Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#137578 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also in the past few years a number of Medical Doctors have came out against macro evolution.
Then those doctors did not earn their degrees. See my previous post.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#137579 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
That's what I was thinking and while evolution has nothing I do with atheism, no matter how much the godbots scream, we have ample fossil and genetic proof to back evolution. This is trated abd retested daily. What do they have to back god? Huffing and puffing personal feelings and threats of hell.
<quoted text>
I tell you what, how about you showing me some of that real undeniable proof. Iím not talking about some scientific article written in Greek.

Iím talking about real proof, not speculation, nor could have, maybe, should have, kind of, may haves, suspected, presumed, alleged, assumed, we think, suppositions , hypothesis.

Real proof, you say itís out there. Let me see it. Donít send me off to some University web page that has no proof but a pages of professing a theory. I want to see facts and not theory.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#137580 Nov 14, 2012
Does this person have a name or did your creationist website neglect to post that?:))

I wonder if you are babbling about the discovery institute reject?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Recently a senior NASA scientist involved in Mars exploration was fired because he came out and said he didnít believe in macro evolution. He as a case pending in court.

Southern Illinois

#137581 Nov 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, pretending your conspiracy theory is at all accurate, for anyone who is supposedly educated to use the term "macro evolution" shows that they did not legitimately earn their degrees as that is not a scientific term and only shows a complete and total absence of comprehension of the English language as well as a lack of comprehension of scientific information. Macro/micro evolution was made up by creationists, in other words, there is no distinction.
Now, if one of you creatards could show a distinction then maybe, just maybe, there will be a case to adopt it into scientific data. However, you have shown none, all you do is arbitrarily segregate some things into these two artificial categories and never even once define them.
So here's your chance, DEFINE the boundary and difference between them.
I canít believe you would challenge a established scientific term. No wait, I guess I can believe you would. Whereís your sign?

The term macro and micro evolution have origins that go all the way back to 1927. Neither is a recently created term and both are used in biology today.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/macroe...

mac∑ro∑ev∑o∑lu∑tion
&#8194; &#8194;[mak-roh-ev-uh-loo- shuhn or, especially Brit.,-ee-vuh-] Show IPA
noun Biology . major evolutionary transition from one type of organism to another occurring at the level of the species and higher taxa.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#137583 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Recently a senior NASA scientist involved in Mars exploration was fired because he came out and said he didnít believe in macro evolution. He as a case pending in court.
Well, that sucks, and I don't necessarily agree with that - but the fact is, he is a scientist, and as such, he should be able to recognize the difference between a scientific belief and a personal religious belief. If his religious beliefs corrupt his ability to be objective, then maybe he shouldn't be a scientist. He represents NASA, and he makes them look bad by lending credence to psuedoscience. Would you want our scientists to believe the earth was flat?

Location hidden

#137584 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also in the past few years a number of Medical Doctors have came out against macro evolution.
Medical doctors are not scientists. Why don't we compare the number of deniers with the number of "evolutionists." That would be fun.

Location hidden

#137585 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I canít believe you would challenge a established scientific term. No wait, I guess I can believe you would. Whereís your sign?
The term macro and micro evolution have origins that go all the way back to 1927. Neither is a recently created term and both are used in biology today.
mac∑ro∑ev∑o∑lu∑tion
&#8194; &#8194;[mak-roh-ev-uh-loo- shuhn or, especially Brit.,-ee-vuh-] Show IPA
noun Biology . major evolutionary transition from one type of organism to another occurring at the level of the species and higher taxa.
The terminology is irrelevant. It's the supposed split between micro and macro that is completely fabricated by creationists. The mechanism is the same for both of them.

Lexington, KY

#137586 Nov 14, 2012
So you want to dive into the scientific world but don't wanna tawk with none O them fancy science words and smart people college webzones!

Ok here you go! Real proof given by a devout CHRISTIAN SCIENTIST one of yours.

And if that is just to hard for you to understand we will be resorting to this.

http://www.charliesplayhouse.com/

And..
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

You're welcome
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you what, how about you showing me some of that real undeniable proof. Iím not talking about some scientific article written in Greek.
Iím talking about real proof, not speculation, nor could have, maybe, should have, kind of, may haves, suspected, presumed, alleged, assumed, we think, suppositions , hypothesis.
Real proof, you say itís out there. Let me see it. Donít send me off to some University web page that has no proof but a pages of professing a theory. I want to see facts and not theory.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#137587 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
mac∑ro∑ev∑o∑lu∑tion
Just because someone makes up a word for something, does not mean that thing exists. Again, provide the mechanism for the boundary and a demonstrable boundary, lest the existence of those terms is meaningless.

Southern Illinois

#137588 Nov 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that sucks, and I don't necessarily agree with that - but the fact is, he is a scientist, and as such, he should be able to recognize the difference between a scientific belief and a personal religious belief. If his religious beliefs corrupt his ability to be objective, then maybe he shouldn't be a scientist. He represents NASA, and he makes them look bad by lending credence to psuedoscience. Would you want our scientists to believe the earth was flat?
Tim, thereís more to the story. The California Courts have sided with NASA. NASA claims he was let go because of his performance.

A leading scientist placed in charge over a entire team, who had been with NASA 15 years is fired over performance?

He had obviously had some bitter enemies and the working political work environment worked against him. His views on evolution may have been the antecedent that resulted in his deteriorated interpersonal relationships.

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#137589 Nov 14, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Shit!!!
It's effing cold out here installing this garage door opener!!
LIFE IS AN ILLUSION!!!!
HISTORY IS AN ILLUSION!!
There are no ancient ancestors. There is no evolution.
There is no possible way that my ancestors, mostly north Europeans, could possibly have survived day after day, much less year after year, of freezing cold weather in primitive conditions. Just impossible. No way. Just easier to die than go through that crap.
Life ain't what it appears to be.
You are revealing just how _ussified you have become Daveyboy. Man up soldier , you will march uphill day and night .
But only if you have to.

“God of War”

Location hidden

#137590 Nov 14, 2012
badsis wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong faith in you God there. I rest my case!
Belief in self is more useful.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#137591 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim, thereís more to the story. The California Courts have sided with NASA. NASA claims he was let go because of his performance.
A leading scientist placed in charge over a entire team, who had been with NASA 15 years is fired over performance?
He had obviously had some bitter enemies and the working political work environment worked against him. His views on evolution may have been the antecedent that resulted in his deteriorated interpersonal relationships.
You love conspiracy theories.

Yes, people who have worked in the same position for decades can perform poorly, it does happen, quite a bit actually.

“God of War”

Location hidden

#137592 Nov 14, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Maine, where I lived for almost half of my adult life, has a saying: There's not bad weather, just bad clothes. Keep your head and feet warm and the rest of you body will be just fine.

It's a tough life but somebody has to live it.
I'm not ever throwing in the towel.
So it's my will , and I will win!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#137593 Nov 14, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít think the majority of scientist are involved in some kind of mass conspiracy. Understanding that there are many disciplines of science. Only a very small percentage are evolutionist. These evolutionist truly believe in their discipline.
However, there is a hell of a lot of speculation and imagination in this field. Great spans are missing in their theory. It is and remains a science of the imagination. Full of artist conceptions to convince students and the public that it indeed happened.
Itís an interesting theory. But it lacks any real substance. I have looked at the fossil record. Itís pretty damn scarce for human evolution. A single bone from six million years ago. Another millions later. Here a bone and there a bone. O McDonald had a farm E I - EI - Oooo.
Doctor, Iím going to have to remain a sinner when it comes to macro evolution. I just canít come down to the alter over a speculation based theory.
Here's a link. Surveys were sent to the department head of 158 research university Biological Sciences departments asking:

"Regarding the issue of 'Intelligent Design theory' vs. current biological consensus on the mechanisms of evolution - is there a difference of professional opinion within your department that you feel could be accurately described as a scientific controversy?

Yes/No"

From 158 queries, the author received 73 responses. 71 (97.3%) responded "no", 1 responded "no, but..." (and his comment about why is on the site), and 1 responded "yes."

Frankly, I would say that 97.3% is low, considering that modern biology is predicated on evolution.
posted by The Michael The at 9:27 AM on December 12, 2006

Lexington, KY

#137594 Nov 14, 2012
Notice he still doesn't want to mention the person's name?

Oops because then we could read the REAL story and facts don't bode well with his opinion. XD
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You love conspiracy theories.
Yes, people who have worked in the same position for decades can perform poorly, it does happen, quite a bit actually.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#137595 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Notice he still doesn't want to mention the person's name?
Oops because then we could read the REAL story and facts don't bode well with his opinion. XD
<quoted text>
Actually, the story he's talking about was posted on Topix recently. It's real, just that not even the Supreme Court found any validity to the claim.

http://www.topix.com/news/evolution/2012/11/j...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#137596 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a! What an idiot! No seriously reject you really are dumber than the average Christhole posts on here!
Wow! Lulz wow!
<quoted text>
I don't see what's so funny. I'm Christian, I don't go to Catholic Churches.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#137597 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
As you said, Christians don't go to a Catholic Church!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a! Idiot! Brain dead reject! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Pffffftttt bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Oh wow you just made Dave and Buck look smarter by comparison and that takes effort! Rotflmfao!
<quoted text>
I hear that weed makes everything funny.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#137598 Nov 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok? You made it seem as if the actual process of evolution was in question. Our knowledge of any past event can never be perfect.
Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Religiosity 1 hr Eagle 12 6
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr The Dude 17,038
The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr susanblange 856
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr Eagle 12 4,939
What evidence make you believe in God/gods? 5 hr thetruth 34
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 1,674
Is God a Perfect Being? 9 hr hpcaban 1
More from around the web