Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
125,581 - 125,600 of 224,390 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
God's a jokester. Sometimes he makes my ankle itch. Kinda like the dude who's been wearing contacts for 3 years and still, occasionally, puts his finger between his eyes to push up his imaginary glasses.
Weird. I do that and I have never worn glasses.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have heard of phantom limbs before:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_limb
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Weird. I do that and I have never worn glasses.
You do know that I said nose and glasses, right?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
River goes to summer camp

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I left off an f.
Thanks for your concern. I have a new leg. It has a microprocessor in it. It reacts to the muscle movement in my thigh. I does whatever my old leg can do and more. I have an app. I can make it move even when I'm not wearing it. Halloween is gonna be fun :)
Awesome.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
River goes to summer camp
:)

Goodnight River.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodnight River.
Goodnight Gatekeeper 1.

:-)

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodnight Gatekeeper 1.
:-)
You gaytheist science experiments are failed science experiments and lose on the grounds of basic intelligence theory, derp, butt don't get anal on me like your brother/dad silly 12 year old like Al Garfield and Friends.

I gotta stop doing that.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

I want to see more Christians allow themselves to be crucified so they can be Christ like. Bring some popcorn and get a good seat.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I hurt your wittle feewings?
Did you think only christians could be cruel and violent?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that I said nose and glasses, right?
close enough.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You gaytheist science experiments are failed science experiments and lose on the grounds of basic intelligence theory, derp, butt don't get anal on me like your brother/dad silly 12 year old like Al Garfield and Friends.
I gotta stop doing that.
Just wait till my other sock, Hiking on You, sees this.(She's Japanese, it's a Geisha thing). She'll hit us with Science.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
Your doubt and unbelief has no affect on my faith.
No problem. You would need critical thinking for that.

:p
You’re powerless in your argument to convince me otherwise.
Not an issue, seriously.
Enjoy the darkness that you embrace.
It's not even slightly dark here. Lots of illumination! For example, I know how genes work.

:p
Your love of self defines who you are and what you stand for.
Uh...Eagle...you're confusing "atheist" with "narcissist."

Perhaps you should try reading more than one book.:)
I believe and will always believe that God is real.
You know, you implied that above.
I know that he is real even if you don’t.
You subjectively experience your religion's deity as real, just like all believers in all religions experience their deities as real. No worries, it's not an issue. As long as you're happy and don't force it on others.

In fact, you've stated several times that you are here to "save" people. That implies you are here to change them. That means you don't respect their beliefs. And now here you are all worried that we're trying to change you - a tiny little bit of projection, Mr. Eagle.

It's ok. Despite your desires to make everyone like you and your inability to understand how offensive that is while simultaneously being upset that you might get treated likewise, I'll give you a hug.

<hug>

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
Atheistic mind:
Self centered and self elevated. Always believes they are more intellectual than the really are. Enjoy admiring themselves. What they say is absolute truth. Why?, because they said so. What you say does not matter. Why?, because you said it.
Vain to the center core of their belief. Their overly important self rises above all who challenge them. Arrogantly smug and their overly inflated self worth. Always in the indictment mode. Pointing the finger is a mainstay. All their accusations are true. Why?, because they said so, that makes it true.
Their sense of self exceeds the limits of what is normal. Narcissism has permeated into the root system of their mind. Channeling throughout their innermost recesses of their being. Mindlessly conceited and copiously self important to the degree of absurdity.
Admiring self and ones fanciful self absorbed and imaginary talent. Their wisdom is elevated by their superior high mindedness. They have obtained greatness in their own mind. They are their number one fan. Self rule and self guidance they navigate through life by self induced pride.
The atheistic mind is all about being self centered.“There is no god,” they say. Because they see no evidence in their inward looking self diagnostic analysis of self. Self being the center of the universe according to the wisdom of self.
Why do you feel the need to write this every now and again?

I think it's because you're outmatched in every way here. You come on, thinking you have something special to share - something that truly makes you happy. For you have found the "one, true god."

And then it turns out that nearly every atheist here knows more about the world, understands logic better, and how science produces knowledge. Many of the atheists know more about Christianity; many have been Christians and studied not just the Bible and associated myths from your religion, but how people like you work, what your desires are and how you go about attempting to procure them.

So the above is just you being upset. We're not listening, we don't think your message or religion are special and that's bothering you. If you had actually found the one, true god, you would act differently. If you were actually in touch with the Creator of the universe, the perfect being from which all morality flows, you'd be a different person.

Instead you have to get all upset, come on here and project a bunch of nonsense based on your personal biases and inability to convince anyone of your subjective reality.

To say the least, it's unbecoming.

But you know me, I won't stop at the least.:)

<hug>

Your reactions tell us, in great detail, that you are not in touch with the universe's only perfectly moral being, that you do not communicate with your Creator. They tell us how arrogant you are, that you dismiss every other religion, how unempathetic you are, that you fail to understand others.

I have to ask, what would a person be like if they really and truly found "the one, true god"? How would that person act? And I have to ask because the world has never seen it yet - it's pure imagination to wonder these things, just as it is to ask "what would a world with spiderman be like?"

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You once again are lying. You are obsessed with God or else you would be enjoying your so-called liberation from religion, but nope, you're right here ARGUING with Christians out of staggering fear that you are wrong.
You failed, again.
Actually, of all the atheists here, Catcher really never argues with you idiots. He bluntly ignores you. Catcher mostly comes on for the fun of some people's posts and to discuss sports, alcohol, leisure and love.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

preterism wrote:
<quoted text> No guilt eh. Yes even atheists when they do something very wrong yes you do feel guilt and you work at fixing the problem just like Christians. We live our life like Jesus and this helps keep your mind on doing the right thing.
Nah. We just seek out the person we wronged and apologize.

It's quite a bit different than you, sitting home, idle hands, masturbate and then feel all guilty and, out of guilt, apologize to your Almighty, Ever-watching Stalker.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
God's a jokester. Sometimes he makes my ankle itch. Kinda like the dude who's been wearing contacts for 3 years and still, occasionally, puts his finger between his eyes to push up his imaginary glasses.
Sometimes, when one of my eyes is itchy, I move my contact left or right to get rid of the dust.

That hurts a lot when I'm not wearing contacts.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait till my other sock, Hiking on You, sees this.(She's Japanese, it's a Geisha thing). She'll hit us with Science.
<punch!>

<pow!>

<bam!>

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huayra. It's the Inca's god of the winds.
>1 Million USD
It's a glorious machine.

The only problem with those type of cars is practicality - they are headaches in a city environment.

Firstly, to splash a million USD on a car makes you already very rich, but to splash it out on a car that you will almost never drive, means that you are super rich.

I would still go Aston Martin.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't get it ~ it is events in our lives that enhance our beliefs..... I guess you just don't have the events at all! I can only feel sorry for you as you are missing out on much :(
I don't miss not having brain damage.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No; but GOD is inside and within, the big bang theory is exactly that, a theory. A thought, and idea..... by those who don't know GOD :)
Wrong.

The person who proposed the Big Bang theory was a priest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••