Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,613)

Showing posts 132,241 - 132,260 of216,679
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Atheist Silurist

Barrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Sad story in the press today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland...

It's a tiny example of everything that is rotten about backward thinking,retarded religious dogma.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
First, I don't say "god isn't real," what I have actually said, and what I continue to say, is that there is no demonstrably reliable evidence to support the notion of any form of creator, thus it is nothing more than fanciful dreams, however, purporting that something is real based on zero evidence is the very definition of delusional. As to prayer, all data on prayer demonstrates it to be as reliable as chance alone. In other words, people are better off rolling the dice than praying. No supportive evidence justifies a lack of belief, no demonstrable evidence demands that one does not believe.
Even if God is real in our minds? That's still not good enough for you is it? There's no way you will ackonwledge that God is possible, is there?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuuny. The facts that prayer doesnt work is proof that God is imaginary.
Try healing an amputee with your magic incantations.
The fact is the only prayer that works is either coincidence or faith healing, which is purely psychological.
Prayer is pure superstition.
Thank you for your response.

We shall file it in a nice warm cozy place.

[hit print button, printing, wadding it up]

[aiming for the fire place, tossing]

Ahhhh the warmth your view gives us.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
In practice, if we research one species in great depth, we can fill in the fossil record - like with humans, and show rapid gradual evolution. The hominin fossil record from H. erectus to now is so full of transition fossils, the argument is how to classify them all.
Now they've made up "rapid evolution". No wait, you said "rapid gradual evolution".

lol

Isn't that an oxymoron?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I'm ignorant of prayer, just like I'm ignorant of the weather conditions in Perter Pan's Never-Never Land.
By definition ignorance is the lacking of knowledge or awareness
Who's Perter Pan?

Careful, your higher atheist intellect is showing again... What did you call it, "I.Q"

lol

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuuny. The facts that prayer doesnt work is proof that God is imaginary.
Oh, I'm just gonna take your word for that, huh?
Try healing an amputee with your magic incantations.
That's not how prayer works. You're ignorance is showing.
The fact is the only prayer that works is either coincidence or faith healing, which is purely psychological.
Well, which is it? You 1st sentence says that prayer doesn't work, now you're saying it does.....
Prayer is pure superstition.
Then why does it work for me?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Take off your Jebus glasses and read the Bible as it was written. You will find that the group of desert nomads that biblegod chose to give his revelations to, are the most barbarous, violent and deranged people on the planet.
I asked about bigotry & racism. Pretty specific. You respond with this????
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria has slaughtered over 30,000 civilians with their modern Army. This murderous slaughter includes women and small children.
I dispute whether these figures are true. Sometimes our media can give a very bias view when an agenda is being followed.

However the theist believes that god sits idly by and does nothing whilst innocent people in wars are killed. Face it God does not answer prayer. This means a) he does not exist, or b) he does not care, an impersonal deity.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

And like you they worship the god of Abraham. But feel free to keep humiliating yourself for our amusement.

That's a good puppet dance for us now :)
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria has slaughtered over 30,000 civilians with their modern Army. This murderous slaughter includes women and small children.
{barbarous, violent and deranged people on the planet}
????
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh the warmth your view gives us.
You may not like to face up to facts if they contradict your beliefs. The reality of prayers going unanswered is uncomfortable for some people. Theists do not like to admit the reality of their behaviour. Talking to imaginary sky people is not a rational thing to do. If you have problems you should address them yourself and not invoke magic or imaginary friends to solve your problems.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>4)Jesus.
Another being with very little evidence.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Atheist Silurist wrote:
It's a tiny example of everything that is rotten about backward thinking,retarded religious dogma.
Blame the hospital. They misdiagnosed that poor woman.

"Abortion is illegal in the Republic except where there is a real and substantial risk to the life, as distinct from the health, of the mother."

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not like to face up to facts if they contradict your beliefs. The reality of prayers going unanswered is uncomfortable for some people. Theists do not like to admit the reality of their behaviour. Talking to imaginary sky people is not a rational thing to do. If you have problems you should address them yourself and not invoke magic or imaginary friends to solve your problems.
"Imaginary sky people"?!?

Is that who you tried praying to?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Atheist Silurist wrote:
What the article does not state was the source of the sepsis.

Your backward thinking is more in line with presumptuous readers such as yourself. Journalist love uninformed and gullible people that will believe anything in print. This makes it easy to shape your opinion. The article leads the reader into believing the source of the sepsis was the fetus.

Journalist are not physicians and the writer failed to cover the story in sufficient detail pointing the root cause of the illness. Men and women die of sepsis all the time. It is not an illness routinely associated with pregnancy.

An abortion may not have made any difference as the readers presume. People do get sepsis outside of pregnancy and 30 to 70% this leads to death. Assuming an abortion would save the life of the Mother is naive.

Wiki:

The most common primary sources of infection resulting in sepsis are the lungs, the abdomen and the urinary tract. In a third of cases no source is found. The infectious agents are usually bacteria but can also be fungi and viruses.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done then.
Perfume helps. The French used to do it for their lovers - spray down below. Mind you, I think bathing was a novelty at that time.
I think it still is.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but what 'untold harm' does Christianity do to you?
Many of the wars that were fought, the Crusades, the Inquisition, the suppression of science and knowledge, the systematic rape of thousands of young boys, the suppression of aid that would help stop the spread of HIV in poor and uneducated countries, the attempt to teach myth rather than science fact in our classrooms. How's that for a start!! More if you want!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
????
I do believe your God and his cronies murdered many more than that. If the bible is true, the number of those murdered by your God personally, and those killed per his orders total over 1 million. I personally love the one about God sending bears to tear to shreds a group of teenagers because they made fun of someones bald head.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer does work. It's fine that you think it doesnt work, but understand that your belief has no basis in reality.
It has every basis in reality. That prayer doesn't work can,and has been tested under a scientifically controlled environment. There is NO evidence in reality, that prayers work. That prayer is a calming process is very true, but so is mediation. Since no evidence exists that support the answering of prayers, we know that when prayer are said to be answered, it's the result of a PERSONAL INTERPRETATION OF AN ACT OR EVENT WHO'S CIRCUMSTANCES SEEM TO WORK IN YOUR FAVOR!!!

And yes, science is the ONLY methodology we have to determine if something is true or not.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is of course, your opinion.
At least you acknowledge that. You're one of the few that do.
Anything to help out a brother.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Remind me. What part of the world wrote your bible?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 132,241 - 132,260 of216,679
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••