Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
125,461 - 125,480 of 226,338 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#130076 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
May Popeye have mercy on our souls.
And give all the lil chilens some spinach.

Popeye loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red, brown, yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Popeye loves the little children
Of the world.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#130077 Oct 16, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>But if it wasn't for God, the reward of Heaven and the fear of Hell then everyone would be a lying, thieving, murdering rapist.
Don't forget the running around naked part.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#130078 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>rubbish
Not rubbish and evolutionary science verifies this

Why do you rubbish a post without explanation, sounds to be like you donít actually have a response but do have emotion.

Please feel free to explain which animal DNA most closely resembles human DNA

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#130079 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you would agree ~ I just posted more info from Francis Collins but you would have already read what he has had to say because you have seen it all before!! Glad you condone swearing.... it suits your style
As far as I can see you condone lying.

Personally I find lying more abhorrent that swearing although I suppose it depends how you were raised as a child. If you are used to lying as a way of life then perhaps you have an excuse.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#130080 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know what animals were around at the beginning of the Bible? Evolution is adapting to the changes, extinction is failure to adapt IMO
Only 6000 years ago (this month), no problem. Just go to some archaeological dig excavating that period and voila, bones, teeth, partial and complete skeletons etc. Closer to the coast you will also find shells.

Although in some animals evolutional change can be seen in action (and is being studied), the majority have found their niche with little environmental pressure to push evolutionary change.

The same applies to humans, little change over the last 8 or 9 thousand years but further back in time cro magnon man (before the babble book) had a denser bone structure and larger skull,(indicating larger brain). That did not make them any less homo sapiens, just as you and every other human on this rock.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#130081 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
And give all the lil chilens some spinach.
Popeye loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red, brown, yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Popeye loves the little children
Of the world.
He's Popeye the Saviorman.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#130082 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the running around naked part.
Running around naked is fine. Just remember if you rape her, you marry her.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#130083 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
He's Popeye the Saviorman.
BLASPHEMER!
&fe ature=related

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#130084 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the running around naked part.
I never forget that part.

Catch me if you can.

Will you hold the Snipe bag?

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#130085 Oct 16, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
This is "Dave Nelson" long winded way of saying:-
"I gone got stupider the older I got"
I agree. He lost me quick with his boring atheistic bullshit.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#130086 Oct 16, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 6000 years ago (this month), no problem. Just go to some archaeological dig excavating that period and voila, bones, teeth, partial and complete skeletons etc. Closer to the coast you will also find shells.
Although in some animals evolutional change can be seen in action (and is being studied), the majority have found their niche with little environmental pressure to push evolutionary change.
The same applies to humans, little change over the last 8 or 9 thousand years but further back in time cro magnon man (before the babble book) had a denser bone structure and larger skull,(indicating larger brain). That did not make them any less homo sapiens, just as you and every other human on this rock.
LMAO!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#130087 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never forget that part.
Catch me if you can.
Will you hold the Snipe bag?
Sure, and we can go cow tipping later on.

Nude, of course.

Well, except for the boots.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#130088 Oct 16, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yet we see more and more Christians accepting the fact of the Big Bang and evolution.
<quoted text>
You see what you want to see....it's called delusions. Neither BB or evilution are facts. You also believe what you want to believe with no records to back it.

You don't really know how God created the world and universe, so you take evidence and twist it to conform to multiple assorted lies you deem fit to adhere to in support of your lying agenda.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#130089 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You see what you want to see....it's called delusions. Neither BB or evilution are facts. You also believe what you want to believe with no records to back it.
You don't really know how God created the world and universe, so you take evidence and twist it to conform to multiple assorted lies you deem fit to adhere to in support of your lying agenda.
It's kind of pathetic how you creationists love to lie about science to so much. Perhaps it part of your mental illness.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#130090 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Laughing but with no response, Thatís fine but please let us know what tickled you so we can all have a laugh

Was it 6000 years?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronolog...

Or is it that I say that in archaeological digs bones are often found
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeo...

Or that the evolution can be observed occuring right now
http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/new...

Or that Cro magnon man were as human and as homo sapien as you and I
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cro-Magnon

Come on, please let is all share in you jocularity

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#130091 Oct 16, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kind of pathetic how you creationists love to lie about science to so much. Perhaps it part of your mental illness.
I personally think he lives in a limestone area that is effected by acid rainfall.

The carbon dioxide caused can produce delusion, mass hallucinations and even profound religious experiences

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/...

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#130092 Oct 16, 2012
So Dave is Daffy duck12's daddy lol!
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too old to be as relevant as you think.
EMBRACE THE MAGNET, DAVE!

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#130093 Oct 16, 2012
Just Effing awesome!!
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
He's Popeye the Saviorman.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#130094 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too old to be as relevant as you think.
EMBRACE THE MAGNET, DAVE!
The magnet is an idol. It is the force creating the magnet.

Your ENTIRE interaction with ANYTHING of a physical nature, and your conscious thinking, is via strictly what physics calls the EM force.

You can't touch a proton, you can't touch gravity. But they are anchors for you to exercise your EM forces.

Less than a fraction of one percent of the observable matter is "EM neutral". Not my guess, a scientific pronouncement. You are amongst that "EM neutral" matter. That neutrality is disturbed by that other 99% not neutral, and gravity, and actions/reactions are set into motion on the physical level. Your ability to act and react is dictated by forces much greater than yourself. You just like to "think" you are self initiating.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#130095 Oct 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
How long can you hold your breath underwater? We are going to get you saved. The water won't hurt your wheelchair.
You're really not far off from an Inquisition with water boarding here. Maybe the wheels on the wheelchair can be used for the submersion.

It seems that you can take the church out of the Middle Ages, but you can't take the Medieval out of the church.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 28 min Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 6 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 6 hr Patrick 172
100% Faith Free 10 hr Thinking 11
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr ChristineM 902
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••