Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#130176 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
They've substituted prayer with actions of hatred. We have school and public shootings to prove that.
Atheists are universal terrorists. One took action by shooting up people who were simply wanting to watch a movie in a theater.
He was an atheist performing the deeds he was encouraged and coached to do most likely by atheist students and professors in his college.
Wouldn't surprise me if he was an atheist poster right here.
Hi JR.

If this is your way of asking me to go to the movies with you, the answer is no.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#130177 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
They've substituted prayer with actions of hatred. We have school and public shootings to prove that.
Atheists are universal terrorists. One took action by shooting up people who were simply wanting to watch a movie in a theater.
He was an atheist performing the deeds he was encouraged and coached to do most likely by atheist students and professors in his college.
Wouldn't surprise me if he was an atheist poster right here.
Hey dipshit he was Catholic.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#130178 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
See how cruel and violent this athetrash is?
How was the atheist response violent? You were merely asked if you were truly going to follow in Jesus' footsteps. The poster did not threaten you with nailing you up to the cross personally.

By the way, there are some extremists that do go to that extent voluntarily.

And when it comes to violence that is usually the "Christian" side. I have never threatened any theist, but I have been threatened and I have seen theist joke about attacking atheists.
Atheist Silurist

Gloucester, UK

#130179 Oct 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hey dipshit he was Catholic.
That would explain it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#130180 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I hurt your wittle feewings?

Did you think only christians could be cruel and violent?
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#130181 Oct 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have "belief in atheism."
And I don't require any faith.
I just don't believe in the supernatural. I don't believe in hexes, ghosts, astrology, witches, gods, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, none of that sort of stuff.
This shouldn't be difficult for you to understand. You probably don't believe in most of the supernatural stuff I mentioned, and as for gods, you don't believe in any of the over 10,000 gods that have been suggested in different places by different cultures over the years, except for one of those gods. So in effect you are an "atheist" about all gods except one of them.
I'm an atheist about that one too. So really, we aren't that far apart. We agree that 9,999 of the alleged gods don't exist, we only disagree as to one of them. Just one out of 10,000.
I wasn't even writing to you..... is that hard for you to understand?
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#130182 Oct 16, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think everybody has to have a belief?
Just because you are brainwashed doesn't mean the rest of us are.
You just don't get it ~ it is events in our lives that enhance our beliefs..... I guess you just don't have the events at all! I can only feel sorry for you as you are missing out on much :(
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#130183 Oct 16, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a belief, why are you on here arguing about it?
Know what the name of the forum is Black Sheep? It also has a question mark after the title, sort of insinuating that this is a forum for debate!!
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#130184 Oct 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
They appear to write whatever takes their fancy.....

Location hidden

#130185 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't even writing to you..... is that hard for you to understand?
Public forum. Anything that is posted is fair game.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#130186 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't even writing to you..... is that hard for you to understand?
I do understand.

You're stuck.

You don't have a prayer, so to say.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#130187 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't get it ~ it is events in our lives that enhance our beliefs..... I guess you just don't have the events at all! I can only feel sorry for you as you are missing out on much :(
Hey Richard.

You have to get yourself an "event," whatever that is.

An you'll be converted.

And will no longer be "missing out on much."

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#130188 Oct 16, 2012
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
That would explain it.

Christards want to blame it on atheists and....
His priest wants to say he was possessed by the devil.
Nobody want to admit he was just plain crazy, probably driven that way by them.

Location hidden

#130189 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't get it ~ it is events in our lives that enhance our beliefs..... I guess you just don't have the events at all! I can only feel sorry for you as you are missing out on much :(
So when bad things happen to you, your belief grows? When a car crushed my leg and the doctors cut it off, I should have dropped to my one knee and thanked your god?

Am I the only one that finds that silly?

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#130190 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
So when bad things happen to you, your belief grows? When a car crushed my leg and the doctors cut it off, I should have dropped to my one knee and thanked your god?
I think the entire concept is ridiculous.

A god out there somewhere.

Everett, WA

#130191 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you could have prayed for God to fix it. Oh wait, God hates amputees, never mind.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#130192 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get you a titanium one , like that dude in battleship shoot he lost both of his. The real Lt. Dans gets around good on his new legs ,
magic legs ^^.

http://www.armytimes.com/xml/news/2012/05/gan...

Everett, WA

#130193 Oct 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You should get you a titanium one , like that dude in battleship shoot he lost both of his. The real Lt. Dans gets around good on his new legs ,
magic legs ^^.
http://www.armytimes.com/xml/news/2012/05/gan...
Neat coincidence, the ship in the background was named for a battle my father fought in. My Dad was a Marine at the battle of the Chosin Reservoir. They were severely outnumbered, well over 3 to 1, with estimates of up to 10 to 1. The nights got down to -30 F. And of course they were camping with no fires. The Marines had on the order of 60% casualties and had to withdraw, yet it is still considered a great Marine victory. Their own casualties were horific, perhaps up to 30,000 dead. The Chinese had not been openly in combat in the Korean War before this and their goal in their first battle was to totally wipe out the U.N. forces (luckily for me they failed). My father was wounded in the leg and like many veterans of that battle he still has issues from frost bite today.

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/battleswa...
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#130194 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Err ~ you lived to tell your tale... who would you like to thank for that? The car that bowled you over?

Location hidden

#130195 Oct 16, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you could have prayed for God to fix it. Oh wait, God hates amputees, never mind.
God's a jokester. Sometimes he makes my ankle itch. Kinda like the dude who's been wearing contacts for 3 years and still, occasionally, puts his finger between his eyes to push up his imaginary glasses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 95,379
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 6 hr Elganned 174
man 18 hr blacklagoon 3 1
The atheists mind Jun 15 Elganned 63
Why creation? Jun 14 Elganned 55
News Atheism and Wonder Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 50
A question for Christians... Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 115