Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#129736 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ~ I got the two of them mixed up LOL
***Hawking: no God behind the Big Bang
UPDATE: Apparently you can now participate in the Times discussion of Hawking’s article, with Richard Dawkins and two Times writers, for free. Go here. Remember, it starts at 9:30 EST, which is ten minutes from this posting.
UPDATE 2: Check out the discussion: Dawkins is making mincemeat of the Times religion editor, who’s bobbing, weaving, and ducking the hard questions. It’s a rout!
_________
So much for physics revealing “the mind of God.” Lest anybody still think that Stephen Hawking is religious, even in a deistic sense, check out his new book, The Grand Design (coauthored with American physicist Leonard Miodinow), available in the US September 7. Here’s part of Hawkings’s precis, taken from the Amazon listing:
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2010/... ****
My apologies!
No worries. I screwed up their names on here once, too.

You have some good information in this post.

:)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#129737 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I have a friend missing an arm. Pray for it to grow back.
Salvation more important than arm. Mark 9: 43-47.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#129738 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What you are is a avid believer , unfortunately however a believer in a bigoted man made book of historical fiction . One that is filled with mythological and supernatural fairy-tales.
Designed to indoctrinate to subjugate put in in line and rule you. So much for your seeing the Ripley's believe it or not parts, you have not only taken the bait you swallowed the hook and are now helplessly a willing member of the bible enslaved my brain club.
There was a day when perhaps men needed this , but that time has passed. You should realize it for what it is , or there would be more talk of equality and more stories of Serah more stories of Mary. But they were women, and the rightful property of men.
Having no rights to share in power or history.
Besides a few of extraordinary circumstance and victim of it.
Look what religion is doing to the world, making us fight each other. It's time to put down your bible and run away from the churches and mosques and synagogs , they are the damnation and destruction of humanity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r6w2M50_XdkXX
Wow! Fantastic vid.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#129739 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did , including the ones King James forgot to put in, like the Book of Enoch, The Testament of Solomon , The Kabbalah
The interpretation of Daniel by Newton
http://ourpropheticbible.org/downloads/7AND62...
And others , but I understand something you do not.
That's nice but God tells you that the bible is complete and no need to cause yourself to be confused, so just stick to what God tells you to. God has said not to sdd or tske swsy from the bible for a reason, that being false doctrone. Don't you think if God wanted this other information in his bible he would've added it to it . Stay away from things like your talking asout and stick to what God wants you to know as he is smarter than you and I. Isaiah 55:8-9
My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

<<

<

=
=

>

>>

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#129740 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
Right.

Medical findings present that, realistically, the foreskin is fraught with some problems that don't indicate a "divine origin".

This is where you can assert that "sin" brought about the problems, not the deity.

Maybe the deity was a little lazy or distracted during that process, among the many others that just didn't work like the deity planned, or...

It's myth, created by ancient peoples trying to explain their place in the world.

A deity myth that is only one among many, and not unique or singular.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129741 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> That's nice but God tells you that the bible is complete and no need to cause yourself to be confused, so just stick to what God tells you to. God has said not to sdd or tske swsy from the bible for a reason, that being false doctrone. Don't you think if God wanted this other information in his bible he would've added it to it . Stay away from things like your talking asout and stick to what God wants you to know as he is smarter than you and I. Isaiah 55:8-9
My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
<<
<
=
=
>
>>

God told you this he did?
God prefers you to stay uninformed he does?
Or did some men in 325 AD decide what you were supposed to read?

Okay now learn the word of the day :)
Remember it , because god wanted you to know.

Biopoiesis

It's a powerful word, it a real word.
It's the real thing baby!

Hurst, TX

#129742 Oct 14, 2012
The same bible that says the earth is flat square and rests on top of four pillars?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The evidence of the Bible foretelling evolution 2,000 years ago.
Look it up, "creation through evolution".
Genesis even talks about Pangea.

Hurst, TX

#129743 Oct 14, 2012
Why does God hate amputees?
Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>SO,NOW YOU ADMIT, that you are Belia or satan. He tried to tell Jesus to do similar things for his amusement. Why don't you read the 3 temptations of Christ by satan, if you wanted to know? Clue, it is found in the New Testament.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#129744 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries. I screwed up their names on here once, too.
You have some good information in this post.
:)
Cheers ~ they have similar names to boot :)

#129745 Oct 14, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think evolution is more befiting a real God than a magic trick with clay figures.
If we believe in our Creator, then we must believe HE is brilliant above and beyond our comprehension as such. We need the nutrients of the earth, we all know that, so why would it be hard to believe that we were created from the earth? More sense than being a relative of a dark ages fishy :)

#129746 Oct 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The same bible that says the earth is flat square and rests on top of four pillars?
<quoted text>
JOB 26:7 7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

#129747 Oct 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Why does God hate amputees?
<quoted text>
Why do you say GOD hates amputees?

Hurst, TX

#129748 Oct 14, 2012
Have you accepted Jesus as your imaginary friend?
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Salvation more important than arm. Mark 9: 43-47.

#129749 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly my point , you became one in your mind.
Now your temple is guarded by an imaginary host , and you a slave to
your imaginary friend. Hitler did the same thing.
Exactly your point? I responded to this point you made or have you already changed your mind?????

"It's time to put down your bible and run away from the churches and mosques and synagogs , they are the damnation and destruction of humanity."

Exactly your point is what??

Location hidden

#129750 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Biopoiesis
Yes he told me this. No God likes his people to be informed and no it was in 33AD as you must be referring to the false doctrine knoown as the Catholics religion. The church was established on 33AD, you would know this if you have read your bible. Go to Acts and read Acts chapter 1 and 2 and you'll know that you made a mistake in time. cThe catholic church is the second biggest deceiver of mankind, the first is the Quran.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129751 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Yes he told me this. No God likes his people to be informed and no it was in 33AD as you must be referring to the false doctrine knoown as the Catholics religion. The church was established on 33AD, you would know this if you have read your bible. Go to Acts and read Acts chapter 1 and 2 and you'll know that you made a mistake in time. cThe catholic church is the second biggest deceiver of mankind, the first is the Quran.
I see hmm, I see you have no idea what happened in 325 AD, and what it specifically means about your precious book and it's contents you hold so close to heart. But as I said religion prefers you to remain oblivious to it.

Location hidden

#129752 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Biopoiesis

biopoiesis (biological process)-- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/66167/biop...

a process by which living organisms are [thought] to develop from nonliving matter, and the basis of a [theory] on the origin of life on Earth. According to this [theory],...
Two things wrong with this, and they are the words thought and theory, which makes this to be found in the fiction aisle of your nearest bookstore Why not read a book that is non-fiction and can save your soul and help you live a more happier life. Acts 2:38-38 37 Peter’s words pierced their hearts, and they said to him and to the other apostles,“Brothers, what should we do?”

38 Peter replied,“Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins

Location hidden

#129753 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I see hmm, I see you have no idea what happened in 325 AD, and what it specifically means about your precious book and it's contents you hold so close to heart. But as I said religion prefers you to remain oblivious to it.
God's word is for all to read. It soesn't take a priest to help you understand as the catholic religion would have you to believe that only certain people like there priest, which is false. The Church of Christ started on 33AD . 41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in alL, Acts 2:41

Hurst, TX

#129754 Oct 14, 2012
Because he never heals an amputee or someone born without a limb. Never a single account of God regrowing a limb for someone. Creating the universe? No problem for God! But regrow a limb on someone? Hey let's not get nuts even God has his limitations like iron chariots

God also hates shrimp. Fact.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you say GOD hates amputees?

“Ask me who I am and I”

Since: Sep 12

will tell you the same

#129755 Oct 15, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/8...
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.
Why don't you get your facts straight? from a blog site, skeptics, puhleez, you have no credibility.
But, even your site does not say what you project.
Right here, it says that it is 30% atheists, and 30% I do not know (agnostics). If you followed my blogging, I have pointed out that most atheist scientists soon move into the agnostic category or I do not know. So, if you want to come at me, try to do better than some blog site, without credibility and that does not support your position.

FROM YOUR SITE:
Moving down a step in terms of scientific street cred, there was also a 2007 paper which surveyed 1,646 academic scientists at 21 top universities on their belief in god. Their findings show rates of atheism at about 30% and agnosticism also at 30%, and find that the rates are not dependent on academic discipline; academic scientists in the natural and social sciences have similar rates of atheism.
In contrast to the high rates of atheism among academic professionals, there was a study carried out by The Pew Forum on religious belief in the general population along with several other social factors, including education. 17% of American adults surveyed identified as "unaffiliated" and only 1.6% of the population said that the were atheists and 2.4% agnostic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 min Richardfs 2,393
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 26 min _Bad Company 157
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 37 min _Bad Company 23,204
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 13 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 23 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... Sun Thinking 3
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Sat Yiago 148
More from around the web