Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,234)

Showing posts 124,661 - 124,680 of223,066
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

Soledad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Catcher shoots from the shadows. Luckily for him, they are blanks.
Come out into the light, big boy. Give us some substance.
Can't prove nothing about a nothing, right?
Coward.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

LlE Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Beavis, I assure you that neither the croonies or you have done any lac work, lived with reason, or read books with understanding.
If you can not read and discern the Bible, you have no basis for science. You are just another "flat earther", still battling the spherical ancient teachings of the Bible.
No, Beavis, the earth is still not flat, although your mindbot crowd called it a fact. So, Beavis, the tenants and design of science all came from God and the minds of the religious. Your crowd was known as heathens, imbeciles and heretics.
Your bible only requires "discernment" because it is nothing but one huge flaw, written to lull inbred hicks working the fields and allow their masters, the preachers, to rule the land without having to fight for it.

If you cannot debate intellectually, then why do you bother thinking? If you live only based on one book, then why do you bother speaking? Theists are stuck on one track and you are all incapable of expanding your minds, your knowledge, your learning, so why do you bother living? There is an afterlife waiting for you, so you have no reason to continue infecting our world.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

preterism wrote:
<quoted text> It wasn't done with God's approval these atrocities you speak of were done by evil people. The devi is very cunning in his ways, as stalin was of the devil in his actions and deeds. This is so ridiculous to say that stalin or hitler were Christians, only your deeds and actions prove you a Christian or, a wolf in sheep's clothing.
So when your god commanded the Isrealites to slaughter and rape, that was not justified?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

preterism wrote:
Atheism simply put are made up of individuals that rather believe that a creator isn't necessary to produce life. There's nothing wrong with saying a big bang happen, except it was done by God. God said in the beginning he created the heavens and earth. He created everything to reproduce after it's kind, including Adam and Eve which were created from dust. So having said that I see nothing wrong with the big bang producing life, because the heavens and the earth had the necessary ingredients to produce the big bang which God created with his word. the word being the source for the big bang.
So, you're saying "it's all good as long as you give credit to my god?" That's rather presumptuous of you, considering all the thousands and millions of other gods with the same amount of evidence yours has. What if you give credit to the wrong one?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Really, really. Atheism has killed over 200 million people in the last 90 years alone, exceeding all the Holy Wars combined.
According to your bible ... 22 million on it's own. Conservative at 2,476,633 by his own hand. Satan killed 10.

Then we tally in the millions killed in the name of your god, well over 300 million.

Now, how many "atheism" has killed is zero. None, none died in the name of atheism. Nice. Yeah.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

preterism wrote:
<quoted text>
.....There is but one true church? and that would be the Church of Christ, Romans 16:16, Mark 16:16. Study Acts 2...
All that means is you base your life on a book of myths.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Your babbling doesn't work on the educated and rational people here.
Maybe you should stick to teaching Sunday School.
He has to graduate from Sunday School first.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove nothing about a nothing, right?
Exactly, we all know your god is nothing.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

U issso booteafool wrote:
<quoted text>
is u charlie darwin adopted son!!;)
No DN is just an evolutionary dead end.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that bullies are cowards?
Thatís a yes or a no answer.
And once again you prove that godbots can answer a simple question.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>All your post means is that you base your life on weeks of lusting after gays. Based on the two options, yours is the wrong one.
It makes me sad when everybody hates my wittle boi. My wittle boi could have been a big boy but he kept trying to hump the Bull Mastiff next door. Even though it was a male !!

I said, "No, No, don't do that, Oh, ewwwwwww".

Now he's my stupid wittle boi. Oh well.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is very cunning when itís being taught in education and universities. Itís not in your face but itís there.
Atheist have the right approach when it comes to marketing their ideology. Except when they put up a sign on a freeway. They seem to get a pretty good backlash from it.
Iím ok with people choosing to be atheist if that is what they want to believe. As long as they donít block my freedom of choice and right to freedom of religion.
Real education reduces religion to myth status.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mischaracterizing what I said and so have difficulties understanding.
Once again, individuals do not evolve. They are born with mutations, sure, and that contributes to evolutionary change if those mutations are passed down, but the individual is not evolving. The species' genome is.
Evolution takes place because of the differential survival and reproduction of individuals (and genes). Thus, you can look at individuals as the units of evolution (although you can also see genes as the units of evolution and individuals as the stage/program of where the dance is played out).
Since individuals do not become new individuals with new genes, they do not evolve.
Is this that difficult for you, Dave?
Yes

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>BLAHHHHH,bull......... .awchooo...
You are so ten years ago, it is not even funny. Don't post about what you have simply heard and do not comprehend. There are millions and millions of black holes in our galaxy and billions upon billions in millions of galaxies, yet not one has ever been seen, observed, or photographed. Physics actually breaks down with singularity. When you deal with quantum mechanics and quantum gravity, scientist say duh, we don't know anything and abiogenesis and the age of the universe falls apart. The Big Bang is simply what we describe as the universe massively expanding, which means that there was a Big Bang within every single black hole.
We have already gotten to the point where Einstein's theory of relativity is not relative. We reach a point in the Black hole with quantum gravity where 1/o=infinity, which means that time stopped and ceased to move.
We are developing a theory which I will name as the "God Hole" to replace the Black Hole. Evolution always breaks down at the quantum level and the quantum level is the smallest partical and atom that forms the larger masses. In fact, there are millions of places where Einstein's theory breaks down, including within every single singularity within each God Hole.
Alphabet soup.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Really, really. Atheism has killed over 200 million people in the last 90 years alone, exceeding all the Holy Wars combined.
How can there be a "holy" war?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>If Al Garcia displays cowardice, do you believe it's improper for you to no point it out?
That's a yes or no question.
Perhaps, you meant selective assignment, rather than accurate assessment.
Another godbot who can not answer a simple question

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

preterism wrote:
Atheism simply put are made up of individuals that rather believe that a creator isn't necessary to produce life. There's nothing wrong with saying a big bang happen, except it was done by God. God said in the beginning he created the heavens and earth. He created everything to reproduce after it's kind, including Adam and Eve which were created from dust. So having said that I see nothing wrong with the big bang producing life, because the heavens and the earth had the necessary ingredients to produce the big bang which God created with his word. the word being the source for the big bang.
Proof?

Show us one scientific theory which has a goddidit term.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It could not possibly be that you see everything satanically, without seeing satan, so no matter what Christians and Christians alone say or see, you follow his lead. Consider this wicca has over 300 gods and Hindu has 66 msjor and 330 million minor gods, but since they are productions of satan, you do not see it that way. Oops, that was according to God, but not found in the Bible.
Hummmm, all gods are are satan except yours. How do you know yours is the right one?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>All your post means is that you base your life on weeks of lusting after gays. Based on the two options, yours is the wrong one.
Again with your fixation on homosexuals. You have to be a closet gay. When is your coming out party?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Don't tell an evolution science hating creationist that. They will argue that it's angels that hold everything down.
preterism wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you jump, you experience gravity. It pulls you back down to the ground. Without gravity, you'd float off into the atmosphere -- along with all of the other matter on Earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 124,661 - 124,680 of223,066
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••