Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,584)

Showing posts 131,661 - 131,680 of216,897
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Here's Lookin' At You, Kid”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
A salute to all US Veterans!
Also to all Nato Veterans!
Thank you for serving your country!
Semper Fi,*oo*-rah!

But bible god is still nothing more than a myth.

“Here's Lookin' At You, Kid”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

And how the hell can non-belief require faith?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
First you claim that atoms evolve. Then you claim that to understand this, we need to know what the "epigenome" is.
Dave...you're all over the place.
Epigenetic markers are not examples of nuclear physics. They work through the properties of chemistry. A methyl group doesn't radioactively decay or fuse into heavier elements.
Seriously, you are spouting nonsense here.
The way atoms and electron interact is like an ole fashion square dance on a barn floor.

Circle eight and you get straight,
And weíll all go east on a westbound freight,
And knock down Sal and a pick up Kate,
And weíll all join hands and circle eight.
Swing your partner Ďround and Ďround,
And turn your corner upside down.
And turn your corner like swinginí on a gate,
And meet your partner for a grand chain eight,
And hurry up boys and donít be late.
Chew your tobacco and rub your snuff,
And meet your honey and strut your stuff.
Right foot up and a left foot down,
And make that big foot jar the ground,
And promenade your partner around.
Home little gal and donít you know,
I like sugar in my coffee-o,
And meet your partner and prom- enade-o,
You canít get catch a rabbit Ďtil it comes snow.
And watch that bedbug fly on the wall,
And promenade your partners all.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Well, you see, its the only way they can equate .... never mind.

It's my favorite witch, hi.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You have asked a very excellent question. All mankind has a measure of faith. Perhaps some like yourself have no faith in a supreme being or belief in God. But you do have faith.

You have faith in evolution based on what you have learned or read. Evolution is the only science that is based largely on speculation and imagination. A theory of sorts that is being taught as a fact. It has missing spans or bridges filled in by speculation and sometimes fraudulent data.

You believe that all life just appeared from thin air. One little puddle that just sort of had a party. From that all life self started and generated. Out of the little puddle comes a Jeep with deep tread off road tires. That is your evolution.

Itís also a science that is full of hype and promoters. Not to mentioned a enforcement arm unlike in any other science. And you believe it with unquestionable faith. So to answer your question. It takes more faith not to believe in God than to believe in God. You have the greater measure of faith.
Knock off purse seller

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have asked a very excellent question. All mankind has a measure of faith. Perhaps some like yourself have no faith in a supreme being or belief in God. But you do have faith.
You have faith in evolution based on what you have learned or read. Evolution is the only science that is based largely on speculation and imagination. A theory of sorts that is being taught as a fact. It has missing spans or bridges filled in by speculation and sometimes fraudulent data.
You believe that all life just appeared from thin air. One little puddle that just sort of had a party. From that all life self started and generated. Out of the little puddle comes a Jeep with deep tread off road tires. That is your evolution.
Itís also a science that is full of hype and promoters. Not to mentioned a enforcement arm unlike in any other science. And you believe it with unquestionable faith. So to answer your question. It takes more faith not to believe in God than to believe in God. You have the greater measure of faith.
U R 1 pathetik aho

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said was for the biological stuff to evolve, the molecular arrangements have to also.It is the molecular arrangements that determine the biological stuff. Period.
The molecules write a bootstrap program that then grows according to rules, rearranging things around it along the way. It eats things and converts energy. The unit then experiences a wider influence of forces and tries to adapt to maintain itself. Successful adaptations can then be written to those original molecules and passed on. Like in those epigenomes.
They do similar with computers.
Proven Slime-ball Creationist liar with no proof of god and no understandinf of science or atheism.

Complete and utter waste of forum space.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

And right on cue Daffy Duck 12 goes into the tired, lame atheism, evolution and abiogenesis are all the same thing.

Sigh you really are an idiot.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{why doesn't God answer the prayers of these millions of parents}
You are writing under the presumption that all these millions of people in Africa are Christians and worship the One True God. Not so Doctor. For decades religion in Africa was tribal by nature. Christianity has made some gains but so has Islam.
Youíre making an assumption that all those prayers fell on deaf ears of a non existent God. You have performed no surveys or even been on a expedition to Africa to find out. I would challenge you to go to Africa and visit a dozen communities. Ask the people if God has ever answered their prayers.
Itís getting too cold now to go and visit some old and historic cemeteries. You will find a lot of graves of babies that were buried in the 1800ís. Where my mother is buried in East Texas. There is a grave of a Mom and three babies buried from the 1800ís. The Mother and the triplets all died in child birth.
Death is a part of life. I have been spared so far from tragedy. I have not lost a child or a grandchild. But I have lost a brother, a sister, my parents.
I would tell you what God has done for me this week but my Grandson wants me to play with him. Iíll tell you later. Have a great evening and pleasant night Doctor.
I'm sorry but you are wrong here. A simple search will show that almost all of Southern Africa is Christian. Here are the percentages of Christians by Country:

Congo (republic) 90.7%

Congo (dťmocrate) 95%

Ethiopia were the numbers of starving children are shocking 64.5%

Rwanda 93.6%

South Africa 81.7%

Zimbabwe 85%

So you don't believe that of the millions of children that have died a slow horrible death from starvation, their parents NEVER prayed to God to save their bibles? Really?

And why have you avoided the points I raised about you god murdering all the first born males of Egypt, and the drowning of babies during the world-wide flood? You can throw in the thousands of fetuses that were destroyed also.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You fit a pattern.
Did you have chinese take out shortly before writing this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Understanding that the force that concentrates in the magnet is not a magnet might help in that direction, though. Magnet heads are as dumb as Topix atheists.
Really? Does this apply to other forces? So... you mean to say that if I jump for a second I am not gravity? My god!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor, just how does God murder babies and unborn fetuses?
Would you say to the millions of Moms and women that experienced a miscarriage? Or the thousands of parents that lost a child due to sudden death syndrome?
That God murdered their unborn child?
Doctor, come on now, you are a much more decent man than that. Please donít let your hate for religion blind your decency. Callousness and coldness will only drive away people further from atheism. You may indeed feel these cold thoughts against a God whom you donít believe.
People are real. Their pains and emotions donít subside easily. Wounds in their hearts carry on sometimes for years. Must we drag the vulnerable and wounded through the mud and mire? Let us be removed from such callousness my good Doctor.
A godlike being with the abilities typically ascribed to a god like being is necessarily responsible for anything that happens under his watch. It's an inevitable conclusion. If you had unlimited power to stop death, and you didn't, you are worse than the worst murderers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
On the subject of Marijuana. There are of course a large following for this drug. When I worked in the Chemical manufacturing business. Illegal drug use including Marijuana was running rampant in the 70ís-90ís.
From my own observation. The employeeís with the worst performance were regular users of Marijuana. It does alter oneís reasoning ability and performance. Recreational users would refute that, Iím sure.
Itís a mistake to allow this drug to be legal. Especially when you consider hazardous occupations. We will all see the disastrous effects if it is allowed to go legal. We are already paying billions of dollars in healthcare cost because of cigarette smoking.
Add to that additional billions for legalized Marijuana. Not to mention all the accidents that it will be a factor in. Marijuana is not a safe product. It may seem harmless but in the long run itís going to cost.
Do you regularly work drunk, since booze is legal? You are making too many assumptions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA!!!!!
"They are fact. We're still trying to figure it out, though."
There is a distinction in there that you didn't understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=ywcnTS1BEg8&feature=bf_n ext&list=UL6yh8FUT8rvI
EM based sudden evolution.
That video was amazing. Good lord, you know where to get the good stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>

40 years down the track I went to see a psychic (I have seen a few in my day) and he asked me if I had lost a child, and I said ďYesĒ and he asked if it was my first born, and I also said ďYesĒÖ

He told me that he wanted to be known as Adam, my first born, and that he had achieved all that he needed to achieve, and I guess, like Gillian, he didnít need to live much of a life, and that I did not need to carry this guilt alone and any longer.
I actually feel really bad that you got scammed like that. Whoever told you those things is a horrible person, hack psychics who take advantage of other's pain are some of the worst kinds of people.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>You have asked a very excellent question. All mankind has a measure of faith. Perhaps some like yourself have no faith in a supreme being or belief in God. But you do have faith.

It’s also a science that is full of hype and promoters. Not to mentioned a enforcement arm unlike in any other science. And you believe it with unquestionable faith. So to answer your question. It takes more faith not to believe in God than to believe in God. You have the greater measure of faith.
Yeah

The jackbooted science thugs just left my house.

I should be out of the hospital in a week or two.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text><about Dave>

Perhaps he's digesting cantharidin from frogs or beetles?

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Historic+priapi...
Lol.

I just read that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You flat don't understand what you "know".
You are all over the place. You don't understand the underpinnings of the specialty you have studied.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenome
That, dear lady, it the real story. It reads and writes DNA chemically, which is nuclear physics,(those atoms and thingies?) and which is effected via EM actions. Those effected EM actions are in turn affected by EM actions, accompanied by the other "forces" along for the ride.
What?

And now you're assigning emotions to the EM force? Dave, dave, dave...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are remarkably dense.
The carbon atoms contribute to a process that can liberate other carbon atoms from other bindings, or even modify some to form new ones.
Speaking of carbon.
http://www.blazelabs.com/n-transmut.asp
DC electricity. That's EM stuff. Invisible energy.
You would be well served to take a course in electricity and circuitry. Get some experience in circuit design. Seeing how things are connected and flow will contribute to your understanding of the life processes. From there you can get into the intricacies of EM, polarity and charge, and expand your horizons just super exponentially, maybe even resulting in an increase in general knowledge. As it is now you are one each standard bookworm with delusions of understanding. Destined to be nothing more than a shuffler of information flow.
Dave, you need to understand that your thinking may be just as narrowed by all this EM nonsense as hers supposedly "is" by her education.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 131,661 - 131,680 of216,897
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••