Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129716 Oct 14, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "Richard Hawking"?
Yer, I asked whether or not if she had heard of Steven Hawking and she started prattling on about Richard Hawking instead.(work that one out)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#129717 Oct 14, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this "one true God", Shu?
The Gid who created the heaven and earth Adam and Eve are the one's who had sex and started the beginning of msn snd women being able to reproduce.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#129718 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Richard Hawkings fame is only good to those who believe him, and that's not many. He is famous to the devil for sure. as he is considered by the devil as a true follower whose path we know will eventuslly lead to eternal damnation, such a waste.
Hey dude.

I'm not sure if I have already white-sheeted you.

Sometimes it's hard to remember.

Just in case, let me make sure.

Catcher white sheet is lowered on you.

You no longer exist.

(I do reserve the right to one hahaha, so this may be forthcoming.)

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129719 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> The Gid who created the heaven and earth Adam and Eve are the one's who had sex and started the beginning of msn snd women being able to reproduce.
So it's Ptah then why didn't you say so.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#129720 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> The Gid who created the heaven and earth Adam and Eve are the one's who had sex and started the beginning of msn snd women being able to reproduce.
WTF, I'll use it now.

Say hi to the Gid who created the heaven and earth Adam and Eve and msn snd women.

Hahaha, what a riot.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#129721 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope... God is non existent and Houdini is a dead man.
You can quote me on that.
Have you ever picked up a bible and truly taken the time and studied it like you did in school so you could get an A+ on your test paper. I urge you to pick up the bible and try as you and I know you never have Try rhe King Jame or the New King James or the American Standard or new American Standard or my favorite which is the New Living Translation because of the ease it is to read and absorb the information, give it a try as we are talking about saving your soul from eternal separation from God.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#129722 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Personal experience. Subjective, not objective.
If you are a fan of Collins, then why do you have problems with evolution?
I have no problem with evolution, however I do have a problem believing we are the ancestors of fish or bacteria or alien organisms...

I have no doubts that we are miracles and too miraculous to be the result of some doubtful beginning. But it is not only that, it is the things that have happened also in my life that support and indeed deepen my Faith. The older I get, the more firmly I believe!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129723 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Richard Hawkings fame is only good to those who believe him, and that's not many. He is famous to the devil for sure. as he is considered by the devil as a true follower whose path we know will eventuslly lead to eternal damnation, such a waste.
Yeah Richard Hawking is a cryptozoologist who is searching for flying spaghetti monsters, Invisible unicorns , God and a devilishly attractive female to breed with.

Here listen to this ...you will feel better.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#129724 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to know how much time they think it took for a little or big old fishy to grow eyelashes, eyebrows & ears. Did they do this under water? Did their lungs develop under water - requiring them to breathe air and not suck water through their gills or did they clumsily thrash around on land until they grew legs and arms? Were they hairy eyelashing eyebrowing fishies waiting patiently for their legs to grow so they could walk? How long do they think it took for this hairy fish to walk? What did they eat in the meantime? Have they thought about anything logical??
Makes you wonder why your deity would throw a foreskin into the mix and then have its "chosen people" whack it off.

Eh?

Crazy myths.

#129725 Oct 14, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof.
I have more than plenty... I have been keeping records for years :)

#129726 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What you are is a avid believer , unfortunately however a believer in a bigoted man made book of historical fiction . One that is filled with mythological and supernatural fairy-tales.
Designed to indoctrinate to subjugate put in in line and rule you. So much for your seeing the Ripley's believe it or not parts, you have not only taken the bait you swallowed the hook and are now helplessly a willing member of the bible enslaved my brain club.
There was a day when perhaps men needed this , but that time has passed. You should realize it for what it is , or there would be more talk of equality and more stories of Serah more stories of Mary. But they were women, and the rightful property of men.
Having no rights to share in power or history.
Besides a few of extraordinary circumstance and victim of it.
Look what religion is doing to the world, making us fight each other. It's time to put down your bible and run away from the churches and mosques and synagogs , they are the damnation and destruction of humanity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r6w2M50_XdkXX
Who said I go to Church?

"John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body."

#129727 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins. Richard Dawkins...
Yes. He's brilliant. Off on some things, though.
Sorry ~ I got the two of them mixed up LOL

***Hawking: no God behind the Big Bang

UPDATE: Apparently you can now participate in the Times discussion of Hawking’s article, with Richard Dawkins and two Times writers, for free. Go here. Remember, it starts at 9:30 EST, which is ten minutes from this posting.

UPDATE 2: Check out the discussion: Dawkins is making mincemeat of the Times religion editor, who’s bobbing, weaving, and ducking the hard questions. It’s a rout!

_________

So much for physics revealing “the mind of God.” Lest anybody still think that Stephen Hawking is religious, even in a deistic sense, check out his new book, The Grand Design (coauthored with American physicist Leonard Miodinow), available in the US September 7. Here’s part of Hawkings’s precis, taken from the Amazon listing:

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2010/... ****

My apologies!

#129728 Oct 14, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you wonder why your deity would throw a foreskin into the mix and then have its "chosen people" whack it off.
Eh?
Crazy myths.
http://www.medicinenet.com/circumcision_the_m...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#129729 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with evolution, however I do have a problem believing we are the ancestors of fish or bacteria or alien organisms...
I have no doubts that we are miracles and too miraculous to be the result of some doubtful beginning. But it is not only that, it is the things that have happened also in my life that support and indeed deepen my Faith. The older I get, the more firmly I believe!
You should have plenty of problems believing we are the ancestors of fish or alien organisms. That would involve time travel and space flight to inhabited worlds, none of which have been discovered yet.

I have a friend missing an arm. Pray for it to grow back.

Location hidden

#129730 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Have you ever picked up a bible and truly taken the time and studied it like you did in school so you could get an A+ on your test paper. I urge you to pick up the bible and try as you and I know you never have Try rhe King Jame or the New King James or the American Standard or new American Standard or my favorite which is the New Living Translation because of the ease it is to read and absorb the information, give it a try as we are talking about saving your soul from eternal separation from God.
Actually I did , including the ones King James forgot to put in, like the Book of Enoch, The Testament of Solomon , The Kabbalah
The interpretation of Daniel by Newton

http://ourpropheticbible.org/downloads/7AND62...

And others , but I understand something you do not.

#129731 Oct 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, I'll use it now.
Say hi to the Gid who created the heaven and earth Adam and Eve and msn snd women.
Hahaha, what a riot.
Go have a swim with Uncle Sharky ~ hahaha, what a riot

#129732 Oct 14, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer, I asked whether or not if she had heard of Steven Hawking and she started prattling on about Richard Hawking instead.(work that one out)
Simple ~ both are infamous atheists

#129733 Oct 14, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was an intelligent designer why are there so many mistakes? Why would there even be evolution as everything would be perfectly designed for their environment and there would be no need for change.
Have you compared the incident rates of 'mistakes'? How many are perfectly normal to a degree and now many aren't? Probably the highest statistics of being normal are those that are natural

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#129734 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with evolution, however I do have a problem believing we are the ancestors of fish or bacteria or alien organisms...
I think evolution is more befiting a real God than a magic trick with clay figures.

Location hidden

#129735 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Who said I go to Church?
"John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body."

Exactly my point , you became one in your mind.
Now your temple is guarded by an imaginary host , and you a slave to
your imaginary friend. Hitler did the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 13 min Morse 2,634
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 17 min Morse 182
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 hr Morse 5,963
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 16 hr Morse 23,279
faith & pride 17 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 19 hr _Bad Company 214
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 20 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web