Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,621)

Showing posts 132,401 - 132,420 of217,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a scientist and you come out publicly that you donít believe in macro evolution.
That's not a sentence, dolt.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. will give CATCHER 2-1 odds that Eagle can catch it ..
.. COME ON EAGLE, do your thing! Find the error so CATCHER has to loan another $50 to KIVA ..
Ha!

If Eagle catches the error, I'll lend $100 to KIVA.

Make it $150.

The guy couldn't catch a bug if it flew into his mouth.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I persevered with no input needed from you. The door works fine.
I still hate working in the cold.
I will be going to bed early.
Now STFU, por favor.
Buenas noches.

Do you know what an iman is?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any examples?
Examples of what?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a sentence, dolt.
Mes thin you done know a damn thin senor.

You a dumb sh** senor Pedro, dumb.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim, thereís more to the story. The California Courts have sided with NASA. NASA claims he was let go because of his performance.
A leading scientist placed in charge over a entire team, who had been with NASA 15 years is fired over performance?
He had obviously had some bitter enemies and the working political work environment worked against him. His views on evolution may have been the antecedent that resulted in his deteriorated interpersonal relationships.
Well, as a scientist, your performance is to some extent predicated on your ability to separate scientific fact from personal religious belief. It's ok if he wants to have personal beliefs - he can believe in voodoo for all I care - but if those beliefs start to compromise his ability to think objectively, that's a problem.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

David Coppedge was let go because he was combative and did not keep his skills sharp, not because of his belief that life is too complex to have developed through evolution alone.

And Catholics are Christian, ground breaking stuff for you eh reject?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"In his lawsuit, Coppedge claimed he was demoted in 2009 and then let go for engaging his co-workers in conversations about his views."
Awesome.
One wonders why the other coworkers didn't fired for expressing their views......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think so. Since I know that prayer works I must conclude that the "testing" being done on prayer is inconclusive. Probably because of the method of testing or the technology used to test.
There was no technology used in the test, it was a study of complications after heart surgery. The methodology was sound, and they had a large sample size. Look it up yourself if you want, it's all over the internet.

Also, don't you think that way of thinking is a problem? You absolutely will not even consider any evidence that conflicts with your beliefs. That's not good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the reference.
Primates have 48 Chromosomes. We have 46, ok thatís pretty close but potatoes have 46.
Chromosome #2 fused somehow allegedly.
How did it fuse, what caused the fusion? When did the fusion occur?
Evolution supposedly is this slow blending and gradual change.
However a fusion would indicate a sudden change.
You canít gradually fuse a chromosome. I canít image a chromosome gradually fusing, can you? Itís either fused or not. Like a chain, itís linked or not linked. Thereís no gradual linking.
To me the fusing of Chromosome #2 indicates that evolution didnít happen to mankind.
Learn a little bit about chromosomes, and then learn about the two that fused in humans, and it will make sense to you. There are vestigal centromeres and telomeres on chromosome 2 - usually each chromosome has a telomere on each end and a centromere in the middle, but there are 4 telomeres (with 2 in the middle where the chromosomes fused), and 2 centromeres.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

So the first video was above your IQ. No problem relax go watch the second video and if that is to complex we will start with something more your speed.

Remember you don't want none O them big fancy sciencey greek looking explainaySHUNz from them fancy colleges with flush toiets?

LULZ!

Thank you for making a jackass out of yourself for our amusement :))
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the reference.
Primates have 48 Chromosomes. We have 46, ok thatís pretty close but potatoes have 46.
Chromosome #2 fused somehow allegedly.
How did it fuse, what caused the fusion? When did the fusion occur?
Evolution supposedly is this slow blending and gradual change.
However a fusion would indicate a sudden change.
You canít gradually fuse a chromosome. I canít image a chromosome gradually fusing, can you? Itís either fused or not. Like a chain, itís linked or not linked. Thereís no gradual linking.
To me the fusing of Chromosome #2 indicates that evolution didnít happen to mankind.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Meaning they USED to be one...
Is this a difficult concept?
I think you're having difficulty in understanding that, although they are different in practice, they are still versions of Christianity.

"Worldwide, the three largest groups of Christianity are the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church, and the various denominations of Protestantism.

The Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox patriarchates split from one another in the EastĖWest Schism of 1054 AD, and Protestantism came into existence during the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century, splitting from the Roman Catholic Church." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

Versions of Christianity.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism is a denomination, hence a subset, of Christianity.
All Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics.
F*ck! Finally! It takes you like 3 or 4 posts, some time in between, and thinking about it to come back to reality.

:)

(remember, before, you claimed that Catholics weren't Christian)
A Christian refers to a follower of Jesus Christ who may be a Catholic, Protestant, Gnostic, Mormon, Evangelical, Anglican or Orthodox, or follower of another branch of the religion.
A Catholic refers to a Christian who follows the Catholic religion as transmitted through the succession of Popes of Rome and the Vatican Empire across history.
The Pope is the leader of the Catholic church. The Catholic Church is the largest of the Christian Churches - about 60% of Christians are Catholic.
Well, there you go. Is the above a Wikipedia quote?

Ok, so why did your Pope side with the Nazis in WWII?!?

(teasing!)

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Evolution has sects? Is that because it's a belief system too?
No.

Yes, evolution is a belief system, too. Well...not a whole system by itself, but one that pertains specifically to biological phenomena. Some social scientists try to stretch it waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond its parameters, though. So, in the sense that it is misused, it becomes akin to an ideology.

Evolution is the framework theory for all biological sciences. Biological sciences are one way of understanding biological phenomena - through the scientific paradigm, as it is envisioned in Western science (in Western nations). Because it rests on disproving hypotheses and not proving them, and often deals with non-directly observable phenomena, and because it is understood through the social (learning involves being taught, disseminating data involves all kinds of social conventions, etc), it is a cultural way of understanding biological phenomena.

There are other ways to understand such phenomena; other cultures do "biology" differently.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You fantasize about dave's life too?
And his signature!

<trembles>

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not. There is no controversy about whether or not evolution happened. At all. Can you find proof that there is from a reliable source, or can you only find these assertions on apologist sites?
Hey! What do you mean "anthropologist sites"???

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oops.. Yeah. What she said.
Ha! Ninja'd!

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck! Finally! It takes you like 3 or 4 posts, some time in between, and thinking about it to come back to reality.
:)
(remember, before, you claimed that Catholics weren't Christian)
<quoted text>
Well, there you go. Is the above a Wikipedia quote?
Ok, so why did your Pope side with the Nazis in WWII?!?
(teasing!)
biz to the nich....

Just flash me & get it over with.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Examples of what?
Examples of something you don't have free will in.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a, he said, she said, we think, possibly could have science or so called science. There is a mountain full of evidence (imaginary).
I can see the correlation of evolution and the childrenís book,
That's because you're uneducated about biological science, apparently cannot learn so well, quite clearly do not want to learn how biology really works, and have delusions of grandeur in believing you have something interesting to say about evolution.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There was no technology used in the test, it was a study of complications after heart surgery. The methodology was sound, and they had a large sample size. Look it up yourself if you want, it's all over the internet.
Also, don't you think that way of thinking is a problem? You absolutely will not even consider any evidence that conflicts with your beliefs. That's not good.
'round and 'round we go.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 132,401 - 132,420 of217,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••