Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,603)

Showing posts 132,041 - 132,060 of224,002
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first "statement" is not a complete sentence.
"...a average" IQ?
Muchacho, mees done need your help Senor.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can’t you write in complete sentences dude!
Ahhh it gets annoying.
You'll never get it.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Eagle probably thinks that means, "Stick it up your arse."
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Inter alia.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first "statement" is not a complete sentence.
"...a average" IQ?
And what does it mean to counter the annotations of those in faith?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
By saying we can cook it. And then claiming I lied about that. Yes, yes he did.
Well, we can cook it. Dave delivered a knockout blow to your credibility with that one.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And what does it mean to counter the annotations of those in faith?
We'll have to ask Eagle.

Maybe it's one of those biblical mumbojumbos.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what I meant when I wrote, "But we still notice, and it is still annoying. It's hard not to say so every great once in a while." One of the reasons that I rarely mention mistakes, though, is that they often offer insight into the way a writer thinks--or fails to. Our mistakes are part of our subtext, and unintentional ones at that. They are like gambling tells or the kind of micro-expressions that reveal the emotions behind the spoken word. Tells give other gamblers an extra edge. Little quirks in writing styles do the same.
You just revealed a trade secret. I'm watchin' you mistaaaah!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a distinction that I don't think you are going to understand. DNA is not something that exists outside of the natural realm; it was invisible before it's discovery, but not non existent. The supernatural realm would, by definition, exist outside of our reality, and therefore it would be nonexistent to us.
Oh no... Another one that thinks DNA was invisible before its discovery.....

Oh boy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, it's a simple fact that prayer doesn't work. Your conviction means nothing.
If it was such a simple fact, I wouldn't be debating it with you.

I think everyone that doesn't pray or that has never had a prayer answered will assume that it doesn't work.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you what you believe.
I asked you a simple question: Are you a bigot?
You just ran silly circles around the question.
But in the end, the answer is clear.
You are a bigot.
B-I-G-O-T.
But you're not alone. You're just one more "loving" Christian who wants to discriminate against others, deny them equal rights, because, as you see it, your god is a bigot.
If your god told you miscegenation is a sin, your bigotry would
require your obedience.
You have self appointed yourself as judge and jury against ones basic constitutional right to freedom of religion. In your self appointed position. You have ruled that I’m a bigot because I freely exercise my freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

As you called me a bigot based on my religious beliefs. With that being said lets review what the official definition of word,“bigot.“

World English Dictionary

“Bigot.”

A person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race

It’s rather obvious who the bigot is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, you haven't, you only THINK you're prayers have been answered. Here is what an answered prayer is; Your own personal interpretation or an event or circumstance that has worked in your favor.
The other option is that you are laboring under a serious delusion, like talking to Angels or a mythical being touching you on the head.
The body healing itself is NOT a miracle. Medical science is full of well documented cases of the body healing itself.
Praying to God for a loved one to get better and they do, is NOT a miracle.
Praying to find your lost car keys and then finding them, is NOT a miracle.
Now....having an amputee pray for a limb to be restored and it happens, IS a miracles from God.
Praying for someone to be completely cured of HIV, and they do, IS a miracle from God.
Praying that millions of starving children survive starvation, and they do, IS a miracle from God.
Non of these three situations has ever happened, EVER.
Glad I could clear up your confusion as to what constitutes a miracles.
Ok. You're ignorant of prayer. Thanks for clearing that up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Budweiser?!? Blach!!!
One sip for me, instant migraine. It has some chemical in it that gets boys not laid. No joke - full on migraine.
Lol. "Gets boys not laid"? Boys can't handle alcohol.

Why are you hunting boys any not men?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
No.
No.
It's worth pointing out that, if we first assume there are natural phenomena science has yet to explain and then we run across some of those phenomena, should we pause, with our stunned jaws dropped and think "wow, that's impossible, that's unnatural!" or should we say "we need to rethink our understanding of what is natural"?
Abso-friggin-lutely!! Very well said.

I will go on to add that even though God seems supernatural, He's a very natural being. After all, He designed nature...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA was non-existent in the minds of people back then. Their realities did not have DNA in them at all. The "knew" about other things, like miasma and the inheritance of acquired characteristics.
The thing is, everything about the way they interacted with, experienced and thought about the world around them included non-DNA causal explanations of how life worked. Their lived reality was very different than our own.
Yes, DNA was non-existent in their minds but it wasn't non-existent. It was invisible to their eyes but it was never invisible.

I think as we progress in the next few hundred years, God will become more & more less "invisible" and "non-existent".

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way I could reply on the merits to this sort of nonsense. Eagle is a simpleton; an arrogant simpleton to boot.
This is why, with Eagle, I just point out that his posts are ungrammatical nonsense.
For example, he tells us Moses "through down" his staff. And, "Since you had a Christian background" is not a sentence. Nor is "But in the story referenced."
Inter alia.
I thin you nee a new donkey Senor. You ass is hurting vato.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the old jingle, "Schaefer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one."? there's something to that. Weak American lagers may lack any character worth mentioning, but their alcohol content is also lower, so you can drink more of them without getting sloppy drunk. Me, I'd rather have one or maybe two really good beers (or glasses of win) than a six pack of Bud Light, but I have friends who prefer the latter. At the end of the evening, we both drive home safely.
*hands night a glass of win*

lol

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never get it.
Ride on Muchacho, ride on.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have self appointed yourself as judge and jury against ones basic constitutional right to freedom of religion. In your self appointed position. You have ruled that I’m a bigot because I freely exercise my freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
As you called me a bigot based on my religious beliefs. With that being said lets review what the official definition of word,“bigot.“
World English Dictionary
“Bigot.”
A person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race
It’s rather obvious who the bigot is.
So tell me this: If your religion taught that black people were lesser beings, and should be kept apart from white people, then would you be a bigot if you promoted segregation, or would you just be exercising your freedom of speech or religion?

I'll give you a third option: Both.

Bigotry is bigotry, dude. Even if couched as exercising your own freedoms.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll have to ask Eagle.
Maybe it's one of those biblical mumbojumbos.
"Pedro's Legal Service."

"We are members of the CCC."

"Cash, Credit or Chickens."

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thin you nee a new donkey Senor. You ass is hurting vato.
This post too reflects your racial animus--your bigotry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 132,041 - 132,060 of224,002
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••