Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#137716 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Not so much actually. There's something about piss that just doesn't agree with me. I don't know, I might be strange here, and I know it's your drink of choice, but I just can't imagine piss is all that tasty.
Do you drink it for health reasons? Some people - incorrectly - think it helps you lose weight. Others think it has some kind of medicinal properties. There're a few cultures where the people take magic mushrooms, get high, and then drink their urine because the metabolites of magic mushrooms also make you high. Reindeer will actually drink the piss of humans who've ingested drunks like magic mushrooms for these reasons - aggressively.
So why do you drink it, Boblablahaha?
15Nov12.....

...ListenUp, ya delinquent cyberBully eeejit...

.....and so you have answered BobLoblah's question by saying dat you do Not drink piss.

..so vot!!!!.....but you obviously have schidtBreath.

Ps:.....Piss rubbed on joints is goot fer arthritis. Check vit your 'MaggotKing' who resides not dat far from you in Jolly 'ol Eeeenglind.

You 'sidingDumbPhew' remain a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137717 Nov 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol.. no, I did not. T'was a joke.
15Nov12.....

.....LIAR....

Ps:....yes you dit, and you know hit tooooooo. Both you and 'sidingDumbPhew' did it while getting laid out behind da barn somewheres.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#137718 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
My ovaries hurt when I think about him <sigh>. I often wake up dreaming I'm on that magical pilgrimage to his little water stained stucko house, with its smoke-yellow windows and slight smog hanging over the kitchen. But I'll never get there. Never be among the chosen few.
15Nov12.....

.....BobLoblah is.

Ps:....and den sum tooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#137719 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"Two major goals of laboratory evolution experiments are to integrate from genotype to phenotype to fitness, and to understand the genetic basis of adaptation in natural populations. Here we demonstrate that both goals are possible by re-examining the outcome of a previous laboratory evolution experiment in which the bacteriophage G4 was adapted to high temperatures. We quantified the evolutionary changes in the thermal reaction norms—the curves that describe the effect of temperature on the growth rate of the phages—and decomposed the changes into modes of biological interest. Our analysis indicated that changes in optimal temperature accounted for almost half of the evolutionary changes in thermal reaction norm shape, and made the largest contribution toward adaptation at high temperatures. Genome sequencing allowed us to associate reaction norm shape changes with particular nucleotide mutations, and several of the identified mutations were found to be polymorphic in natural populations."
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info%3Adoi...
"We outline similarities between this well-studied system and several recent examples of adaptive evolution associated with heritable mutator phenotype in a similarly small proportion of survivors of selection in nature and in the lab."
http://www.genetics.org/content/148/4/1559.fu...
"Evolution in the Lab: Biocide Resistance in E. coli"
http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.1662/0002-76... (2003)065%5B0056:EITLBR%5D2.0. CO%3B2
"Laboratory selection for desiccation resistance, which has been imposed on five replicate populations of Drosophila melanogaster for >200 generations, has resulted in enhanced survivability during periods of extreme water stress. The ability of these populations to persistently resist the fatal effects of desiccation is correlated with evolved physiological traits, namely preferential storage of carbohydrates (associated with reduced lipid reserves) and a dramatic increase in blood volume, which has led to a significant increase in extracellular sodium and chloride content, as well as body mass. When compared to other populations of this drosophilid species, these adaptive traits are unique."
http://icb.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/3/49...
Not in the lab:
"Coevolution of Host and Virus: The Pathogenesis of Virulent and Attenuated Strains of Myxoma Virus in Resistant and Susceptible European Rabbits"
https://rowan.biology.ualberta.ca/courses/imi...
"Comparative genomics of the lactic acid bacteria"
http://www.pnas.org/content/103/42/15611.full
"Hox genes in brachiopods and priapulids and protostome evolution"
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v399/n67...
I could do this all day. There are literally hundreds of thousands of papers published about evolution every year.
Stick your head back in the sand or open your eyes.
You are way out of my league sweetheart. I’m like standing here on earth and you are soaring at 50,000.’

Location hidden

#137720 Nov 14, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking the hands grabbing the edges of the bed and the arching back has something to do with the stream of piss.
I'll have to research this in much greater detail. I'll let you know.
17Nov12.....

.....seeing as how BobLoblah brought up da subject of 'sidingDumbView' drinking piss...

Ps:.....why don't you see what a Sulphuric Acid enema upp'er arse can do for her as well.

...dis otta be interestin'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#137721 Nov 14, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
Wow! "sexy ninja girl" gives you 15 million results.
Have fun!

Tide...you...know they're not ninjas, right? A kunoichi would never be photographed. Too faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast==== ======>

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137722 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way out of my league sweetheart. I’m like standing here on earth and you are soaring at 50,000.’
Then you'll just have to trust me.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#137723 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with you on that thought based on the word you used,“If.”
Preaching to your co workers about the majesty of jesus and the lies of the evolutionist cabal is a pretty good indicator of his inability to think objectively.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#137724 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks dude.

But I'd really prefer that you didn't call me sweetheart.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#137725 Nov 14, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>15Nov12.....
.....LIAR....
Ps:....yes you dit, and you know hit tooooooo. Both you and 'sidingDumbPhew' did it while getting laid out behind da barn somewheres.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Yep.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137727 Nov 14, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
...ListenUp, ya delinquent cyberBully eeejit...
.....and so you have answered BobLoblah's question by saying dat you do Not drink piss.
..so vot!!!!.....but you obviously have schidtBreath.
Ps:.....Piss rubbed on joints is goot fer arthritis. Check vit your 'MaggotKing' who resides not dat far from you in Jolly 'ol Eeeenglind.
You 'sidingDumbPhew' remain a schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You rub piss on your joints for arthritis?!?

Might I suggest NSAIDs? Start with ibuprofen - you can easily take 2 tablets per 4 hours but, if you have a doctor monitoring you, you might be able to take more.

I don't think the piss will help you, Boblbalyahg. Those people who pour it on you are just stealing your money.

Or you could try acupuncture.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137728 Nov 14, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....BobLoblah is.
Ps:....and den sum tooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You have a crush on Dave, too???

Oh, no, competition!

Southern Illinois

#137729 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What Eagle is not telling you is that this person insisted on trying to convert those around him to his strange beliefs, much like Eagle insists on posting his delusions about evolution rather than addressing them.
All that person's coworkers said that his behavior was grossly inappropriate.
We don't know all the facts Hiding.

Here we have a established scientist that has advanced to the top.

Leading a team of other scientist.

He worked for NASA 15 years. This wasn’t a probationary employee.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137730 Nov 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not really a hobby. Fetish would be the better word.
Ok. So I just left my hotel room to venture out into the scary American City nightscape to get my beer. The first drama I see is a young lady, mumbling to herself, taking off her clothes outside a cafe. Yeah, she's young enough to be cute, but she's freaky scary and sounding like an old homeless lady (what do you call them again?). Then she tosses her pants at a wall and screams "I'll kill them!"

I avoid her, wondering if it's drugs or schizophrenia, and venture down the road to find two young women holding hands, both with short cropped hair. I think "hmmm...not Korean, so they're lesbians! HL would be so glad to see them!" and then, with that in mind, pass this coffee shop/small bar I could never quite figure out - it's always full of men who never glance in my direction at all. Ah! Finally, it dawns on me! Gay bar!

Then I find the beershop. One Guiness, two Sierra Nevada - yum!

Leaving there, I narrowly avoid a young Latino man who is apparently showing off his anger to a homeless, nearly toothless, black woman by dancing a little jig, bum faced toward her. She starts screaming hateful vengeance while he walks away, a skip to his step.

I walk around her, she starts shouting something like "I'll kill him!" smoking too, and we're right beside the original crazy girl who is now saying "I'll find the axe. The axe."

I try to find a "Hiding-safe" spot on the corner, but a guy on a skateboard blasts by - so he needed the corner down-ramp - and when I move back to the corner, trying to appear invisible, a powered wheel chair'd person drives up - I have to move again.

And some guy, smoking, turns and looks at me and says something. Walks a bit away. Turns back. Says "you can't hide."

I'm like "F*ck! Dave found me!"

Run back to my hotel room, drinking my beer, listening to a couple screaming bloody murder at each other - I don't think they're insane, just angry.

Ah, Guinness.

America, I love your country!

Oh, and the beer salesperson gave me a free bottle opener. That was neighborly of him :)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137731 Nov 14, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Nov12.....
.....seeing as how BobLoblah brought up da subject of 'sidingDumbView' drinking piss...
Ps:.....why don't you see what a Sulphuric Acid enema upp'er arse can do for her as well.
...dis otta be interestin'.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Boblahblahahaha, if I'm not mistaken, you just accused me of being a cyberbully. But here you are giving very, very bad instructions about acid to impressionable young ladies.

I most emphatically don't think that's very nice of you.

Most emphatically!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#137732 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you feel qualified to write this:
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you what, how about you showing me some of that real undeniable proof. I’m not talking about some scientific article written in Greek.
I’m talking about real proof, not speculation, nor could have, maybe, should have, kind of, may haves, suspected, presumed, alleged, assumed, we think, suppositions , hypothesis.
Real proof, you say it’s out there. Let me see it. Don’t send me off to some University web page that has no proof but a pages of professing a theory. I want to see facts and not theory.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137733 Nov 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks dude.
But I'd really prefer that you didn't call me sweetheart.

Location hidden

#137734 Nov 14, 2012
15Nov12.....

.....And 'Elmo', your very dear Elmo of Sesame Street fame for 2 generations is now in the flap of infamy because 'his puppppettteeeer' has been accused of sexually abusing children since being on the children's TV series over the years.

Ps: By da vey, the puppeteer is a self-professed atheist'

Nothing is sacred anymore and it is ascribed to hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists like you lot.

Stand'em up against da wall and shoot this eeejit with a ball of its own schidt.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Southern Illinois

#137735 Nov 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Chromosome 2 fused because it has teleomeres in the middle of it. They're only at the ends of chromosomes.
This is what a teleomere is: http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/telo...
It didn't fuse gradually. It fused in one go. After that, it was organized gradually.
How do we know?
"The Evidence
Evidence for fusing of two ancestral chromosomes to create human chromosome 2 and where there has been no fusion in other Great Apes is:
1) The analogous chromosomes (2p and 2q) in the non-human great apes can be shown, when laid end to end, to create an identical banding structure to the human chromosome 2.(1)
2) The remains of the sequence that the chromosome has on its ends (the telomere) is found in the middle of human chromosome 2 where the ancestral chromosomes fused.(2)
3) the detail of this region (pre-telomeric sequence, telomeric sequence, reversed telomeric sequence, pre-telomeric sequence) is exactly what we would expect from a fusion.(3)
4) this telomeric region is exactly where one would expect to find it if a fusion had occurred in the middle of human chromosome 2.
5) the centromere of human chromosome 2 lines up with the chimp chromosome 2p chromosomal centromere.
6) At the place where we would expect it on the human chromosome we find the remnants of the chimp 2q centromere (4)."
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.ht...
and
"Let us re-iterate what we find on human chromosome 2. Its centromere is at the same place as the chimpanzee chromosome 2p as determined by sequence similarity. Even more telling is the fact that on the 2q arm of the human chromosome 2 is the unmistakable remains of the original chromosome centromere of the common ancestor of human and chimp 2q chromosome, at the same position as the chimp 2q centromere (this structure in humans no longer acts as a centromere for chromosome 2."
(same link above)
Going with your statement,{It didn't fuse gradually. It fused in one go. After that, it was organized gradually}.

Where is the gradual and slow change?

This Chromosome #2 fusing is telling me there was no gradual change.

But one very big major change.

This defies what evolution has been teaching.

So when did this fusing take place?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137736 Nov 14, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
15Nov12.....
.....And 'Elmo', your very dear Elmo of Sesame Street fame for 2 generations is now in the flap of infamy because 'his puppppettteeeer' has been accused of sexually abusing children since being on the children's TV series over the years.
Ps: By da vey, the puppeteer is a self-professed atheist'
Nothing is sacred anymore and it is ascribed to hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists like you lot.
Stand'em up against da wall and shoot this eeejit with a ball of its own schidt.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Gotta update your OLD news, Boblbahsahalha:

"Tickle This Elmo … Kevin Clash, the Voice of Sesame Street’s Elmo Accused of Having ‘Sexual Relationship with Underage Boy (Update: Accuser Recants Allegations)"

It turns out they had an adult relationship - so there!

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/11/13/tickle-th...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr Eagle 12 2,272
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr polymath257 23,199
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr Yiago 148
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 15 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 15 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 15 hr thetruth 67
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web