Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
125,141 - 125,160 of 226,397 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129751 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Yes he told me this. No God likes his people to be informed and no it was in 33AD as you must be referring to the false doctrine knoown as the Catholics religion. The church was established on 33AD, you would know this if you have read your bible. Go to Acts and read Acts chapter 1 and 2 and you'll know that you made a mistake in time. cThe catholic church is the second biggest deceiver of mankind, the first is the Quran.
I see hmm, I see you have no idea what happened in 325 AD, and what it specifically means about your precious book and it's contents you hold so close to heart. But as I said religion prefers you to remain oblivious to it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#129752 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
God told you this he did?
God prefers you to stay uninformed he does?
Or did some men in 325 AD decide what you were supposed to read?
Okay now learn the word of the day :)
Remember it , because god wanted you to know.
Biopoiesis
It's a powerful word, it a real word.
It's the real thing baby!

biopoiesis (biological process)-- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/66167/biop...

a process by which living organisms are [thought] to develop from nonliving matter, and the basis of a [theory] on the origin of life on Earth. According to this [theory],...
Two things wrong with this, and they are the words thought and theory, which makes this to be found in the fiction aisle of your nearest bookstore Why not read a book that is non-fiction and can save your soul and help you live a more happier life. Acts 2:38-38 37 Peter’s words pierced their hearts, and they said to him and to the other apostles,“Brothers, what should we do?”

38 Peter replied,“Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#129753 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I see hmm, I see you have no idea what happened in 325 AD, and what it specifically means about your precious book and it's contents you hold so close to heart. But as I said religion prefers you to remain oblivious to it.
God's word is for all to read. It soesn't take a priest to help you understand as the catholic religion would have you to believe that only certain people like there priest, which is false. The Church of Christ started on 33AD . 41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in alL, Acts 2:41

Since: Mar 11

Hurst, TX

#129754 Oct 14, 2012
Because he never heals an amputee or someone born without a limb. Never a single account of God regrowing a limb for someone. Creating the universe? No problem for God! But regrow a limb on someone? Hey let's not get nuts even God has his limitations like iron chariots

God also hates shrimp. Fact.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you say GOD hates amputees?

“Ask me who I am and I”

Since: Sep 12

will tell you the same

#129755 Oct 15, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/8...
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.
Why don't you get your facts straight? from a blog site, skeptics, puhleez, you have no credibility.
But, even your site does not say what you project.
Right here, it says that it is 30% atheists, and 30% I do not know (agnostics). If you followed my blogging, I have pointed out that most atheist scientists soon move into the agnostic category or I do not know. So, if you want to come at me, try to do better than some blog site, without credibility and that does not support your position.

FROM YOUR SITE:
Moving down a step in terms of scientific street cred, there was also a 2007 paper which surveyed 1,646 academic scientists at 21 top universities on their belief in god. Their findings show rates of atheism at about 30% and agnosticism also at 30%, and find that the rates are not dependent on academic discipline; academic scientists in the natural and social sciences have similar rates of atheism.
In contrast to the high rates of atheism among academic professionals, there was a study carried out by The Pew Forum on religious belief in the general population along with several other social factors, including education. 17% of American adults surveyed identified as "unaffiliated" and only 1.6% of the population said that the were atheists and 2.4% agnostic.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#129756 Oct 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Backwards projection. The percentage of atheists among scientists is much higher than the percentage of atheists in the general populace.
What you should have said is that there are no honest informed creationists, a fact that has been demonstrated many times over.
Absolute denial and desperation. Why would I say anything about the percentage of scientists, since your gay bias group never mentions the percentage of gays that are pedophiles compared to the general population. I am still way smarter than Hiding, a fact she has admitted to, on many occasions. It is funny, how convenience always seems to fall in the realm of your desperation.

What you should have said is that all gays are liars and that there are no honest atheists period, a fact that has been demonstrated since the time your gang first tried your flat earth bull.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#129757 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So the feeling of euphoria is spontanous?
Or does something have to cause it?
I think the latter.
When God touched me, I was whatever is opposite of euphoric & at the snap of a finger, I felt content.
it was not imagined. I'm not lying. Have faith.
It's a reaction to a chemical that cells produce as a method of survival, allowing the whole body to relax momentarily reduces the stress on the cell structures thereby allowing them to survive longer, and allowing you to survive longer. This is very basic biochem. The triggers evolved over time, of course that's plainly obvious, if a threat cause the euphoria then that animal would die quite quickly. The cause is simply chemical reactions, nothing more.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#129758 Oct 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because he never heals an amputee or someone born without a limb. Never a single account of God regrowing a limb for someone. Creating the universe? No problem for God! But regrow a limb on someone? Hey let's not get nuts even God has his limitations like iron chariots
<quoted text>
Why should he heal your amputated limb? You don't believe, so you should ask your daddy satan to do your healing. Don't come to my dad's house and ask him for an allowance either.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#129759 Oct 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact? Why do you say GOD hates shrimps?

You think GOD hates amputees because their limbs do not grow back again? Perhaps you are unaware of the nervous system in our limbs..... Do you think GOD hates starving children too?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#129760 Oct 15, 2012
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>Why should he heal your amputated limb? You don't believe, so you should ask your daddy satan to do your healing. Don't come to my dad's house and ask him for an allowance either.
Prove your bullsh*t god or f*ck off it really has been that simple since the dawn of time.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#129761 Oct 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend missing an arm. Pray for it to grow back.
Why should we? You are missing salvation, so pray for your soul to be saved. It is better that your friend goes to heaven with one arm and you join her, than for the two of you to go to hell with all limbs intact. Remember, you are the fish, you don't get to decide.

Location hidden

#129762 Oct 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Fact? Why do you say GOD hates shrimps?
You think GOD hates amputees because their limbs do not grow back again? Perhaps you are unaware of the nervous system in our limbs..... Do you think GOD hates starving children too?
He thinks whatever you hallucinate him to think. That's how mental illnesses work.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#129763 Oct 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a reaction to a chemical that cells produce as a method of survival, allowing the whole body to relax momentarily reduces the stress on the cell structures thereby allowing them to survive longer, and allowing you to survive longer. This is very basic biochem. The triggers evolved over time, of course that's plainly obvious, if a threat cause the euphoria then that animal would die quite quickly. The cause is simply chemical reactions, nothing more.
No citation, just your bull. Your posts are all basic bull. The bull you think you learned was written in a book and delivered by men, flawed and erroneous. You have not tested it or proven, you bull. The Bible is the word of God, it is written as so, in a book written by men. Prove that your mother loves you. If you can not or your mom does not love you then you fail. When you fail to have mother love, then you fail in all aspects of psychological and functional development. So, prove that your mother loves you, or admit that you have no clue about anything you read or heard, from men.(women incl.)

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#129764 Oct 15, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks whatever you hallucinate him to think. That's how mental illnesses work.
Is that what you mom told you, to hallucinate that she loves you. That's how mental illness works, and sadly mostly gays are mentally ill.(no functioning parent love)

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#129765 Oct 15, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove your bullsh*t god or f*ck off it really has been that simple since the dawn of time.
Prove your mom loves you or abort yourself. It really has been that simple since that dawn of your Jurassic rat ancestry.

#129766 Oct 15, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice..... a real Prince Charming in our midst

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

#129767 Oct 15, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you are saying is that gays AIDS and suicide are the result of hallucination. Gotcha. It ain't real.

#129768 Oct 15, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
that's why you believe in atheism.....

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#129769 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>No citation, just your bull. Your posts are all basic bull. The bull you think you learned was written in a book and delivered by men, flawed and erroneous. You have not tested it or proven, you bull. The Bible is the word of God, it is written as so, in a book written by men. Prove that your mother loves you. If you can not or your mom does not love you then you fail. When you fail to have mother love, then you fail in all aspects of psychological and functional development. So, prove that your mother loves you, or admit that you have no clue about anything you read or heard, from men.(women incl.)
Funny, I didn't think I was writing a dissertation, for a second I thought this was a forum posting about general topics ... then I see your attempts at insults and I breathe a sigh of relief. I hate my mother, if she's even still alive for that matter. But here's the thing, I can't prove if she loved me and I don't care to, I am not using a claim to try to force you to live in a specific manner, therefore, the point is moot. When I make laws based on if my mother loved me, or not, then you can ask for such proof, and I would provide or back down.

You are making the claim that some big sky daddy is granting wishes and then attempting to assert that the same sky daddy tells us how to live. So, put up or shut up.

Location hidden

#129770 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>Is that what you mom told you, to hallucinate that she loves you. That's how mental illness works, and sadly mostly gays are mentally ill.(no functioning parent love)
My mom told me to never believe in cr*p without proof. Obviously you were home schooled, or as sane people call it: being brainwashed to sh*t.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 58 min religionislies 58
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Mikko 21,506
The Ultimate Evidence of God 7 hr CunningLinguist 65
The myth of the angry atheist 14 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 15 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 16 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 16 hr CunningLinguist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••