Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#129659 Oct 14, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one of your own socks, VIking.
Your MPD sucks doesn't it ?
Viking? I was just kidding when I claimed to be one of his socks. You suckered in on that quick.....too quick , you idiot.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#129660 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
***Food is not considered junk just because of high fat or sugar content, there is a long list of poisonous chemicals used by the food industry that are striking people down. And there are many serious nutritional deficiencies in today's food that diminish the body's capacity to deal safely with these chemicals and heavy metals -- with magnesium and selenium deficiencies at the top of the list.
For instance, according to Dr. Ellen Silbergeld, a researcher from the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, the poultry industry's practice of using arsenic compounds in its feed is something that has not been studied: "It's an issue everybody is trying to pretend doesn't exist." Arsenic exposure is a risk factor for diabetes mellitus. Inorganic arsenic is considered one of the prominent environmental causes of cancer mortality in the world. Chicken consumption may contribute significant amounts of arsenic to total arsenic exposure of the U.S. population according to the Journal Environmental Health Perspectives.
"Arsenic acts as a growth stimulant in chickens -- develops the meat faster -- and since then, the poultry industry has gone wild using this ingredient," says Donald Herman, a Mississippi agricultural consultant and former Environmental Protection Agency researcher who has studied this use of arsenic for a decade.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/023701_diabetes_fo...
There are lots of problems with today's food, mainly because we are not evolved to eat refined sugars and detoxify industrial pollution. You can't just say "it's not the sugars. It's only the poisons." There's a lot of factors that go into it, including the lack of exercise that animals raised in tightly contained spaces have - that produces the kinds of fats that promote bad cholesterol and arteriosclerosis in your body.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#129661 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..... you are stating that Francis Collins, the scientist who cracked the DNA code as such, is not real? Does not exist? My, my, you might need to modify your statement again LOL
This just in from my state Evangelical Coalition in Minnesota. See how much atheism has corrupted America?

"A poll released by the Gallup Organization in May this year revealed that a majority of Americans (54 percent) believe homosexuality is morally acceptable while 42 percent say it's morally wrong. A decade ago in 2001, 53 percent had viewed homosexuality as morally wrong.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/pastors-chr... "

Atheism: Destroying families, one soul at a time, one sin at a time.

Please folks, wake up and help me in ridding our world of the filth called atheism.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#129662 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I have.... he is hard to miss!!
***A belief that heaven or an afterlife awaits us is a "fairy story" for people afraid of death, Stephen Hawking has said.
In a dismissal that underlines his firm rejection of religious comforts, Britain's most eminent scientist said there was nothing beyond the moment when the brain flickers for the final time.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/may/15... ***
Why would we have to believe someone who could not possibly know many of the things he states? Probably because he mirrors others beliefs and they cling to it.....
Which of these words are your words? Would you mind making that clear at all times? I can see that you are the Copy-Paste type of troll.

Sometimes scientists write from a speculative point of view. They are allowed to comment on their private inclinations, are they not?

I'm kind of impressed, in a negative way, by your lack of understanding in the realm of science.
Atheist Silurist

Gloucester, UK

#129663 Oct 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
This just in from my state Evangelical Coalition in Minnesota. See how much atheism has corrupted America?
"A poll released by the Gallup Organization in May this year revealed that a majority of Americans (54 percent) believe homosexuality is morally acceptable while 42 percent say it's morally wrong. A decade ago in 2001, 53 percent had viewed homosexuality as morally wrong.
Please folks, wake up and help me in ridding our world of the filth called atheism.
So what's this guys excuse?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-poin...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#129664 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. She is dishonest in that she makes insane claims about evolution and biological science. She is misrepresenting her knowledge of both while insisting that she can authoritatively speak about biological science.
That's dishonest.
Serah doesn't know better.

She sincerely believes those claims.

You know they are insane; she doesn't.

She knows nothing of biological science, you know that.

She wants to believe it's all about god. Just like Eagle12.

Religion is powerful stuff, it blinds people to everything contrary to its beliefs.

And those who lack a critical mind are caught in the vortex.

And look, she hasn't even been to Paris.

Long Beach, CA

#129665 Oct 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Hiding?

This is what they're about.

Just different approaches, based on personality.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#129666 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Collins is not a young earth creationist.
Here: "COLLINS: I don't see that Professor Dawkins' basic account of evolution is incompatible with God's having designed it."
and "...God could also have activated evolution, with full knowledge of how it would turn out, perhaps even including our having this conversation."
Collins quite clearly believes in an old universe and has no problem with science whatsoever.
He is not in your camp.
What makes you say you know how old I think the world is? What makes you think I know how long time is in GOD's time? What camp am I in?

#129667 Oct 14, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of these words are your words? Would you mind making that clear at all times? I can see that you are the Copy-Paste type of troll.
Sometimes scientists write from a speculative point of view. They are allowed to comment on their private inclinations, are they not?
I'm kind of impressed, in a negative way, by your lack of understanding in the realm of science.
my words are those before the *** and after the ***.... sorry it was not clear enough for you

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129668 Oct 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Hummm, "Destroying families" that's why I have five kids and 13 grandkids.

#129669 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Collins is not a young earth creationist.
Here: "COLLINS: I don't see that Professor Dawkins' basic account of evolution is incompatible with God's having designed it."
and "...God could also have activated evolution, with full knowledge of how it would turn out, perhaps even including our having this conversation."
Collins quite clearly believes in an old universe and has no problem with science whatsoever.
He is not in your camp.
hahaha; at least you are accepting that he is a creationist scientist (he has a huge team of followers (scientist) that you might want check out...

Your atheism requires more faith than my belief, you are defending it mightily :)

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129670 Oct 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Hiding?
This is what they're about.
Just different approaches, based on personality.
And nothing based on reality.

#129671 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of problems with today's food, mainly because we are not evolved to eat refined sugars and detoxify industrial pollution. You can't just say "it's not the sugars. It's only the poisons." There's a lot of factors that go into it, including the lack of exercise that animals raised in tightly contained spaces have - that produces the kinds of fats that promote bad cholesterol and arteriosclerosis in your body.
Yes; being extremely allergic to many additives and chemicals, including some plastics, makes one very aware of what causes the reactions. Information on the numbers in the ingredients listing on food labeling is easy enough to find, but most people don't really bother, they have faith in those that are making the chemicals and they have faith in those that have legalised it.

If you look at the list of ingredients in the chemicals on sites that give you the info, they will give you the maximum level per item allowed, so that you know how much producers can use, as a maximum.

There is no warning on labels that certain additives have restricted levels as set by the *** http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumerinfor... *** so most people do not know that they should limit their intake to the maximum level per item consumed, because that is not the responsibility of the Board or the Supplier; that responsibility lies with the Consumer. Problem is, most Consumers' don't know that they should know what these numbered codes mean to their health....

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129672 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha; at least you are accepting that he is a creationist scientist (he has a huge team of followers (scientist) that you might want check out...
Your atheism requires more faith than my belief, you are defending it mightily :)
You never responded to:-
Let me ask you some questions, there are 30,000+ gods, 32,000 christian sects and 4 billion Hindi gods so:-

1. Which god do you pray to and why?
2. How much reseach did you do to select your god?
3. Why do you think you are right?

and

Who is Richard Hawking?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129673 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha; at least you are accepting that he is a creationist scientist (he has a huge team of followers (scientist) that you might want check out...
An ant mound would seem large to an ant.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
No we just don't like BS.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#129674 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you say you know how old I think the world is? What makes you think I know how long time is in GOD's time? What camp am I in?
We know how old the earth is based on all kinds of evidence.

Well, you've been declaring yourself for creationism and have been anti-science on here. That generally means a young earth creationist. The old earth creationists, especially the ones who accept science's very good estimation of the ages of the universe and earth, also accept evolution.

But you're welcome to tell me what you believe and you're invited to produce any kind of evidence for that belief.

Long Beach, CA

#129675 Oct 14, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
And nothing based on reality.
13 grandchildren?

Now that's some kind of reality!!

What's the age range?

Long Beach, CA

#129676 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes; being extremely allergic to many additives and chemicals, including some plastics, makes one very aware of what causes the reactions. Information on the numbers in the ingredients listing on food labeling is easy enough to find, but most people don't really bother, they have faith in those that are making the chemicals and they have faith in those that have legalised it.
If you look at the list of ingredients in the chemicals on sites that give you the info, they will give you the maximum level per item allowed, so that you know how much producers can use, as a maximum.
There is no warning on labels that certain additives have restricted levels as set by the *** http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumerinfor... *** so most people do not know that they should limit their intake to the maximum level per item consumed, because that is not the responsibility of the Board or the Supplier; that responsibility lies with the Consumer. Problem is, most Consumers' don't know that they should know what these numbered codes mean to their health....
Bad god.

Created allergies.

What's up with that?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#129677 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
He's only a creationist in the sense that he believes a deity created the universe with foreknowledge of what would happen. He wrote a book on evolution and calls people - like yourself - who don't believe in evolution "uneducated." His words. I agree with him on that point.

But I disagree on the others. His belief is an inference. It's not supportable by evidence, but by personal experience interpreted through culture.

For one thing, if you assume that the Christian god created the universe, you have to explain:

1. why that god and not some other one?
2. how is God moral when He Created an evolutionary process that produced parasites that cause immense suffering among human children?

Collins didn't answer those questions. He's not capable of answering those questions - but you're welcome to give it a go.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#129678 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>you are so far in denial that you won't consider what others are considering!!
***There is a God, leading atheist concludes
Sarah, now tell the truth. You were not allowed to be near your children for how long? Why was that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min NoahLovesU 4,821
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 min Patrick n Angela 6,035
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 11 min Patrick n Angela 3,037
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 31 min NoahLovesU 16,726
The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr polymath257 772
Is Religion Childish? 9 hr Thinking 142
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response 19 hr thetruth 6
More from around the web