Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,253)

Showing posts 125,041 - 125,060 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you really ever heard of Stephen Hawking?
Derp.
Of course I have.... he is hard to miss!!

***A belief that heaven or an afterlife awaits us is a "fairy story" for people afraid of death, Stephen Hawking has said.

In a dismissal that underlines his firm rejection of religious comforts, Britain's most eminent scientist said there was nothing beyond the moment when the brain flickers for the final time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/may/15... ***

Why would we have to believe someone who could not possibly know many of the things he states? Probably because he mirrors others beliefs and they cling to it.....

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Serah wrote:
I love Hawking's excellent statement here;
" Physicists are working on the Big Bang, and one day they may or may not solve it. "
Funny how people have so much faith in one who has no faith in his own belief!
They may or may not solve it!! BRILLIANT deduction
First, that was Richard Dawkins you're quoting.

Secondly, atheists do not have "faith". If at any time an atheist were to use the word "faith" or "belief" concerning themselves, invariably, the words "trust" or "think" would be more appropriate.

Your last comment is simply embarrassing.
Atheist Silurist

Neath, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Martina Navratilover wrote:
<quoted text>I am quite totally awesome,thank you much. Clearly. You were told "god didn't do it" and that's as far as you got. You've accepted a fiction, intellectual laziness and built your entire understanding of the world on science fiction.
Totally worthless.
The religious mindset is to reject anything the is seen to conflict with their preferred book of myths and fables. No amount of evidence will convince them something they don't want to believe. There is a name for this kind of thinking, it's called wilful ignorance or religious faith.
There is mountains of evidence the earth is billions of years old,but there are millions of people that believe the retarded notion that it is less than 10 thousand years old. What can be causing this kind of disjointed thinking? it seems to come exclusively from the religiously afflicted.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I'm stunned at their idiocy. They're a discredit to the research institution that produced them.
But thanks for showing me that list.
Let me modify my statement to "No research scientist could be a creationist."
LOL..... you are stating that Francis Collins, the scientist who cracked the DNA code as such, is not real? Does not exist? My, my, you might need to modify your statement again LOL

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Serah is not dishonest.
Her ignorance is such, that she is unable to think for herself.
It will sound cruel, I know, but I wonder how she can even take care of her daily needs without assistance.
I disagree. She is dishonest in that she makes insane claims about evolution and biological science. She is misrepresenting her knowledge of both while insisting that she can authoritatively speak about biological science.

That's dishonest.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah, have you been to Paris?
No, I haven't

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
My lack of your "god did it" produces new knowledge and technology.
like what?

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ever looked at the debate between Francis Collins and Richard Hawking?
http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/4047
***Since Francis Collins has now been selected by Obama to head the NIH, we thought readers might be interested to read this debate between Richard Dawkins and Francis Collins from November 2006.- Josh
a little extract...
***DAWKINS: Physicists are working on the Big Bang, and one day they may or may not solve it. However, what Dr. Collins has just been--may I call you Francis?
COLLINS: Oh, please, Richard, do so.
DAWKINS: What Francis was just saying about Genesis was, of course, a little private quarrel between him and his Fundamentalist colleagues ...
COLLINS: It's not so private. It's rather public.[Laughs.]
DAWKINS:... It would be unseemly for me to enter in except to suggest that he'd save himself an awful lot of trouble if he just simply ceased to give them the time of day. Why bother with these clowns?
COLLINS: Richard, I think we don't do a service to dialogue between science and faith to characterize sincere people by calling them names. That inspires an even more dug-in position. Atheists sometimes come across as a bit arrogant in this regard, and characterizing faith as something only an idiot would attach themselves to is not likely to help your case.
TIME: Dr. Collins, the Resurrection is an essential argument of Christian faith, but doesn't it, along with the virgin birth and lesser miracles, fatally undermine the scientific method, which depends on the constancy of natural laws?
COLLINS: If you're willing to answer yes to a God outside of nature, then there's nothing inconsistent with God on rare occasions choosing to invade the natural world in a way that appears miraculous. If God made the natural laws, why could he not violate them when it was a particularly significant moment for him to do so? And if you accept the idea that Christ was also divine, which I do, then his Resurrection is not in itself a great logical leap.
TIME: Doesn't the very notion of miracles throw off science?
COLLINS: Not at all. If you are in the camp I am, one place where science and faith could touch each other is in the investigation of supposedly miraculous events.
DAWKINS: If ever there was a slamming of the door in the face of constructive investigation, it is the word miracle. To a medieval peasant, a radio would have seemed like a miracle. All kinds of things may happen which we by the lights of today's science would classify as a miracle just as medieval science might a Boeing 747. Francis keeps saying things like "From the perspective of a believer." Once you buy into the position of faith, then suddenly you find yourself losing all of your natural skepticism and your scientific--really scientific--credibility. I'm sorry to be so blunt.
COLLINS: Richard, I actually agree with the first part of what you said. But I would challenge the statement that my scientific instincts are any less rigorous than yours. The difference is that my presumption of the possibility of God and therefore the supernatural is not zero, and yours is.****
Yep, in answer to your question, I have heard of Stephen Hawking
If you read the debate, you'd understand his name is Dawkins.

Did you actually read the debate???

I don't think you did. Collins does not support your strange views of evolution - he wrote a book on evolution. And in it, he called people like you "uneducated."

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Insults and rudeness to cover your lack of knowledge? Too bad, it shows your intelligence level right off the mark, and not having met you before, I can wonder how you know I am not dishonest? I might be the biggest flipping liar alive for all you know!!
Your ignorance is astounding
Do you know what an irony meter is?

You owe me one.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..... you are stating that Francis Collins, the scientist who cracked the DNA code as such, is not real? Does not exist? My, my, you might need to modify your statement again LOL
Collins is not a young earth creationist.

Here: "COLLINS: I don't see that Professor Dawkins' basic account of evolution is incompatible with God's having designed it."

and "...God could also have activated evolution, with full knowledge of how it would turn out, perhaps even including our having this conversation."

Collins quite clearly believes in an old universe and has no problem with science whatsoever.

He is not in your camp.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one of your own socks, VIking.
Your MPD sucks doesn't it ?
Viking? I was just kidding when I claimed to be one of his socks. You suckered in on that quick.....too quick , you idiot.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Serah wrote:
***Food is not considered junk just because of high fat or sugar content, there is a long list of poisonous chemicals used by the food industry that are striking people down. And there are many serious nutritional deficiencies in today's food that diminish the body's capacity to deal safely with these chemicals and heavy metals -- with magnesium and selenium deficiencies at the top of the list.
For instance, according to Dr. Ellen Silbergeld, a researcher from the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, the poultry industry's practice of using arsenic compounds in its feed is something that has not been studied: "It's an issue everybody is trying to pretend doesn't exist." Arsenic exposure is a risk factor for diabetes mellitus. Inorganic arsenic is considered one of the prominent environmental causes of cancer mortality in the world. Chicken consumption may contribute significant amounts of arsenic to total arsenic exposure of the U.S. population according to the Journal Environmental Health Perspectives.
"Arsenic acts as a growth stimulant in chickens -- develops the meat faster -- and since then, the poultry industry has gone wild using this ingredient," says Donald Herman, a Mississippi agricultural consultant and former Environmental Protection Agency researcher who has studied this use of arsenic for a decade.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/023701_diabetes_fo...
There are lots of problems with today's food, mainly because we are not evolved to eat refined sugars and detoxify industrial pollution. You can't just say "it's not the sugars. It's only the poisons." There's a lot of factors that go into it, including the lack of exercise that animals raised in tightly contained spaces have - that produces the kinds of fats that promote bad cholesterol and arteriosclerosis in your body.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..... you are stating that Francis Collins, the scientist who cracked the DNA code as such, is not real? Does not exist? My, my, you might need to modify your statement again LOL
This just in from my state Evangelical Coalition in Minnesota. See how much atheism has corrupted America?

"A poll released by the Gallup Organization in May this year revealed that a majority of Americans (54 percent) believe homosexuality is morally acceptable while 42 percent say it's morally wrong. A decade ago in 2001, 53 percent had viewed homosexuality as morally wrong.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/pastors-chr... "

Atheism: Destroying families, one soul at a time, one sin at a time.

Please folks, wake up and help me in ridding our world of the filth called atheism.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I have.... he is hard to miss!!
***A belief that heaven or an afterlife awaits us is a "fairy story" for people afraid of death, Stephen Hawking has said.
In a dismissal that underlines his firm rejection of religious comforts, Britain's most eminent scientist said there was nothing beyond the moment when the brain flickers for the final time.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/may/15... ***
Why would we have to believe someone who could not possibly know many of the things he states? Probably because he mirrors others beliefs and they cling to it.....
Which of these words are your words? Would you mind making that clear at all times? I can see that you are the Copy-Paste type of troll.

Sometimes scientists write from a speculative point of view. They are allowed to comment on their private inclinations, are they not?

I'm kind of impressed, in a negative way, by your lack of understanding in the realm of science.
Atheist Silurist

Neath, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
This just in from my state Evangelical Coalition in Minnesota. See how much atheism has corrupted America?
"A poll released by the Gallup Organization in May this year revealed that a majority of Americans (54 percent) believe homosexuality is morally acceptable while 42 percent say it's morally wrong. A decade ago in 2001, 53 percent had viewed homosexuality as morally wrong.
Please folks, wake up and help me in ridding our world of the filth called atheism.
So what's this guys excuse?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-poin...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. She is dishonest in that she makes insane claims about evolution and biological science. She is misrepresenting her knowledge of both while insisting that she can authoritatively speak about biological science.
That's dishonest.
Serah doesn't know better.

She sincerely believes those claims.

You know they are insane; she doesn't.

She knows nothing of biological science, you know that.

She wants to believe it's all about god. Just like Eagle12.

Religion is powerful stuff, it blinds people to everything contrary to its beliefs.

And those who lack a critical mind are caught in the vortex.

And look, she hasn't even been to Paris.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Hiding?

This is what they're about.

Just different approaches, based on personality.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Collins is not a young earth creationist.
Here: "COLLINS: I don't see that Professor Dawkins' basic account of evolution is incompatible with God's having designed it."
and "...God could also have activated evolution, with full knowledge of how it would turn out, perhaps even including our having this conversation."
Collins quite clearly believes in an old universe and has no problem with science whatsoever.
He is not in your camp.
What makes you say you know how old I think the world is? What makes you think I know how long time is in GOD's time? What camp am I in?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of these words are your words? Would you mind making that clear at all times? I can see that you are the Copy-Paste type of troll.
Sometimes scientists write from a speculative point of view. They are allowed to comment on their private inclinations, are they not?
I'm kind of impressed, in a negative way, by your lack of understanding in the realm of science.
my words are those before the *** and after the ***.... sorry it was not clear enough for you

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Hummm, "Destroying families" that's why I have five kids and 13 grandkids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 125,041 - 125,060 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••