Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#129776 Oct 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, I'll use it now.
Say hi to the Gid who created the heaven and earth Adam and Eve and msn snd women.
Hahaha, what a riot.
Praise Gid!

#129777 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with evolution, however I do have a problem believing we are the ancestors of fish or bacteria or alien organisms...
I have no doubts that we are miracles and too miraculous to be the result of some doubtful beginning. But it is not only that, it is the things that have happened also in my life that support and indeed deepen my Faith. The older I get, the more firmly I believe!
Yes, you have problems believing that evolution takes place, but that's what the evidence says.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#129778 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Seen the size of the list of scientists who believe in Creation?
Creationism isn't science and will never be science

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#129779 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism/agnosticism/secular humanism is not a belief. It is a non-belief.
Hi Serah
Hi DF ~ I was thinking this morning I haven't seen you around for awhile :)

A non-belief is a belief and their faith is in their beliefs and ours is in our belief :)

#129780 Oct 15, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism isn't science and will never be science
You better let the scientists know then.... somehow, I don't think your views will have an impact LOL

#129781 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
Oh, I forgot to reply that Richard Hawking is an atheist.... of renowned fame.
Hehehehe.

Richard Hawking.

Sure you did not mean Albert Ford?

The Nobel winning scientist who started building automobiles?

#129782 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hi DF ~ I was thinking this morning I haven't seen you around for awhile :)
A non-belief is a belief and their faith is in their beliefs and ours is in our belief :)
Best way to describe it is this:

Do you believe Odin to be a real god?

Yes or no?

To you, Odin is just a mythical figure. Unless people can prove to you that Odin exists, then you will not believe in that god, right?

Atheists and agnostics just does the same to ALL deities.

#129783 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have problems believing that evolution takes place, but that's what the evidence says.
No DF; DNA is proving creationism more each day ..... evolution basically is extinction in reverse.... human DNA as you know is one of the most adaptable...

***It came as something of a surprise when scientists determined that human beings share almost 99 percent of their genetic material with chimpanzees. This led one scientific journalist to refer to humans as "the third chimpanzee." Despite all that is held in common, however, the differences are crucial and allow humans to be allotted their own genus and species, Homo sapiens. Human feet have lost their grasping capabilities and clearly reflect the fact that humans are characteristically bipedal while chimpanzees and all of their other relatives are characteristically quadrupedal as well as being more clearly adapted to tree-climbing as part of their normal way of life. Humans also lack the fur coat that all other primates possess, and, relative to body size, human brains are nearly three times as large as those of the apes.

Finally, all human groups are completely dependent on the use of language, without which they could not survive, and there is nothing comparable among their nearest nonhuman kin. The learning of previous generations is passed on by linguistic means, and new insights and experiences by individuals can become the property of the group as a whole when these are verbally transmitted. This clearly is a key to human survival, and it is a uniquely human attribute. That body of verbally transmitted learning and traditions is referred to as culture.

http://history-world.org/human_origins.htm ***

What makes people think that somehow they evolved from a monkey (apart from the DNA being similar, which they did not know a century ago)? And why is it that man(kind) has the ability to take care of the world and the animal and plant life? Why cannot a Chimpanzee, who has been evolving longer than us, apparently, now take care of themselves? We can fly into space.... how far has everything else come in a longer period of time. Much longer seeing as they belief is we evolved from something else? Makes no sense to me at all :)

#129784 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You better let the scientists know then.... somehow, I don't think your views will have an impact LOL
Actually, he is right.

The consensus in the scientific community is that:

- The universe was created 13.7 billion years ago in an event known as the Big Bang.

- Earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago.

- Life aroused on earth and evolved ever since.

Every accredited university on earth holds this point of view.

The consnsus is overwhelming.

Now, this does NOT mean that any god has been disproved.

#129785 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehehe.
Richard Hawking.
Sure you did not mean Albert Ford?
The Nobel winning scientist who started building automobiles?
Could be him :)

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#129786 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You better let the scientists know then.... somehow, I don't think your views will have an impact LOL
do not have they are not scientists

(calling yourself a scientist doesn't make you a scientist)
Black Thunder 42

Los Angeles, CA

#129787 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Best way to describe it is this:
Do you believe Odin to be a real god?
Yes or no?
To you, Odin is just a mythical figure. Unless people can prove to you that Odin exists, then you will not believe in that god, right?
Atheists and agnostics just does the same to ALL deities.
Your problem is this, the people who portray Odin as a god, portray him as a Norse mythology. Big difference. The God of the Bible is not portrayed as a mythical figure

You are not being truthful, the atheists and agnostics never address the 300 wiccan gods, Odin and Zeus being to of them. You never confront Kaitlin or Bitner. You only seem concerned about the one God of the Bible, which means that you have doubts about your disbelief concerning only the Biblical God.
Black Thunder 42

Los Angeles, CA

#129788 Oct 15, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
And that dear is the problem with evolutionist, they are not scientists.

BYE, TOO LATE. GOOD NIGHT.

#129789 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No DF; DNA is proving creationism more each day ..... evolution basically is extinction in reverse.... human DNA as you know is one of the most adaptable...
***It came as something of a surprise when scientists determined that human beings share almost 99 percent of their genetic material with chimpanzees. This led one scientific journalist to refer to humans as "the third chimpanzee." Despite all that is held in common, however, the differences are crucial and allow humans to be allotted their own genus and species, Homo sapiens. Human feet have lost their grasping capabilities and clearly reflect the fact that humans are characteristically bipedal while chimpanzees and all of their other relatives are characteristically quadrupedal as well as being more clearly adapted to tree-climbing as part of their normal way of life. Humans also lack the fur coat that all other primates possess, and, relative to body size, human brains are nearly three times as large as those of the apes.
Finally, all human groups are completely dependent on the use of language, without which they could not survive, and there is nothing comparable among their nearest nonhuman kin. The learning of previous generations is passed on by linguistic means, and new insights and experiences by individuals can become the property of the group as a whole when these are verbally transmitted. This clearly is a key to human survival, and it is a uniquely human attribute. That body of verbally transmitted learning and traditions is referred to as culture.
http://history-world.org/human_origins.htm ***
What makes people think that somehow they evolved from a monkey (apart from the DNA being similar, which they did not know a century ago)? And why is it that man(kind) has the ability to take care of the world and the animal and plant life? Why cannot a Chimpanzee, who has been evolving longer than us, apparently, now take care of themselves? We can fly into space.... how far has everything else come in a longer period of time. Much longer seeing as they belief is we evolved from something else? Makes no sense to me at all :)
Sure it doesn't. As I told you before, you are not a scholar.

Mankind is different, yes. We are technologically more advanced than any other species ever to exist on Earth.

However: This technological superiority has only asted for the past few thousand years.

Evidence shows man evolving side by side with all kinds of great apes and can be traced back many milions of years ago.

The facts are as such:

Physics, geology, biology, paleontology and even archeology all debunks the Creation account in the Bible.

#129790 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it doesn't. As I told you before, you are not a scholar.
Mankind is different, yes. We are technologically more advanced than any other species ever to exist on Earth.
However: This technological superiority has only asted for the past few thousand years.
Evidence shows man evolving side by side with all kinds of great apes and can be traced back many milions of years ago.
The facts are as such:
Physics, geology, biology, paleontology and even archeology all debunks the Creation account in the Bible.
DNA has never proven anyone to have originated from an ape or a chimp or a fish or anything other than human beings. End of...

#129791 Oct 15, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever.... tell theses scientists they are not scientists, it means jack to me 'cause I simply do not believe you. However, I do think you do believe you, but as we previously posted, ignorance is not an excuse.

#129792 Oct 15, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Your problem is this, the people who portray Odin as a god, portray him as a Norse mythology. Big difference. The God of the Bible is not portrayed as a mythical figure
Odin was at a time being portrayed as a real god. Oddly enough, the evidence for the Biblical god is exactly as much as for Odin, Zeus, Allah or the Flying Spaghetti Monster -Zero
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
You are not being truthful, the atheists and agnostics never address the 300 wiccan gods, Odin and Zeus being to of them. You never confront Kaitlin or Bitner. You only seem concerned about the one God of the Bible, which means that you have doubts about your disbelief concerning only the Biblical God.
Hmmm. I take it you haven't seen me stand up for Christians as well? Al Garcia, Skombolis, Mimi, etc.

Truthfully, I have no beef with any religion.

I have a problem with people trying to overthrow known scientific fact in favour of mythology; I am a crusader against Creationism.

#129793 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he is right.
The consensus in the scientific community is that:
- The universe was created 13.7 billion years ago in an event known as the Big Bang.
- Earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago.
- Life aroused on earth and evolved ever since.
Every accredited university on earth holds this point of view.
The consnsus is overwhelming.
Now, this does NOT mean that any god has been disproved.
The big bang ~ that always cracks me up :)

#129794 Oct 15, 2012
forgot the link to the scientists...

***Many secular and atheist groups mock Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum for not being scientific. However, some of the most influential scientists past and present have been and are creationists (see below).

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/bio... ***

Too many for me to list, but you might want to see who you are accusing of lying and deceit LOL

#129795 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>DNA has never proven anyone to have originated from an ape or a chimp or a fish or anything other than human beings. End of...
You can keep on saying that, but it changes nothing.

Facts are these:

- We have the fossil links proving the ape to man evolution
- We share more than 96% of our DNA with chimps

The overwhelming consensus is that humans and chimps have a common ancestor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 31 min Richardfs 166
God' existence 2 hr polymath257 84
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr serfs up 2,606
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr J RULES 23,239
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 6 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Mikko 1,452
Evidence for God! 6 hr Morse 369
More from around the web