Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#130096 Oct 16, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
"Everyone's DNA takes them back to a person..." Yes, but what of before this? Our DNA is almost the same as apes, thus it stands to reason we are related.
Our DNA is closer to apes than any other species. This is evidence. Proof is in the eye of the beholder.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>rubbish
There's no denying it. Collins admits it as well.

He writes "if you don't believe in evolution, you aren't educated."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#130097 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
He's Popeye the Saviorman.
bwaaahahahahaha!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#130098 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. He lost me quick with his boring atheistic bullshit.
Dave is actually a theist. Sort of in your camp, but not stupid enough to embrace a 6000 year old earth.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#130099 Oct 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is actually a theist. Sort of in your camp, but not stupid enough to embrace a 6000 year old earth.
You know it really only matters to scientists and theists. For all I know, it's only 19 1/2 years old. The only thing I heard in the last hour was the sound that came from my violin. When I play, the universe stands still as far as I know.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#130100 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it really only matters to scientists and theists. For all I know, it's only 19 1/2 years old. The only thing I heard in the last hour was the sound that came from my violin. When I play, the universe stands still as far as I know.
Wow! Nice. How long have you been playing?

I have a violin and I'm supposed to be playing. The poor violin, it's never been so violated :(

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#130101 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
You totally ignore the fact that many deistic and theistic scientists look upon science, and the scientific method, as a way to see how higher forms assembled this existence.
Irrelevant. They learned that science from secular sources that contradict their bible. Science just keeps compacting the Christian god into ever narrowing gaps.

Such theistic evolutionists and other old earth creationists are the missing links - the transitional forms - between the biblical worldview, and that of humanism and secular science.

This last gasp effort is way too little way too late. Such a strategy might have been effective had you deployed it a few centuries ago.

But not now. The church has irrevocably cast itself in the role of the science's inquisitor, as we see all over these Topix threads. The antiscience minions are out in full force, with an echo chamber piping out new antiscientific memes developed in think tanks like the Discovery Institute, and arriving at various web sites for consumption by willing vectors for it almost weekly. This will keep the church entrenched in its losing role until it self-destructs and is no longer audible.

Did you hear about Higgs boson being discovered. Jehovah-Jesus never made a prophecy of that quality ... ever. Every victory for science is another defeat for Jesus.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#130102 Oct 16, 2012
ust Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. He lost me quick with his boring atheistic bullshit.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't know me very well, do they?

Location hidden

#130103 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the cat runs and hides, along with everyone else?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#130104 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, the cat came back, and look what it dragged in.

Off to the gym.

It attracts me like a magnet.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#130105 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
They don't know me very well, do they?
I don't think Just Results thinks you're in his camp. I would guess he believes you're going to burn beside me.

Wow, he's going to be upset when he finds out he's serving us in Valhalla forever, hey!

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#130106 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use gut and I don't use rosin that comes from live trees.

It's nice to see you too, Dave.

Florence, KY

#130107 Oct 16, 2012
I think Dave and this guy would have a total bromance.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/cave-man...

The cave dweller defended his right to live in the cave and disputed the claims by locals.

"As you can see from the water on the floor over there, that's where I just bathed," the man said, declining to give his name.

More from KVIA-TV's report:

He said the snakes in the tin nearby were for the animals in the mountain and not his own food.

"From the dumpster buffets and the fast food joints," he said of how he gets his food. "I'm a plasma donor. I'm not dying of anything, I'm drug-free and disease-free. God has blessed me with very good health."

The man said he's not hurting anyone and lives off donations and recycling cans.

"What is my crime? You ask my good neighbors, most of them help me," he said before dismissing those who complain about him as busybodies. "I'm sin-free in every city. I'm baptized and saved. They need to worry about their own selves, to repent and help the community more."

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#130108 Oct 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Nice. How long have you been playing?
I have a violin and I'm supposed to be playing. The poor violin, it's never been so violated :(
I've been playing since I was old enough to hold it by myself.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#130109 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Unreal! I'd love to hear you play.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#130110 Oct 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Unreal! I'd love to hear you play.
I played for a couple months in Venice Beach last year for "donations".

Location hidden

#130111 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>

Real violin playing.

Location hidden

#130112 Oct 16, 2012
&fe ature=fvwrel

More real violin playing.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#130113 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AVgY92Csd60XX
Real violin playing.
I like it Dave. I like every instrument on the stage except for that stupid banjo. I tried it and tried it and tried it and the only thing I could think to do with it was hit somebody in the head with it. So I did. I think that was my third stint in the "special house".

Location hidden

#130114 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it Dave. I like every instrument on the stage except for that stupid banjo. I tried it and tried it and tried it and the only thing I could think to do with it was hit somebody in the head with it. So I did. I think that was my third stint in the "special house".
:-)

I've tried a few different instruments. The cat and everyone else hid out when I picked them up.

The banjo is one of the easiest to pick out a tune on. Wide variety of styles on it. It's a natural.

I liked the mandolin the best.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#130115 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too.

Oh....I meant....nevermind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 9 min Thinking 67
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 12 min Patrick 4,089
Stump a theist with 2 questions 17 min TheHeadlines 53
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 26 min TheHeadlines 930
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 30 min TheHeadlines 193
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr CunningLinguist 462
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr fadu singh 22,212
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE