Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
125,001 - 125,020 of 224,062 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>you might be the relative of a monkey or a large bald fishy trying to sprout hair, but don't shove your delight onto us.... we are very happy being the ancestors of people. your DNA must be way out of whack to think you came from a fishy donchathink?
You might feel more at home with the other rocks in the geology thread.

"I didn't come from sediment! I've always been a rock!"

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do godbots have to lie all the time:-
1. I said "godbots" and "creationists" but you want to extend that to all religious people.
2. Einstein made his comments long before COBE.
3. Oh gee! one scientist became a theist. How many are leaving religion?
The tone of your post sets you as just another bibull thumping godbot who thinks they can convert atheists into godbots.
You will complain that people don't respect you and yours is the one true god.
BTW Why is it you godbots can not find a quote from a current Physicist to support you pathetic claims? Why do you always have go back 100+ years to find a statement?
Oh! that's right because COBE blew you guys right out of the water.
Let me ask you some questions, there are 30,000+ gods, 32,000 christian sects and 4 billion Hindi gods so:-
1. Which god do you pray to and why?
2. How much reseach did you do to select your god?
3. Why do you think you are right?
Thank you for considering me a GODbot...

One Scientist became a theist? One? LOL.... come back when you have read up on the topic and you might sound a bit like you know what you are talking about...

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
Why do you think scientists don't believe in GOD? Tell the scientists that do believe in GOD that you think they are lying and debate it with them, but don't discriminate and accuse others of discrimination, that is very hypocritical
Urban Dictionary: hypocrite
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
(1) A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for.(2) A person who professes certain ideals, but fails to live up to them.
1. I didn't say that no scientist believes in God.

2. I said the reason RR can't understand science is b/c of his inability to understand what subjective versus objective reality is.

Some Christians are scientists. But no creationists are scientists. It's impossible to be that ignorant and dishonest while remaining a scientist.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>you are the one who lazily accepts what you were told.... and GOD did what? Why am I so happy with that answer that I won't research?
Hardly. You were told "god did it" and that's as far as you got. You've accepted a fiction, intellectual laziness and built your entire understanding of the world on it.
Totally worthless.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do godbots have to lie all the time?
Because that's all they can handle. Honest knowledge and study is too hard for them. They'd rather just deceive themselves and others through intellectual dishonesty than actually have to learn something.

They really are like parasites - enjoying all of the benefits of science while failing to understand even the slightest bit of it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So do the research. Build a hypothesis and start testing. To answer your questions, we need to go about it two ways: fossils or a better understanding of genetics.
Eyebrows didn't appear until hair evolved and that was with the first mammals. So quite a bit after fish. You can learn more here:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/...
This article discusses the evolution of the neck joints. If you could understand it, you'd understand why complex traits take a long time to evolve: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/...
Lungs evolved to deal with air. It took a very long time. The mistake you're making is to jump over tons of steps. You're are falsely equating "growth" with evolution. Lungs didn't pop into existence over night - they were selected for one mutation at a time.
Here is an abstract of research into how lungs evolved:
http://icb.oxfordjournals.org/content/28/2/73...
But we both know you don't care for the answers. The questions you ask demonstrates you having got any background in biological science. It's all quite nonsense to you.
So you parade your ignorance as support for your strange religion, compounding argument fallacy upon argument fallacy.
This is why there's no such thing as a "creationist scientist."
Tell these Scientists they don't exist lol.... what a crack up this forum is!!

*** http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/CMI_list_of_scie...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
2. I said the reason RR can't understand science is b/c of his inability to understand what subjective versus objective reality is.
Some Christians are scientists. But no creationists are scientists. It's impossible to be that ignorant and dishonest while remaining a scientist.
Your words...

"This is why there's no such thing as a "creationist scientist."

Err, a statement saying no such thing means no such thing, does it not?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. You were told "god did it" and that's as far as you got. You've accepted a fiction, intellectual laziness and built your entire understanding of the world on it.
Totally worthless.
in your eyes, but in my eyes, your statements are totally worthless... and very very lazy indeed

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I think they stopped reading about science in school.....
Boy are you going to be in for a surprise most of us here have Bsc and Phds in Biology, Math and Physics.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen the size of the list of scientists who believe in Creation?

Oh wait, you might not know what Creationist means...

***cre·a·tion·ism
&#8194; &#8194;[kree-ey-shuh-niz-u hm] Show IPA
noun
the doctrine that matter and all things were created, substantially as they now exist, by an omnipotent Creator, and not gradually evolved or developed.
( sometimes initial capital letter ) the doctrine that the true story of the creation of the universe is as it is recounted in the Bible, especially in the first chapter of Genesis.
the doctrine that God immediately creates out of nothing a new human soul for each individual born.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/creati... ****

You calling all of them dishonest? What about Francis Collins; calling him dishonest too? LOL......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's all they can handle. Honest knowledge and study is too hard for them. They'd rather just deceive themselves and others through intellectual dishonesty than actually have to learn something.
They really are like parasites - enjoying all of the benefits of science while failing to understand even the slightest bit of it.
Getting any benefits of scientists?

Cola Component - May damages DNA - Cervical Spondylosis
www.cervical-spondylosis.com/cola.htm - United States
Research shows that E211 can switch off vital parts of DNA, causing serious damage to cells. Laboratory tests suggest this could even result in degenerative ...
Light Switcher: E211 additive switches off parts of DNA
lightswitcher.blogspot.com/.../e211-additive-... ...
28 May 2007 – E211 additive switches off parts of DNA. This weekend The Independent newspaper reported on a recent soft drinks research, which reveal...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Serah wrote:
Seen the size of the list of scientists who believe in Creation?
Seen the size of the list of scientists in Project Steve, and what the size of that list translates into when extrapolated to scientists of any name?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who is seriously engaged in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men,.....
No, ever heard of Stephen Hawking?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you going to be in for a surprise most of us here have Bsc and Phds in Biology, Math and Physics.
No I'm not, but just because I believe in GOD does not mean I do not study or am lazy. People don't mind tossing out the insults but for some reason, hate getting the same words back!!

And at least you would be aware of scientists who believe in our Creator, wouldn't you?

“Ask me who I am and I”

Since: Sep 12

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Such evil and hate.

They will say:

satan: how much did you do for my cause?
unbeliever: I did not believe. I was fooled.
satan: yes, you were a fool.
unbeliever: well, since I was fooled, can I leave?
satan: nope, I did my job, you did not do yours.
atheist: well, I denied there was a God, do I get a reward.
satan: you are a bigger fool. All that evidence, angels whispering in your ears. Your dying grandmother telling you that their is a God, but you wanted this. Sucker.
science Hiding: Ha, you are not real. This is a dream. There is no scientific causation for it. Can't be.
satan: yeah, and your burning butt is not real, but your screaming and pain is very much real.
gay lesbo: Well, I was gay and ruined my family and children's lives. I ignored all scriptures, promoted suicide and AIDS among gays, by not letting them know there was a way out.
satan: you did good, your reward is hell fire and eternal damnation.
gay lesbo: how is that a reward, it is the same as the rest.
satan: how many times were you told by good loving Christians, like Martina, that this was your reward.

unbeliever: damn
atheist: damn
science lesbo: damn
gay lesbo: damn
satan: yes, you are.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot them again, not that it matters. They were surely true.
I hate boxing with shadows.
You suffer convenient memory lapses when you've been busted.

I'm going to let it go; my road travels along higher ground than yours.

But be more careful in the future.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

IGNORANCE :

Many children in the 1960's, like the kindergartner pictured above, were born with phocomelia as a side effect of the drug thalidomide, resulting in the shortening or absence of limbs.(Photo by Leonard McCombe//Time Life Pictures/Getty Images)

In a post-war era when sleeplessness was prevalent, thalidomide was marketed to a world hooked on tranquilizers and sleeping pills. At the time, one out of seven Americans took them regularly. The demand for sedatives was even higher in some European markets, and the presumed safety of thalidomide, the only non-barbiturate sedative known at the time, gave the drug massive appeal. Sadly, tragedy followed its release, catalyzing the beginnings of the rigorous drug approval and monitoring systems in place at the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today.

Thalidomide first entered the German market in 1957 as an over-the-counter remedy, based on the maker’s safety claims. They advertised their product as “completely safe” for everyone, including mother and child,“even during pregnancy,” as its developers “could not find a dose high enough to kill a rat.” By 1960, thalidomide was marketed in 46 countries, with sales nearly matching those of aspirin.

Around this time, Australian obstetrician Dr. William McBride discovered that the drug also alleviated morning sickness. He started recommending this off-label use of the drug to his pregnant patients, setting a worldwide trend. Prescribing drugs for off-label purposes, or purposes other than those for which the drug was approved, is still a common practice in many countries today, including the U.S. In many cases, these off-label prescriptions are very effective, such as prescribing depression medication to treat chronic pain.

However, this practice can also lead to a more prevalent occurrence of unanticipated, and often serious, adverse drug reactions. In 1961, McBride began to associate this so-called harmless compound with severe birth defects in the babies he delivered. The drug interfered with the babies' normal development, causing many of them to be born with phocomelia, resulting in shortened, absent, or flipper-like limbs. A German newspaper soon reported 161 babies were adversely affected by thalidomide, leading the makers of the drug—who had ignored reports of the birth defects associated with the it—to finally stop distribution within Germany. Other countries followed suit and, by March of 1962, the drug was banned in most countries where it was previously sold.

http://scienceinsociety.northwestern.edu/cont... ***

Is no excuse, is it?

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words...
"This is why there's no such thing as a "creationist scientist."
Err, a statement saying no such thing means no such thing, does it not?
Be careful and I am serious....Hiding, Happy Lesbo, Kittenkoder and boooots are stalkers....real life and they target christian females online and off. Ask a poster named Pattycake aka yellodog.

Hiding is one of the worse, filled with evil. So much that she has a goal of working to tear ever church, even if she has to burn them down. Her words.

They are dangerous, but they fear intellect and resolve. Hiding is mental unstable, if you pay attention to how she responds to abuse issues and accuses others of it, you will see. That and her being a lesbian, with male, daddy and God hating issues are clear signs.

...Be careful...if she focuses on you, pay attention to how her horns come out because wiccans are witches.

“Ask me who I am and I”

will tell you the same

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm not, but just because I believe in GOD does not mean I do not study or am lazy. People don't mind tossing out the insults but for some reason, hate getting the same words back!!
And at least you would be aware of scientists who believe in our Creator, wouldn't you?
Good for you.....don't back down, they are Internet cowards.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
But Serah is not dishonest.

Her ignorance is such, that she is unable to think for herself.

It will sound cruel, I know, but I wonder how she can even take care of her daily needs without assistance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 10 min Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 20 min religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 22 min religionisillness 361
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Magyar 101 21,383
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 5 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 5 hr Patrick 3
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••