Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
125,261 - 125,280 of 226,570 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#129872 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. But that's why the first wird of the sentence is IF...
Open your mind a little.
Understand that not everything is or can be in the realm of science.
In the sense of the paragraph he was not using if as a conjunction but noun

If noun
supposition; uncertain possibility: a condition, requirement, stipulation:

Ahh you are talking about magic Ė right?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#129873 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Yo amigo. How goes it in the land of the golden sunrise?
Muy bien. And in your hemisphere?

Fennario

#129875 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
6 degrees of Charles Darwin?
Charles Darwin had the same name as Darwin Stevens on Bewitched, who worked for Larry Tate, who had the same last name as Manson victim Sharon Tate, who was Married to Roman Polanski, who directed Kevin Bacon in "Stir of Echoes / The Ninth Gate"

Fennario

#129876 Oct 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
who is Howard Roark ??
Who is John Galt?(shrugs)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129877 Oct 15, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And what makes you think that others donít think the same way?
Gee I love your threats
No threat to any but the enemy, sorry Christine dear..
It's hard for the warrior to escape warrior mentality.
Just let it go... we agree there is two to make a fight,
but I will not fight with you, for you are not my enemy :)

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#129878 Oct 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want too see the city! I want to meet the man who claimed that I was afraid of him! LOL!
Not a problem, come on down. Bring your wheelchair.

Fennario

#129879 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is outside of nature, then science can neither prove nor disprove his existence. Atheism itself must therefore be considered a form of blind faith, in that it adopts a belief system that cannot be defended on the basis of pure reason.(Collins, 2006, p.165)
Interesting.....
Anything that can affect us is part of nature, including the multiverse. Nothing causally connected to us is anything but natural. If gods exist, they are a part of nature. The supernatural, the preternatural, the infranatural, the transnatural, the juxtanatural, the quasinatural, the hypernatural, the micronatural and the extranatural all have equal ontological status.

Atheism is the result of refusing to take a leap of blind faith.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#129880 Oct 15, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Muy bien. And in your hemisphere?
Veza bien, gracias amigo

Getting ready for summer and my green fingers started coming out again. Worked like a madman yesterday in my humble little garden.

Looks like civilised people stay at my house again!! I am so proud

Southern Illinois

#129881 Oct 15, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you going to be in for a surprise most of us here have Bsc and Phds in Biology, Math and Physics.
I didn't realize a goat could get a PhD. Eating the books don't count as reading the books.

Southern Illinois

#129882 Oct 15, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
All that shows is that todays god is tomorrows myth.
Cynicism doesnít add anything to your argument.

God is real and your insignificance canít change that fact.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129883 Oct 15, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize a goat could get a PhD. Eating the books don't count as reading the books.
Ah here you are...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#129884 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Who is John Galt?(shrugs)
.. Dagny Taggart ??..

<< Shrug >>

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#129885 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Charles Darwin had the same name as Darwin Stevens on Bewitched, who worked for Larry Tate, who had the same last name as Manson victim Sharon Tate, who was Married to Roman Polanski, who directed Kevin Bacon in "Stir of Echoes / The Ninth Gate"
I think that was Darrin Stevens.

So much for your veracity as a source of information.

Fennario

#129886 Oct 15, 2012
Loren Eberly wrote:
Americaís grandchildrenís children cannot afford life and pay this debt with the $7.25 per hour Government mandated labor wage in a hundred million years.
That sounds like a pretty bad deal.

The smart ones won't accept those terms. Like their rugged immigrant ancestors who came to America a century or so earlier for the greater opportunities available then, the boldest of those generations will go abroad to make their lives wherever those opportunities can be found then.

And you can't blame them. They didn't run the debt up or the country down. The basic dues for being an American citizen - the part of your taxes that you pay for nothing back, before you help buy one blackboard or traffic light - is pretty high. If America can't give them a fertile working environment in exchange for the high price of the ticket to play, they have incentive to emigrate.

Where once, America drained the talent of other nations that offered less opportunity than it, now its at risk of not only no longer attracting that talent, but maybe of losing much of its own native talent.

Yes, it's depressing.

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#129887 Oct 15, 2012
English isn't your first language is it? Some of those aren't even real words.

Btw I unlike you have read the bible several times. I am well versed in the apologetic arguments regarding the iron chariots. Ahem. God stopped at the iron chariots because the Hebrews sinned right? That's what you were thinking yes?

Huge problem though. See the passage doesn't mention God not helping because they sinned not does it even say they sinned. It says he couldn't help them in the valley because the enemy had iron chariots, not because they sinned, not because one ate some shrimp, not because a soldier didn't say Oy Vey at the right moment just iron chariots. But wait it gets worse using that apologetic argument because if they sinned what was the point of helping them in the mountains?

See when you weave your apologetic lies and wild speculation you find yourself making excuses for God. If God was unable to express the iron chariots thing properly relying on others to clean up his mess, then he certainly isn't worth worshipping even if he existed.
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> So you expect God to write down every single thing he does when he can't even get you to read what little he does write about. Do you know he raised the dead, and your whinning about him not putting down replacing an amputees arm The iron chariots you talk about is so easy to comprehend so it would be an insult to you if I explained it to you. Listen man just study and you'll find out all about the iron chariots and what he's trying to explain to you about this in the correct perspective, you can do it if you'll just study snd when you get the right sndwer you and I will be proud of your accomplishment.

“Ask me who I am and I”

Since: Sep 12

will tell you the same

#129888 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
That's easy.
Once, while visiting her at Leisure World, I heated some coffee in her microwave. I entered "60" and hit start. She had always entered "100," which is converted to "1:00" - same thing - but with one more keystroke.
My mother carried on about how clever and efficient I was for several minutes, even telling a friend of hers in front of me. It was Seinfeld-esque.
That's a mother's love.
That's easy.
Once, while visiting God at church, I heated some coffee in a microwave. I entered "60" and hit start. He had always entered "100," which is converted to "1:00" - same thing - but with one more keystroke.
God carried on about how clever and efficient I was for several minutes, even telling a angels in front of me. It was Seinfeld-esque.
That's a God's love.

Now, tell me friend, why should we accept your story as a mother's love? You have not proven that the story is true or that you even ahve a mother. But, then let's say that no proof is required, then my story about God is just as valid on top of 100s of stories that are way more powerful.

If yo say that my stories about God existence and love have an explanation, then likewise your mother could have been lying and besides she could be some stranger who found you on the streets at age 1 and assumed the identity.

So, that was easy, you have no proof.

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#129889 Oct 15, 2012
That would be the job of your special Ed teacher. Just as usual walk up to him and wave your arms in frustration going duh thuyeah thuyeah!! And show him my posts.

Glad I could be of help Forrest Gimp You're so stupid I bet you have up, left and right syndrome too.
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Please explain more so I can comprehend what you're trying to say.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#129890 Oct 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
6 degrees of Charles Darwin?
Thomas Alva Bell.
Hidingfromyou

Los Angeles, CA

#129891 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Francis Collins is an evolutionist (in your words).
He wrote a book on evolution!!!
And in that book he said "people who don't believe in evolution are not educated."
You didn't read his book on evolution, did you?
You left this on the table.
Hidingfromyou:
I am a foolish liar. You said that you do not know any gays. So, all those people you mentioned you never introduced them to me! Have you ever sat down with a gay friend and talked to them about me?
I have many issues with my parents and the abuse they visited on me. Have you ever talked to an insane person about why they are not stable and how they struggle with relationships? Yeah, that is me. It's hard to deal with all my baggage.
Sometimes I think about men. Like the butcher at the grocery store was gay too. No, like you said, you do not know any gays who like me, but I wish they would. Actually, I am sorry, I need mental help. All I can think to talked about is homosexuality and pedophilia, my lovely only two childhood experiences since I was very, very so young.
Does anyone know what kind of help I can get? I much need help. I am so sorry for troubling you all. Every word I type is full of pain. Misery is all I know.
Why are you still posting to me, the liar?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#129892 Oct 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Thomas Alva Bell.
1 degree of separation with anyone with a phone. LOL

Calvin Coolidge!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 59 min Dak-Original 21,530
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 11 hr James 68
The myth of the angry atheist 23 hr _Bad Company 3
Our world came from nothing? Mon Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) Mon Patrick 13
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••