Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,273)

Showing posts 125,441 - 125,460 of223,260
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
Is Christianity Good for American Politics?
No
Hidingfromyou

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally. Science, the fool, is neutral. People aren't.
If you understood what science tells us about human brains and enculturation, you might have a better understanding of how your GAY experiences are encultured brain experiences - subjectively biased, imagined representations of reality.
Exactly.

Since: Mar 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

But Noah fit millions of animals on the ark right?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How long does it take for a fish to fry in the sun?
Guess they learned to get a tan while learning to breathe and walk, also, eh?
Of course, you had to have those adventurous fishy souls that even dared to leave their comfort zone in the first place.
Pretty fancy adapting.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Yet we see more and more Christians accepting the fact of the Big Bang and evolution.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No; but GOD is inside and within, the big bang theory is exactly that, a theory. A thought, and idea..... by those who don't know GOD :)

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Imagine how bad the earth would be today if Zeus had not banished the titans and Cronus to the abyss!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was an atheist long before you were even born.
You are still raging against the machine. Your emotions blind you to seeing it in its totality. So you have grabbed onto something to create your own view. You just found another religion in furtherance of your passion. Such is evinced by your black and white views expectorated about religion, particularly that immature one about it stifling science. You totally ignore the fact that many deistic and theistic scientists look upon science, and the scientific method, as a way to see how higher forms assembled this existence. A back engineering to find God. Outside of organized religion. No, you have to paint them ALL evil.
YOUR science is stifled by your emotion.
You are too damned young to be as wise as you like to think.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
I knew it! You are eagle's daddy!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Your Atheism takes sides. Science is neutral. That is the difference. You should not be allowed to justify your anti theism by wrapping it in Science.
You seem to have no problem wrapping your pro-theism in scientific ignorance.

What's up with that?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No threat to any but the enemy, sorry Christine dear..
It's hard for the warrior to escape warrior mentality.
Just let it go... we agree there is two to make a fight,
but I will not fight with you, for you are not my enemy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Pax

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still raging against the machine. Your emotions blind you to seeing it in its totality. So you have grabbed onto something to create your own view. You just found another religion in furtherance of your passion. Such is evinced by your black and white views expectorated about religion, particularly that immature one about it stifling science. You totally ignore the fact that many deistic and theistic scientists look upon science, and the scientific method, as a way to see how higher forms assembled this existence. A back engineering to find God. Outside of organized religion. No, you have to paint them ALL evil.
YOUR science is stifled by your emotion.
You are too damned young to be as wise as you like to think.
You're too old to be as relevant as you think.

EMBRACE THE MAGNET, DAVE!

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Your worldview will be shattered. It is just a question of when. Every knee bows.
There it is.

The #1 motivator for Christian belief.

At some point, just about every Christian alludes to it.

You think of your heaven and you think of your hell when you think of death, or your deity.

I truly feel sorry for you because you obviously live in such a state of fear and conflict, that you feel the need to mention it so often.

What a shame.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to prove your god before you attempt to talk science. This is cowardly and dishonest behaviour from a Creationist with no evidence that your hallucinations and mental illness have any effect on e real world.
If you want atheists to believe in your ridiculous nonsense you call a faith, you need to up your game and stop lying about science to people who are miles smarter than you, because it makes you look really, really f*cking atupid.
And you are a real charmer, swearing really is an intelligent way of handling oneself, congratulations :)

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is.
The #1 motivator for Christian belief.
At some point, just about every Christian alludes to it.
You think of your heaven and you think of your hell when you think of death, or your deity.
I truly feel sorry for you because you obviously live in such a state of fear and conflict, that you feel the need to mention it so often.
What a shame.
But if it wasn't for God, the reward of Heaven and the fear of Hell then everyone would be a lying, thieving, murdering rapist.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>
Darwin stated we came from a "common ancestor". He never claimed we descended from apes. Or chimps.
"The remarkable similarity among the genomes of
humans and the African great apes could warrant
their classification together as a single genus."
http://cmm.ucsd.edu/varki/varkilab/Publicatio...
And there are, of course differences, too.
***I am a scientist and a believer, and I find no conflict between those world views.

As the director of the Human Genome Project, I have led a consortium of scientists to read out the 3.1 billion letters of the human genome, our own DNA instruction book. As a believer, I see DNA, the information molecule of all living things, as God's language, and the elegance and complexity of our own bodies and the rest of nature as a reflection of God's plan.

But reason alone cannot prove the existence of God. Faith is reason plus revelation, and the revelation part requires one to think with the spirit as well as with the mind. You have to hear the music, not just read the notes on the page. Ultimately, a leap of faith is required.

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-04-03/us/collins...

***Collins, a pioneering medical geneticist who once headed the Human Genome Project, adapts his title from President Clinton's remarks announcing completion of the first phase of the project in 2000: "Today we are learning the language in which God created life." Collins explains that as a Christian believer, "the experience of sequencing the human genome, and uncovering this most remarkable of all texts, was both a stunning scientific achievement and an occasion of worship." This marvelous book combines a personal account of Collins's faith and experiences as a genetics researcher with discussions of more general topics of science and spirituality, especially centering around evolution.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Language-God-Scient...

They are copied and pasted from Francis Collins and the links are there. He is the man as far as I am concerned, and has the wisdom to understand the complexity of life on earth..... others are happy to think that a big bang worked it all out and scattered organisms or some such everywhere and all that some such got together, created reproductive organs, and hey, presto, earth is populated with people, animals, birds, insects, sea creatures of all kinds, food growing plants, food growing trees and the list goes on.

You laugh at believers, and let me assure you, believers laugh at your ideas too :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Everyone's DNA takes them back to a person..." Yes, but what of before this? Our DNA is almost the same as apes, thus it stands to reason we are related.
Our DNA is closer to apes than any other species. This is evidence. Proof is in the eye of the beholder.
rubbish

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And you are a real charmer, swearing really is an intelligent way of handling oneself, congratulations :)
What he said was true.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You don't seem to know what creationism is. It's in your bible, and it doesn't include evolution.
How do you know what animals were around at the beginning of the Bible? Evolution is adapting to the changes, extinction is failure to adapt IMO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What he said was true.
Of course you would agree ~ I just posted more info from Francis Collins but you would have already read what he has had to say because you have seen it all before!! Glad you condone swearing.... it suits your style

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, I figured that we were done.
<quoted text>
You don't have to tell me that! Your rights stop, where mine begin. Simple. You have the right to be heard and I have the right not to listen. I do not have the right to harm anyone because I heard you.
<quoted text>
Name one time that I wanted to suppress anyone's freedom of speech!
Name one time that I wanted to suppress anyone's freedom of religion!
I said that they do not have the right to suppress my rights or to harm anyone because their feelings were hurt. Nothing more.
My rights donít stop anywhere, and just because you want them to stop is not my problem.

This is true but harming people is nothing to do with freedom of speech, it is usually caused by emotional abnormality or lack of self control, both are highly prevalent in rampant nationalism and the fundamentally religious. Ask Anders Behring Breivik if he had the right to kill 69 people and I am sure his answer will be yes. Ask Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic if they had the right to order genocide and what do you think the answer will be?

You have the right not to like that a 14 year old girl was shot for exercising her freedom. I assume, all civilised people feel the same way. That does not change the fundamental precept of freedom of speech and freedom of expression. You canít limit it to what you want or to those you like or your country. Nor does it mitigate the responsibility you must exercise to nurture that freedom. The people I mentioned above have either already been tried or are in the process of being tried for excising what they considered their freedom to do what the f*ck they wanted. They are responsible to themselves, to those they hurt and humanity in general for exercising their freedom. All of which is something I have the freedom to say and am responsible for saying.

Well how about just above where you tell my that my rights stop where yours begin.

How about your contempt for the Muslim faith? You deliberate confusion of Islam and terrorism?

And back to square one, you donít have the right to suppress anyone elseís rights.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>But if it wasn't for God, the reward of Heaven and the fear of Hell then everyone would be a lying, thieving, murdering rapist.
May Popeye have mercy on our souls.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my...
He said "If there was a god..."
You've determined that word, "if" to be a noun?
There are 2 choices, either a conjunction or a noun

The sentence was structured with the if as a noun however you are welcome to interpret it in any way you feel best suites the colour of you underwear

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 125,441 - 125,460 of223,260
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••