Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
132,161 - 132,180 of 226,391 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#137406 Nov 13, 2012
I made a mistake in that post up there, eagle. If you can find it you get five points.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#137407 Nov 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Eagle probably thinks that means, "Stick it up your arse."
<quoted text>
14Nov12......

....and you jest know vot dat meeens because BobLoblah has shoved so many dings up your arse in da past. Huh!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#137408 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I kinda glazed over his post, but thank you. I thought he was still going on about cell phone towers.
Listen: you are never going to understand the universe around you without Dave. Not only does he provide a fully developed EM alternative to contemporary physics, not a single one of his 'theories' requires time and energy consuming, wasteful experimentation. Dave is the future of science and represents one of the greatest thinkers of our time. Of all time. F*ck you, Socrates. Einstein? Einstein who?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#137409 Nov 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect the right of anybody to believe whatever he or she wants.
Nor do I have anything against sheep.
So you're safe, dude!
14Nov12.....

.....Liar.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#137410 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not censorship. Free speech has limits. We do not allow hate speech, for instance, and some things that your religion preaches constitute hate speech.
Stop having such a persecution complex. No one wants the government to control whether or not you can believe in skydaddy, I am simply of the opinion that hateful rhetoric and hateful beliefs should not be able to hide under the guise of "religious freedom." You are not free to hate and discriminate based on what some old book tells you.
I think you have got your facts all screwed up. America does allow hate speech under freedom of speech.

{I am simply of the opinion that hateful rhetoric and hateful beliefs should not be able to hide under the guise of religious freedom.}

I see, so Atheist would be the only ones that can have hateful rhetoric and hateful beliefs hiding under the guise of freedom of speech.

I guess you think the ole Constitution needs to be thrown out with the ole book. That way the Militant Nazi Atheist can take over the country and dictate what one can believe.

And those of us who refuse to believe what the Nazi Atheist party dictates? I guess it’s the gas chambers for us?

Southern Illinois

#137411 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
I made a mistake in that post up there, eagle. If you can find it you get five points.
Keep your five pionts.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#137412 Nov 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact Christianity has saved millions through our hospitals, giving food to the hungry, clothing and shoes. Building schools and drilling fresh water wells in poor schools. Reaching out to the homeless. Drug and Alcohol rehab centers, and prison outreach.
Lives saved by Atheist Hospitals, and generous giving?
Zilch……
Those that died under Atheist leadership, ohhhh only about 180 million.
You love making assumptions and presumptions. Sadly, no matter how many facts that you see, you will still believe in your stupid made up nonsense.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137413 Nov 13, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>!4Nov12....
.....so vot is yer drink???
Ps:.....Piss!!!
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
No. Not so much actually. There's something about piss that just doesn't agree with me. I don't know, I might be strange here, and I know it's your drink of choice, but I just can't imagine piss is all that tasty.

Do you drink it for health reasons? Some people - incorrectly - think it helps you lose weight. Others think it has some kind of medicinal properties. There're a few cultures where the people take magic mushrooms, get high, and then drink their urine because the metabolites of magic mushrooms also make you high. Reindeer will actually drink the piss of humans who've ingested drunks like magic mushrooms for these reasons - aggressively.

So why do you drink it, Boblablahaha?

Location hidden

#137414 Nov 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen: you are never going to understand the universe around you without Dave. Not only does he provide a fully developed EM alternative to contemporary physics, not a single one of his 'theories' requires time and energy consuming, wasteful experimentation. Dave is the future of science and represents one of the greatest thinkers of our time. Of all time. F*ck you, Socrates. Einstein? Einstein who?
Seriously. He displays an effortless ability to understand the universe - but will be share his world changing paradigm shift with the world? No, of course not, for he is too humble for that. He fashions himself a modern day Socrates, playfully questioning our perceptions, daring us to dream, daring us to think, and daring us to install a massive industrial electromagnet in the garage. To dave, a true visionary.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#137415 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
Fat chance.

Southern Illinois

#137416 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference, micro/macro was made up by creationist snake oil salesmen. Things either evolve or they do not, and there is no demonstrable limit to how much things can change. So you are using a fallacy here, a lie fed to you by people more interested in draining your bank account by selling you false hope, false dreams, and fantasies. Nothing more.
You need to learn more about something before you can debunk it, you know so little about evolution that you cannot even comprehend the basics of it.
Oh the ole,

“I know everything and you know nothing.”

That one is a bit worn and it shows your narcissism too much. You best go back into the dressing room and come out with something more smashing darling. Not that ole worn out stuff that makes you look much older than you are.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#137417 Nov 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your five pionts.
What did I tell you, Tim?

Eagle is utterly hopeless.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#137418 Nov 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your five pionts.
Wow! You must be rich in points! How many points do you have???

Southern Illinois

#137419 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You love making assumptions and presumptions. Sadly, no matter how many facts that you see, you will still believe in your stupid made up nonsense.
Thank you, what you are saying is that I made a slam dunk on your side of the court. Well do a better job of guarding the basket.

Location hidden

#137420 Nov 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have got your facts all screwed up. America does allow hate speech under freedom of speech.
{I am simply of the opinion that hateful rhetoric and hateful beliefs should not be able to hide under the guise of religious freedom.}
I see, so Atheist would be the only ones that can have hateful rhetoric and hateful beliefs hiding under the guise of freedom of speech.
I guess you think the ole Constitution needs to be thrown out with the ole book. That way the Militant Nazi Atheist can take over the country and dictate what one can believe.
And those of us who refuse to believe what the Nazi Atheist party dictates? I guess it’s the gas chambers for us?
No, hate speech is not protected, but the fact that you think it is and believe it should be tells me a lot about you.

Eagle, you are slipping into madness again. First, you accuse all the "athesit" (sic) of being hateful - which, while untrue, is par for the course for you, so I'll let that one slide.

Then you suggest that there is some cabal of "nazi atheist" (sic) that wants to take over the US, throw out the constitution, and dictate your beliefs. Wow.

And for your masterstroke - you straight up claim that this evil organization of "nazi atheist" (sic) would not only like to deny you your right to religious freedom, but that it would throw you into the gas chamber for refusing to "convert" to "naziatheism." Do you fantasize about this kind of stuff? I think maybe you get off on imagining that one day you might find your beliefs challenged in some far fetched scenario involving nazis, atheist (sic), gas chambers, and sharpie fueled constitution defiling - and you'll get to spit out some great one-liner ((Damn all you atheist!!!!(sic)) and ascend to jesus in a blaze of glory.

Southern Illinois

#137421 Nov 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fat chance.
Muchacho, what you did to your old Lincoln is a shame. Turning it into a chicken coop.

Location hidden

#137422 Nov 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
There're a few cultures where the people take magic mushrooms, get high, and then drink their urine because the metabolites of magic mushrooms also make you high. Reindeer will actually drink the piss of humans who've ingested drunks like magic mushrooms for these reasons - aggressively.
So why do you drink it, Boblablahaha?
Some cultures? I thought that was high school.

Southern Illinois

#137423 Nov 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I tell you, Tim?
Eagle is utterly hopeless.
Muchacho, "Hopelss" so happens to be the poor ass that you ride on vato. Dat is a good name for a poor animal Muchacho. I feel sorry for your poor ass senor.

Southern Illinois

#137424 Nov 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You must be rich in points! How many points do you have???
bunches,:)

Southern Illinois

#137425 Nov 13, 2012
Time to turn and burn.

You guys are always fun. See ya!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 20 min MUQ1 21,505
The Ultimate Evidence of God 3 hr CunningLinguist 65
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 10 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 11 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 12 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 12 hr CunningLinguist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••