Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,245)

Showing posts 124,881 - 124,900 of223,061
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! You finally got it! The key word here is "generation."
Woohoo, hero cookie for you!
<quoted text>
Yes, Dave, you're dead on.
Here's a test of your evo knowledge: where is the greatest selection pressure in humans in this contemporary world you have described?
woo hoo

You didn't say a damned thing.

A generation is the individual.

What do you mean by selection pressure?

You will have failures occurring mostly in the more "intelligent" and "educated" niches, primarily because of mental conditions brought on by those chemicals in food and medicines, and excess EM, such as cellphone usage, the education and the resultant affluence to afford those things. They will breed in lesser numbers, and are dependent on the greater mass of people. They tend to run in herds, so follow fads and such more quickly.

Basic people will be the survivors. They will suffer cancers and chemical injuries, but will tend to breed anyhow.
Imhotep

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Islam makes very large claims for itself.

In its art, there is a prejudice against representing the human form at all.

The prohibition on picturing the prophet, who was only another male, is apparently absolute.

So is the prohibition on pork or alcohol or, in some Muslim societies, music or dancing.

Very well then, let a good Muslim abstain rigorously from all these.

But if he claims the right to make me abstain as well, he offers the clearest possible warning and proof of an aggressive intent.

The Bible contains a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured humans.

I reject any 'faith' that contradicts scientific fact and outrages reason.
Irony Meter

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you boooots. I always have. From the moment I thought you were a 12 year old boy to now. That's why I stalk you endlessly. Why I cannot spell or write well in your presence. I ... I get all goosebumpy and tremble.
Al! It's true. I, Hidingfromyou, the poster who has used aliases such as Happy Lesbo and Kaitlin, G_O_D and others, am stalking you. It's because I must have you. I am a satanist and the devil told me you were mine.
Now, that trips the irony meter.
Hidingfromyou

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>which basically means that since the abundance of what you have been fed has been refuted, all you have are ad hominem attacks.
I love you. I know you are not 10, the way that I like it, but still. From the day, the you bested me and corrected me, I have been lusting after you. I have hoped that you would see me as worthy. I know that I am stupid, illiterate and can't write worth dog poop but please give me a chance. I will try to be nice, I will try to act like a lady, I will try to be a human being and be respectful. Please, just don't be too harsh and think that I can not change. It is my dad's fault. He made me feel insecure and unworthy, so now I am here trying to get all the men to like me. I want you baby GK, I will even pay you. Honest, all I have is $5k, but I will get more, some how I will pay your $5k a month for life. Just one night in Roxbury and you can make the night go long.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2012/10/07/ti...

High in the mountains.

Considering how advanced they were in cutting, moving and erecting big stones like that in astronomical alignments, why did their science not advance to our level?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2012/10/08/fi...

On gravity and stars, and how unlikely.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

"In reality, as Electric Universe theorist Wal Thornhill points out, stars reside within plasma sheaths perhaps as great as a light-day in extent. They are the borders between theelectrical influence of the stars and the currents flowing through the galaxy.

ďThe Sunís plasma sheath, or Ďheliosphereí is about 100 times more distant than the Earth is from the Sun. To give an idea of the immensity of the heliosphere, all of the stars in the Milky Way could fit inside a sphere encompassed by the orbit of Pluto. The Sunís heliosphere could accommodate the stars from 8 Milky Ways! It is clear from the behavior of its relatively cool photosphere that the Sun is an anode, or positively charged electrode, in a galactic discharge.Ē"

Break free of your religious training, oh scientific atheists.

The Creator has you in the circuitry. Maybe even has an eye on you.

EM.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Dave is posting links from his Monster&Aliens website again.

8(

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never lived in Centralia.
I live in the city where Abe Lincoln started his political career.
A city that was once the State Capitol of Illinois.
So if you canít figure that out with all these clues, you are the dumb sh**.
First of all, you fu[king dumbass; I said that Centralia is the place where you lived when you went by rlbj and I that could meet you there. Where is Centralia? In the southern part of the state; right? Then you fu[king dumbass came back with, "I said that I live in the southern part of the state." Fu[king Duh!!!

Now you want to claim that you live in Vandalia, which is only 32 miles south of Centralia. OK, I'll meet you there; not a problem. After traveling 500 miles, 32 one way or the other is not a problem.

“Deities do not exist.”

Since: Mar 11

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
woo hoo
You will have failures occurring mostly in the more "intelligent" and "educated" niches, primarily because of mental conditions brought on by those chemicals in food and medicines, and excess EM, such as cellphone usage, the education and the resultant affluence to afford those things. They will breed in lesser numbers, and are dependent on the greater mass of people. They tend to run in herds, so follow fads and such more quickly.
Basic people will be the survivors. They will suffer cancers and chemical injuries, but will tend to breed anyhow.
What was I supposed to say? You wanted to conjecture. Go right ahead.

I asked "what part of humanity is under selection pressure?" By selection pressure, I mean where people are so stressed, biologically, perhaps because of social factors, that they cannot reproduce. Or that reproduction is very difficult and only a few can. If you find this zone, in any species, that is where evolution is taking place, where genes (in individuals) are actively being removed - "selected against."

Criticism:

- Are the wealthy actually less able to have children?

- You're "tend to run in herds" is kind of silly. Humans are a social species who, basically, don't mind "gene flow" with any other human group, given the opportunity.

- Uh...your "excess EM" is too vague. Do you have any idea how it can affect the human body?

I do
:p
:P

“Deities do not exist.”

Since: Mar 11

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
"In reality, as Electric Universe theorist Wal Thornhill points out, stars reside within plasma sheaths perhaps as great as a light-day in extent. They are the borders between theelectrical influence of the stars and the currents flowing through the galaxy.
ďThe Sunís plasma sheath, or Ďheliosphereí is about 100 times more distant than the Earth is from the Sun. To give an idea of the immensity of the heliosphere, all of the stars in the Milky Way could fit inside a sphere encompassed by the orbit of Pluto. The Sunís heliosphere could accommodate the stars from 8 Milky Ways! It is clear from the behavior of its relatively cool photosphere that the Sun is an anode, or positively charged electrode, in a galactic discharge.Ē"
Break free of your religious training, oh scientific atheists.
The Creator has you in the circuitry. Maybe even has an eye on you.
EM.
Yeah. We can dismiss that guy for not having produced a testable model. He just made stuff up - kind of like you do.

:)

I can see why you like him.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The horshoe crab along with many creatures, have not changed because their environment has not changed to the point they needed to.
Eagle loves him some horseshoe crab. You can be sure that every ten pages or so eagle will start talking about horseshoe crabs, no matter how many times he has been told that those creationist websites he visits are not reliable sources for criticism of evolutionary theory.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Based on anti supernatural agenda.
Every time you say this, a little part of me dies inside. What in the world is an anti-supernatural bias? Is it related to the anti-unicorn bias? Or the anti-FSM bias?

Most people are not biased against the supernatural, they simply do not consider it because there is not a shred of evidence for the supernatural. Do you consider yourself anti-leprechaun? No, you don't, because belief in leprechauns is so absurd that it would be even more absurd to be actively against leprechaun belief. Understand?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>1)It is all speculation. Never observed.

2)If they assume Christ did not resurrect then they are wrong.

3)They will go to absurd extremes to explain it all absent intelligence. It all happened naturally. They are agenda driven and dogmatic.
1) You demand that for us to accept naturalistic explanations for the universe, that we must literally, physically observe every single event for which we are making a claim. Why don't you apply these same ridiculous standards to your own beliefs?

2) Oh, wait, that's why. You automatically and categorically rule out any opinion or statement of fact if it does not first acknowledge the "truth" of your beliefs. That is a horribly ignorant way to think.

3) This is yet another shining example of the lengths you go to trick yourself into belief. Sad.
Black Thunder 42

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>I love you. I know you are not 10, the way that I like it, but still. From the day, the day that you bested me and corrected me, I have been lusting after you. I have hoped that you would see me as worthy. I know that I am stupid, illiterate and can't write worth dog poop but please give me a chance. I will try to be nice, I will try to act like a lady, I will try to be a human being and be respectful. Please, just don't be too harsh and think that I can not change. It is my dad's fault. He made me feel insecure and unworthy, so now I am here trying to get all the men to like me. I want your baby GK, I will even pay you. Honest, all I have is $5k, but I will get more, some how I will pay your $5k a month for life. Just one night in Roxbury and you can make the night go long.
So, Hiding has a love crush of Gatekeeper. Well, confession time, I have a gay prison crush on boooots. He just bores me into deep sexual feelings.
River Tam

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
- You're "tend to run in herds" is kind of silly.
LOl- your "tend to run in herds"......... You're dumb.
Derp.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Why would you have a problem with a Christian? as a true Christian you are to live a quiet, humble productive life. There is but one true church? and that would be the Church of Christ, Romans 16:16, Mark 16:16. Study Acts 2 and it will tell you when the church was started and how to become a Cheistian. It will tell you how God wants us to worship him, which is in spirit and truth.
When did I say I had a problem with individual christians? What are you talking about?

And please stop insulting my intelligence by spewing bible verses at me/

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
woo hoo
Failed Creationist liar with no evidence of god, trying to engage in a conversation with the aim of pushing your bullsh*t god agenda.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely understand your position.
The Mormons come every year to my house to invite me to their church. Now a days I donít even answer the door. Iíve got a security camera. If I donít know them. I donít need to talk to them.
Iím not trying to be mean itís just that Iím not interested. I think in todayís world there are better ways to invite people without coming across as a nuisance.
I donít hate gays or wish them harm. They shouldnít be discriminated in the work place. At the same time the work place is not a platform for them to market their lifestyle. In fact they need to keep their lifestyle personal.
I donít want to know if someone is gay. Itís none of my business to start with. For example CNNís Anderson Cooper came out that he was gay. In my opinion he used his job to promote a lifestyle. Work should be about work and nothing else. I think it was very inappropriate in my opinion.
I donít know any Christian that is anti science. There are hundreds of science disciplines and I support them all. Saying Christians are anti science is a very broad statement and itís untrue.
You choose not to believe. Iím ok with that decision of yours. We wouldnít be free if we didnít have a choice. My concerns are very similar to yours. I donít want anyone trying to convert me and that includes atheist. I donít want anyone trying to strip away my freedom of choice. Nor do I want anyone trying to stop my freedom of religion.
We have the right to believe or not to believe and I want to keep that freedom.
I don't think I said that all christians are against science - just that I am against the ones who actively attempt to spread their love of ignorance. I'm not picking on christians, there are people in every religion like this.
As for gay people, that's up to you to feel like that about them. However, you are wrong, and I think it's disgusting that bigoted ideas like yours can still exist in our society. Gay people aren't "marketing" their lifestyle by being openly gay at work, or anywhere for that matter; that's like saying that straight people market their lifestyle by being themselves in public. Gay people should not have to hide a big part of their personality because it offends the archaic sensibilities of a couple of socially stunted hold outs from the pre civil rights era. Seriously, there is absolutely no reason outside of insecurity or bigotry to be against a gay person simply being himself at work.
And the fact of the matter is, we live in a society where gestures like the one taken by anderson cooper are unnecessary, unfortunately. People assumed that he was straight by default, and I suppose he wanted everyone to know the truth, so he told them. He wasn't "marketing" himself - he didn't encourage anyone to "convert," he just came out. Today it is not uncommon for people to go as far as to commit suicide from the shame and guilt they feel from hiding "in the closet," and when big names like a. cooper come out it helps to remove a tiny bit of the stigma associated with being gay and with coming out, and that is a good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 124,881 - 124,900 of223,061
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••