Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,259)

Showing posts 125,161 - 125,180 of223,141
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129770
Oct 15, 2012
 
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what you mom told you, to hallucinate that she loves you. That's how mental illness works, and sadly mostly gays are mentally ill.(no functioning parent love)
My mom told me to never believe in cr*p without proof. Obviously you were home schooled, or as sane people call it: being brainwashed to sh*t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129771
Oct 15, 2012
 
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>Prove your mom loves you or abort yourself. It really has been that simple since that dawn of your Jurassic rat ancestry.
You seem to be obsessed with my mom for some reason. Maybe its because you have a mental illness called "I'll believe in any old ridiculous make up nonsense that's been disproven as horsesh*t centuries ago?".

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129772
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>that's why you believe in atheism.....
Atheism/agnosticism/secular humanism is not a belief. It is a non-belief.

Hi Serah

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129773
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Nice..... a real Prince Charming in our midst
It's funny how you try to use the word "real". It loses all meaning when it comes from a person that chooses to hallucinate about mythical father figures all the time and put down those people that don't play 'pretend' with you.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129774
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Fact? Why do you say GOD hates shrimps?
You think GOD hates amputees because their limbs do not grow back again? Perhaps you are unaware of the nervous system in our limbs..... Do you think GOD hates starving children too?
Yo Serah.

The question is this.

Do you belive that your god has the power to end starvation? Yes or No?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129775
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who is seriously engaged in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.
http://www.faithinterface.com.au/science-chri...
You are wrong because most scientist are not god believers and einstein didn't believe in god

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129776
Oct 15, 2012
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, I'll use it now.
Say hi to the Gid who created the heaven and earth Adam and Eve and msn snd women.
Hahaha, what a riot.
Praise Gid!

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129777
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with evolution, however I do have a problem believing we are the ancestors of fish or bacteria or alien organisms...
I have no doubts that we are miracles and too miraculous to be the result of some doubtful beginning. But it is not only that, it is the things that have happened also in my life that support and indeed deepen my Faith. The older I get, the more firmly I believe!
Yes, you have problems believing that evolution takes place, but that's what the evidence says.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129778
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Seen the size of the list of scientists who believe in Creation?
Creationism isn't science and will never be science

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129779
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism/agnosticism/secular humanism is not a belief. It is a non-belief.
Hi Serah
Hi DF ~ I was thinking this morning I haven't seen you around for awhile :)

A non-belief is a belief and their faith is in their beliefs and ours is in our belief :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129780
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism isn't science and will never be science
You better let the scientists know then.... somehow, I don't think your views will have an impact LOL

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129781
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
Oh, I forgot to reply that Richard Hawking is an atheist.... of renowned fame.
Hehehehe.

Richard Hawking.

Sure you did not mean Albert Ford?

The Nobel winning scientist who started building automobiles?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129782
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hi DF ~ I was thinking this morning I haven't seen you around for awhile :)
A non-belief is a belief and their faith is in their beliefs and ours is in our belief :)
Best way to describe it is this:

Do you believe Odin to be a real god?

Yes or no?

To you, Odin is just a mythical figure. Unless people can prove to you that Odin exists, then you will not believe in that god, right?

Atheists and agnostics just does the same to ALL deities.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129783
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have problems believing that evolution takes place, but that's what the evidence says.
No DF; DNA is proving creationism more each day ..... evolution basically is extinction in reverse.... human DNA as you know is one of the most adaptable...

***It came as something of a surprise when scientists determined that human beings share almost 99 percent of their genetic material with chimpanzees. This led one scientific journalist to refer to humans as "the third chimpanzee." Despite all that is held in common, however, the differences are crucial and allow humans to be allotted their own genus and species, Homo sapiens. Human feet have lost their grasping capabilities and clearly reflect the fact that humans are characteristically bipedal while chimpanzees and all of their other relatives are characteristically quadrupedal as well as being more clearly adapted to tree-climbing as part of their normal way of life. Humans also lack the fur coat that all other primates possess, and, relative to body size, human brains are nearly three times as large as those of the apes.

Finally, all human groups are completely dependent on the use of language, without which they could not survive, and there is nothing comparable among their nearest nonhuman kin. The learning of previous generations is passed on by linguistic means, and new insights and experiences by individuals can become the property of the group as a whole when these are verbally transmitted. This clearly is a key to human survival, and it is a uniquely human attribute. That body of verbally transmitted learning and traditions is referred to as culture.

http://history-world.org/human_origins.htm ***

What makes people think that somehow they evolved from a monkey (apart from the DNA being similar, which they did not know a century ago)? And why is it that man(kind) has the ability to take care of the world and the animal and plant life? Why cannot a Chimpanzee, who has been evolving longer than us, apparently, now take care of themselves? We can fly into space.... how far has everything else come in a longer period of time. Much longer seeing as they belief is we evolved from something else? Makes no sense to me at all :)

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129784
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You better let the scientists know then.... somehow, I don't think your views will have an impact LOL
Actually, he is right.

The consensus in the scientific community is that:

- The universe was created 13.7 billion years ago in an event known as the Big Bang.

- Earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago.

- Life aroused on earth and evolved ever since.

Every accredited university on earth holds this point of view.

The consnsus is overwhelming.

Now, this does NOT mean that any god has been disproved.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129785
Oct 15, 2012
 
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehehe.
Richard Hawking.
Sure you did not mean Albert Ford?
The Nobel winning scientist who started building automobiles?
Could be him :)

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129786
Oct 15, 2012
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You better let the scientists know then.... somehow, I don't think your views will have an impact LOL
do not have they are not scientists

(calling yourself a scientist doesn't make you a scientist)
Black Thunder 42

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129787
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Best way to describe it is this:
Do you believe Odin to be a real god?
Yes or no?
To you, Odin is just a mythical figure. Unless people can prove to you that Odin exists, then you will not believe in that god, right?
Atheists and agnostics just does the same to ALL deities.
Your problem is this, the people who portray Odin as a god, portray him as a Norse mythology. Big difference. The God of the Bible is not portrayed as a mythical figure

You are not being truthful, the atheists and agnostics never address the 300 wiccan gods, Odin and Zeus being to of them. You never confront Kaitlin or Bitner. You only seem concerned about the one God of the Bible, which means that you have doubts about your disbelief concerning only the Biblical God.
Black Thunder 42

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129788
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
do not have they are not scientists
(calling yourself a scientist doesn't make you a scientist)
And that dear is the problem with evolutionist, they are not scientists.

BYE, TOO LATE. GOOD NIGHT.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129789
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No DF; DNA is proving creationism more each day ..... evolution basically is extinction in reverse.... human DNA as you know is one of the most adaptable...
***It came as something of a surprise when scientists determined that human beings share almost 99 percent of their genetic material with chimpanzees. This led one scientific journalist to refer to humans as "the third chimpanzee." Despite all that is held in common, however, the differences are crucial and allow humans to be allotted their own genus and species, Homo sapiens. Human feet have lost their grasping capabilities and clearly reflect the fact that humans are characteristically bipedal while chimpanzees and all of their other relatives are characteristically quadrupedal as well as being more clearly adapted to tree-climbing as part of their normal way of life. Humans also lack the fur coat that all other primates possess, and, relative to body size, human brains are nearly three times as large as those of the apes.
Finally, all human groups are completely dependent on the use of language, without which they could not survive, and there is nothing comparable among their nearest nonhuman kin. The learning of previous generations is passed on by linguistic means, and new insights and experiences by individuals can become the property of the group as a whole when these are verbally transmitted. This clearly is a key to human survival, and it is a uniquely human attribute. That body of verbally transmitted learning and traditions is referred to as culture.
http://history-world.org/human_origins.htm ***
What makes people think that somehow they evolved from a monkey (apart from the DNA being similar, which they did not know a century ago)? And why is it that man(kind) has the ability to take care of the world and the animal and plant life? Why cannot a Chimpanzee, who has been evolving longer than us, apparently, now take care of themselves? We can fly into space.... how far has everything else come in a longer period of time. Much longer seeing as they belief is we evolved from something else? Makes no sense to me at all :)
Sure it doesn't. As I told you before, you are not a scholar.

Mankind is different, yes. We are technologically more advanced than any other species ever to exist on Earth.

However: This technological superiority has only asted for the past few thousand years.

Evidence shows man evolving side by side with all kinds of great apes and can be traced back many milions of years ago.

The facts are as such:

Physics, geology, biology, paleontology and even archeology all debunks the Creation account in the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 125,161 - 125,180 of223,141
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••