Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,268)

Showing posts 125,341 - 125,360 of216,887
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does that mean? No wonder you are on here all the time and need to create different names to post under. You are one of the lamest sob's that I have ever talk down to.
It means I'm going to wheel your ass to church and get you saved. We’ll baptize you and the wheelchair together.

How long can you hold your breath underwater.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
whatever is opposite of euphoric
Dysphoric.

Dysphoria - an emotional state characterized by anxiety, depression, or unease. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dysphoric

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
No no no, you haven't shown us where anyone's DNA takes them back to an ape or chimp..... Show me the link where a person's DNA proves that they are the ancestors of animals; everyone's DNA takes them back to a person.....

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You better let the scientists know then.... somehow, I don't think your views will have an impact LOL
You're a pathetic dishonest lying idiot lying for your cult. Its a pity you havent yet realised this truth.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>Who says; science says and the whole theory of evolution based on survival of the fittest. No, clueless one, many humans engage in sport fishing and hunting. It is sport, and that is why it is called fishing and gaming, since it is a game to catch the game. Animals hunt for food and survival. You will never find a lion hunting just for sport. One clue at a time, take this one and use it.
Did I say humans did not hunt for sport? Nope. So I am not sure who you are debating, but it is not a debate of what I said. And I did not dispute animals hunting for needs. But does that automatically mean they get no pleasure from it? You have not addressed point I actually made.
Evolution is not all based upon survival of the fittest in the sense some feel it is. Most all evolutionary scientists have backed away from the survival of the fittest concept.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No no no, you haven't shown us where anyone's DNA takes them back to an ape or chimp..... Show me the link where a person's DNA proves that they are the ancestors of animals; everyone's DNA takes them back to a person.....
You need to prove your god before you attempt to talk science. This is cowardly and dishonest behaviour from a Creationist with no evidence that your hallucinations and mental illness have any effect on e real world.

If you want atheists to believe in your ridiculous nonsense you call a faith, you need to up your game and stop lying about science to people who are miles smarter than you, because it makes you look really, really f*cking atupid.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Eldon for the meal I am about to skarf down.
I lean towards "Snooky".

Snooky Christ.

"Our Snooky who art in heaven...."

In the name of the Snooky, the Snooky and the holy Snooky..."

I dunno, Herschel is good too, and Eldon, I mean, it's simple and has that instant and classic appeal.

Skipper, Gilligan and the Professor could probably work, but there might be some legal issues with those.

We know who Thurston would be...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

<quoted text>What has theism got to do with one's personal belief. The Catholic church also believed that Jews and Protestants were heretics and killed over 150 million because of that belief. When it is convenient you atheists claim that Hitler was a Catholic, which means that the church believed in gneocide and continuing satan's work of killing Jews.
It is called atheist satanism and it infects the church too.
I am not here defending Catholicism. I am simply showing theists also believe in evolution. You did not dispute that fact.
Again, who are you debating? Are you hearing voices in your head?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
I have no idea what your point is. You have not made a point.
Hey Mike.

Are you just meeting Dave Nelson? You're in for a treat. Dave thinks you should be creative and come up your own physics rather than copying other people's physics from physics books.

He doesn't think much of book learning, universities, scholarship, or credentials. He calls a formal education "parroting" - just regurgitating what you've been told rather than thinking for yourself. I think Dave would find that description close to his liking.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No no no, you haven't shown us where anyone's DNA takes them back to an ape or chimp..... Show me the link where a person's DNA proves that they are the ancestors of animals; everyone's DNA takes them back to a person.....
<sigh>

Darwin stated we came from a "common ancestor". He never claimed we descended from apes. Or chimps.

"The remarkable similarity among the genomes of
humans and the African great apes could warrant
their classification together as a single genus."

http://cmm.ucsd.edu/varki/varkilab/Publicatio...

And there are, of course differences, too.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

<quoted text>Yes, science is doing a lot of research on evolution, much to your chagrin since it is refuting a lot of your preconceptions.
Science does not stand firm on the idea of animals descending from other species, which I am sure you meant. That is one question that is being looked into. 2 million year old Sediba has put a monkey in that wrench, since he was found to be more evolved that neanderthal man and closer to human man. Also, 195 million year old Jurassic rat is laying claim to being human's oldest ancester, so you may want to trim your whiskers and go visit some kins in your nearest sewer.
Seeing fossils, which you have never found, are simply evidence of fossils, not evolution. How many times must you students be told this? The second time was one too many.
Sediba does not defy the theory of evolution one bit and neither does the 195 million year old mammal rodent. I am sure you wish it did, but it does not.
I have absolutely no problem having a 195 million year old ancestor that was a rodent. Do you? Is it an insult to you? If so, then I can see why you automatically dismiss evolution. It offends your thin skinned mind.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

LOL in a suit wrote:
Good post.
Thank you very kindly.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mike.
Are you just meeting Dave Nelson? You're in for a treat. Dave thinks you should be creative and come up your own physics rather than copying other people's physics from physics books.
He doesn't think much of book learning, universities, scholarship, or credentials. He calls a formal education "parroting" - just regurgitating what you've been told rather than thinking for yourself. I think Dave would find that description close to his liking.
Thanks for the heads up. I pretty much figured as much. That is why I stopped debating on this tread for so long. Seems as if all these creationists make up their own science.

Hope all is well with you.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In the sense of the paragraph he was not using if as a conjunction but noun
If noun
supposition; uncertain possibility: a condition, requirement, stipulation:
Ahh you are talking about magic – right?
Oh my...

He said "If there was a god..."

You've determined that word, "if" to be a noun?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No; but GOD is inside and within, the big bang theory is exactly that, a theory. A thought, and idea..... by those who don't know GOD :)
Why do you behave as if you could know anything about any gods that I wouldn't also know? You have no special senses or faculties.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Serah wrote:
"Everyone's DNA takes them back to a person..." Yes, but what of before this? Our DNA is almost the same as apes, thus it stands to reason we are related.
Our DNA is closer to apes than any other species. This is evidence. Proof is in the eye of the beholder.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
Francis Collins openly rejects Creationism, did you know that?
Serah wrote:
No, he doesn't, he says we are far too miraculous in our makeup to be the result of a fluke.... he does believe we have evolved into what we are today, and of course, we have adapted as such.
You don't seem to know what creationism is. It's in your bible, and it doesn't include evolution.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
Legs likely formed from fins. No science is claiming a fully formed leg sprouted overnight.
This fin to leg may have taken tens of millions of years to complete.
Look at mudfish and you you may get a better picture of what may have happened.
lol. Mudfish are real, they aren't hypothetical fishies that are used to fill in the evolutionary blanks.

You said in an earlier post that you see fossils.

Where's the fossil of all the millions of years in evolution of a fish mutating into a land animal?

Do you se that fossil? Or is it just in your mind?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

<quoted text>Why should he heal your amputated limb? You don't believe, so you should ask your daddy satan to do your healing. Don't come to my dad's house and ask him for an allowance either.
I write on a political thread often. One theist said they prayed to help the girl that was abducted last week.
Turns out her prayers were ignored. I am sure millions of Christians prayed for her. They were all ignored.
So I asked her to explain why they think god would refuse to answer their prayers. She said he must have wanted her in heaven with him.
So I said what was the point of praying then? She refused to answer.
So can you answer what the point of praying would be if god just does what he wants and not what people praying wants?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Serah wrote:
The smoking gun evidence for human descent from ancestral apes is in human chromosome 2.

But it's only evidence if you let it be. I haven't seen that happen with a Christian yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 125,341 - 125,360 of216,887
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••