Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129255 Oct 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Your babbling doesn't work on the educated and rational people here.
Maybe you should stick to teaching Sunday School.
He has to graduate from Sunday School first.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129258 Oct 13, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove nothing about a nothing, right?
Exactly, we all know your god is nothing.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129259 Oct 13, 2012
U issso booteafool wrote:
<quoted text>
is u charlie darwin adopted son!!;)
No DN is just an evolutionary dead end.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129260 Oct 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that bullies are cowards?
Thatís a yes or a no answer.
And once again you prove that godbots can answer a simple question.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#129261 Oct 13, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>All your post means is that you base your life on weeks of lusting after gays. Based on the two options, yours is the wrong one.
It makes me sad when everybody hates my wittle boi. My wittle boi could have been a big boy but he kept trying to hump the Bull Mastiff next door. Even though it was a male !!

I said, "No, No, don't do that, Oh, ewwwwwww".

Now he's my stupid wittle boi. Oh well.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129262 Oct 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is very cunning when itís being taught in education and universities. Itís not in your face but itís there.
Atheist have the right approach when it comes to marketing their ideology. Except when they put up a sign on a freeway. They seem to get a pretty good backlash from it.
Iím ok with people choosing to be atheist if that is what they want to believe. As long as they donít block my freedom of choice and right to freedom of religion.
Real education reduces religion to myth status.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129263 Oct 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mischaracterizing what I said and so have difficulties understanding.
Once again, individuals do not evolve. They are born with mutations, sure, and that contributes to evolutionary change if those mutations are passed down, but the individual is not evolving. The species' genome is.
Evolution takes place because of the differential survival and reproduction of individuals (and genes). Thus, you can look at individuals as the units of evolution (although you can also see genes as the units of evolution and individuals as the stage/program of where the dance is played out).
Since individuals do not become new individuals with new genes, they do not evolve.
Is this that difficult for you, Dave?
Yes

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129264 Oct 13, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>BLAHHHHH,bull......... .awchooo...
You are so ten years ago, it is not even funny. Don't post about what you have simply heard and do not comprehend. There are millions and millions of black holes in our galaxy and billions upon billions in millions of galaxies, yet not one has ever been seen, observed, or photographed. Physics actually breaks down with singularity. When you deal with quantum mechanics and quantum gravity, scientist say duh, we don't know anything and abiogenesis and the age of the universe falls apart. The Big Bang is simply what we describe as the universe massively expanding, which means that there was a Big Bang within every single black hole.
We have already gotten to the point where Einstein's theory of relativity is not relative. We reach a point in the Black hole with quantum gravity where 1/o=infinity, which means that time stopped and ceased to move.
We are developing a theory which I will name as the "God Hole" to replace the Black Hole. Evolution always breaks down at the quantum level and the quantum level is the smallest partical and atom that forms the larger masses. In fact, there are millions of places where Einstein's theory breaks down, including within every single singularity within each God Hole.
Alphabet soup.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129265 Oct 13, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Really, really. Atheism has killed over 200 million people in the last 90 years alone, exceeding all the Holy Wars combined.
How can there be a "holy" war?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129266 Oct 13, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>If Al Garcia displays cowardice, do you believe it's improper for you to no point it out?
That's a yes or no question.
Perhaps, you meant selective assignment, rather than accurate assessment.
Another godbot who can not answer a simple question

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129267 Oct 13, 2012
preterism wrote:
Atheism simply put are made up of individuals that rather believe that a creator isn't necessary to produce life. There's nothing wrong with saying a big bang happen, except it was done by God. God said in the beginning he created the heavens and earth. He created everything to reproduce after it's kind, including Adam and Eve which were created from dust. So having said that I see nothing wrong with the big bang producing life, because the heavens and the earth had the necessary ingredients to produce the big bang which God created with his word. the word being the source for the big bang.
Proof?

Show us one scientific theory which has a goddidit term.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129268 Oct 13, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It could not possibly be that you see everything satanically, without seeing satan, so no matter what Christians and Christians alone say or see, you follow his lead. Consider this wicca has over 300 gods and Hindu has 66 msjor and 330 million minor gods, but since they are productions of satan, you do not see it that way. Oops, that was according to God, but not found in the Bible.
Hummmm, all gods are are satan except yours. How do you know yours is the right one?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129269 Oct 13, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>All your post means is that you base your life on weeks of lusting after gays. Based on the two options, yours is the wrong one.
Again with your fixation on homosexuals. You have to be a closet gay. When is your coming out party?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#129270 Oct 13, 2012
Don't tell an evolution science hating creationist that. They will argue that it's angels that hold everything down.
preterism wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you jump, you experience gravity. It pulls you back down to the ground. Without gravity, you'd float off into the atmosphere -- along with all of the other matter on Earth.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#129271 Oct 13, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Species evolve, not individuals. Say it with me. Species evolve, not individuals. One more time? Species evolve, not individuals."
Those were your words, lovey.
If an individual inherited mutated genes from its parent, did it not evolve?
Yes, those are my words. Apparently they're quite difficult for you to grasp.

No, individuals with mutations do not evolve. They are individuals born with mutations.

Once again, evolution is defined as "allelic frequency changes in a gene pool, over time."

The individual born with mutations would be part of the evolutionary process, but does not themself evolve. That would require their genes to change and that doesn't happen.
Or its offspring if such mutation enabled its survival and reproduction? If that individual was the only offspring and died before it reproduced, did it not affect the evolution of the species genomes?
Individuals are not gene pools. Only species compromise gene pools. Individuals' genes do not change during their lifetime.
If they were units, it would be assumed their survival to reproduce, or death before such, evolved the species.
Sure. Individuals contribute to the evolution of a species. They don't evolve, though.
On the individual level. For one thing, the individual had to develop the mutation for it to be passed on. Its individual ability to exploit an advantage evolved within itself.
No. For mutations to be passed on, they have to be in the germline DNA - so the gametes. You're a man, presumably, and you make sperm every day. Each one of those sperms, well the fertile ones anyways, has a chance to have a mutation. That doesn't mean the mutation is represented in your body, though.

Remember your basic biology? Meiosis? In males, meiosis is the largest cause of mutations in the sperm. However, your gametes can also be hit by mutagens, too. No, that doesn't alter your genetic makeup, only that of your gametes.

If, on the other hand, you were born of one of those mutated sperm, then the mutant gene is already expressed throughout your body (or where ever it expresses itself). Again, you're not evolving since your genes aren't changing. You were born that way, the genes stay that way your entire life.

I suppose you could imagine some kind of Star Trek disease/parasite that changes your entire genome. In that case, you would have evolved. That doesn't happen in nature. The closest parallel to this sci-fi would be something like a somatic-line genetic virus that humans have turned HIV into. The first time it was used, it caused massive organ failure and the patient died in 48 hours. So, they didn't evolve. They just died b/c their DNA was disrupted and they could no longer function.

Louisville, KY

#129272 Oct 13, 2012
Perhaps but all would have a good time and it beats the hell out of flying planes into buildings.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, totally!
You'd want to be careful around Bacchus followers, though, they would drink you under the table every single time.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#129273 Oct 13, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> It wasn't done with God's approval these atrocities you speak of were done by evil people. The devi is very cunning in his ways, as stalin was of the devil in his actions and deeds. This is so ridiculous to say that stalin or hitler were Christians, only your deeds and actions prove you a Christian or, a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Baby, neither of your gods, "God" or "Satan" exist. Men act all by themselves.

All the killing that has gone on in the name of religion is not because some god is directing its worshipers to kill, it's because the people either 1) believe that some god is telling them to kill or 2) are using religion as an excuse to further their political desires.

Louisville, KY

#129274 Oct 13, 2012
Perhaps the horseshoe crab made Jesus very angry all those millions of years ago and that's why he didn't allow them to evolve?:)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your reasoning here? Why would a crab with a body shape well suited for its environment change? Why would it become intelligent? What selection pressures would push it to be intelligent?
No, Eagle, they did not stop evolving. The horseshoe crab you see today is not the same species as the one in the past. They have speciated several times. The current one evolved around 18 million years ago. Remember? I already posted a link to an article by the world's leading horseshoe crab expert. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "that's a malicious untruth."
1) Do you not follow my links b/c you're genuinely not interested in knowing how and what science has evidence for?
2) Are you incapable of learning?
3) Or did you just miss the post?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

SŲdertšlje, Sweden

#129275 Oct 13, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> It wasn't done with God's approval these atrocities you speak of were done by evil people. The devi is very cunning in his ways, as stalin was of the devil in his actions and deeds. This is so ridiculous to say that stalin or hitler were Christians, only your deeds and actions prove you a Christian or, a wolf in sheep's clothing.
the ware christian and what ever you say doesn't change it and the christian churches approved of it all

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#129276 Oct 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Perhaps but all would have a good time and it beats the hell out of flying planes into buildings.
<quoted text>
I'm right with you there. How does that go again?

Science taught us to build planes. Religion taught us to fly them into buildings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr Eagle 12 2,275
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr EXPERT 23,181
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr _Bad Company 120
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 10 hr Thinking 28
God' existence 10 hr Thinking 57
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr thetruth 1,442
Atheism does not exist at all 11 hr thetruth 4
More from around the web