our ACTS that count.
16Nov12.....

......Right.

Ps:....and for those hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists who keep insisting that 'ol Hitler was a Christian, bullschidt. Hitler was an hAtheist..just like them. So was Stalin, Pol Pot, Napoleon, Genghis Khan, and the other whole 9 yards that have murdered more people than the Bible can shake a stick at.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137821 Nov 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a crush on Dave, too???
Oh, no, competition!
16Nov12.....

.....and you just continue to be 'jealous' don't you, ya schidt-for-brains, whenever BobLoblah takes sides vit annudder poster hereIN against your hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic rants and manure-slinging.

Ps:.....There is nothing better that you would ever want than to have BobLoblah in 'your corner'.

....unfortunately for you (and berry pleasurable for BobLoblah), da only dime you vill ever have BobLoblah in your corner is ven BobLoblah is giving you a frenchKiss on yer arseHole vit BobLoblah's boot.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137822 Nov 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Boblahblahahaha, if I'm not mistaken, you just accused me of being a cyberbully. But here you are giving very, very bad instructions about acid to impressionable young ladies.
I most emphatically don't think that's very nice of you.
Most emphatically!
16Nov12.....

......dat 'sulphuricAcid enema up yer arseHole vill do wonders in 'reaming' out all dat schidt-for-brains dat you call your mentality.

Ps:....BobLoblah is just trying to 'cleanUP' your act.

...and it is an act. In the midst of your panic attacks at night, you scream out for your mommy and GOD.

...and of course, BobLoblah tooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137823 Nov 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta update your OLD news, Boblbahsahalha:
"Tickle This Elmo … Kevin Clash, the Voice of Sesame Street’s Elmo Accused of Having ‘Sexual Relationship with Underage Boy (Update: Accuser Recants Allegations)"
It turns out they had an adult relationship - so there!
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/11/13/tickle-th...
16Nov12.....

......They sure did have a relationship....and you would fit right in with the kind of partners that Clash looks around for tooooo. After all, you started off vit yer brudder.

Ps:.....Clash has been taking advantage of his relationship with 'Elemo' and has been screwing him & others for years.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137824 Nov 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You love hearing about crabs?
Dude...
16Nov12.....

.....ppssssttttt

Ps:.....He snares a supply of crabs off of 'sidingDumbPhew' every udder Thurdsday.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137825 Nov 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
When I learn to speak Japanese I'm going to come train with you and we'll rule from the shadows.
I'm going to change my name to Shinobu Suzuki.
16Biv12,,,,,

.....and if you bring your camera...while having da permanent runs..

Ps:....Bobloblah will call you 'da snap-happy Jappy with the schidt-happy Pappy'.

....remember vere you heard it 'first'.(BobLoblah)

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137826 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.
16Nov12.....

.....LIAR....

Ps:....AnyVon but you, ya pencilDick and ballessm unpatriotic, eeejit.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#137827 Nov 15, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fusion of chromosome #2 in one is exciting.
This means that a human kind appeared suddenly with 46 chromosomes.
It also means the chromosomes have been unchanged since #2 first fused.
All this discussion proves man didn’t evolve as claimed. A slow gradual change over 6 million years is not possible if chromosome #2 fused in one event.
This means there had to have been a first. A first man with the 46 chromosomes with #2 fused. That first man was Adam.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA. Eagle, I love you. The way you can seamlessly take something so utterly contradictory to your belief system, twist it around and make it fit all nice and pretty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min ChristineM 10,951
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 21 min Paul Porter1 20,627
John 3:16 1 hr thetruth 83
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr thetruth 14,666
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Sat NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" Fri Shizle 20
More from around the web