Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#130068 Oct 16, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Everyone's DNA takes them back to a person..." Yes, but what of before this? Our DNA is almost the same as apes, thus it stands to reason we are related.
Our DNA is closer to apes than any other species. This is evidence. Proof is in the eye of the beholder.
rubbish

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#130069 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And you are a real charmer, swearing really is an intelligent way of handling oneself, congratulations :)
What he said was true.

#130070 Oct 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You don't seem to know what creationism is. It's in your bible, and it doesn't include evolution.
How do you know what animals were around at the beginning of the Bible? Evolution is adapting to the changes, extinction is failure to adapt IMO

#130071 Oct 16, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What he said was true.
Of course you would agree ~ I just posted more info from Francis Collins but you would have already read what he has had to say because you have seen it all before!! Glad you condone swearing.... it suits your style

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#130072 Oct 16, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, I figured that we were done.
<quoted text>
You don't have to tell me that! Your rights stop, where mine begin. Simple. You have the right to be heard and I have the right not to listen. I do not have the right to harm anyone because I heard you.
<quoted text>
Name one time that I wanted to suppress anyone's freedom of speech!
Name one time that I wanted to suppress anyone's freedom of religion!
I said that they do not have the right to suppress my rights or to harm anyone because their feelings were hurt. Nothing more.
My rights donít stop anywhere, and just because you want them to stop is not my problem.

This is true but harming people is nothing to do with freedom of speech, it is usually caused by emotional abnormality or lack of self control, both are highly prevalent in rampant nationalism and the fundamentally religious. Ask Anders Behring Breivik if he had the right to kill 69 people and I am sure his answer will be yes. Ask Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic if they had the right to order genocide and what do you think the answer will be?

You have the right not to like that a 14 year old girl was shot for exercising her freedom. I assume, all civilised people feel the same way. That does not change the fundamental precept of freedom of speech and freedom of expression. You canít limit it to what you want or to those you like or your country. Nor does it mitigate the responsibility you must exercise to nurture that freedom. The people I mentioned above have either already been tried or are in the process of being tried for excising what they considered their freedom to do what the f*ck they wanted. They are responsible to themselves, to those they hurt and humanity in general for exercising their freedom. All of which is something I have the freedom to say and am responsible for saying.

Well how about just above where you tell my that my rights stop where yours begin.

How about your contempt for the Muslim faith? You deliberate confusion of Islam and terrorism?

And back to square one, you donít have the right to suppress anyone elseís rights.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#130073 Oct 16, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>But if it wasn't for God, the reward of Heaven and the fear of Hell then everyone would be a lying, thieving, murdering rapist.
May Popeye have mercy on our souls.

#130074 Oct 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my...
He said "If there was a god..."
You've determined that word, "if" to be a noun?
There are 2 choices, either a conjunction or a noun

The sentence was structured with the if as a noun however you are welcome to interpret it in any way you feel best suites the colour of you underwear

#130075 Oct 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my...
He said "If there was a god..."
You've determined that word, "if" to be a noun?
Of course the guys rampant and outspoken christianity may also have some bearing of how he structured his comment

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#130076 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
May Popeye have mercy on our souls.
And give all the lil chilens some spinach.

Popeye loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red, brown, yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Of the world.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#130077 Oct 16, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>But if it wasn't for God, the reward of Heaven and the fear of Hell then everyone would be a lying, thieving, murdering rapist.
Don't forget the running around naked part.

#130078 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>rubbish
Not rubbish and evolutionary science verifies this

Why do you rubbish a post without explanation, sounds to be like you donít actually have a response but do have emotion.

Please feel free to explain which animal DNA most closely resembles human DNA

#130079 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you would agree ~ I just posted more info from Francis Collins but you would have already read what he has had to say because you have seen it all before!! Glad you condone swearing.... it suits your style
As far as I can see you condone lying.

Personally I find lying more abhorrent that swearing although I suppose it depends how you were raised as a child. If you are used to lying as a way of life then perhaps you have an excuse.

#130080 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know what animals were around at the beginning of the Bible? Evolution is adapting to the changes, extinction is failure to adapt IMO
Only 6000 years ago (this month), no problem. Just go to some archaeological dig excavating that period and voila, bones, teeth, partial and complete skeletons etc. Closer to the coast you will also find shells.

Although in some animals evolutional change can be seen in action (and is being studied), the majority have found their niche with little environmental pressure to push evolutionary change.

The same applies to humans, little change over the last 8 or 9 thousand years but further back in time cro magnon man (before the babble book) had a denser bone structure and larger skull,(indicating larger brain). That did not make them any less homo sapiens, just as you and every other human on this rock.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#130081 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
And give all the lil chilens some spinach.
All the children of the world
Red, brown, yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Of the world.
He's Popeye the Saviorman.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#130082 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Running around naked is fine. Just remember if you rape her, you marry her.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#130083 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
He's Popeye the Saviorman.
BLASPHEMER!
&fe ature=related

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#130084 Oct 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I never forget that part.

Catch me if you can.

Will you hold the Snipe bag?

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#130085 Oct 16, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
This is "Dave Nelson" long winded way of saying:-
"I gone got stupider the older I got"
I agree. He lost me quick with his boring atheistic bullshit.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#130086 Oct 16, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 6000 years ago (this month), no problem. Just go to some archaeological dig excavating that period and voila, bones, teeth, partial and complete skeletons etc. Closer to the coast you will also find shells.
Although in some animals evolutional change can be seen in action (and is being studied), the majority have found their niche with little environmental pressure to push evolutionary change.
The same applies to humans, little change over the last 8 or 9 thousand years but further back in time cro magnon man (before the babble book) had a denser bone structure and larger skull,(indicating larger brain). That did not make them any less homo sapiens, just as you and every other human on this rock.
LMAO!

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#130087 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never forget that part.
Catch me if you can.
Will you hold the Snipe bag?
Sure, and we can go cow tipping later on.

Nude, of course.

Well, except for the boots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Denisova 18,852
News Confessions of a black atheist 7 hr Mikko 475
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Sun Amused 25
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Sun thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sun thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism Sat Koala_Gums 1,340
News Gary Gutting and Alvin Plantinga "Is Atheism Ir... May 2 geezerjock 1
More from around the web