Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258039 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#130329 Oct 17, 2012

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#130330 Oct 17, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, I need to update my Bio - Queen Puggy died in my arms in June last year; she was 13 years old and I knew she didn't have too long to go but my biggest fear was that she would die alone (work drags me away from the home) and of course, I Prayed. Puggy died in my arms at 5am June 30th, peacefully and cuddled up in bed with me. I need to include Prince Pugstar, the little black Pug that is now a part of my family. Thanks for sharing my Bio, I had forgotten about that :)
.. my sincere condolences on your loss ..

.. would you like to adopt a cat? Leslie <avatar picture> is available. So is Beau ..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#130331 Oct 17, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a nutter!
.. quit picking on my woman !!..

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#130332 Oct 17, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, you are wrong wrong wrong.
Give it up. Avoid further embarrassment.
Stick to magnets.(Get it?)
Your affection for affectation effects your credibility, which affects everything you post on here, effectively rendering you a troll.

Or something like that.

Fremont, CA

#130333 Oct 17, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your affection for affectation effects your credibility, which affects everything you post on here, effectively rendering you a troll.
Or something like that.
One error.

Affects your credibility; not effects your credibility.

Unless you substitute influences for effects.

Like the blue dress for the green dress.
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#130334 Oct 17, 2012
By trying to adjust to the findings that it once tried so viciously to ban and repress, religion has only succeeded in restating the same questions that undermined it in earlier epochs.

What kind of designer or creator is so wasteful and capricious and approximate?

What kind of designer or creator is so cruel and indifferent?

What kind of designer or creator only chooses to “reveal” himself to semi-stupefied goat herders in desert regions?

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.

"My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures have become clearer and stronger with advancing years, and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them."
~Abraham Lincoln

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#130335 Oct 17, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
Failed to convince anyone here of your creationist god, go back to your cult and tell them to send a better drone.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#130336 Oct 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pride has gotten in the way of humility. We all know you’re not perfect. It’s ok, we all make mistakes.
no such thing as god, its a fact.

Westcliffe, CO

#130337 Oct 17, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One error.
Affects your credibility; not effects your credibility.
Unless you substitute influences for effects.
Like the blue dress for the green dress.
Wrong again. It effects your credibility as in rendering it non-existent. No influence. Does.

You have some sort of affective disorder effectively interfering with your effectiveness in use of the English language. This affects your public image on here.

Westcliffe, CO

#130338 Oct 17, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Failed to convince anyone here of your creationist god, go back to your cult and tell them to send a better drone.
You need a ghostwriter to make posts for you. Such would be the only way you could come across as intelligent.

You are having trouble with that. Interferes with your effectiveness in advancing your cause. Just don't hire Catcher.

Fremont, CA

#130339 Oct 17, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
<quoted text>
Wrong again. It effects your credibility as in rendering it non-existent. No influence. Does.
You have some sort of affective disorder effectively interfering with your effectiveness in use of the English language. This affects your public image on here.
You are incorrect. "It effects your credibility" is wrong.

But I'm done.

Go sit in the corner.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#130340 Oct 17, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you read your bible? There is no Hell in the Abrahamic religion.
Wrong. Hell is real and it does exist. All versions that are accurate and original describe it fully. Only in the past has it been slowly removed , and that is because lying queers, humanists, liberals, and atheists are getting secretly involved in the paraphrasing.

The Bible mentions the punishment for doing that.

Westcliffe, CO

#130341 Oct 17, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. "It effects your credibility" is wrong.
But I'm done.
Go sit in the corner.
Your attempt was ineffective.

How does that affect you?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#130342 Oct 17, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, of all the atheists here, Catcher really never argues with you idiots. He bluntly ignores you. Catcher mostly comes on for the fun of some people's posts and to discuss sports, alcohol, leisure and love.
Catcher holds back A LOT! It's pretty obvious to me. I've always been impressed with his restraint, among other qualities.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#130343 Oct 17, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
no such thing as god, its a fact.
Mr. Congeniality,

God is not real to you as a individual, that is a fact. Evidence of this is by your very own testimony. Now another fact, God is very real to me by evidence of my testimony.

In any court in the land. Personal testimony is considered evidence. A jury must weigh out the testimony of individual subjects before making a judgment.

Some testimony is tossed aside because it was fabricated. Your testimony is not fabricated because you speak the truth. You truly believe there is no God and all of us believers are just crazy.

Sir, I know you don’t believe me but God is very real. No one can by any means persuade me other wise. I know beyond guesses, hunches, that he is real. He is a spirit meaning he is not of the natural realm.

You are so sure he isn’t real because you live and operate only in the natural realm. There is a spiritual realm that can be tuned into. You can’t tune into this realm because you have no tuner, faith, and so you are dead spiritually.

Yes, to you there is no God but not to me.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#130344 Oct 17, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
A fine post, mi amigo. In fact, quite brilliant. Come stai, amigo (sorry if I mix languages. I speak Spinglinuese)
LOL. Thanks.

You probably meant ¿Como estas?

Fremont, CA

#130345 Oct 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher holds back A LOT! It's pretty obvious to me. I've always been impressed with his restraint, among other qualities.
I must have missed the post that generated Hiding's and then your posts.

Who was it, and what did he/she say to insult me? Please tell me so I can grab a mallet and go after the bastard.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#130346 Oct 17, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. quit picking on my woman !!..
Oops!!!

Fennario

#130347 Oct 17, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
When people think of Mao and Stalin they do not think religion. They think tyrants and mass killers of innocents.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I still don't see the difference. Have you seen the number of genocides your god ordered in your bible? How is that different?

Your god makes Mao and Stalin look like angels:

"Show No Mercy!" Deut 7:2
"Make no peace!" Deut 7:2
"March to War!" Numbers 32:20
"Ethnic cleanse!" Deut. 20:15
"Commit genocide!" Joshua 10:20
"Enslave!" Lev. 25:44
"Beat to death!" Ex. 21:20
"Kill women and chilldren!" Numbers 31:17, 1 Samuel 15:3
"Kill all prisoners!" Deut 7:2
"Destroy!" Deut. 7:16
"Annihilate!" Deut. 17:29
"Slaughter!" Deut. 13:15, Joshua 8:24
"Burn!" Deut. 13:15
"Torture!" Lev. 24:23, Numbers 5:11
"Massacre!" Numbers 21:2
"Exterminate!" Deut 2:34, Deut 3:3
"Crush!" Deut. 33:29
"Kill!" Joshua 9:24
"Destroy!" Deut 31:4
"Smite!" Esther 9:5
"Slash!" Judges 15:8
"Burn!" joshua 6:24
"Kill!" Joshua 10:10
"Kill!" Judges 11:33
"Kill!" Deut 9:3
"Loot!" Deut. 20:10
"Plunder!" Numbers 31:9, Deut 2:35
"Rape!" Numbers 31:18, Deut. 21:10, Judges 21:11
"Pillage!" 1 Samuel 23:5
"Kill!" Deut 9:3
"Kill!" Deut 20:15
"Kill!" Judges 21:11
lightbeamrider wrote:
In Christianity the New interprets the Old.
In Christianity, you say whatever is expedient to mitigate your embarrassments.

Are you saying that your god never did the things attributed to him in the Old Testament, or that they don't matter?

I'm assuming that you agree with me that "your god makes Mao and Stalin look like angels," since you didn't bother to rebut it, but preferred to divert attention away from the claim instead.

Fennario

#130348 Oct 17, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are like any fundie who fixates on the Old.(Select passages) and ignore the context of the New.
How does the New Testament justify all of that genocide by Jehovah to you?

Regarding fixation on the Old Testament, I'm not the one saying that man sinned and fell from grace in the Garden (Genesis). I'm not the one trying to nail the Ten Commandments to the courthouse wall (Exodus). And I'm not the one trying to justify the fossil record with stories of a global flood (Genesis).

In fact, in your post immediately preceding your response above, in answer to Lil Ticked's comment, "Don't you read your bible? There is no Hell in the Abrahamic religion," you answered "Daniel 12:1-2. Sounds like hell to me."

How many times have we been called fools for not believing (Psalms)?

That's all Old Testament.

You flit from one book to the other according to your need at the moment, and pretend that you don't, or that the Old Testament doesn't matter whenever you find it helpful. You shouldn't have to do that if you have the truth in your book. I hope that you don't mind that I point out what you do and why.

Face it: your bible is increasingly an embarrassment for your church, and more and more of it needs to be called either allegory or old and irrelevant every year. Your arguments are increasingly tortured:

“When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min Chimney1 48,484
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 6
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Into The Night 23,491
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) Sat ChristineM 21,863
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Nov 29 Richardfs 5
More from around the web